2 year old DUI, Will anyone hire me? New to the industry.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 852)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

guitarplayer.2hot in Sandwich, Illinois

73 months ago

I have a 2 year old DUI. Is there any .that will do company training and then hire me as a team driver? My fiance has a CDL but will also need training for team driving. We are relocating to SW Missouri. The DUI happened in my personal vehicle and there was no fine, 2years probation, completed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (370) / No (68) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Bhatt

73 months ago

Some companies may hire you but most of your larger companies will not touch you till your DUI is at least 3 years old. There are a lot of realy good smaller companies out there though that look at you as an individual and base their hiring decisions based on who you are rather than on your driving record. It kind of depends on what their insurance will and will not allow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (174) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

reginald dailey in Mobile, Alabama

70 months ago

call me back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Feduptohere! in Morristown, Tennessee

70 months ago

I had a DUI that will be 2 years old in Jan. I'm having the same problem. Why pay all that money it takes to get back all your endorsements and the rip off HAZMAT fees if you can't even get a freaking job. If I had known this I would have just let my CDL's go. This is BULLS*%#! A lot of people make mistakes and deserve a chance to start over. Mine happened in a car, never while I was on the job in a Tractor/ Trailer. I'm not condoning it either way, it's wrong and I've learned my lesson but what are us unfortunate drivers to do for the next 3 to 5 years. I'm losing everything now as it is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Dayton, Ohio

68 months ago

I had a DWI in San Diego, CA. in May of 2004 and I would like to persue a career in the Truck Driving Industry but am unable to find a company to take me on. I know that pretty much the minimum requirement is the 5yr. waiting process and I am looking to find a company that will take me on sooner. I only have about six months left until I am eligable to apply to a driving company. Does anyone know of a company or companies that will accept a driving student with a DWI under the 5yr. mark?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (209) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

crazyrussian

68 months ago

Rick in Dayton, Ohio said: I had a DWI in San Diego, CA. in May of 2004 and I would like to persue a career in the Truck Driving Industry but am unable to find a company to take me on. I know that pretty much the minimum requirement is the 5yr. waiting process and I am looking to find a company that will take me on sooner. I only have about six months left until I am eligable to apply to a driving company. Does anyone know of a company or companies that will accept a driving student with a DWI under the 5yr. mark?

Hey Rick..I have exactly the same situation, but only in reverse!!!!!It's almost funny....My DUI was in May 2004 in Cincinnati...I tried everything, believe me..EVERYTHING!!! and the only thing I can say is to wait 'till 5 years are passed.

I am in need of a "second chance". I recently got my class A in CA and have only 6 months OTR. I have clean MVR and no felonies, but I do have a DUI out of Ohio about 4.5 years ago. I am still suspended in OH because I neve not completed their AA programm. I've been looking for a trucking job for 4 months to drive 11 Western (bacause that thing in OH...) applied with all..I think...trucking companies online, but only few called back to confirm on DUI date and said to wait 'till it will be 5 years old. The only co. that wants to hire me is JB HUNT! I heard a lot of bad obout them, but need job badly , for next six months so I would be able to apply for all those companies again. Anyone can give me advice on what else can I do..? Keep on truckin'...!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jimkennedy in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

Feduptohere! in Morristown, Tennessee said: I had a DUI that will be 2 years old in Jan. I'm having the same problem. Why pay all that money it takes to get back all your endorsements and the rip off HAZMAT fees if you can't even get a freaking job. If I had known this I would have just let my CDL's go. This is BULLS*%#! A lot of people make mistakes and deserve a chance to start over. Mine happened in a car, never while I was on the job in a Tractor/ Trailer. I'm not condoning it either way, it's wrong and I've learned my lesson but what are us unfortunate drivers to do for the next 3 to 5 years. I'm losing everything now as it is?

Have you had any luck finding a job? I am in the same situation. jim.ganco@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

transman in Council Bluffs, Iowa

68 months ago

Well I guess I am not alone. I too did a stupid thing on 11/03/2003 and got my first and last O.W.I. in my private car. It's suicide for a commercial driver to do. First thing I learned was, that it's not so much the trucking Co. that won't hire you it's their ^$#$%#@#$% Insurance Carrier. I have received many responses from Trucking Company that was interested in hiring me but their Carrier said NO!
Second thing I learned was the insurance Carriers for Trucking co. are likely to qualify you after 2 or 3 years "If" you are applying for a local Straight truck position. I have been working for 3 different Construction Co. since 04/2005. Driving Dump Trucks it's better than no job at all. Also some Insurance Carriers don't go back to the day of the offense of D.U.I. / O.W.I. but rather the conviction date. Thats been my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Fester McGuu

68 months ago

I got 4 DUI's in my life..... The last one was 96'

Any comments?

Will I be driving a Truck??

CDL school completed in Feb...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

transman in Omaha, Nebraska

68 months ago

Fester McGuu said: I got 4 DUI's in my life..... The last one was 96'

Any comments?

Will I be driving a Truck??

CDL school completed in Feb...

Hey Fester, Check with your local D.M.V. and get your Extraction. After 10 years your D.U.I. all 4 should be deleted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Fester McGuu

68 months ago

That's a great Idea....Do you work for Trans Am?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Fester McGuu said: That's a great Idea....Do you work for Trans Am?

Sorry Fester, No I don't. I go by the name transman because thats my handle on the C.B. referring to a Pontiac Trans AM I bought new in 79. Recently I worked 8 months for a Grain Hauling Company pulling 43ft.&45ft. hopper trailers and another driver that worked there had 5 prior D.U.I. and he also completed a driving school so I'm assuming his were over 10 years ago. So, if it,s been 10 ago it better be off your M.V.R. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

justin c in Wichita, Kansas

68 months ago

how do you go about to find some of these smaller companies that will hire you,all I have is a open container on my record but it seems it is just as bad as a dui ^&%$!$ INSURANCE COMPANIES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Hey, Fester Mcguu are you still out there? I was wondering how your job search is going. Were you able to get a copy of your M.V.R. (Abstract) If you did I hope it was favorable for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I would like to go to work for jb hunt but need 90 otr,am a rescent grad with 2 year old open container,any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Erie, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

i have a dui thats gonna be 3 years old in may, ive got a little over a year of OTR and Local Experience with van, reefer, and flatbed...larger companies dont seem to want anything to do with me...which doesnt bother me because i prefer smaller companies...anyone know of anyone around my area thats willing to hire me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fester McGuu

67 months ago

No, I did not do an abstract yet...enjoying the family.

What is a SAP evaluation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Fester McGuu

67 months ago

I hate to bother you guy's/gal's on Christmas Eve....But, If my abstract is clean?..Is there a possability...THE DUI's don't exsist anymore?

sorry,...Have A Great Christmas !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

drivers in kansas beware!I was going to try to have an open container charge exponged from my record from a site i found on the internet for 200 bucks.I consulted with a lawyer first in kansas you still have to wait 3 years reguardless.The internet site told me that I was qualified for expongement so becareful before throwing any more money away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

I've had a DUI on my MVR from 2000, with a conviction date of 2002 which is the date that matters. DUI's aren't the end of the world, but they do make it rough. In my experience I have found that if you have a clean MVR and 5 years from date of conviction on the DUI there are many opportunities out there. Try etruckerdriverjobs.com. They have an extensive list of trucking companies that state whether they accept DUI's and the length of time required between conviction date and application. You'll find that as the time required gets shorter so does the quality of the job. For example a driver for Starving Students needs only 6 mos since DUI but that is one sleezy outfit. On the other hand, many of the larger companies are self-insured and so it is a matter of how well you present yourself. JB Hunt would be an excellent job to build a foundation and credibility; your next job will be infinitely easier to get when you can say that you are currently driving. Plus, JB Hunt isn't so bad, just very regimented. I've been driving 15 yrs and am considering going to work for them myself. The important thing is that they run legal and with a DUI we really don't need to be working for a company with no regard for hours of service leaving a driver subject to being cited and complicating our lives. One last note; having a charge expunged generally does not result in it's expungement from your MVR, it is expunged from your criminal record. It would seem only right that DMV would honor it but they often operate as if they are a law unto themselves. That may vary from state to state---but check it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Transman in Council Bluffs, Iowa

67 months ago

Thanks Dinosaur, for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

from what i've heard too your s.o.l. I would like to know where some of these smaller fleet companies are at that will hire you if you have a less than great record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri O in Citrus Heights, California

67 months ago

justin c in Wichita, Kansas said: from what i've heard too your s.o.l. I would like to know where some of these smaller fleet companies are at that will hire you if you have a less than great record.

These days with the economy the way it is, companies large or small can be choosey when it comes to hiring employees. They will pick someone with a perfect driving record and no criminal history over someone that does. I graduate from trucking school on the 9th of Janurary. The school never told me finding a job will be difficult upon completion so now I will have a hefty bill to pay for that training. I had no choice but to apply to the local garbage company. I got the job when I graduate and it will pay the bills for now until the economy picks back up and the trucking industry will consider hiring such as myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

Sheri O in Citrus Heights, California said: These days with the economy the way it is, companies large or small can be choosey when it comes to hiring employees. They will pick someone with a perfect driving record and no criminal history over someone that does. I graduate from trucking school on the 9th of Janurary. The school never told me finding a job will be difficult upon completion so now I will have a hefty bill to pay for that training. I had no choice but to apply to the local garbage company. I got the job when I graduate and it will pay the bills for now until the economy picks back up and the trucking industry will consider hiring such as myself.

Sheri

You are doing EXACTLY what you need to do and the vast majority of drivers posting really need to follow your example instead of crying about nobody will hire me. You new drivers need to understand that it was tough for ALL OF US! Put yourself in the position of the employer. You are asking him to put you in his $200,000+ rig (including trailer), hauling several hundred thousand dollars of cargo. WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN A FEW WEEKS OF TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL! You'll be out there at the wheel of a 65,000 lb. truck without a clue. No mountain experience, no snow experience, just no experience. That's a lot to ask when the next guy in the door has 5, 10, 15 yrs experience. So what do you do? You do what Sheri did. Apply to a garbage company. You apply for the job no other truck driver with experience wants. It's called "paying your dues". I hauled containers in a 15 yr. old cabover freightliner. I'm telling you it was a real piece of junk and the pay was just as crappy. But you stick with it and I guarantee you that in 6 mos. to a year your next job will be sooooo much easier to get and the pay far better. In 18 mos to 2 yrs. they'll be coming to you. But you gotta pay those dues!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri O in Sacramento, California

67 months ago

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California said: Sheri

You are doing EXACTLY what you need to do and the vast majority of drivers posting really need to follow your example instead of crying about nobody will hire me. You new drivers need to understand that it was tough for ALL OF US! Put yourself in the position of the employer. You are asking him to put you in his $200,000+ rig (including trailer), hauling several hundred thousand dollars of cargo. WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN A FEW WEEKS OF TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL! You'll be out there at the wheel of a 65,000 lb. truck without a clue. No mountain experience, no snow experience, just no experience. That's a lot to ask when the next guy in the door has 5, 10, 15 yrs experience. So what do you do? You do what Sheri did. Apply to a garbage company. You apply for the job no other truck driver with experience wants. It's called "paying your dues". I hauled containers in a 15 yr. old cabover freightliner. I'm telling you it was a real piece of junk and the pay was just as crappy. But you stick with it and I guarantee you that in 6 mos. to a year your next job will be sooooo much easier to get and the pay far better. In 18 mos to 2 yrs. they'll be coming to you. But you gotta pay those dues!!!!

Thank you for the support. Everyone starts at the bottom regardless the job. Good luck to you and the future truckers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DONNELL BROWN in Tifton, Georgia

66 months ago

justin c in Wichita, Kansas said: how do you go about to find some of these smaller companies that will hire you,all I have is a open container on my record but it seems it is just as bad as a dui ^&%$!$ INSURANCE COMPANIES

I AM IN THE SAME BOAT I GOT PULL OVER FOR AN OPEN CONTAINER 2YRS AGO AND I TELL YOU I CAN'T EVEN GET A TRUCKING JOB NO WHERE. AND I WASN'T DRUNK OR ANYTHING IT WS JUST AND OPEN CONTAINER IN MY OWN PERSONAL CAR. I WAS OFF THAT DAY.BOY I TELL YOU. THEY MAKE IT SEEM LIKE YOU DONE COMMITTED THE BADEST CRIME EVER.MOST COMPANIES WRITE ME BACK AND TELL ME IT GOT TO BE AT LEAST 5YRS OLD AND THATS THE ONLY TICKET I HAVE EVER GOT. I AM A GOOD DRIVER. BUT SEEMS LIKE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND US GOOD DRIVERS.AND I THINK EVERYBODY DESRVES 2ND CHANCES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alex 76 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

hello
i got a question cdl class a
i was convicted of a felony six years ago can i still get a job ?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

alex 76 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

i mean driving

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alex76 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Thanks am going to call now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scrappy in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

66 months ago

i got a dui on an atv,two years ago. i was a truckdriver for 13 years with no accidents.will anyone hire me in this situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Commercial License Losers in Edgewater, Maryland

66 months ago

transman in Council Bluffs, Iowa said: Well I guess I am not alone. I too did a stupid thing on 11/03/2003 and got my first and last O.W.I. in my private car. It's suicide for a commercial driver to do. First thing I learned was, that it's not so much the trucking Co. that won't hire you it's their ^$#$%#@#$% Insurance Carrier. I have received many responses from Trucking Company that was interested in hiring me but their Carrier said NO!
Second thing I learned was the insurance Carriers for Trucking co. are likely to qualify you after 2 or 3 years "If" you are applying for a local Straight truck position. I have been working for 3 different Construction Co. since 04/2005. Driving Dump Trucks it's better than no job at all. Also some Insurance Carriers don't go back to the day of the offense of D.U.I. / O.W.I. but rather the conviction date. Thats been my experience.

A friend who was driving his personal vehicle or personal time was pulled over and received a DUI. What I need to know is ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THIS LAW. Why does a person who have a CDL license lose it when a doctor can get one but can continue driving. We need to fight this. I UNDERSTAND if I was driving a commercial vehicle then they have every right but to ruin someone's career when not on the clock is an outcry for US to DO SOMETHING ABOUT - IS THERE ANYONE WHO WILL BACK ME UP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alex in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

It's sat how they judge people for one mistake and way like you say mix a license for work with a personal sorry for my English

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

justinc in Wichita, Kansas

66 months ago

this is how deep the problem runs for me i lost my woman because of this b.s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alex in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Sorry but don't stop and good look

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DONNELL BROWN in Tifton, Georgia

66 months ago

THAT'S BAD JUST KEEP YOU HEAD UP AND KEEP THE FAITH IN GOD THAT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT FOR THE GOOD.IT LOOK LIKE I AM JUST GONE HAVE TO LEASE ME A TRUCK UNTIL THIS MESS CLEARS OR SOMETHING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Long Time Coming.. in Lanham, Maryland

66 months ago

I failed a pre employment drug sreen five years ago next week. I completed my sap class three years ago. I havent been in Tractor since anynone no any companies that would possibly pick me up? JB Hunt put it on my Dac and would hire now five years ha s past need 3 mos. experience any suggestions??

Long Time Coming...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Kansas City, Missouri

66 months ago

What will happen if a professional driver drive over 11 hours more time??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

judtrogers

65 months ago

I was charged with a dui for driving with marijuana, I knew I was busted, I'm a professional driver,I did nothing wrong to get pulled over so I wasn't expecting to get pulled over as I pulled into my mother inlaw driveway, A State patrol hit his blue light I barely saw it before he was on my bumper in the drive way, I had smoked some you could smell it I was in my dodge ram truck, not working,I no I was wrong I'm glad I got it so I would stop,ended up he stopped me to check my window tint it was legal months earlier when I bought the truck and had the front windows to match the back but they'd just changed the law he was in my window so fast I couldn't do anything but say oh no! ya know,I had two more joints in my pocket I was crazy.
he checked my windows as he smelled the weed he took a deep smell, Then he was high,I went to the hos drew blood went to jail it took a
year in court to get it,that's a whole extra year.He'd went to war, and no blood or video of sobr or nothing they couldn't give me the dui but I got it any so I wouldn't get posession charge,pd lawyer local in with em, I did every thing its been 4 years what are my chances no one will touch me but Im glad I got it!and I've realized you make more $$ working for yourself, but I can't do nothing.any advice.my alternative job is housing and it's under I'm broke.6ooo on
trucking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

scrappy in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

64 months ago

Commercial License Losers in Edgewater, Maryland said: A friend who was driving his personal vehicle or personal time was pulled over and received a DUI. What I need to know is ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THIS LAW. Why does a person who have a CDL license lose it when a doctor can get one but can continue driving. We need to fight this. I UNDERSTAND if I was driving a commercial vehicle then they have every right but to ruin someone's career when not on the clock is an outcry for US to DO SOMETHING ABOUT - IS THERE ANYONE WHO WILL BACK ME UP?

the biggest problem is the big trucking industries insurance companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

smithboy30 in Seaford, Delaware

64 months ago

Trust you me it is the insurance companies that will not let these companies hire you with a recent DUI. I went to apply for a local trash company and my DUI wasn't quite 3yrs and they told me the insurance wouldn't allow it. I still have a year and 2 monthes before my 5 years are up and I can't wait. I am a student driver paid a lot of money to graduate truck driving school and haven't had chance to use my CDL yet, that I had for just over a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladyshadowrider in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

smithboy30 in Seaford, Delaware said: Trust you me it is the insurance companies that will not let these companies hire you with a recent DUI. I went to apply for a local trash company and my DUI wasn't quite 3yrs and they told me the insurance wouldn't allow it. I still have a year and 2 monthes before my 5 years are up and I can't wait. I am a student driver paid a lot of money to graduate truck driving school and haven't had chance to use my CDL yet, that I had for just over a year.

thank you for the reply. I have worked with small companies in my area but never enough miles or pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cmikell in Conyers, Georgia

64 months ago

DONNELL BROWN in Tifton, Georgia said: THAT'S BAD JUST KEEP YOU HEAD UP AND KEEP THE FAITH IN GOD THAT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT FOR THE GOOD.IT LOOK LIKE I AM JUST GONE HAVE TO LEASE ME A TRUCK UNTIL THIS MESS CLEARS OR SOMETHING

Hi Donnell my name is Mikell from Conyers,Ga What companies are leasing own drivers that have an open container i hope everything is well bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

grunmn in Wasilla, Alaska

64 months ago

I got a dui dec 06 and I recently got a cdl.I ahve awlways had driving jobs at the airport or various warehouse jobs so I got a cdl to clean my record up too. I have been hoping that it was all cleared off or something. Recently got hired MVR came back and they were just told me theyd send a packet int he mail explaining why they couldnt move forward in the hiring process. She seems sympathetic. Its like I haven't have an actual ticket since I was like 20, I'm 24 now. I got a DUI because I was sleeping out in my car in the bar garage. I couldn't get a ride home and I didn't want to leave my truck there in the area. Also there I had to go to work. Anways I fell asleep in tbe passenger seat after 2-3hours I got cold went to the driver side without thinking started my truck and went back to bed like a hour later a knock woke me up and I the shenanigans began. I knew it was a dui, but I didn't think theyd actually arrest me because I was being responinsible. It just sucks that going to sleep has totally f my driving record up and with all the fees and sh** I already paid. Man it's a money maker DUI laws need to change or have some transparency

So it's 3 years and then I may be able to get work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jcawthon in Neodesha, Kansas

64 months ago

why you lookin for somebody ya queer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

crash1966 in Portland, Oregon

64 months ago

guitarplayer.2hot in Sandwich, Illinois said: I have a 2 year old DUI. Is there any .that will do company training and then hire me as a team driver? My fiance has a CDL but will also need training for team driving. We are relocating to SW Missouri. The DUI happened in my personal vehicle and there was no fine, 2years probation, completed.

i have a dui thats 2yrs old now and im tring to find a job driving trucks again if u or any one knows of a co. that will hire me plz send me an Email at crash1966@comcast.net thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Sacramento, California

64 months ago

ladyshadowrider in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I was convicted of a dui in march of 2006. But I have a clean MVR. It only shows on my background check. Does anyone know of a company that will hire me now?[/QUOTE
I was convicted of a DUI wile driving a commercial truck in California a year ago.it was 3 points to my DVM record and waited the year and just got my class a back 3 weeks ago.the first day i went to a company that hauls chemical fertilizers and tomatoes grapes etc they gave me a driving test and hired me the same day. so yes you can get a job try the local agricultural trucking company's their insurance and hours of service etc is different from other trucking companies. there fertilizer season is starting now and it goes right into hulling the harvest about 7 months of work for you.good luck hope this helps some of you that are in the same situation that i am to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in Sacramento, California

64 months ago

I was convicted of a DUI wile driving a commercial truck in California a year ago.it was 3 points to my DVM record and waited the year and just got my class a back 3 weeks ago.the first day i went to a company that hauls chemical fertilizers and tomatoes grapes etc they gave me a driving test and hired me the same day. so yes you can get a job try the local agricultural trucking company's their insurance and hours of service etc is different from other trucking companies. there fertilizer season is starting now and it goes right into hulling the harvest about 7 months of work for you.good luck hope this helps some of you that are in the same situation that i am to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Can anyone tell me what a DAC report is? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Hugo, Oklahoma

63 months ago

scrappy in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: the biggest problem is the big trucking industries insurance companies.

i will back you up we are pro drivers and where not held to the same standards as ever one else we cant fault the insurance companies im knew to this sight and just got my cdl and a lot of companies will start hiring in the summer when freight picks up also try rock hauling and oil field but dont give arong july u all will be working

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Rick in Kansas City, Missouri said: What will happen if a professional driver drive over 11 hours more time??

Hey Rick! Go to www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/truck/driver/hos/hos-faqs.asp
Or www.Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.com It's helping me with some of my Questions. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.