I want to start a home-based travel business out of hawaii

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

konarose in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

44 months ago

I live in Kona-Hawaii and have contact, family and friends that always ask me to book their travel. I am interested in becoming an independent travel consultant or agent. Who should I contact to start and get the basics, cost etc? I want legitimate companies, there are so many scams. Aloha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa 925 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

The best way to get started is to call local agency and ask if they are looking for outside agents. It can be done a few different ways. You can give them the business and they would book everything and give you a referral rate. Or you could book it through there agency and you get part of the commission. If you are familiar with travel and destinations booking it yourself is the best way to go. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa 925 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

konarose in Kailua Kona, Hawaii said: I live in Kona-Hawaii and have contact, family and friends that always ask me to book their travel. I am interested in becoming an independent travel consultant or agent. Who should I contact to start and get the basics, cost etc? I want legitimate companies, there are so many scams. Aloha

The best way to get started is to call local agency and ask if they are looking for outside agents. It can be done a few different ways. You can give them the business and they would book everything and give you a referral rate. Or you could book it through there agency and you get part of the commission. If you are familiar with travel and destinations booking it yourself is the best way to go. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Phoenix, Arizona

43 months ago

konarose in Kailua Kona, Hawaii said: I live in Kona-Hawaii and have contact, family and friends that always ask me to book their travel. I am interested in becoming an independent travel consultant or agent. Who should I contact to start and get the basics, cost etc? I want legitimate companies, there are so many scams. Aloha

You should check out Net Travel Ease! They can help you with this, and have an awesome support staff!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Konarose: Aloha. If you're going to start a business from home, check to see what the local zoning ordinances are. You also have to have enough capital to start your business. Check out the Small Business Administration.

Just do your homework first before you get started. Take Care and Mahalo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FRank in Elmont, New York

41 months ago

Here is an information to become a travel agent:

www.protravelnetwork.com/mr/janda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lokelani in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

36 months ago

are you still looking to work with a travel agent home based?

laura lortie Director Technology Integra in Mississauga, Ontario

34 months ago

If you are looking for work in the travel agency.
I have a option. We are an after hour service in canada.
We are looking for corporate travel agents to work weekend shift friday/ saturday / sunday part time , which would be your day time
Part time hours ar available we pay well too

if interested - email lauralortie@tass247.com

btuk in Mankato, Minnesota

30 months ago

My name is Brandon i am 30 years old and live in Minnesota, burrr i know haha. Anyway, I was a recruiter for a staffing firm for the past 8 years but our office branch closed down. I have something cooking on the side and would love to share with you (TRAVEL RELATED), please email me at bltukua@gmail.com that is my personal email, I look forward in hearing from ya! $$

Nimeje97@gmail.com in Newark, New Jersey

30 months ago

btuk in Mankato, Minnesota said: My name is Brandon i am 30 years old and live in Minnesota, burrr i know haha. Anyway, I was a recruiter for a staffing firm for the past 8 years but our office branch closed down. I have something cooking on the side and would love to share with you (TRAVEL RELATED), please email me at bltukua@gmail.com that is my personal email, I look forward in hearing from ya! $$

Hi Brandon.
I own a travel agency and a tour company. We are very small and I'm looking for growth abilities. What do you have cooking and can we help eachother?

Tour Operator in Maldives

26 months ago

We are a legitimate company registered in Maldives. Contact us for more details on our partnering offer. Our email address is [ marketing(at)agentmaldives(dot)com ]

btuk in Madison Lake, Minnesota

26 months ago

What up Hawaii! Email me at bltukua@gmail.com, im 31 years old and would love to share with you what I do on the side from my FT job!! Travel Industry will climb to 13-15 Trillion within 2-5 years, Buckle up :)

elegantknightstravel in Stoughton, Massachusetts

10 months ago

Hello and just wanted to know if you still need help in connecting with a bona fide host agency?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.