Can't Get Hired

Comments (1151 to 1200 of 1200)
Page:  « First « Previous   21  22  23  24   

Ash in Indianapolis, Indiana

32 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

Hi my name is Ash i graduated from truck driving school in 2007 i drove for 10 months with in this 10 months i have 3 preventable accidents all these accidents where very miner scarching paint not more than $50.00.I got discharged from my job. On my Dac Report it says Unsatisfactory saftey record.Now this time i want to go back to driving trucks i didn't have any tickets i am clean.Please help me get a trucking job.

robert mccoy in Charlotte, North Carolina

32 months ago

faith said: Guys please get in touch with me! I am an independant recruiter for USF GLENMOORE and I can help you! faithlove79@aol.com
Faith

hey my name is Robert can you help me get back on the road my email is rmccoy39@yahoo.com or you can call me at thks

Donzi in Mount Holly, North Carolina

32 months ago

robert mccoy in Charlotte, North Carolina said: hey my name is Robert can you help me get back on the road my email is rmccoy39@yahoo.com or you can call me at thks

Try PTC 7032 Old Mount Holly Road They need drivers probably be nights.If I could handle the vapors I would still be there.They don't bother most people but I was over exposed in 1988 and it still makes me sick.

Eric in Berlin, Wisconsin

31 months ago

I was with Swift, my mentor worked me extremely hard and I just had 2 accidents in a month. My first accident, I was in utah area and had the sun reflecting in my eyes from my left mirrors. I had no warning of any construction and hit a barrier that was in my lane and because of it, the front left outer drive tire and rim were destroyed. My second one was a short time after and I was backing into a dock and failed to notice a trailer that was on my blind side and hit it with the passenger side of the truck and the mirror. The damage was only cosmetic. Because of that I was going to get fired from the company but I elected to quit in leu of getting fired. I have a friend currently driving for schnieder and we were looking at going team. I applied and because of the 2 accidents schnieder won't look at me until i get 5 months experience. Now, I cant get hired by any company and also I am a combat vet from afghanistan who needs a job with only little college but i cant get hired or the experience that I need. Anyone got any ideas?

westernstar in Bangor, Maine

31 months ago

Hi out there my name is Rob i am an independent driver recruiter for those of you that are really looking for work please let me know i may be able to help depending on the offence and how long,I have 15 years plus in as a otr truck driver myself and have been in your shoes before so please email me at Lyshonr@live.com hope to hear from you guys

westernstar in Bangor, Maine

31 months ago

Hi everyone i was just wondering if any of the independent recruiters out there got any response from anyone on here.I know that i just posted my thing a little while ago today but i thought that with the way the economy is that drivers would have sent me an email by now that really was looking for work,So i'm thinking that maybe i picked the wrong post and everyone just wants to complain it's really to bad but if you are really looking for work you have my email good luck

10th Step in Warsaw, New York

30 months ago

I know the Feeling of OTR big Companies saying NO. They say now
after 9?11 that your CDL has to be issued from the state you live in to be able to apply1 What BS!! Yet it's a Federal License that WE
pay a lot for ESPECIALLY New York.
I have been driving Local for years & all types of trucks in doing so. Now I want to go back to OTR & the big companies say they dont have Modified Training, or they just dont want to tell it like it is. I've delt with Recruiters from Various Companies that tell ya everything ya want to hear, & when it comes to Hiring.They bring up that You HAVE TO stay with them or your Bill of getting there & thier schooling plus trainer Doubles in Paying them back. One company like CRST did this to me. Ihad to refuse work there , 1)
I am not a kid that dont know nothing,2)I do not like being lied to, & 3) theres no $$ in at least3yrs with them to start getting out ofthe hole, Thats where I am starting from. Dont need it to be Deeper.
I am Looking for any Company Now That will give Me a shot, that has Modified Training, I know Im just a bit rusty on some of the paperwork. Its not getting any easier with the Gov.making it tougheron allof us Farm raised Hard Working Positive Working Americans, Proud of where I came from-Looking to Provide for my future With Hard Work.

10th Step in Warsaw, New York

30 months ago

10th Step in Warsaw, New York said: I know the Feeling of OTR big Companies saying NO. They say now
after 9?11 that your CDL has to be issued from the state you live in to be able to apply1 What BS!! Yet it's a Federal License that WE
pay a lot for ESPECIALLY New York.
I have been driving Local for years & all types of trucks in doing so. Now I want to go back to OTR & the big companies say they dont have Modified Training, or they just dont want to tell it like it is. I've delt with Recruiters from Various Companies that tell ya everything ya want to hear, & when it comes to Hiring.They bring up that You HAVE TO stay with them or your Bill of getting there & thier schooling plus trainer Doubles in Paying them back. One company like CRST did this to me. Ihad to refuse work there , 1)
I am not a kid that dont know nothing,2)I do not like being lied to, & 3) theres no $$ in at least3yrs with them to start getting out ofthe hole, Thats where I am starting from. Dont need it to be Deeper.
I am Looking for any Company Now That will give Me a shot, that has Modified Training, I know Im just a bit rusty on some of the paperwork. Its not getting any easier with the Gov.making it tougheron allof us Farm raised Hard Working Positive Working Americans, Proud of where I came from-Looking to Provide for my future With Hard Work.
Still Looking for work- nymoses1@yahoo.com

chadlevin in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

You should really take a look at EveryTruckJob I got hired there fast because they have over 1200 companies listed.

Advanced Transport in Gainesville, Florida

27 months ago

We are growing and looking for seasoned owner-operators, truck owners and OTR drivers to join our team. We accept all trucks 15 years old or newer. We also have lease-purchase programs for trucks as well as trailer rentals. Positions are open to anyone residing in the lower 48 states. We also have new programs for drivers wishing to maintain their own authority. If you know of someone who may be interested....we are offering a small incentive of $100 for each and every driver/owner-operator you refer to us that ultimately signs up for our lease program (incentives are paid after their first completed load in the form of a VISA gift card). We consider all applicants on an individual basis. E-mail us directly at mytruckdispatch@att.net.

GJ101

26 months ago

I'm a new graduate from a respected training facility that was contracted by a large carrier for schooling and a certain period of servitude for the trade of training. Although they were aware of a 12yr.old felony in the past and a 10 yr. old dui, they said it was not an issue. After graduating at the top of my class and attending orientation, they negated the contract and provided me transportation home. I now hold a CDL with no way to apply my training and am at a loss as to how to approach the issue of gaining the much needed experience in order to begin this new career change. If any of you fine folks are willing to break in an observant newbie, please contact me at skilledtrade@yahoo.com. I'm a healthy, 45 yr. old female in Ky. willing to work with locations as long as I can get a paycheck to send home

Kristy Spencer in Cadiz, Kentucky

26 months ago

Faith

Do you offer over the road positions with rider/pet programs? My husband and I are looking to go over the road here soon, and he's having problems finding something. He has 14 years experience. 3 of them are over the road, but not in the last few years. This seems to be a requirement where ever he looks. It's not like he's been out of a truck in all the years since.

Ty in Johnstown, Ohio

26 months ago

i just got a class a cdl but for got a bout that open container i got a year a go who will hire me to Day my fuuns are getting low

Dustin Lacey in Calera, Alabama

25 months ago

I got terminated frome my last job due to a accident. I had requested off for mothers day to spend time with my mom due to the fact that i was working nights and hadnt seen my family in a month. I was.td all week that i would get off at midnight. Due to the plant where i was delivering was shutting down for maintenence. So i went to my moms house had a blast and then went to report for work. I pretripped my truck and went to the office to get my paperwork and ask the dispatcher to clarify that i was getti getting off at midnight. He said i had to work a whole shift and if i didnt i would be terminated. I told him i had been up all day and asked if i could get a couple of hours of sleep before i started my shift and his reply was no. So i proceed to work in fear of losing my job and around the end of my shift i. Dozed off and ran off the road and struck a gaurdrail. The only damage i caused to the truck was a crack in the fender around the headlight. I was pulled out of the median it was muddy so i got stuck. And i drove back to the terminal. Where i was instructed to get some sleep before safety came in that morning i went took my drug test it cam back negative and i was immeditly terminated. They also put on my DAC they terminated me due to unsafe driving acts. I have been out of a truck since may 14, 2012 and i cant get a job anywhere. Can anyone help my situation

RonS1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Faith

Recruiters do not have hiring powers, and most do not even know their own company's rules on who qualifies and who doesn't. I graduated from trucking school on 03/29/2013 and have yet to find any job. Schools are a joke. If you don't have experience, or if you live in Delaware, you WILL NOT be hired by a major trucking company...ever! As far as I'm concerned I now just have a fancy Class D license.

GasNGo in Tulare, California

25 months ago

What if your Misdemeanor charges were dismissed after 1 year of successful probation and you successfully petition the court to get the charges dismissed under California PC 1203.4? It has been officially 9 years since and every time it is checked under licensing companies, the charges are posted, but under the disposition it always comes back DISMISSED. Additionally, whenever I have to get a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND history completed by a company from the COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT it comes back as NO RECORD in files to date on the above individual. Could you still get a job in the TRUCKING INDUSTRY?

Paul1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

As I read many posts here I can that many of you have similar problems. I'm a recent trucking school graduate and yet to find a job. I've been doing a ton of research and have learned a great deal about how the trucking industry works. Here's what I know; if you have a DUI or license suspension you will have to wait for a lot of time to pass before you will be considered for hire as a trucker. Like someone here said, trucking companies are getting over 3,500 applicants per week. Yes, per week! So they aren't going to take time to call you if you have any issues at all. They just throw your app away and grab the next one. Felonies in general can be overcome but it takes time. I've seen companies say they will take them if they are 7 or 10 years old. Bear in mind that in most cases that time starts from the day you got out of jail, or your last day of probation or parole. It is rarely ever from the date of conviction. If your felony is a sex offense you are going to have one hell of a time finding anyone to hire you. There are two reasons for this and both have to do with insurance. SO's have a "restriction" on your license. Insurance won't cover anyone with a restriction. If they do, the cost will be so high for the company that they won't make money on you. Next is a bonding issue. Every company bonds their drivers in the event they decide to steal the cargo and sell it, or commit another crime while driving. Now many states offer bonding for felons at no cost to the employee or the company. It does involve paperwork and a bit of time. Most companies are not willing to go through that if they have thousands of other clean applicants to chose from. You would have to have some exceptional skills to make it worth the company's efforts. That bonding is via your Dept. of Labor. Basically it boils down to one simple thing, the trucking industry has too many clean applicants to chose from.

Paul1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

ballsofsteel in Omaha, Nebraska said: I am a former owner operator that was leased to a company. I have six years of experience. My career was ended in December of 2006 when I was arrested driving my personal vehicle under the influence of alcohol. However I was convicted of willfull reckless driving not DUI however the DOT says to bad so sad and took my CDL for 1 year. I am able toget my CDL back in January 2007 but the company I was leased with can't get me insured until January 2008. Does anyone know will be easier for me to get insurance if I have my obtain my own authority?

The reason for that is because on your criminal record it still states that your original arrest was for DUI. You can't change that. An FYI to everyone with a criminal background; you certainly have the right to file for an expungement of your record. If its old enough you may succeed. It runs anywhere from $1,500 to as much as $5,000, depending on the nature of the offense, how many you have, and the quality of the attorney you chose to hire. It is not guaranteed to happen and you don't get a refund if it is turned down. The two major issues that will prevent anyone from getting hired as a trucker are DUIs and sex offenses. I don't understand why anyone who drives for a living would ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle and drive drunk. That's your bread & butter, why would you ever jeapordize that? It is 100% preventable...don't do it! Walk, call a cab, or ask a sober friend to drive you, but don't do it! Right now the Feds are starting to ask states to reduce the legal limits of the BAC from .08 down to .05. If you have one glass of wine while dining out with your family you are done! Ridiculous? Absolutely! But, if it does change, the law is the law. If you drive for a living it isn't worth it. Most states will pass it because the Feds are attaching highway money to it. If they pass it they get the money. It's a no-brainer!

aomiecinski

23 months ago

Hi, I am looking to recruit drivers at all of my US locations (below). Our drivers are well trained, dedicated, smart and TOUGH. They have to be, because our success depends on them every single day. A&R drivers are continually challenged & respected.

Apply now via email at driverjobs@artransport.com.

Our Current Locations:

Jeffersonville, IN
Cleveland, OH
Philadelphia, PA
Columbus, OH
Springfield, MA
Decatur, AL
College Park, GA
Parkersburg, WV
Florence, SC
Charlotte, NC
Baton Rouge, LA
Joliet, IL
Chesapeake, VA
Fort Worth, TX
Buena Park, CA
San Bernardino, CA
Jackson, TN
Stockton, CA
Terre Haute, IN

aomiecinski

23 months ago

Ash in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hi my name is Ash i graduated from truck driving school in 2007 i drove for 10 months with in this 10 months i have 3 preventable accidents all these accidents where very miner scarching paint not more than $50.00.I got discharged from my job. On my Dac Report it says Unsatisfactory saftey record.Now this time i want to go back to driving trucks i didn't have any tickets i am clean.Please help me get a trucking job.

Hi, I am a recruiter for A&R Logistics, Inc. We have locations all over the US and we are looking for owner operators and company drivers both. It's a great company to work for. We take care of our drivers. We are growing rapidly. Please contact us at driverjobs@artransport.com! - Amy

Jennifer Washington in Mobile, Alabama

23 months ago

Faith

Can't find a job I have only 3 month tractor trailer experience . And I have one incidence on my dac report for high hooking the truck can u help me e mail me @ jenniferwashington321@yahoo.com

Cindy in Manassas, Virginia

21 months ago

I am a recruiter hiring New Truck Driver Graduates on the east coast and mid west. If you are interested send me an email at cindy@jobs4truckdrivers.com

Requirements
• Must have graduated from an approved School in the last 12 months.
• Paid training while you are out with your driver trainer!
• Tuition reimbursement up to $6K – CALL FOR DETAILS!

XRPrice in Decatur, Georgia

19 months ago

westernstar in Bangor, Maine said: Hi out there my name is Rob i am an independent driver recruiter for those of you that are really looking for work please let me know i may be able to help depending on the offence and how long,I have 15 years plus in as a otr truck driver myself and have been in your shoes before so please email me at Lyshonr@live.com hope to hear from you guys

Hello
My name is Richard. I am looking to get back in the sattle after a four hear hiatus but thus far I have been unsucsessful in my attempt. I have driven for a food and also a beverage company in the past with one paid fine but no accidents. In total, I may have almost 5 years experience but can't land a job to save my life. I'm not sure if its the layover or the felony on my record over 17 years ago but that didnt affect me in the past so now im left guessing. I've only driven a reffer,dry van and Side loader up to 10 speeds but believe I can drive just about anything if I get behind the wheel. I am in a crunch and could really use some helpfull advise. Companies aren't even calling me back so at this point I realize I may need assistance. If theres any way you can help please contact me via e-mail at your earliest conveniance. I can be reached at narvaezus@Yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for your rapid response.

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

RonS1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Recruiters do not have hiring powers, and most do not even know their own company's rules on who qualifies and who doesn't. I graduated from trucking school on 03/29/2013 and have yet to find any job. Schools are a joke. If you don't have experience, or if you live in Delaware, you WILL NOT be hired by a major trucking company...ever! As far as I'm concerned I now just have a fancy Class D license.

Update: Since I posted the above I was finally accepted by Carolina Cargo (a/k/a Criminal Cargo). They don't pay for crap but the experience is priceless. They say they only pay .10 cpm but that's for both drivers whether your driving or not. You get another .05 cpm for all loads delivered on time (BFD!), and fuel bonuses every quarter. I applied to 79 different companies, 4 times to CC. The fourth time they called me. I read on their website that they want you to live within 150 miles of their terminal in Rock Hill, SC. I live 10 hours from them. If you're willing to travel there they will hire you. They only run from SC to LA and back. I love to travel so I'm ok with that. Once you make 3 round-trips you qualify for 5 days off. If stay and do 4 trips you get 6 days, 5 trips you get 7 days, and so on. Everyone says us newbies have to pay our dues. Well, this is it. I'll get paid crap for the first year but, after that, I'll apply elsewhere with my 1 year experience and move on. I have to be there on a Monday and orientation is Tues-Thurs. Thursday is when you drive around their yard and prove you can handle the rig, including backing. On Friday you roll, usually. It could be Sat. or Sun. depending on whether or not they have a truck and/or driver/trainer ready for you. CC does team driving only. Except for breaks and fuel the truck never stops. I've heard their trucks are crap but, you know what, I don't really care. When all you do is coast-to-coast the miles are going to pile on fast.

foureyes in Cottondale, Alabama

18 months ago

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS...

Hey Jeff,

There is this site where some companies will hire drivers with DUI's and little experience. Here are some truck driver jobs in Toledo, Ohio on that site:
truckdriverjobsinamerica.com/search/-in-Toledo%2C-OH.html

zarajack in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

Most of trucking companies expect clear driving record...but still if you try definitely you have chance of getting a job...don't lose your hope...

Faith in Addison, Michigan

17 months ago

Faith

Yes, I'm trying to find a job driving semis. I seem to be having trouble finding one.

jim in Port Charlotte, Florida

16 months ago

I have a drug felony from 1978. Is there any way of getting into trucking? I have a recruiter from a school (Truck Drivers Institute) that charged me to do a background search and it supposedly came up clean. He states that it is the same background search that trucking companies use. Can I trust Him? I have contacted several companies that provide company training and none of them would touch me, but I was honest with them up front. Ay help would be greatly appreciated

gettruckin71 in Springfield, Illinois

16 months ago

I've been driving for over 20 years now have a class A CDL and just because i have been out of truck for the last year due to medical reasons i'm having a hard time gettin hired cuz i guess they think i've somehow forgotten how to drive and so they want to stick me with a trainer for a couple weeks. I don't think so and won't be insulted that way. I do have a couple speeding tickets on my record in the last 3 years but they were in a personal vehicle not a truck.

Dustin Lacey in Calera, Alabama

16 months ago

gettruckin71 in Springfield, Illinois said: I've been driving for over 20 years now have a class A CDL and just because i have been out of truck for the last year due to medical reasons i'm having a hard time gettin hired cuz i guess they think i've somehow forgotten how to drive and so they want to stick me with a trainer for a couple weeks. I don't think so and won't be insulted that way. I do have a couple speeding tickets on my record in the last 3 years but they were in a personal vehicle not a truck.

Try pgt trucking they picked me up.

ghar in Laurel, Maryland

16 months ago

jim,

I have a truck available, contact me ghartruckingllc@gmail.com

CDL A Driver Services in Clinton Township, Michigan

16 months ago

We Have CDL A Driving positions Available For All Levels of experience in the Trucking Industry We Are Looking for every one from Students To owner operators. WWW.jobs4drivers.weebly.com cdltrans@yahoo.com

Gord Tangen in Edmonton, Alberta

13 months ago

I here you guys real well here in Canada I got to wonder how the the legal system works I know of two guys that where season drivers both of them have had five 5 impairs and are still driving today but I have 1 accident due to black ice and cleared of all charges by the DOT and RCMP it took me two tears to get another good paying job. I even had to drive school bus and take driver deffence safety course

otrrecruiter@aol.com in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

13 months ago

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction . Is there a company that would consider me?

Did you find a driving job yet?

otrrecruiter@aol.com in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

13 months ago

Did you find a driving job yet?

Derrick Adams

12 months ago

I HAD A WRECK ON 11-26-2012 BRAKES FAILED ON THE TRUCK AND I DID EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO KEEP FROM HURTING ANYBODY I TOOK THE TURNING LANE AND IT WENT IN THE TURN TO FAST AND THE TRUCK TURNED OVER I CAN'T GET A JOB ANYWHERE can anyone help me

aleca09 in Sandy, Utah

11 months ago

if you are looking a job, we have an opportunity for you
in Utah.

contact me aleca09@hotmail.com

Paydro in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

9 months ago

Felix Butler in Tifton, Georgia said: i had an open container charge almost 3 years ago can u help me get in touch with me at Felix_butler01@hotmail.com

How are things now

Slick in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

A failed test will stay with you a minimum of 3yrs. You have to sign a release form so previius employers are checked. Also im sure Epes reports to Dac. Ive gotten around this a couple of times. If you worked for Epes for a while and are still in that 3 yr window, it will be very difficult. Dac, on the other hand, isnt too bad because your highest paying jobs(local) dont use them. Unless you can cover up your employment with Epes youll have to wait the 3 yrs. They cant release the test info beyond 3 yrs. But you still will need to give a reason you left.

8 months ago

Dac is a one way street. Years ago a regional company told me they couldnt hire me cause my Dac showed to licences, in NJ where i live and PA. Ive never lived in PA or worked in PA. Its amazing the amount of false info they contain. All i did was start driving local. Better pay, benefits, health and life. Theres been talk of a class action suit against DAC because of how they operate and the vast number of drivers they have wronged.

8 months ago

Back in Jan of 1999 i hit an American Airlines 747 by gate 64 at the Phila airport. Ive been hired for any driving job ive applied for since. Its how you present yourself.

james in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

Do you own your own truck 18wheeler or dump truck? If so got a job for you in Atlanta for 6mths at 5k a week... Email me at jwil1984@yahoo.coM

james in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

Hey Jim do you have one truck or multiple trucks? I have a 6mth job in Atlanta that requires a dump truck or a 18 wheeler that pays 5k a week if you interested contact me at jwil1984@yahoo.com

jlo in Texas

5 months ago

Does anyone have info of carolina cargo, i would appreciate info a.s.a.p. i got a pre-hire letter...

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

5 months ago

jlo in Texas said: Does anyone have info of carolina cargo, i would appreciate info a.s.a.p. i got a pre-hire letter...

If you have a good record then I would strongly suggest going elsewhere.Carolina Cargo hires felons and they are probably the lowest paid carrier there is,even lower then Swift and Werner combined.If you don't mind working for free then go there otherwise keep looking.They have forced long haul dispatch and ecspects you to be physically fit.So that right there tells me if you get sick and not able to drive they'll probably put something on your Dac Report and may result in getting terminated.I know someone from online that went thru training at CC.He was very unhappy and when he requested another trainer,the would not honor his request.He worked his azz off thru training pretty much for free.Dont know if hes still there but I doubt he is.You won't be happy with CC.

Alex in Lakewood, Ohio

5 months ago

i need drivers for step deck most have 1 year experience i do pay really good looking for hard workers if you have CDL.... email me please..... kavkazec256@gmail.com

aleca09 in Sandy, Utah

5 months ago

Do you live in Utah? Windstar is looking for dedicated, responsible, reliable, over the road truck drivers, who want a better driving experience with a great company! we are Hiring Full Time Permanent OTR Drivers, with the best rate in the market, also you can enjoy the following benefits like:
Be on time at home every eight (8) days,
Inmediate reloads
New equipment
Quick pay
The deliveries always are in the same locations
send your resume to viscontitransport@hotmail.com

aleca09 in Sandy, Utah

5 months ago

I can help you write me to viscontitransport@hotmail.com

carrollbunnell56 in Mineral Wells, Texas

5 months ago

Faith
my cdl been suspend in september last year i get back now is there company out there that will hire me now with DWI on my i have 4 DWI on my life 35 years driving

carrollbunnell56 in Mineral Wells, Texas

5 months ago

i been drving 35 years i got a DWI in 09-15-2014 my CDL is 11-2014 of this years wend get them back back is there company out there that will hire me with4 DWI on my MVR for life Email carrollbunnell56@yahoo.com

Page:  « First « Previous   21  22  23  24   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.