Black Ball List

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Steve M.

65 months ago

I have past exp. as an Owner/Operator, but never drove. I had people working for me in the Mid 1970's. Also have 15 years as a School Bus Driver with airbrakes.

I've been out of SAGE Truck Driving School for about 1 year and possess a CDL A, with Haz/S/P endorsements. No violations and a clean bill of health.

In 2006, I was driving for a school bus outfit and was terminated for starting a Union with the ATU.

Since then, I have been unable to find any kind of driving job. Even with the CDL A. I am 59 and in need of a job, ASAP! I am a good driver but need practise behind the wheel but no company will give it to me. Can anyone HELP?

Also, is there a list I may be on, in case I was Black Balled by the Bus company.

I'm starving!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bigearl66 in Lansing, Illinois

36 months ago

I WOULD CHECK YOUR DAC REPORT AND SEE WHATS ON IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

34 months ago

Ya what bigbear says.You can get your dac free.Don't exactly know where online but if you google it,i'm sure you'll find somethig.Truckers get obtain a dac once a yr for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

matthewgrimes in Oceanside, California

28 months ago

Steve M. said: I have past exp. as an Owner/Operator, but never drove. I had people working for me in the Mid 1970's. Also have 15 years as a School Bus Driver with airbrakes.

I've been out of SAGE Truck Driving School for about 1 year and possess a CDL A, with Haz/S/P endorsements. No violations and a clean bill of health .

In 2006, I was driving for a school bus outfit and was terminated for starting a Union with the ATU.

Since then, I have been unable to find any kind of driving job. Even with the CDL A. I am 59 and in need of a job, ASAP! I am a good driver but need practise behind the wheel but no company will give it to me. Can anyone HELP?

Also, is there a list I may be on, in case I was Black Balled by the Bus company.

I'm starving!

i would love to help u drop me a email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rodney in Fort Smith, Arkansas

25 months ago

There is not a Black Ball list. From the little information provided the biggest issue is your lack of OTR (Over The Road driving experience) I hope that you are not putting Owner/Operator experience on your applications. You were the owner not the operator. However, experience in the 70's would not matter any way.

Have you contacted truck companies that provide training? That is your best bet for a fresh start. Truck companies are at the mercy of Insurance companies and Lawyers and cannot hire drivers without any experience. I also will be honest, your age does not help either. It's illegal to discriminate based on age, but it does happen.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Rodney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mp in Houston, Texas

20 months ago

Steve M. said: I have past exp. as an Owner/Operator, but never drove. I had people working for me in the Mid 1970's. Also have 15 years as a School Bus Driver with airbrakes.

I've been out of SAGE Truck Driving School for about 1 year and possess a CDL A, with Haz/S/P endorsements. No violations and a clean bill of health .

I'm starving!

My has had the same issue lately. We concluded that it was a little bit of age discrimination. Thankfully he has now found employment through a friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.