1 yrs OTR Driver/Terminated/Cant find a CDL A job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Marty in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

I was terminated for borrowing my company's car/fell asleep/returned the next day. THE COMPANY'S APPEAL PROCESS HAS WORN ME OUT. I have NO DUIs,accs,drugs,2tix,hazmat and CANNOT FIND A JOB DRIVING A RIG. I recently found a driving job that is DOT regulated but am desperately seeking a CDL A REGIONAL/LOCAL JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Slidell, Louisiana

63 months ago

I don't know if this helps, but I put together a list of companies on my website, maybe you could look through them and see if one's willing to hire you?

It's here:
truck-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/05/trucking-companies-that-hire-students.html

Hope This Helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

george in Raymore, Missouri

47 months ago

Terminated 2 years ago for possitive UA for pot. Just back from vacation. Cant find anyone to give me a chance. Clean MVR. No previous drug or alcohol related history. Need work. Will work under any conditions to repair my credibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zachary Williams in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

I was working for CR England last year. Did four months of training then lease my truck. Signed a six month lease. Before signing the lease i hired on a second seat driver. All was well except after 5 months. My second seat was having some driving issues, and they terminated me due to unsafe driving about 5 days before my lease was completed. Finding it hard to find work due to this incident. Im literrally dying to get back out there on the road.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eallogg@aol.com in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

39 months ago

Need a partner for team driveing OTR, must live in South Florida and have at least 2 years expereince NO Felonys. eallogg@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SAME HERE in Appleton, Wisconsin

36 months ago

The Problem for all of us is the HireRite company. They give trucking companies what is called the D.A.C report. This report alerts all trucking companies of any incidents that caused a termination. I recomend getting a free copy to see what these companies are saying about you. You can get ONE free copy on the HireRite web site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

HeatherH in Turlock, California

21 months ago

I graduated Western Pacific Truck School and got my CDl a month ago and can not find a job.I had a suspended license for 6 months prior to going to school for not paying a ticket I got for smoking in the car with a minor.That suspended license is the reason I cant work.Does anyone know of any companies this might not be a problem with? Thank You, HeatherH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kandfexpress@gmail.com in Saint Louis, Missouri

20 months ago

Marty in Chicago, Illinois said: I was terminated for borrowing my company's car/fell asleep/returned the next day. THE COMPANY'S APPEAL PROCESS HAS WORN ME OUT. I have NO DUIs,accs,drugs,2tix,hazmat and CANNOT FIND A JOB DRIVING A RIG. I recently found a driving job that is DOT regulated but am desperately seeking a CDL A REGIONAL/LOCAL JOB

where are you located?

longhauler in Columbia, Missouri

16 months ago

There are company that don't use DAC for example. smaller company would be best Laser transport out of Columbia Missouri. needs 2 drivers and they don't use DAC if you have 2 years and all you have is a bad DAC. give them a call

Truckload Gurus in Gainesville, Florida

16 months ago

I handle logistics for three family-owned trucking companies in the Southeast with Lease to Own truck programs, as well as lease programs if you already own equipment. If anyone is looking for a new home and you have at least one year OR experience with a CDL class A and a clean MVR with 3 or less points, please send me an E-mail: mytruckdispatch@att.net.

Travis in Dover, Delaware

13 months ago

Im looking for a company that hires drivers. That have been fired for safety termination. I believe its on my dac report. I understand their are companies out their I just haven't found it. I have 6 months exp and got my lic in nov. Please help me if you can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trans American in Glendale, Arizona

13 months ago

Wanted >> CDL Truck Drivers << (OTR)

Small Trucking company in Arizona, we are looking for a good Truck Driver, CDL class A with some OTR experience.

please send us your resume by email odomocos@gmail.com someone will contact you ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ontime fly in Morrow, Georgia

7 months ago

if you need a job and no other company will hire you please call us and we can help you!

four zero four four six two six two five eight

Zuludin in Chicago, Illinois

7 months ago

Zachary Williams in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was working for CR England last year. Did four months of training then lease my truck. Signed a six month lease. Before signing the lease i hired on a second seat driver . All was well except after 5 months. My second seat was having some driving issues, and they terminated me due to unsafe driving about 5 days before my lease was completed. Finding it hard to find work due to this incident. Im literrally dying to get back out there on the road.

Are you still looking for a job? If you are, please, contact me! I can help you!

Zuludin in Chicago, Illinois

7 months ago

Travis in Dover, Delaware said: Im looking for a company that hires drivers . That have been fired for safety termination. I believe its on my dac report. I understand their are companies out their I just haven't found it. I have 6 months exp and got my lic in nov. Please help me if you can.

Hey Travis! Are you still looking for a company? Do you have a CDL and HAZMAT? Contact me at zuludin01@gmail.com. Maybe I can help you.

preety in Springfield, Ohio

1 month ago

Zachary Williams in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was working for CR England last year. Did four months of training then lease my truck. Signed a six month lease. Before signing the lease i hired on a second seat driver . All was well except after 5 months. My second seat was having some driving issues, and they terminated me due to unsafe driving about 5 days before my lease was completed. Finding it hard to find work due to this incident. Im literrally dying to get back out there on the road.

Hello Zachary. We owner operator co. looking for an otr truck driver. We are based in easton,pa. Please reply at highlinefreight@mail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.