Can I become a truck driver with 2 dui's on record?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

find a new career...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Driver Dan in Lincoln, California

18 months ago

Robert Renny in Port Clinton, Ohio said: Here is the REAL problem in a nut shell...

You have not acted like a professional driver in the past, and your past is all you have to show your abilities and how you will act behind the wheel in the future.

Lets say you go to school and you spend $5000.00 to get a CDL Class A. Then you apply to a hundred companies (Not exaggerating) and you do not even get a single call; Do you have $5000.00 to throw away?

Driving schools will pull your driving record for the past 3 years. In addition you are required to disclose to them what you have been convicted of. Remember, the school wants your money so they WILL tell you "No problem" (Have seen it many times - S-A-D.)

Next, recruiters get paid on how many people they send to orientation. So you go spend 3-5 days there (Unpaid), all with NO PROMISE OF A JOB. The company THEN learns about your history and send you home after orientation with a "We'll call you when we have a truck for you." They never call; Again, do you have $5000.00 to throw away?

This is what I have seen, heard, and read. Believe it, it WILL HAPPEN TO YOU TOO.

In a nut shell, don't listen to this guy, he is very pessimistic.

Just because you have a dui or two from years and years ago, does not mean you are a bad driver. In fact, if your DUI is over 10 years old it wont even show up on your H6 employment driving record.

Also, any good school will guarantee a job upon graduation, so no, you are not "throwing away $5,000". Additionally, companies like CR England will train you themselves as long as you sign into employment a contract with them.

The rest of what he is saying, ignore, he is just a negative person. Hit the 10 year mark on your DUIs and your good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bobby in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

17 months ago

i thank truck com have to many guy on the road that cant drive very good so now real drivers are paying the price

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CORNEL CLARKE in Miami, Florida

14 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: find a new career...

CHECK OUT METROLOGICLLC.COM THEY HIRED ME AND MY DUI WAS UNDER 5 YEARS,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Delray Beach, Florida

10 months ago

I got my 1st DWI in NY June 2005. My 2nd DUI in FL May 2010. Both while operating personal autos. Will I ever get CDL reinstated and will NY drop DWI after 10 years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CORNEL CLARKE in Miami, Florida

10 months ago

I GOT ONE FIVE YEARS AND MY LUCK HAS BEEN NO GOOD TRYING TO FIND A JOB, IT'S NOT THE COMPANIES IT'S THERE INSURANCE SO IF THEY CAN'T INSURE YOU THERE NOT GONNA HIRE YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.