Referring business to travel agents??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Marculi in Stuttgart, Germany

43 months ago

Hello all,

I am an American from Southern California that now lives in Germany. I have been tossing around a business idea in my head and I’d like to find out from some of you here if it’s actually a viable opportunity.

I’d like to promote California Wine Tour packages to travelers here in Europe (starting in Germany). What would be the best way to begin? Perhaps contacting California travel agencies with this proposal where I could earn a commission on the blocks of travelers I bring to them? Is this something some travel agencies would even consider? Or, do I need to go through some level of licensing in order to book my own packages--although that’s not the way I’d prefer to do it at this stage.

Ideally, what I’d like to do is stick to the promoting and selling of these packages to prospective groups of European travelers, then sending these groups to my partner agent/agency as a regular source referrals. Is this doable?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Phoenix, Arizona

42 months ago

Marculi in Stuttgart, Germany said: Hello all,

I am an American from Southern California that now lives in Germany. I have been tossing around a business idea in my head and I’d like to find out from some of you here if it’s actually a viable opportunity.

I’d like to promote California Wine Tour packages to travelers here in Europe (starting in Germany). What would be the best way to begin? Perhaps contacting California travel agencies with this proposal where I could earn a commission on the blocks of travelers I bring to them? Is this something some travel agencies would even consider? Or, do I need to go through some level of licensing in order to book my own packages--although that’s not the way I’d prefer to do it at this stage.

Ideally, what I’d like to do is stick to the promoting and selling of these packages to prospective groups of European travelers, then sending these groups to my partner agent/agency as a regular source referrals. Is this doable?

Thanks in advance!

Totally! Check out Net Travel Ease, they will help you and have an awesome support staff!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rina in Stuttgart, Germany

26 months ago

Hello Marculi,

I just crossed over yr question about this biz.
Funny. I thought about opening d same biz and was searching d web. The bad part of being on this side of the world is that u cannot find any info for opening a biz on d 'net.... also, any kind of info... d Web is limited...(May be, I don't know where/how to look for it. LoL..started to doubt myself.)

Anyhow, I just moved to Stuttgart area from Miami Beach, FL. As I said, I thought of opening a biz and came up with this idea. So, now... I read so many different posts & comments. Overall, people were saying that it is really tough to open a biz///any biz in Germany.

So, I am just curious.. Did you manage to open your own travel agency biz, did you become a travel agent working for a company or you decide not to do it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

Marculi in Stuttgart, Germany said: Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

I love your idea, my host agency can help you just contact net travel ease and tell them Jennifer sent you, owner speaks German too.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

14 months ago

Your working it hard tonight Jen.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.