Has anyone heard of Oasis Agent or KHM Travel Group?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

ceesiren in Beaverton, Oregon

33 months ago

I am signed up with Oasis (they are affiliated with Palm Coast Travel, btw) and I like them... they definitely offer some great benefits (not the least of which is being involved with the Signature Network), however, I also was led to believe that the cost to book was $29 per trip no matter what the commission was (unless it was under $100 and then it was supposedly an 80/20 split with you keeping 80%). But I recently received notice from them that they are going to an 80/20 split for all bookings. And when I looked closer at my contract I discovered that the $29 booking fee only applied if the commission was under $159. I mean it SAID that in the contract, which I hadn't read as thoroughly as I should have because I had spoken to someone there and believed I fully understood the program. Silly me. And to be honest, I'm kind of pissed about that. Their website still STATES the thing about $29/booking no matter what the commission is!!!

I still think they have a lot to recommend them, esp. for independent agents working solo. Great commission levels, good support and, if you can afford it, their top level of membership ($79/mo) offers some very amazing tools that will help you immensely. However, that's kind of a big chunk for someone fairly new to the biz, so you might want to consider other options.

Another one I'm looking at is Outsideagents.com (affiliated with Cruises and Tours Unlimited... who I have been told is a big nasty discounter!)... but they don't charge a monthly fee at all... just the 80/20 split and if you do enough volume that drops to 90/10! They also offer you a lot of support and training... and they give you Revelex Power Agent booking engine for FREE... which is awesome. I think it's the best engine in the biz and I worked for one agency that charged me $25/mo just for that alone. For new agents, no monthly fees is going to be VERY attractive & hard to beat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kanaks in Honolulu, Hawaii

29 months ago

I'm with all of you. Trying to find a trustworthy host. @ceesiren, When did you start with OASIS? Have you gotten any biz from OASIS and have you gotten paid from them? Is the biz that you have gotten from them consistant and have they paid you on time? How is their staff, are they as helpful as they say? Has anyone complained about them? I tried to look them up on the BBB but there is nothing on them that I could find. Did you have to take their training? If so was it worth the $399.00? I'm at the entry level of the travel industry so I'm just trying to gather information before I commit. Thanks any information anyone can give re: OASIS or any other travel host is very much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen32 in Arlington, Texas

29 months ago

Has anyone heard anything about Authorized Agents? I am also looking in to Oasis and Outside Agents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadine in Plainfield, Indiana

29 months ago

kanaks in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I'm with all of you. Trying to find a trustworthy host. @ceesiren, When did you start with OASIS? Have you gotten any biz from OASIS and have you gotten paid from them? Is the biz that you have gotten from them consistant and have they paid you on time? How is their staff, are they as helpful as they say? Has anyone complained about them? I tried to look them up on the BBB but there is nothing on them that I could find. Did you have to take their training? If so was it worth the $399.00? I'm at the entry level of the travel industry so I'm just trying to gather information before I commit. Thanks any information anyone can give re: OASIS or any other travel host is very much appreciated.

I found Oasis and OutsideAgents.com on the bbb.org in USA under thier affiliate name (found on the websites outsideagents.com and oasisagent.com "about us page" that had the affilliate name and address)
Outsideagents.com had an A+ bbb rating under the different affiliate name and Oasis had a B+ bbb rating under thier affilited name. Not sure if that means that the actual business name is the same or not.
KHM is under its own name with an A+ bbb rating. I had been looking at them for a while. They also sell a product called Luxevo (savings club?). You get residual income from this one, but it is about $100.00 to start and $49.00 per month. So now I am really confused. I am in a business that I think is awesome but it is a dental/health discount savings plan with complete markedting and training. It costs $50 to 75.00 a month. MLM etc. It seems like you could do well with it and people are. But I hate to shell out more and not do well with it. Although, travel sounds like a top work at home job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nadine in Plainfield, Indiana

29 months ago

I just noticed on the Oasis affiliate name on the bbb.org USA site that there is a red alert Link and when clicked on it there is a note about there is a government action on the company. What ever that means, but I am staying away from Oasis. UGH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Calgary, Alberta

28 months ago

I believe it has to do with them selling travel insurance incorrectly. It should be straightened out soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Calgary, Alberta

28 months ago

Also found out they are not accepting agents from Canada. No reason given.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rhonda in Bulverde, Texas

27 months ago

Sounds like outside agents is the one to go with. Am I right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moxxie01@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Yes. Training isn't as easy with KHM, but you aren't looped into a $50 /mo for a year contract with KHM either. I liked their training so I signed up for both not knowing that KHM contracted you for a year and outside agents didn't. So in comparing the 2 free is better with no strings in outside agents, but not as easy training, no website or extras either. Still wish I just went with Outside Agents to save a monthly charge. But Great training with KHM even though I am stuck. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

I was with KHM Travel it cost me 99.00 dollars to join and a monthly fee I think like 49.95 a month for the booking engine and if you want want the Luxevo Program it is extra. I am trying out Outside Agents who has been around since 1992 their parent name is Cruises and Tours Unlimited. And they are pretty reasonable actually it is free to begin. If you don't have a lot to invest right away I would chose them, and the commissions are 80% if you use them to help you book, but I you book yourself it is like 100%. Also they do not discriminate Canadians. I am sure they would love to have you aboard. Also Outside Agents was on the top ten hosting agents site. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kattiek

26 months ago

Thanks- appreciate that you took the time to answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

momto3and1more in Lutz, Florida

25 months ago

I was just reading about KHM. ems like alot to get started especially if on a tight budget. Ive been looking for something to do from home and there are so many scams out there its unbelievable. I was with Global Travel years ago but also had a fulltime job so I didn't put in the effort I should have. From what I remember there wasn't much support and training at all. I think I will look into Outside agents.
Thanks for all the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alis-Life is Beautiful in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

20 months ago

moxxie01@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes. Training isn't as easy with KHM, but you aren't looped into a $50 /mo for a year contract with KHM either. I liked their training so I signed up for both not knowing that KHM contracted you for a year and outside agents didn't. So in comparing the 2 free is better with no strings in outside agents, but not as easy training, no website or extras either. Still wish I just went with Outside Agents to save a monthly charge. But Great training with KHM even though I am stuck. :)

Question: Despite the fact that you are with held in a 1 year contract, is the experience paying off? How are you liking the job/career? I am curious to know because I am actually interested in KHM myself. As far as outside agents or Oasis, you would rather work for them because it's free? Even though they do not provide proper training or none at all to new agents? I don't know, I think I would love to get trained and perform well even if there is a fee. However, if I can be trained without having to pay a fee, then that's even better! I just doubt any business would do that, especially if there is a huge payout involved. Anyways,please let me know your thoughts on this matter. Thanks and stay blessed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alis-Life is Beautiful in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

20 months ago

I have another question. Has anyone heard of MMV-Magical Moments Vacations. They specialize in Disney Vacations. I am just curious to know if this could be something to consider as well. I know that Disney Parks will be profitable because Disney is such a huge brand. But just need more information about this particular travel agency host. If anyone knows something about it please let me know. So far, all I have found out is that there is only a 100.00 payment for the E&O. The owner, Ms. Jen states that she is an agent herself and believes in agents being able to work, earn and learn without all of the unnecessary fees that most host agencies provide. This seems ideal being that I'm completely new and strained financially-hence, wanting to work from home. Please comment if you have any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ervin in Brooklyn, Michigan

19 months ago

I did not like KHM over charge you the website that they give you is very dull my customers did not like it. outsideagent is the best by far been with them 2 years now. You can get a your own website with them it is called agent studio the best by far...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ARACELIS in Gillette, New Jersey

14 months ago

Wow! happy I read the comments, will be looking at "Outside Agents.com" :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anastacia in San Diego, California

12 months ago

I am looking at both KHM and Outside Agents as well. I am brand new and need the best training possible. It seems that KHM has that, as well as weekly webinars and conference calls. It seems to me that the training might be worth the monthly fee and support. Has anyone recently worked with either. A lot of these posts are older, so wanted to see if there is anymore recent information. Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Learned a Lesson in Arlington, Texas

11 months ago

Stay away from KHM. They have been promising technology upgrades for years and their system sucks! You are locked into a contrac. Get different answers depending on who you talk to. Fight for commission. Just a nightmare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Freda in Williamston, South Carolina

8 months ago

momto3and1more in Lutz, Florida said: I was just reading about KHM. ems like alot to get started especially if on a tight budget. Ive been looking for something to do from home and there are so many scams out there its unbelievable. I was with Global Travel years ago but also had a fulltime job so I didn't put in the effort I should have. From what I remember there wasn't much support and training at all. I think I will look into Outside agents.
Thanks for all the info!

So tell me how is Global Travel. .I am interesting in that company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lindy1958 in Milton, Massachusetts

8 months ago

I have been with KHM going on 4 years and I love them. You may have to pay a fee but it is worth every penny just with the training they provide. They also have training at their offices 4 times a year, 2 times for new agents coming in and they also have training for veteran agents agents twice a year. They have wonderful fams quite a few times a year. The owners and the agents are what makes this company, it is like having an extended family. Everyone goes out of their way to help each other and we love getting to see old friends and make new ones on the fams we go too. I have never had a problem receiving my commission and once you achieve the status of Pinnacle which is having 100,000 in sales a year you go up to 90/10 split. As far as their techonology it has taken a while but they didn't want to put anything out there to their agents that was inferior so we should have it within 2 weeks. They do have their website that we can put our brand on but I choose to have my own website as well because I want to sell myself and book my clients so I can form a relationship with them. If anyone want to know more about them I would be happy to answer any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LearnedALesson in Texas

8 months ago

This review is a joke. Must be from a KHM Staff member.

They rake in money from unqualified people who don't know the first thing about the travel industry giving professional agents a bad name.

As far as the community and "Family" by all means if you enjoy working with other agents who ask questions like: "Is a passport required for travel to (insert euopean country here)?" Then knock yourself out and sign up.

The "training" they offer new agents requires travel to them, which isn't free.

Their promised technology upgrades have been in the works for YEARS.

They require that client documents are sent to them, then deduct the cost to send them to you out of commissions.

They frequently do not pay commission on items booked on their joke of a website.

There reporting system is cumbersome and is 1980 technology at best.

I now work with a Host Agency that actually cares about Agents, not just collecting a monthly fee. I pay nothing, get more support and training than I ever received from KHM, have already had FAM opportunities and work with a group of Travel Profrssionals not a bunch of unqualified hobbyists.

STAY AWAY FROM KHM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

VDrelling in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

lindy1958 in Milton, Massachusetts said: I have been with KHM going on 4 years and I love them. You may have to pay a fee but it is worth every penny just with the training they provide. They also have training at their offices 4 times a year, 2 times for new agents coming in and they also have training for veteran agents agents twice a year. They have wonderful fams quite a few times a year. The owners and the agents are what makes this company, it is like having an extended family. Everyone goes out of their way to help each other and we love getting to see old friends and make new ones on the fams we go too. I have never had a problem receiving my commission and once you achieve the status of Pinnacle which is having 100,000 in sales a year you go up to 90/10 split. As far as their techonology it has taken a while but they didn't want to put anything out there to their agents that was inferior so we should have it within 2 weeks. They do have their website that we can put our brand on but I choose to have my own website as well because I want to sell myself and book my clients so I can form a relationship with them. If anyone want to know more about them I would be happy to answer any questions.

I would like to know mor about your experience. I have seen a lot of bad reviews about KHM. Can you email me so we can discuss this further. Nica63@live.com

Sbrent in San Francisco, California

7 months ago

I found a host in San Juan Capistrano called Authorized Agents. They pay 80%- so far did not stick me with any fees except for Errors and Omissions at $5 per month. They are part of Signature. What I like is that they don't sell direct - but a little strange on the name since their consumer name is Travelmakers. Been with them 5yrs but retiring this year. Website is AuthorizedAgents.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JennB0202 in Dublin, Georgia

6 months ago

I would love the name of the host company that you are currently working with!

LearnedALesson in Texas said: This review is a joke. Must be from a KHM Staff member.

They rake in money from unqualified people who don't know the first thing about the travel industry giving professional agents a bad name.

As far as the community and "Family" by all means if you enjoy working with other agents who ask questions like: "Is a passport required for travel to (insert euopean country here)?" Then knock yourself out and sign up.

The "training" they offer new agents requires travel to them, which isn't free.

Their promised technology upgrades have been in the works for YEARS.

They require that client documents are sent to them, then deduct the cost to send them to you out of commissions.

They frequently do not pay commission on items booked on their joke of a website.

There reporting system is cumbersome and is 1980 technology at best.

I now work with a Host Agency that actually cares about Agents, not just collecting a monthly fee. I pay nothing, get more support and training than I ever received from KHM, have already had FAM opportunities and work with a group of Travel Profrssionals not a bunch of unqualified hobbyists.

STAY AWAY FROM KHM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

gogetta in Ashburn, Virginia

4 months ago

lindy1958 in Milton, Massachusetts said: I have been with KHM going on 4 years and I love them. You may have to pay a fee but it is worth every penny just with the training they provide. They also have training at their offices 4 times a year, 2 times for new agents coming in and they also have training for veteran agents agents twice a year. They have wonderful fams quite a few times a year. The owners and the agents are what makes this company, it is like having an extended family. Everyone goes out of their way to help each other and we love getting to see old friends and make new ones on the fams we go too. I have never had a problem receiving my commission and once you achieve the status of Pinnacle which is having 100,000 in sales a year you go up to 90/10 split. As far as their techonology it has taken a while but they didn't want to put anything out there to their agents that was inferior so we should have it within 2 weeks. They do have their website that we can put our brand on but I choose to have my own website as well because I want to sell myself and book my clients so I can form a relationship with them. If anyone want to know more about them I would be happy to answer any questions.

Good Morning,

I read your post and like what I read. If it is ok with you I would like to ask you a few questions about KHM Travel. Please let me know if you are free to talk by phone or email.

Thanks!!!

Have a great weekend

TravelGuy2014 in Florida

3 months ago

Oasis Agent is the fastest growing host agency. They also offer a mentoring program for people new to the travel industry which is great.

You can read reviews on Oasis Agent and KHM Travel Group here---

www.findahosttravelagency.com/hostagencyreviews.htm

Hope this helps!

limitless03 in Richmond, Virginia

2 months ago

Global Travel is another hosting agency that is misleading and rude! They have an A+ rating for the BBB because it can not include their agents. I attempted to post a complaint and was informed I had to proceed through the Federal Labor Department. I paid over $318.00 for the platinum agent package and was told I could make commission off of travel sales and save up to 70% for personal bookings. This was not true you do not receive a discount for personal bookings, you make commission off of your bookings which of course is not up to a 70% discount. I was also told that I could have 2 agents work under me and their incentive was they could receive the up to 70% off agent rate and the primary owner makes the commision. Again, not true because they dont receive a discount and you must pay them the commission. When I received my Agent ID card, it had my picture with someone else's name on it!!! I would stay away from Global Travel!!!! When I called to inquire about the discrepancy, I had the hardest time getting in contact with anyone who was willing to help. Ray was rude and said well thats fine you can cancel when I told him I wanted my questions asked he proceeded to tell me it was fine I didn't agree with them bc they had an A+ rating. Of course after, attempting to file a complaint I discovered its onlt bc agents can't file with the BBB

2 months ago

Freda in Williamston, South Carolina said: So tell me how is Global Travel. .I am interesting in that company

Global Travel is another hosting agency that is misleading and rude! They have an A+ rating for the BBB because it can not include their agents. I attempted to post a complaint and was informed I had to proceed through the Federal Labor Department. I paid over $318.00 for the platinum agent package and was told I could make commission off of travel sales and save up to 70% for personal bookings. This was not true you do not receive a discount for personal bookings, you make commission off of your bookings which of course is not up to a 70% discount. I was also told that I could have 2 agents work under me and their incentive was they could receive the up to 70% off agent rate and the primary owner makes the commision. Again, not true because they dont receive a discount and you must pay them the commission. When I received my Agent ID card, it had my picture with someone else's name on it!!! I would stay away from Global Travel!!!! When I called to inquire about the discrepancy, I had the hardest time getting in contact with anyone who was willing to help. Ray was rude and said well thats fine you can cancel when I told him I wanted my questions asked he proceeded to tell me it was fine I didn't agree with them bc they had an A+ rating. Of course after, attempting to file a complaint I discovered its onlt bc agents can't file with the BBB

Tony Perez in Miami, Florida

1 month ago

I will hate to be stock with a bad company when it comes to a travel agency host. Can anyone let me know who is the best out there. I am looking for independent feedback not coming from a website that show as if they will be just giving feedback to get advertising from the host. I would appreciate any feedback.

1 month ago

I like outside Agents/Cruises and Tours Unlimited

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.