Can't Get Hired

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1202)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio

91 months ago

I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction. Is there a company that would consider me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (185) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Eagle Pass, Texas

90 months ago

Your not alone, I have 42 months driving a big truck, I got a licence suspension for refusing to take a breathalizer,i refused because i was not driving i was in my truck listening to the radio with my girlfriend,cop arrested me . In court the judge agreed with me and told the cop that the worst he should have charged me with was P.I. the judge dismissed my charge but according to texas law refusal is an automatic suspension and gets put in your record. I am no longer hireable as a truckdriver for at least 3 years! Hope you have better luck buddy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

faith

87 months ago

cannon freight in Warren, Michigan said: call 18005515551

Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

keith in Long Beach, California

87 months ago

I know what you talking about,I'm graduated from driving school in september and I find no companie here in California.I had a DUI 4 years agao and I have 3 tickets the last 3 years but never an accident.I send resumes,send ads and always no reply.I also have doubles/triples,hazmat,tanker and I can say I'M a good driver and hard worker.Don/t mind go OTR,TEAM or Companie driver,I will take all.But nobody have an idea how to get a job.

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction. Is there a company that would consider me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Stockton, California

86 months ago

Yeah I'm feeling all your pain fellow EX-drivers... Quite frankly I feel the D.U.I. laws are bullshiznit all the way around. They say they are trying to keep the streets safe and I now know that is total bull. If a cop can give a person a D.U.I. because they made the choice NOT TO DRIVE HOME AND SLEEP IN THEIR CAR UNTIL SOBER! That proves to me that it's purely all about the money that GREEDY CALIFORNIA WANTS! THROW THE "THE KEYS WEREN'T IN THE IGNITION REASONING OUT THE WINDOW BECAUSE THAT NO-LONGER MATTERS" NOW THEY SAY "IF YOUR ANYWHERE ON OR ABOUT THE VEHICLE & HAVE BEEN DRINKING THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH AND IT WILL STAND IN COURT" It used to be that it would stay on your record for 7 years, if you get a D.U.I. today it stays on your driving record for 10 years. That's purely ridiculous and over kill, 7 years was already ridiculous. I got my D.U.I. 5 years ago and quite frankly let Truck driving go. I choose not to deal with the paying 5.00 at D.M.V to get a print out whenever I wanted to apply for a driving job and due to the D.U.I. I'll more than likely be told no anyway. I've tried to go back to warehouse work but with a D.U.I. some places tell me they can't put me on a forklift because of the D.U.I. Now that's just dumb, it's basically hard to get a job anywhere now. I've seen people get out of prison for violent crimes, murder, assault & battery, drive by shootings, and even rape. These criminals get jobs before a person with a D.U.I. what the hell is that about? There's seriously something wrong with that... I've got 2 more years to go until mine is gone and they can't come soon enough for me. My advice Ex-drivers, and I say EX because understand with a D.U.I. that's what you are unless you have your own rigg. Work toward another gig because more than likely your big riggin days are pretty much a wrap until it's off your record. Ask a company how old a D.U.I. has to be before you qualify to drive for them. They always say a year older than yours is. -GONE-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HIGHTECHREDNECK in Ranson, West Virginia

86 months ago

STAY AWAY FROM SCHNEIDER!!! NOT WORKING AT ALL IS BETTER THAN WORKING FOR THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LeRoy in Evington, Virginia

86 months ago

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction. Is there a company that would consider me?

Try this expunge your records of this see an attorney and it is costly but your loosing money if your not on the road and there is VASAP and other routes of cost and this will do you the best in future protection.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

roy in Valencia, California

86 months ago

I was a truck driver for 33 yrs over 3 million accident free miles a few minor tickets over the yrs got my first dui in my car in march of 06 nobody will hire me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff G in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

I agree, it's hard as hell to find a job in Trucking if you didn't follow their directions to the T. I have a class A which I got on my own so I have very little experience and I can not find a job driving a truck even though I have been driving tour buses since 1996. I am willing to drive otr, local or regional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

86 months ago

Jeff G in Denver, Colorado said: I agree, it's hard as hell to find a job in Trucking if you didn't follow their directions to the T. I have a class A which I got on my own so I have very little experience and I can not find a job driving a truck even though I have been driving tour buses since 1996. I am willing to drive otr, local or regional.

You probably will not find a local or regional, but there are certain trucking compaines that have their own school for training, you will have to sign a 1 year contract or something like that, and again, you have to have a completely clean record and background, nothing less will do. Local jobs can be hard to get, as there are already experianced drivers out there that also want to be local too.
if i could have found something else, I would have never went into
trucking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

86 months ago

Andrew in Stockton, California said: Yeah I'm feeling all your pain fellow EX-drivers... Quite frankly I feel the D.U.I. laws are bullshiznit all the way around. They say they are trying to keep the streets safe and I now know that is total bull. If a cop can give a person a D.U.I. because they made the choice NOT TO DRIVE HOME AND SLEEP IN THEIR CAR UNTIL SOBER! That proves to me that it's purely all about the money that GREEDY CALIFORNIA WANTS! THROW THE "THE KEYS WEREN'T IN THE IGNITION REASONING OUT THE WINDOW BECAUSE THAT NO-LONGER MATTERS" NOW THEY SAY "IF YOUR ANYWHERE ON OR ABOUT THE VEHICLE & HAVE BEEN DRINKING THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH AND IT WILL STAND IN COURT" It used to be that it would stay on your record for 7 years, if you get a D.U.I. today it stays on your driving record for 10 years. That's purely ridiculous and over kill, 7 years was already ridiculous. I got my D.U.I. 5 years ago and quite frankly let Truck driving go. I choose not to deal with the paying 5.00 at D.M.V to get a print out whenever I wanted to apply for a

When is the last time you went to your driving office and
read the rules and regs for D.U.I. - I really dont care
about the rest of the crap you are wining about, but
anyone drunk that even gets into the car is fairly dumb,
people are charged with this all the time, i cant believe
you never heard about this, you are not safe just because you
think its ok just to lay down in the car...and it doesnt
matter if someone owns their own rig, anyone with a DUI, their
employer will immediately FIRE them, and they will be stuck
with a big rig and no job.

People need stop being stupid, and think before you drink,
and not get near a vehicle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

larsen in Lincoln, Nebraska

86 months ago

Thank you! I don't like extrim race on the track. I told- my father WAS track racer.... I am looking the way to get my first CDL-A.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LeRoy Barksdale in Altavista, Virginia

86 months ago

I dont mind calls but at this time I am limited and I use it for trucking calls at this time. I dont mind answering any question you may have via emaim so Please email me at:
mountainboy24680@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LeRoy Barksdale in Altavista, Virginia

86 months ago

keith in Long Beach, California said: I know what you talking about,I'm graduated from driving school in september and I find no companie here in California.I had a DUI 4 years agao and I have 3 tickets the last 3 years but never an accident.I send resumes,send ads and always no reply.I also have doubles/triples,hazmat,tanker and I can say I'M a good driver and hard worker.Don/t mind go OTR,TEAM or Companie driver,I will take all.But nobody have an idea how to get a job.

Try to spend a little more money and check with an attorney to have your MVR "EXPUNGED" and so too the felonies I hope this helps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Edina, Minnesota

86 months ago

These are not minors we are talking about, I would think an atty is going to say, you have already had your day in court, he is not going to waste his time with this, if anyone wanted to beat whatever you are refering too, then they should have had top of the line atty's before entering the court room.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

micheal in Youngstown, Ohio

85 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: When is the last time you went to your driving office and

how about sittting on the trunk calling a cab? just because the car was in my girlfriends name and not my own i was charged with "control of a motor vech. under the influence in a parking lot! i even let the cop talk to the cab company! i still got charged! so before you start telling everryone out there that they are stupid because they drank why dont you try to figure out why your so critical of those of us who go to their kid brothers wedding reception and loose our entire life for 3-7 years tring to do the right thing and call a cab. doent really sound like he was winning it sounds to me like you were being .....well its an animal you usally play pin the tain on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

im 22 years old and i had a dui just about 2 years ago, (a few days after i turned 21, blew a .09) well, i got my cdl about 6 months ago and have been doing lots of yard work and a few local runs, i too am having trouble finding a job driving, i was wondering if anyone knows of any places that will help me out and get me behind the wheel? i have lots of experience with flatbeds (i.e.- tarping, chaining, loading/unloading, etc) and is there any way of having a mvr expunged? because from what ive heard you cant do that..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Billy in Redding, California

85 months ago

As far as I have learned so far, all trucking companies will NOT bring you on if you have had a drinking/driving offense within the past 5 years. I, like an idiot, have gotten into a lot of stupid trouble in the past. My most recent is 3 1/2 years old. I just got my CDL-A about 2 weeks ago and can not find any work. I "heard" that it would be very difficult, but I just didn't realize how hard it would be. It is because of the companies insurance policies...which I can understand. I just wish that I could be given a chance because I have worked very hard to straighten my life out keep getting my prior indiscretions further into my past. Take care all and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Once you get 10 years from date of conviction you shouldn't have to report your prior problems. At least that is what I am waiting for! As far as not being able to show all of your prior work---that seems to be a big thing with trucking companies. Try "Schneider" and "Swift". Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

Billy in Redding, California said: As far as I have learned so far, all trucking companies will NOT bring you on if you have had a drinking/driving offense within the past 5 years. I, like an idiot, have gotten into a lot of stupid trouble in the past. My most recent is 3 1/2 years old. I just got my CDL-A about 2 weeks ago and can not find any work. I "heard" that it would be very difficult, but I just didn't realize how hard it would be. It is because of the companies insurance policies...which I can understand. I just wish that I could be given a chance because I have worked very hard to straighten my life out keep getting my prior indiscretions further into my past. Take care all and good luck!

yeah i hear you on that one, i know prime will take you as long as its 3 years old, and a few other places as well...what makes me mad is that i know more than some of the drivers out there driving, but nobody will give me a chance and thats highly irritating, as for the insirance companies, they always have and always will be con-artists. theres no need for insurance to be the way it is, that just my opinion though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Billy in Redding, California said: Once you get 10 years from date of conviction you shouldn't have to report your prior problems. At least that is what I am waiting for! As far as not being able to show all of your prior work---that seems to be a big thing with trucking companies. Try "Schneider" and "Swift". Good luck!

You think so? Truck companies are the worst in performing background checks, because they can do multiple/cross background checks, You
lie to a trucking company, and they find out, your own your home.

Your making a recommendation too someone with a DUI to work
for the top trucking companies in the U.S.? Are you kidding?
I have serveral years experiance, and I never could get on
with Schneider or Swift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Greg said: yeah i hear you on that one, i know prime will take you as long as its 3 years old, and a few other places as well...what makes me mad is that i know more than some of the drivers out there driving, but nobody will give me a chance and thats highly irritating, as for the insirance companies, they always have and always will be con-artists. theres no need for insurance to be the way it is, that just my opinion though

I applied for Prime once, they turned me down,
I have no convictions of anykind. If you are
convicted with DUI or anything, you will not
have a future with prime, so dont hold your breath

theres no need for insurance to be the way it is...
theres no need to drink and drive, theres no need
for DUI's to get in car wrecks, well gee, there is
just no reason for car wrecks...thats why insurance
is the way it is, and im sure the list gets bigger
on why insurance rates are the way they are...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Greg said: im 22 years old and i had a dui just about 2 years ago, (a few days after i turned 21, blew a .09) well, i got my cdl about 6 months ago and have been doing lots of yard work and a few local runs, i too am having trouble finding a job driving, i was wondering if anyone knows of any places that will help me out and get me behind the wheel? i have lots of experience with flatbeds (i.e.- tarping, chaining, loading/unloading, etc) and is there any way of having a mvr expunged? because from what ive heard you cant do that..

I am surprised any company would have hired you
at all do yard work or local runs, if their
insurance found out, they would have a cow.
lie on your application?

any way of having a mvr expunged?

Do you think its possible? if it was,
tons of DUI convictions would be overturned
every single day, hearing what you hear about
DUI, do you really think you can get it erased,
You were convicted of DUI, and you had your
day in cost, you obviously lost, now you want
it expunged.

I even have common sense on that one.

The only way i could ever think you could get rid
of a DUI is police error, and it was proven the
police made a mistake, that would be the only reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

no, i didnt lie on my application, and yes they do know about it. and i was asking a simple question. ive heard mixed opinions about having an mvr expunged. some say yes. some say no. so thank you for your very un-helpful and very rude comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

you can have your criminal record expunged as well, so its only an inquiry to think that you could possibly have certain parts of an mvr expunged as well. so much for that common sense.

85 months ago

I have checked into getting a record "expunged". It really varies state by state. Your best bet would be to check online for the laws/restrictions/etc in your area.
Usually, you need to have "x" amount of years since your trouble. And, usually, you can only have 1 past trouble on your criminal record. Then, you need an attorney...and you should be able to get it cleared. But, like I said, you can usually only have had 1 prior trouble...then there must be a good amount of time since it happened (probably 5 to 10 years).
As far as your "driving record"...again it depends on the state. But, as far as having things removed from your driving record---not sure if that is possible. Generally you have to wait approx. 7 years for minor problems and 10 years for drinking troubles to "fall" off your record. As far as I understand, checks go back 10 years.
But, I am NOT an expert...this is just what I think is correct. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

Billy in Redding, California said: I have checked into getting a record "expunged". It really varies state by state. Your best bet would be to check online for the laws/restrictions/etc in your area.
Usually, you need to have "x" amount of years since your trouble. And, usually, you can only have 1 past trouble on your criminal record. Then, you need an attorney...and you should be able to get it cleared. But, like I said, you can usually only have had 1 prior trouble...then there must be a good amount of time since it happened (probably 5 to 10 years).
As far as your "driving record"...again it depends on the state. But, as far as having things removed from your driving record---not sure if that is possible. Generally you have to wait approx. 7 years for minor problems and 10 years for drinking troubles to "fall" off your record. As far as I understand, checks go back 10 years.

ya i have heard the same thing with the criminal record, as for the mvr i figured it was impossibly and you'd just have to wait the 10 years until it "dissappears" thanks for the info though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Try Swifttruckingjobs.com Good Luck! You can do it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: When is the last time you went to your driving office and

I agree totally with you my best friend was killed by a drunken truck driver. Please people stop drinking and driving!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia

85 months ago

If your replying via that tone with me via email I see why your not a driver any longer and its not the MVR that is holding you back it the manner you communicate with people. I am driving a BIG RIG while your online. Have a good day while I collect dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia said: If your replying via that tone with me via email I see why your not a driver any longer and its not the MVR that is holding you back it the manner you communicate with people. I am driving a BIG RIG while your online. Have a good day while I collect dollars.

I drove for 12 years, so i know you have no clue
what you are talking about.

I make $95k now, so you keep your wheels turning
for that small $500-$600 weekly check you get, you
might as well be on welfare making that little bit
of $$$ that you collect...

I make money online while your driving your BIG RIG,
you keep sitting your a$$ where it belongs, in a seat
all day long, yea, whos the man now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Try New England Trucking Co. or Swift Trucking Co. www.swifttruckingjobs.com
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kenny in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

Billy in Redding, California said: I have checked into getting a record "expunged". It really varies state by state. Your best bet would be to check online for the laws/restrictions/etc in your area.

Answer me this if you can, I have had 3 felonies in my whole lifetime. Now I pulled my own criminal history with my state and all dispositions read adjudication withheld and the last time I got in trouble was August 1998. I was recruited to go to driving school for Central Refrigerated Service, Inc and they told me that there was something in my background that prevented their insurance company from bonding so I ended up with a one way ticket back home. My driving record in clean and has been for 9 years and I have had no success with other companies. What is a person to do with the odds stacked this high against them?

Billy in Los Molinos, California

85 months ago

Well, I guess it completely depends on what the felonies are for. As a different person posted...the companies seem to have a huge pool of applicants so why should they take a chance on somebody that does not have a good past. Believe me, I wish somebody would give me a chance. I messed up too much in the past, but have turned my life around. The past has an awful way of 'following' you. The "criminal" record will follow forever...as far as I know, the driving is for 10 years.
Best of luck to you and I hope you find some success!

Greg

85 months ago

well theres a large driver shortage, not to mention how high the turnover rate with alot of companies is...and theres alot of people with something on there record preventing them from getting behind the wheel, which also contributes to the major driver shortage. if the legal limit stayed at .10 like it was supposed to, there would be a lot less dui's, which is just my opinion....i think its all just a big game to generate revenue. and dont even get me started on that joke of an association "MADD" ..... but this is just my opinion and standpoint on the whole issue, i think there should be a certain skills test or something of that sort that you should have to take if you want to get behind the wheel, or after you are hired mabye have a certain way to check in on the driver every so often, there are numerous ways that they could get around it but none of them are likely to happen, so we all must just sit back and suffer which stinks!

Billy in Los Molinos, California

85 months ago

Greg said: well theres a large driver shortage, not to mention how high the turnover rate with alot of companies is...and theres alot of people with something on there record preventing them from getting behind the wheel, which also contributes to the major driver shortage. if the legal limit stayed at .10 like it was supposed to, there would be a lot less dui's, which is just my opinion....i think its all just a big game to generate revenue. and dont even get me started on that joke of an association "MADD" ..... but this is just my opinion and standpoint on the whole issue, i think there should be a certain skills test or something of that sort that you should have to take if you want to get behind the wheel, or after you are hired mabye have a certain way to check in on the driver every so often, there are numerous ways that they could get around it but none of them are likely to happen, so we all must just sit back and suffer which stinks!

I basically agree with you. I have a drinking/driving past and I am an idiot for that. But...it is in my past. As far as MADD goes...whatever...the president of MADD a few years back got a DUI!
I just earned my CDL-A in California...and it is strict at the DMV out here. That is another ridiculous thing---since once you have a CDL it is supposed to be "federally" regulated---then why aren't the requirements the same in each state? Shouldn't something that is "federal" be the same across the country??? Whatever---just more BS. I am actually glad that I got my CDL in Caliifornia because it is quite a bit harder to earn here than in other states, so I feel that even though I can't get any 'real world' experience right now, I at least have a very good understanding and start at it.

But, now I sit...unable to get a company to give me a chance.

Best of luck to ya!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clayton

85 months ago

Amanda in Palmyra, Pennsylvania said: I own my own trucking company in Palmyra, PA and I,m looking for a driver. We haul cars, if your interested please give us a call so we can work out the details.

live in kansas,had own authorty from 1991 tell june 2006. went i refused a drug test,which lead to a one suspension. got license back 12/13/06, looking to sell 1998 volvo or lease on with someone.raised in manufactured home business pulled houses 20 years without a scratch,getting upset about the insurance company not will to give a hard worker a second chase. if your still looking and we both can make some money let me know. clayton.carr@yahoo.com

Kenny in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

I would hate to believe that things have to be this way but unfortunately I can't argue against it. The sad part about it is I can get an office job without a hitch. I think office personnel are more worried with who's working next to them than a company worrying about a licensed felon pulling an insured commodity down the street but it appears to be the other way around and I am sick of working in offices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Preston in Piedmont, West Virginia

85 months ago

keith in Long Beach, California said: I know what you talking about,I'm graduated from driving school in september and I find no companie here in California.I had a DUI 4 years agao and I have 3 tickets the last 3 years but never an accident.I send resumes,send ads and always no reply.I also have doubles/triples,hazmat,tanker and I can say I'M a good driver and hard worker.Don/t mind go OTR,TEAM or Companie driver,I will take all.But nobody have an idea how to get a job.

Go to www.google.com type no in search bar:
Trucking: No dui/dwi within past 3 years. Boom and you have that fixed no problem..
Alternate.
Go to www.classadrivers.com and make a profile and search for jobs.
Mine is little more difficult
I graduated from trucking school this past Febuaray I have DUI the actual Incedient was 2003 of August, but conviction wasn't till January 31, 2006. I tried to fight it. Wasnt worth it only hurting me worse. Points are off my record but trucking companies wont even look at me no matter how hard i work or determined I am to start my career. They want us to do all this for them, but when we need a lending hand. They put there hands in there pockets and shrugg there shoulders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Greg said: ya i have heard the same thing with the criminal record, as for the mvr i figured it was impossibly and you'd just have to wait the 10 years until it "dissappears" thanks for the info though!

Greg I don't know what state you live in, but expungements are possible in all states.

DOT-If your under 21 and the Bac level is under .08 You can get it removed from MVR if. you Go to Alcohol Examination Class & Interlock program on your vehicle.

For over 21-depending on circumstance to the county itself has more strict laws for this now. Not All but most states will require same thing as under 21 for first dui

In rememberance no this.. First time is slap on wrist and pretty much can get away with it in all crimes except for murder. Second time is possible thought of it being dialy routine. 3rd offence think of it as your done. But Like i Say first time though you can either get it expunge other then that if you have speeding tickets and excessive amounts other then your dui. You might as well forget it. If not and no other crimnal charges non-vehical related then i would go for it.

As in Crimanl Record now Depends on your state totally. For example Maryland pretty good about helping you out and expunging it, West Virginia now Pretty much give you the finger and say you shouldnt have been driving. Then its like Hello, I wasnt driving your cop had his tampoon in, the wrong angle.

But yes Greg. Expungements are possible and If you have the money to do it then more then likely you will get it. Mine for example would have ran me about 4000 dollars and i could have had both done. But I cant get a job to pay for it to be expunge because its not expunge^^.. Hope this was very informative to you. If you have any more questions just ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Greg

85 months ago

Preston in Piedmont, West Virginia said: Greg I don't know what state you live in, but expungements are possible in all states.

DOT-If your under 21 and the Bac level is under .08 You can get it removed from MVR if. you Go to Alcohol Examination Class & Interlock program on your vehicle.

For over 21-depending on circumstance to the county itself has more strict laws for this now. Not All but most states will require same thing as under 21 for first dui

In rememberance no this.. First time is slap on wrist and pretty much can get away with it in all crimes except for murder. Second time is possible thought of it being dialy routine. 3rd offence think of it as your done. But Like i Say first time though you can either get it expunge other then that if you have speeding tickets and excessive amounts other then your dui. You might as well forget it. If not and no other crimnal charges non-vehical related then i would go for it.

As in Crimanl Record now Depends on your state totally. For example Maryland pretty good about helping you out and expunging it, West Virginia now Pretty much give you the finger and say you shouldnt have been driving. Then its like Hello, I wasnt driving your cop had his tampoon in, the wrong angle.

But yes Greg. Expungements are possible and If you have the money to do it then more then likely you will get it. Mine for example would have ran me about 4000 dollars and i could have had both done. But I cant get a job to pay for it to be expunge because its not expunge^^.. Hope this was very informative to you. If you have any more questions just ask.

see i have heard about getting my criminal record expunged, but ive been told by many people that the MVR cannot be and that i have to basically wait it out for another year before i can get behind the wheel... mabye you know of some ways to get my mvr expunged as well? i live in PA so any information on this would be extremely appreciated! thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

An Exception to the Rule…A.R.D.

In some cases, first time DUI offenders may be eligible for the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. You are not eligible if you:

had previously been placed in an ARD program,
had been convicted of DUI within the past 10 years, (except for 1st offense 3802(a)(2)prior convictions)
had seriously injured or killed someone as the result of a DUI crash, or
had a passenger under 14 years of age or had been charged at the time of DUI with other specific serious vehicle violations.
In addition, the District Attorney may have other requirements that may disqualify you from ARD. For more information on driving under the influence go to www.padui.org or www.maddpa.org

You Need to Call You Need to call your main state dmv office ask for the DUI department and talk to one of the managers or head Director. Ask them to look into it not just give you answer without checking all possible resources because they are don't care if you get it expunge or not. They try to just end a hard question. First 3 people i talked to said there was no such thing. They didnt even check. Then if no answers there ask to speak with the interlock program.

LeRoy in Altavista, Virginia

85 months ago

I dont know if your a religious man BUT in Gods eyes never give up keep seeking and praying doors will open it is all working around the facts of ONE DAY AT A TIME.
LeRoy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Yes became saved 2003.And I Know the meaning :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

LEROY in Lynchburg, Virginia

85 months ago

ITS NOT SO MUCH THESE COMPANIES THE REAL BLAME IS OUR U.S. GOVT. AND THE 911 BIN LATIN CAUSED SO I THINK OUR GOVT IS MAKING OUR SOLDIERS SUFFER AND WE SHOULD TAKE OUR TRUCKS AND DRIVE ALL OVER THIER COUNTRY TILL ONE OF US DRIVERS FIND THIS PIECE OF TRASH AND RUIN HIS LIFE AS HE HAS ALL OF OURS TO INCLUDE THE DRIVERS THE BACKBONE OF THE USA/ COUNTRY.
ANY TAKERS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ballsofsteel in Omaha, Nebraska

85 months ago

Kenny in Miami, Florida said: Answer me this if you can, I have had 3 felonies in my whole lifetime. Now I pulled my own criminal history with my state and all dispositions read adjudication withheld and the last time I got in trouble was August 1998. I was recruited to go to driving school for Central Refrigerated Service, Inc and they told me that there was something in my background that prevented their insurance company from bonding so I ended up with a one way ticket back home. My driving record in clean and has been for 9 years and I have had no success with other companies. What is a person to do with the odds stacked this high against them?

I think they just want people to go back to a life of crime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ballsofsteel in Omaha, Nebraska

85 months ago

I am a former owner operator that was leased to a company. I have six years of experience. My career was ended in December of 2006 when I was arrested driving my personal vehicle under the influence of alcohol. However I was convicted of willfull reckless driving not DUI however the DOT says to bad so sad and took my CDL for 1 year. I am able toget my CDL back in January 2007 but the company I was leased with can't get me insured until January 2008. Does anyone know will be easier for me to get insurance if I have my obtain my own authority?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jthazka@yahoo.com in Russellville, Arkansas

85 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

I have a dwi on my record i got last year 05/06 I dont think any company will hire me so how can u help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Russellville, Arkansas

85 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

I have a dwi on my record i got last year 05/06 I dont think any company will hire me so how can u help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Russellville, Arkansas

85 months ago

When was the last time you drove a truck need to no that before I can answer your question!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.