Can't Get Hired

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1051 to 1100 of 1203)
Page:  « First « Previous   19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next »   Last »

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia

64 months ago

HEY MAN! You spent $4000.00 on class just go to the bank and purchase your own truck and insure it and take the family with you and home school the babies on the road then you get the best of both worlds. At least trucking if you keep your nose clean you are your own boss and you have the best of both worlds and file for your own authority.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shiremanh in Bixby, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Hi, My husband graduated truck driving school in November 2010. He was promised jobs with 2 different companies then at the last second before he was supposed to arrive for orientation, they said he didn't qualify for employment. They refused to tell him the reason. He found a job but was trying to do a transfer to their sister company that just runs local so he could be home with us everynight. But after everything was supposed to be "a go" he gets a "sorry we've decided to seek other applicants" letter. We were told that whatever the reason is, he will never be able to get hired at this sister company and the only reason he was hired where he is now is cause they were short drivers and they bipassed this bit of info? He has a DUI in 1997. He had a work comp case in 2000, but never any others. No health issues etc. How can we find out why he is "unemployable"? What is showing up that keeps making these companies back out at the last minute?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

2tufftotame in Lynchburg, Virginia

63 months ago

Go to www.hireright.com you can request a report of your history, and or WWW.DAC.COM

63 months ago

www.hireright.com/Disputes/Report.aspx
I will correct this information before those out there start chirping a picket line on the internet about me replying. I know there are a few greasy spoon wanta be drivers, that continuously set at those tables reading these forum stories and all they really look for is my response in helping those that request HELP! I am sure before the dawn rises I will get a negative response....well all I will say ole buddy 10-4 and keep on turning that paper plate steering wheel.
YES its me the striped suit trucker salesman at your service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mcorvette1953@*****.*** in Lima, Ohio

63 months ago

JohnS in Edina, Minnesota said: You think so? Truck companies are the worst in performing background checks, because they can do multiple/cross background checks, You
lie to a trucking company, and they find out, your own your home.

Your making a recommendation too someone with a DUI to work
for the top trucking companies in the U.S.? Are you kidding?
I have serveral years experiance, and I never could get on
with Schneider or Swift.

that not saiding a lot for sni or swif

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

63 months ago

that not saiding a lot for sni or swif

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LiLee420@*****.*** in Charlotte, North Carolina

63 months ago

To the lady asking why her husband cannot find out what is holding up his approval at companies. This is my suggestion, get a copy of his DAC report. You are given one free a year, also look into his criminal background, and do this with some third party information companies like USIS. They tend to post things on you history that are either old, or are no longer a threat, just for the simple fact that they have not updated there system with new information. Now as far as the DUI goes, after 7 years, it is not supposed to show up on you history, and after 10 years it is not supposed to be on your DMVR. Now if he is looking for a creditable company to work for, try Crosby. Good freight, great miles, good equipment. Home regularly. Check out there website, and go from there. That would be my suggestion. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me at my above email address. If I do not know the answer, I can ask my terminal manager. She and I are pretty close, and maybe we can figure it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Sorry, I left out an important part of that last post. If you find information on your DAC that is wrong, or information that is on one of these Third Party Information companies print outs. You have to go to the state that you live in and get a state copy of your Criminal History, and the copy of the USIS, or Hireright print out and submit a copy of both to each third party company. Then, and this is the best part. The third party company will submit a paper to the company that just requested the information on you, it makes them look real stupid, plus you can also do like I did, and start a civil suit against the third party company for " defamation of character, through submitting falsified legal documents, that in turn cost you and your family income." They settled out of court for around 15,000. I know it is not that much, but I really did not want to work for SWIFT anyways. E-logs, and there trucks are slowwwwwwwwwwww. Like I said, if you will take the time, and do the research, you will find out what is holding up your husband from getting that local job he wants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

To the lady in Oklahoma, another company that you may want to check out since you live West of the Mississippi, is Jim Palmer Trucking. I used to work there, and they are the best job I ever had. Great Equipment, Pete's or Volvo's. .38-.50 cpm, depending on experience, and they really take care of there drivers. If I lived West of the Mississippi, that is where I would be working right now. If you would like the information, or who to talk to, I would be more than happy to help you. Look at there website for the requirements, and I can tell you that as long as he has had no major accidents, no felonies, no DUI within the last 5 years, and no speeding tickets with in the last 12 months. He is in like flinn

shiremanh in Bixby, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Thanks for your help. My husband has a friend who owns his own trucking company and he ran a check on my husband and it came back PERFECT, NOTHING on his record at all. So the only thing we can figure is that maybe he doesn't have enough experience? Why they wouldn't just tell him that though, I don't know. Why don't these companies just tell you why they don't want to hire you? None of the jobs he was turned down for have told him why. He specifically asked and they say they don't know or they cant disclose that info.

Heather

bigcalves73 in Greenville, South Carolina

63 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

hi sir i live in greenville sc have my cdl sence 2005 clean as a whisel was working with the goverment well i got cut because of cut backs i was driving straight truck so that means i have no exspereance with tractor trailer to them!!!!!! i backed hucked did everything but i can not say any thing had logs every thing.im looking for a driving job out three day back enough so i can enjoy my family. please get back

63 months ago

Economy still slow even with my runs....so I hooked up with the state of Va. and working for VDOT .....lol well they require a cdl a license so these days you have to take the bitter with the sweet even if the sweet taste sour.
GOOD LUCK

Freddie in Marlinton, West Virginia

63 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

I sent u a email it won't go throw... how do i get a hold of u? I would like to see about a truck driving job. I'm willing to move..
I have 1 ticket Open Container it comes off on Jan. 20 2012 Thank u

Freddie in Marlinton, West Virginia

63 months ago

Faith

I sent u a email it won't go throw... how do i get a hold of u? I would like to see about a truck driving job. I'm willing to move..
I have 1 ticket Open Container it comes off on Jan. 20 2012 Thank u

Tony in Kennebunk, Maine

62 months ago

Fester McGuu said: Merry Christmas everyone !!

I have 4 dui's in my lifetime, several misdeminors, and a few suspensions along the trails of life...
I had those issues 14 yrs ago

Now I only have a Mariguana(sp?) possesion charge(07)
and an accident with a faliure to control(07)
"No pts on my licence"

I finish CDL school in January, and have been given a letter of hire from a trucking Co.

I only told them about 2 of the 4 dui's....they know the rest.

I have a job when I get out of school...WHY ME, and not you guys with much less criminal activity...I don't get it?

The only thing, I can think of..Is my work history is outstanding

Any feedback would be appreciated...or you can slam me.

what company hired you cause I can't find a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I am not here to SLAM you nor PRAISE you as I have your same shoes on I walked that road of my own distruction.
I am not here to say OH LOOK AT ME! ... I am saying if you as you said have a strong work history and show you have made that serious change that DAC or HIRE RIGHT...his so eager to hurt you with, you can show you want to drive and do a company a JOB as your driving history of bad karma is JUDGED and even those JUDGES someday will be JUDGED. I am driving as well but one differance is all mine are over 11 years old nothing as fresh as your 07 claim. You need to walk on egg shells and dont have any more charges as it seems you have had your lucky horseshoe with you for the last time.
As it has me cost alot of money I wished I had today so I could put my lost money towards my needs and not the LEGAL TEAM.

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

Jimmy Gibson in Hilliard, Ohio said: I am so depressed. I spent over $4000 to get a CDL Class A with all endorsements and the only job that I can find pays 25 Cents Per Mile and I have to live in the truck away from my wife and kids for 2-3 weeks at a time with only 2 days off a month. What ever happened to all the local jobs the Road Master recruiter promised?

Okay, so I expected things would be a little slow at first, but I never dreamed I would have a job that keeps my family on food stamps and ADC. My best week I barely broke even after food, showers, taxes, etc. No benefits yet, but they are not free anyways. I am so embarrassed to look my wife and kids in the face. My wife took a job waiting tables and my neighbors are kind enough to watch our kids; I will never be able to afford to repay them. I feel like I abandoned my family being out here on the road.

I finished at the top of my class. I have no accidents or citations. I have 10 years local P&D experience with a cargo van, and do excellent with customer service. I wish I had a good life insurance policy because I would let my family cash in so they could live a better life.

If you are thinking about driving, FIND ANOTHER CAREER, preferably one that pays.

Jimmy hang in there. I am not a driver yet, but once u get your year experience other jobs should open up for you. I am going to get a cdl and i know that until u have experience you have to take the bottom jobs. There are jobs starting to open up around here but 90% want that year or more otr. Keep your head up!!

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

62 months ago

you need to get a job with a farmer co op running grain or fertilzers for 2 year the pay will be good but u will be their 14 hour days 7day week sometimes they are take att now it the season

Lynx

62 months ago

Faith

I need your help. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. OmoOrishaYoruba@gmail.com Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

George in Dumas, Texas

60 months ago

Pam in Atlanta, Georgia said: Try Swifttruckingjobs.com Good Luck! You can do it!

F swift! id rather flip burgers at Mc Puke than work for Swift or any of the large corporate Fascists out there. (walmart, shnieder, jbkunt, for example)

60 months ago

GEORGE is one of those wanna be's driver....in some greasy spoon restuarant twisting one of those paper plates wishing he was a driver...if you get a driving job take it and grow you will never start off as TOP DOG anywhere in trucking...we all had to make our marks at the bottom and grow from there if I said IF your a real TRUCKER.
By the way McPukes as you call it keeps you off food stamps and abusing my tax dollars

Dino40 in Pinellas Park, Florida

60 months ago

Bob said: I am thinking about going to truck driver school. My driving record is perfect and I have no felonies. I will pay for truck driving school out of my own pocket. Will I have a hard time being hired by a trucking company?

You will not have a hard time finding a job just find a good company to go with they will help you....

60 months ago

PRIME usually accept graduates but then you have to accpet the pay from it being a new drive and all the cost as to tolls fuel cost log books and thos dreaded weigh stations just looking to charge you with a minor or any for of fraction problem which is a long range of things.....with that said and you want to truck then I am sure one of the recruiters will find you a job and most of the time it is a company about 700 too 1500 miles from your home for orientation and their driving classes.
GOOD LUCK become a driver and ENJOY.

newtotruckdrv in Columbia, Missouri

59 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: You probably will not find a local or regional, but there are certain trucking compaines that have their own school for training, you will have to sign a 1 year contract or something like that, and again, you have to have a completely clean record and background, nothing less will do. Local jobs can be hard to get, as there are already experianced drivers out there that also want to be local too.
if i could have found something else, I would have never went into
trucking...

I have never gotten a dui and anything....but have just driven a car for 30 yrs...I have been teaching for about 7 years....good recs but took off to farm last year...

what trucking company would hire me and would they help me get a commercial drivers license?

lima14 in Fairbanks, Alaska

59 months ago

I am 30 years old live in Ohio, I have a Class B with Air brake, tanker and Hazmat. I am looking to go with a company who trains drivers to get my Class A. The problem is I have a minor misdemeanor possesion from 7 years ago I am not proud of that and I understand the responsibilities of driving but I am finding it hard to find a job. My dvr is clean, I have 2 points for a seatbelt ticket.I am hoping someone out there, recruiter, small company, or owner operator might be able to help me.There is no need to lecture me on my previous stupid behavior, I am well aware of that, Thank you and God Bless

midnight rider in Lima, Ohio

59 months ago

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia said: Dont feel pregnant I had my own trucking authority and I drove my ass off state to state and no violations and I have my own truck well guess what loads are given to someone I dont know and maybe they are driving for pennies that dont pay my fuel bills I have home bills and family too to heat and feed but do you think a company out here cares dong what your hard earned time checking it out its a cut throat world and get less for the dollar and load so all I can say is enjoy the world of trucking even with experience.

that right jimmey jr let us down

Steve in Rochester, New York

57 months ago

Faith

I just saw what you wrote here so I am contacting you hoping that you can help me. I have worked in construction my whole life and even owned my own business building houses till the market went south. I am trying to get a job driving truck but I have felonies on my record. These felonies are over 30 years old and still no one wants to hire me. I am at the end of my rope and almost completely broke and I won't be able to survive much longer. If there is anything you can do for me there are no words that could ever tell how much I would appreciate it. I am in good health, a hard worker, and I have a clean driving record. I will be hoping to hear from you. Thank You, Steve

razor08 in Mount Pleasant, North Carolina

57 months ago

Faith

hey, I have cdls Im currently out of nc around charllote, nc area i've had time over the road when i first got my cdls in 99' but i had alot jobs that is driving otr jobs i haven't drove a tractor in the last 3 yrs but i do drive a vacuum truck and similar equip around locally can i still get back into a big rig and go back otr?

peggy sue in Ramseur, North Carolina

57 months ago

Faith

i am a cdl driver who had little training but went on the road with my boyfriend i have a cdl and dont want to go back to school i dont have the money but i am a very good driver who drove all over the us i cant find anyone to give me a chance with out all the expensive training so now my lisense is just useless i paid 5800.00 to go to school and now i dont have a chance what can i do

joe jobless in Elmira, New York

57 months ago

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction. Is there a company that would consider me?

yes

Joe jobless in Elmira, New York

57 months ago

Look on line for places like "Careers in gear". I have seen several places like them on sites like this one and other sited associated with this one. Trucking jobs are tough to do because of the long hours and low pay but they are available. I am job searching right now myself and I see them everyday on the internet when I job search. Also here in N.Y. people are always looking for work and unemployment is always the main topic of conversation here. You might have to move to N.Y. or P.A. for a truck driving job for better results. Good luck.

Joe jobless in Elmira, New York

57 months ago

Look on line for places like "Careers in gear". I have seen several places like them on sites like this one and other sites associated with this one. Trucking jobs are tough to do because of the long hours and low pay but they are available. I am job searching right now myself and I see them everyday on the internet when I job search. Also here in N.Y. people are always looking for work and unemployment is always the main topic of conversation here. You might have to move to N.Y. or P.A. for a truck driving job for better results. Good luck.

Rich in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Last year around this time, my license was suspended for 3 months for driving with suspended registration on my personal vehicle along with 6 points. I have a CDL w/ 3 years experience. No other moving violations, ZERO documented accidents in my driving history, ZERO DUI/DWIs and ZERO felonies/misdemeanors. Should it be difficult to find a FT local job?

Original Equality in Columbia, South Carolina

57 months ago

I'm aware most of these posts r dated back but wow i understand that most of you have dui's and all but there are a lot of drivers that don't have any dui on there mvr and still can't get a job because they have a few bumps on their record nothing major.There are a lot of drivers that deserve to be out there and r not and a lot of that r out there and shouldn't be.The powers that b have to make sure the so called American Dream remains just that (a dream)for the average person out here trying to do something positive. What kills me and proves what I just said is the schools,dmv,and so on know ahead of time your gonna have trouble getting a job in the industry before u even obtain your CDL but yet they still allow you to get it even though you can't use it ain't that bout a (u fill in the blank) I hope everyone stays positive and humble as possible and keep striving never give in don't let anything break you any of you you can do that well enough on your own something will come through for all us.Peace and blessings be amoung everyone

57 months ago

wow I was reading older post's and made a reply to them I wasn't aware that it would go to the present day.I feel real foolish Lol U can tell i'm new to this.

57 months ago

Rich in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Last year around this time, my license was suspended for 3 months for driving with suspended registration on my personal vehicle along with 6 points. I have a CDL w/ 3 years experience. No other moving violations, ZERO documented accidents in my driving history, ZERO DUI/DWIs and ZERO felonies/misdemeanors. Should it be difficult to find a FT local job?

All I can suggest is to do some leg work put in some apps. call and check on them the worst thing they can tell you is no.But at the same time it may be difficult to not only get a local but a driving job period i say this because my husband is going through the same thing except his was suspended for fail to pay tickets when he had his own company no one will touch him at all.It may not be what you wan't but maybe you should try dumps just to get your foot back in the door if other companies tell you no. Good luck

jcox964 in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

frank in Eagle Pass, Texas said: Your not alone, I have 42 months driving a big truck, I got a licence suspension for refusing to take a breathalizer,i refused because i was not driving i was in my truck listening to the radio with my girlfriend,cop arrested me . In court the judge agreed with me and told the cop that the worst he should have charged me with was P.I. the judge dismissed my charge but according to texas law refusal is an automatic suspension and gets put in your record. I am no longer hireable as a truckdriver for at least 3 years! Hope you have better luck buddy!

Hire an attorney

mtsi in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Jeff can you give us a call at ask for leah and we can talk about how we can hire you please call for details and can you drive a refer? that is what we need OTR dedicated run leaave tuesday night and return on Saterday or sunday. Pay depending on experiance. again call Leah at MTSI at phattboyz3 at yahoo.com or lasay1 at hotmail.com Thank you

gearpusher in Red Lion, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Faith

Hello. I use to have my cdl in the 80s. I have been in construction since. I decided to become a driver. I just passed my test and have a class A cdl "Permit" with L restriction removed. I just recieved my DOT medical card, I still have my permit and that allows me to drive with someone with a cdl endorsecment. I need to take the driving test yet but I don't have a truck. Can you send any info my way? I am low on funds and a driving school is not an option at this time. I'm trying to get in with a Owner Operator and co-drive, they seem to have more flexability than companies. Thank you. Wayne. gearpusher@mail.com

Equality in Columbia, South Carolina

55 months ago

Faith

Faith I have tryed to send you and email and it wont go through could you sent me a email so i can try to reply to it e.katsaros@aol.com thank u p.s i want to see if u can assist me with a driving position.Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

freddie in Grantsville, Maryland

55 months ago

Let me know if u get ahold of her i tryed to and couldn't

Equality in Columbia, South Carolina

55 months ago

freddie in Grantsville, Maryland said: Let me know if u get ahold of her i tryed to and couldn't

Ok I got u and u do the same if u reach her please.

freddie in Grantsville, Maryland

55 months ago

Equality in Columbia, South Carolina said: Ok I got u and u do the same if u reach her please.

Ok i will let u k if i get ahold of her....

freddiebrown in Keyser, West Virginia

55 months ago

ghar in Laurel, Maryland said: Freddie,

Send me a mail at ghartruckingllc@gmail.com. I need a driver asap.

I sent you an email,on this site it says i live in md . I don't know why it says that i checked and i have it as Keyser Wv. But i can drive for anyone don't care where... I like to drive.

hicks in Comer, Georgia

54 months ago

I am 19 yrs old and went through the commercial driving program at athens tech in elberton ga and I cant drive over the road bc im under 21 but i've been doing everything I know and can to find a local driving job and I always come up empty handed. I only have 2 months driving experience through Athens tech and Im a young man looking for a leg up for more experience in the truck driving industry. If there is anyone that could possibly help me out I would deeply appreciate it. I will take any driving job at this time to get more driving experience.

-Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Pudsey, United Kingdom

54 months ago

I know how hard it is to find work in the UK at the moment.
The economic crisis has left a lot of people in major problems.
Finding work being the big problem.

I was unemployed and out of work for 2 months now and it was becoming an issue money wise.

I spoke with a company www.editmycv.org
They helped me out with my CV and totally got it organised seemed my CV was a mess and now I have found work within a major hotel chain!

I am in employment and really pleased that i am now earning money.

Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks

Jessica

54 months ago

At your age it is best for you to become your own operator and owner of your own truck and be your own BOSS.

ned gorman in Edwardsville, Illinois

54 months ago

keith in Long Beach, California said: I know what you talking about,I'm graduated from driving school in september and I find no companie here in California.I had a DUI 4 years agao and I have 3 tickets the last 3 years but never an accident.I send resumes,send ads and always no reply.I also have doubles/triples,hazmat,tanker and I can say I'M a good driver and hard worker.Don/t mind go OTR,TEAM or Companie driver,I will take all.But nobody have an idea how to get a job.

try tucking companies like millis and cr england that offer not schooling but company trainee programs that might help you leg up in they're co.

hicks in Comer, Georgia

54 months ago

Thanks for the advise, What I want to do is start working to get more drive time and when im 21 drive OTR for a couple yrs and save to get my own truck(s) and start a small business and work my way up. I did hear that there are going to start laying off alot of drivers over 48, bad health, and overweight next year. they said they are going to be atleast 40,000 new truck driving positions just in the state of Georga so hopefully I can be 1 out of the 40,000. Anyway I appreciate the advise!!

54 months ago

I am no way a lawyer but with your charges as I had a bad criminal report history...it took me 11 years to get my status back up to anyone respecting me I now drive for VDOT and this job is great I am given 5 days a year personal time 5 days a year sick and 5 days a year vacation and all holidays...that carriers over each year builds, the first year.. dont try to be a trucker and loose your ass just get the class A and work for the state.

Page:  « First « Previous   19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.