Truck Driver Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (582) - Start a Discussion

Magic Hotshots

Updated 29 months ago

Owner Operator Contractor work available in Houston, TX - 12 Replies

New Company. Need owner operators, with clean driving records. 2+ years experience for Flatbeds, Vans Competitive per mile pay. Bilingual...

Hondo in Corona, California

Updated 29 months ago

5 year old DUI? - 2 Replies

i've been looking around trying to find a company that would hire me if i have a DUI that is 5 years old. i was going to apply at CR England but they...

csurain90 in Lombard, Illinois

Failed a physical/drug test before i started trucking school

Hello everybody. So i was supposed to start class at a local trucking school at the end of august. I took a physical and drug test and failed the...

freenatlast2008 in Ceres, California

Updated 30 months ago

99 freightliner super 10 transmission shifting question - 4 Replies

Can anyone tell me the right way to shift with this type of a transmission, just bought the truck, haven't drove it much, but have been told they...

madcat31clan in Medina, Ohio

Updated 30 months ago

Cdl class a drivers with an ovi on there record '18 mos ago' - 2 Replies

Is there any companies that will hire me. I graduated from driving school and started driving for valley transportation,4 months later i screwed up...

50sheriff

Updated 30 months ago

Have you been terminated for a minor incident? - 6 Replies

I have been an over the road driver a few years ago, and I was thinking about going over the road again, and what I have been reading, well, I am...

simplyforgiven in Bend, Oregon

Preventable accidents? Swift

My husband has only been driving since July of last year. Right after he completed his training and was on his own he had what the company he worked...

screwed in Lodi, California

Updated 31 months ago

accident - 3 Replies

I had an accident 6 months ago in a straight truck in Nebraska, but it does not show on my ohio MVR (Class D license). I fell asleep around 2am,ran...

ecity in Terre Haute, Indiana

looking for companies willing to work with me 2 incidents

Hey guys, Here goes. Got my cdl. Worked for a company for 2+ months. Had 6 weeks of training with two guys but both were dedicated routes so not...

ms in Riverside, California

need a job

Got my CDL 5 months ago. Working as an OTR driver for a company the last 4 months. Being at the bottom of the pay scale I can't get enough miles to...

Emkhey in Philippines

Updated 31 months ago

Job history problems? - 2 Replies

So, here is my situation... I have my CDL,a perfect driving record, no criminal history and so on but, I haven't held a job since 2006 and that...

ghost2807 in Appleton, Wisconsin

leaving trucking company

i quit a trucking company and had on a partial load i was in tennesee and took the truck back to green bay wisconsin and left it in there yard and...

irocn88 in Winfield, Alabama

where can a driver get a job with with 3 speeding tickets....NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

I'm trying to help my brother find a job truck driving. He has 3 speeding tickets and no luck finding a job. Does any one know a company in alabama...

Taco55 in Los Angeles, California

Question about non CDL driver (driving Commercial) and DOT Drug test

I worked for a small company, Driving a pick-up/trailer. I was listed under the companies insurance as a CDL driver. (I do not have a CDL) Just a...

dan bulera in Buffalo, New York

i have use in one of my eyes can i still get a cdl in nys

i only can see out my left eye but i have a drivers lic in nys can i get a cdl lic in nys

todd

Altom trucking

Anybody know Anything about altom trkng chgo... just got hired ... got to find out what its all about

rahdigga in Arlington, Texas

Updated 34 months ago

failed random drug test THC positive - 1 Reply

got fired from cr england after random drug test. I finished the ASAP program within 2weeks and now I am able to go back to safety sensitive duties....

Marcus Killion in Wichita, Kansas

Am I the only one who has to ? Posting replies

Am I the only one who has to enter the numbers in the box at least twice before it posts my replies ?

bill in Akron, Ohio

when will insurance companies lift restrictions on first ovi conviction?

Three years or five years?

bill in Akron, Ohio

when will insurance companies lift restrictions on first ovi conviction?

Three years or five years?

deegeeze in Madison, Wisconsin

Failed random

hey

raul in El Sobrante, California

Updated 34 months ago

local eployment-san francisco bay area. - 8 Replies

hi there, im a cdl a driver in the bay area with all endoresments including hazmat,clean dmv(1 point)about to expire,29yrs exper,looking for a semi...

AtlantaDriver in Atlanta, Georgia

New to America and Wanna Drive

hi guys i just adjust my status in America and was looking to get into the truck driving business but i don't have any experience and i just receive...

desperate in Lancaster, Texas

Finding a job with a record

Please someone i need some help. Im 22, and i have my cdl, i diddnt go to a trucking school, i just rode with a friend and studied really hard. Ive...

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

Updated 35 months ago

Driving job - 7 Replies

i am blind in one eye but still see well and i have cdl but can only drive in florida. Where can i get a job?

Updated 35 months ago

Cattle Haul/ Livestock - 4 Replies

Would anyone have any info on cattle/Livestock hauling companies? No experience, but willing to learn...

nickytbp in Farnham, United Kingdom

drivinguk.net

Has anyone heard of drivinguk.net and what are their impressions? Their website all seems too good to be true to me.

Updated 35 months ago

DAC REPORT - 1 Reply

After 3 years when stuff on your report falls off are you rehireable. I've got 4 preventable on my dac I cant catch a break.

Updated 35 months ago

Cdl with tickets - 1 Reply

I am a cdl driver. I quit my job to go over the road with my husband. And I cant get a job. I have 1 speeding ticket and 1 running red light.in my...

Updated 35 months ago

bad doc report - 8 Replies

i got 2 yrs 2 mths driveing my frist year was hell got 4 preventales small ones but haveing hard time finding work my mvp is clean so is all my drugs...

Updated 35 months ago

is it worth all the bs - 3 Replies

all i read is negative crap about truck driving and im considering going to school for my cdl.does it suck that bad.are there any companies out there...

Darryl in Jonesboro, Georgia

Updated 36 months ago

failed drug test for trucking company in 2004 - 95 Replies

my husband failed a drug test in 2004 for marijuana at a company he drove for. he has been driving for small companies ever since. now he is trying...

Crimzon in Phoenix, Arizona

Any Trucking Companies Willing to hire via bad dac?

My dac has 4 incidents on it... no real "accidents" however every time I get a phone call it always ends up later on becoming a "we have more...

Karl Doffing in Faribault, Minnesota

Updated 37 months ago

grain hauler - 10 Replies

I was wondering if anyone knows of any grain hauling companys -- following the harvest -- that needs any drivers ?? I am a retired trucker -- 32...

gurprit in Leicester, United Kingdom

changing licence

i have gulf 32 ton trailer licence .i did work with your army kuwait to iraq.i have british army awared certificate.which they gave me for my good...

mark k in Wichita, Kansas

Updated 38 months ago

Hours of service past 16 hours - 1 Reply

A california warehouse/truck driver works over 16 hours in a warehouse. How long before he can drive again. Is he invoilation of the law.

cavanary in Greenville, Michigan

Updated 38 months ago

Driving accidents - 4 Replies

I am really tired of trying to find a company that is willin to take me on just cause I had a roll over. This was over 3 yrs ago. I feel black balled...

gunskids in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

3 and 1/2 year old DUI. Any companies that will hire me?

Hello, I was looking for any possible truck driving jobs, for someone with a 3 and 1/2 year old DUI. I live in Pennsylvania, and I have a Class A...

jmb23 in Riverside, California

Updated 38 months ago

preventable accident or not? - 2 Replies

I had a lane change accident with a person who had no drivers license and I received no tickett because of that fact. Would the company be correct...

joe in West Islip, New York

Updated 38 months ago

Local Regional jobs out of Detroit - 9 Replies

I was was wondering how hard would it be to get a local or regional job out of Detroit after i get my 1 year in otr with another company.Im willing...

TorrenceRayfield in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 38 months ago

Tired of Insurance companies dictating who we can hire - 2 Replies

We understand how hard it is for a newbie truck driver to find a job. We also know that everyone wants the paycheck at the end of the week, but not...

Abe in Fairburn, Georgia

Updated 39 months ago

Will someone hire me Over The Road At entree level. - 6 Replies

Im a some what recent grad from Netts in Somers. My M.V.R. seaky clean.I retired from protective services 15 years in April 2008.No criminal...

j. smith in Easton, Pennsylvania

Updated 39 months ago

16 Hr. Rule - 3 Replies

Can someone tell me about the 16 Hr. of driving rule and how can I use this 1 time rule or where I can learn more info. on it? Thanks.

renae in Atlanta, Georgia

i have 3 tickets can't find job

Hi I am a driver for three years now.but the problems is. That I have recent tickets in Feb.2011.1 speeding ticket. 1running red light.and a moving...

Les Johnston in Covington, Georgia

Updated 39 months ago

NEED COMMENT GOT BAD D.A.C WHICH SHOULD NOT BE ON THERE - 2 Replies

I WAS DRIVING FOR A COMPANY THAT SAID I QUIT UNDER DISPATCH WHICH IS A IIE NEEDING A JOB IN A BAD WAY DOES ANYONE KNOW A COMPANY THAT WILL TALK TO ME...

jdmorg0313@yahoo.com in Elmira, New York

Updated 39 months ago

10-Year Old Commercial DUI/DWI Question - 1 Reply

I have a relative in California who received a DUI in his commercial carrier 10 years ago. Questions: 1) If he gets his CDL reinstated, what are...

Rich in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Suspended License

Last year around this time, my license was suspended for 3 months for driving with suspended registration on my personal vehicle along with 6 points....

Anny Ononmus in Ardmore, Oklahoma

Log Books, Safety Issues, Wage Concerns

I have a few questions regarding a few various topics. First, the backstory: The company in question is a small family owned business in a small...

reggie06 in Gainesville, Virginia

Updated 40 months ago

Pencil pusher hates desk job, wants to be OTR trucker... - 1 Reply

I graduated with a bachelors from Brown University in 2006, then spent 5 years in the corporate world (sitting in front of a computer in a cube). I...

Karl in Roseville, Michigan

looking for an o/o to apprentice

I’m considering a career in trucking, my uncle did very well being an o/o. he’s past now so I can’t ask him but I am looking for an o/o to...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.