Comments (101 to 150 of 1202)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Terry in Omaha, Nebraska

81 months ago

I would advise you to do the same. Sue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monty in rowlett, Texas

81 months ago

need help. lost my job 6 months ago due to positive random test. this job had nothing to do with trucking but it was a safety sensitive job and was reported to the DOT. I just got my cdl class A about a week ago. I have nothing on my driving report. should i tell employers why i got fired or will they find out anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Modesto, California

81 months ago

$2800.00 & 4 weeks later Graduated from Trucking school with an A Grade and a 97% on the DMV test . I was now a Class A Truck Lic. Proffesional . Feeling good about myself , I took my Tanker and my Doubles test and got the endorsements . I was eager to start my new Career . It has been 2 months and NO ONE will hire me because I have no experience other than OTR . I have a very good record with no DUI or felonies . I have been submitting resumes daily , and now I feel like a Jackass , because finally , one company told me no one will touch me with a ten foot pole unless I sign up with an OTR company and get at least a couple of months more training . I feel I was misled by the Truck School I went to , they said I'd have no problem finding a job . Now I find out I have to sign up with an OTR Co. ? Driving a big rig is not that difficult , I think the business is a racket , where everybody has their hand out . From the Truck schools that teach you not enough , to the OTR big companies that train you more , to the DMV , the list goes on . I had one Trucking Employer tell me to not go in to trucking , quote "Dude , trucking s**ks" . What A let down .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia

81 months ago

You should have no problem in getting a dring JOB now since the Big Rig have gone on strike and companies need drivers. Try for a couple months go with team operation and no I dont like team status but the companies will give you a faster chance over a solo position and you never drove over the road before I am experienced and that reason as you can consider is due to the insurance companies not the trucking companies. So please be patient and give it some time the doors will slam wide open and the next thing you know you some 2000 miles away from home for 4 to 6 weeks.
GOOD LUCK
Experienced
in Evington Va.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

If they ask I would tell I would share it if only they asked just state I can explain only if you asked of, if you state to much then it will be cause for random testing to the point you wont be happy and may cause a relapse so be positive and take one day at a time
GOOK LUCK

Ed C in Nashville, Tennessee

81 months ago

I failed a random drug test in 01/2008 for marijuana. I was fired from my job with Epes Transport. I have been going all the outpatient rehab and re-education that was set out for me by the SAP. I have been declared eligible to drive commercial vehicles again. I am having a hard time getting employment. I have 15+ verifiable years of safe driving. What can I do?

81 months ago

You may as well get you a fifty and a bag of erb and hit rock bottom it will be a long time befire anyone will give you a chance with a positive test unless you fight it and pay for the next testing.

Russ Davis in Williamston, South Carolina

81 months ago

If you can't spell "truck" you probably shouln't drive one.......

chris in Madison, Wisconsin

81 months ago

dose anyone know why Companys expecialy Trucking Companys don't heir Felons unless it's 10 years or older.is it the insurance companys dont want to heir a Liability or is it some kind of federal law were they can't.Im planing on goning to the driving school out here and they tell me they can pre heir through 2 trucking companys that heir through the school but im still concerned they wont heir me after I get my CDL,A,Tanker,Double/Triple,Hazmat the school is 4 weeks full time and will cost me almost $5,000

81 months ago

dose anyone know why Companys expecialy Trucking Companys don't heir Felons unless it's 10 years or older.is it the insurance companys dont want to heir a Liability or is it some kind of federal law were they can't.Im planing on goning to the driving school out here and they tell me they can pre heir through 2 trucking companys that heir through the school but im still concerned they wont heir me after I get my CDL,A,Tanker,Double/Triple,Hazmat the school is 4 weeks full time and will cost me almost $5,000

81 months ago

I am proof they will not heir you unless your Owner Operator and can afford the insurance. Get others to impute I know for fact I am living proof.

81 months ago

Like the other man said your 23 and cant spell the hightway is not for you so please keep it safe and dont be a trucker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I didnt realize this site was for Spelling Bee tryout's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Ifyou cant spell your sure as Hell cant read a map

81 months ago

All im trying to do is get a Opion on Truck Driving School if it's even worth the $$ I know I have a better chance just having a CDL but is it enough.Not to be judged on my Spelling And yes I can Read a Map haven't got lost yet anywere I been so far with just a Map maby People from Wisconsin can't read maps if they can't spell perfect.is this a trucking Forum or Spell check Site?

John Moore 3 in Edinburg, Illinois

81 months ago

chris in Madison, Wisconsin said: All im trying to do is get a Opion on Truck Driving School if it's even worth the $$ I know I have a better chance just having a CDL but is it enough.Not to be judged on my Spelling And yes I can Read a Map haven't got lost yet anywere I been so far with just a Map maby People from Wisconsin can't read maps if they can't spell perfect.is this a trucking Forum or Spell check Site?

Chris, The problem with a felony is mostly insurance. There are federal and state programs that will fund part of your employment salary with a trucking outfit. You will have to search your specific areas. The problem with the trucking school is that Hazmat requires you to be fingerprinted with the FBI/Homeland Security. You may not receive a Hazmat reguarding the Felony! Serious waste of money. There are county grant programs that will virtually pay all school costs, again you'll have to look around the Unemployment Office in your areas. GPS makes map reading not so much a big deal anymore.

81 months ago

I tell you hat if your wanting to drive then lets TEAM and do what we can and make this trucking business work that is if you want to drive TRUE OTR

81 months ago

Here again the person who wrote such a lame reply is the TRUE AHOLE here I thought the same and I am now working for VDOT and I have a clean record since 2001

81 months ago

HERE again wrong you have the funds you can have that expunged.

81 months ago

Back to seriousness I am LeRoy of Evington Va., I too have a felony on my history for my personal reasoning I wont share but I didnt kill no one and surely no child was involved just to clear that up for some of these so smart thinking ahead and judging people who really reads the forums. Well back to the facts I found this agengcy here in Lynchburg Va that help find you jobs and once I signed up and proved I was seriously wanting to go back to trucking and all the turndowns of no's I was offered school as a refreasher course and I went 6 weeks to Southside Community College of Virginia once you sign up they first ask are you able to pay the $1600.00 if not they dont shut the doors on you your directed to a department to file for a GRANT and within 24 hours your contacted of approval or other any way once approved your in and I would say yes take the class as I did and still turned down as I too didnt have HASMAT I was contacted by an temp agency to go to work for VDOT I have been there now 5 weeks and love the work and travel requiring a CDL A and the pay is good too with lots of time off as I am 50 so see good things happen to good people if your determind and even if you get 40 no.s or excuses dont give up and good soldier never stops in battle he picks up his head and crawl pone more day.
GOOD LUCK IN VA
LeRoy mountainboy24680@yahoo.com
when you graduate email me back and update me.

Fred in Williamsburg, Virginia

81 months ago

LeRoy in Lynchburg, Virginia said: HERE again wrong you have the funds you can have that expunged.

Don't get me wrong I'm not doubting you just interested. Unfortunately, under the current laws in Virginia you must meet one of 3 stipulations for expungement. According to Virginia code Section 19.2-392.2 "The first is if you are found not guilty of a charge by the court. The second is if the commonwealth attorney takes a nolle prosequi or the charge is otherwise dismissed against the defendant. Third, an expungement may be ordered if the defendant is granted an absolute pardon for a crime of which he was unjustly convicted. The key to remember with all three scenarios is that an expungement will only be available to a defendant who is innocent."

If you are guilty there is no longer a mechanism in Virginia law for expungement. Other states still allow it. That's why I am interested in some of the particulars of your case Leroy, as I have some past mistakes that I would like to be able to forget about.

81 months ago

All I can say is money is the master to all cases presnet money and see where it takes you unless you can afford the 11 years to wait. I do know if they can pardon an felon of Brookneal and now can purchase weapons and ammo for the Police of Campbell County and hold a position normally a felon cant hold then we I and you can get what we are wanting just search and ask the right persons.
LeRoy

Feuster in albany, New York

81 months ago

Kevin in Modesto, California said: $2800.00 & 4 weeks later Graduated from Trucking school with an A Grade and a 97% on the DMV test . I was now a Class A Truck Lic. Proffesional . Feeling good about myself , I took my Tanker and my Doubles test and got the endorsements . I was eager to start my new Career . It has been 2 months and NO ONE will hire me because I have no experience other than OTR . I have a very good record with no DUI or felonies . I have been submitting resumes daily , and now I feel like a Jackass , because finally , one company told me no one will touch me with a ten foot pole unless I sign up with an OTR company and get at least a couple of months more training . I feel I was misled by the Truck School I went to , they said I'd have no problem finding a job . Now I find out I have to sign up with an OTR Co. ? Driving a big rig is not that difficult , I think the business is a racket , where everybody has their hand out . From the Truck schools that teach you not enough , to the OTR big companies that train you more , to the DMV , the list goes on . I had one Trucking Employer tell me to not go in to trucking , quote "Dude , trucking s**ks" . What A let down .

-I'm confused!You graduated from a driving school and you have OTR(over the road) experience? Maybe you are confused. Most "GOOD" companies will not hire you for local work without 1-2 years "OTR" experience.
-My advice to anybody wanting to get their CDL is get pre hired from a company that will pay for your school. You may have to sign a 1-2 year contract with that company, but you will get your cdl for no $$ and after your contract you will have your experience to go to just about any company you want.
-After you get this experience get into a specialized industry ie.car hauling,oversize loads etc.This is where you WILL make serious money. I have hauled new cars for 4 years(been driving truck for 13)my worst paying year I made $61k.(I became a single parent that year)

CARRIE in Melbourne, Florida

81 months ago

HOW ARE YOU MAKING MONEY ONLINE ME AND MY SISTER ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD WORK AT HOME JOBS CAN YOU GIVE US SOME TIPS...THANKS CARRIE

Feuster in albany, New York

81 months ago

Just got the message. I'm looking at several things now. Learning the ropes.My first site is retirementincome.webs.com As I said it's my first and i'm still learning.I have some good places to get free info on IM( internet marketing)I will send those out later 2nite. when I have more time. Thanks for the question.

Jason in Amory, Mississippi

80 months ago

larsen in Lincoln, Nebraska said: Hi gays! I am 23 and I am old enough to have my CDL! I passed first ( writing, but it was computer) test and got commercial learners permit. Iam looking for a "third party driver" for driving training. I have known a track becouse my father was a track driver. For any advise I will be thankfull.

how did you pass a written exam, you yet you cant spell truck or guys

80 months ago

Without experience your blowing money down a pipe dream not to discourage you but to be real and honest I am a truck driver and have 19 years behind me once you find a company and you then find yourself unsatisfied you cant get up and leave as there is a DAC report of your job service whick is as harsh as N.C.I.C of the state police.
But here again I will give you my best
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE becomming a TRUCKER.

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

80 months ago

Some trucking compaines have policy, if you are spotted at
a bar, you can be terminated, I can just imagine how they
feel about people with records, then they wonder why a trucking
company will not hire you, then someone else says its insurance, maybe
partial insurance, but most employeers on avg will not employ
someone with a record, not just trucking companies. can you blame them? you had the same chance everyone else has, but you choose a life of crime, and it does not matter if you killed anyone, or was related to a child or not, a felony is a felony, does not really matter what you did.

I also see one guy with an attitude saying if you cant spell, then dont drive, im thinking that is the least of anyone troubles, maybe the one with the attitude should not be driving at all, i am the worst speller, and i have 12 years experiance.

and another person says if you want to drive, become an owner operator, it does not matter...think about it, HR is not going to hire a felon to become an operator of one of their trucks...company truck or O/O, if you had an accident, the first questions will be: You had a felon behind the wheel??

for those 1 in a million that is lucky enough to get behind the
wheel again, good for you, on the most part, companies in general
will not hire felons much less put them behind the wheel. I would say most with a felony record will never get behind the wheel again, or
for a very long time. Its hard enough to get a job with a mister., speeding or running a light for the first time...trucking compaines take your driving/criminal record very serious, almost like religion...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

You state all that but too as WE all know everyone in the WHITEHOUSE has not clean records either so how can you be so hard on the crimes truckers perform, we all have come short and not perfect but too there is a thing called SECOND CHANCE if your serious enought believe me or not I am one LIVING proof I had DUI'S I wont say how many as there are also people seeing this site but too I know they too can seek your history if they want to push the issue but I now hold a wonderful position and I would not think of jepordizing the opportunity I own at this time in driving and making GREAT money as a CDL A Operator. I hoe this helps.

Fred in Williamsburg, Virginia

80 months ago

I have to say that being convicted of a crime is much different than choosing a life of crime. If you are an experienced driver you know you are one mistake away from being a felon at all times. Try being at fault in an accident where someone is seriously injured. Manslaughter anyone? Also most of the larger companies will hire felons, the offense must be 5-10 years old depending on the company and cannot involve a child.

80 months ago

I am currently a Student at a Truck Driving School in Wisconsin and I have talked to Trucking Companys about my Felony Conviction I have 2 of them on in 1998 and 1 in 2000 for the same thing they were not for drugs or weapons or even DUI I took somthing without permission I was young and verry stupid.I have learned from them mistakes and decided to pit myself through school so I could have a good career I would enjoy.But I was told to waite 8-10 years before I did anything.Trucking companys will give you a chance if the proper amount of time has passed and your just honest about it.I haven't gotten a stable offer but many Trucking Co's have been talking to me so I can only hope somthing good happens.Keep trying & don't give up everyone wont say no just got to find them

jimmy in Franklin, North Carolina

80 months ago

im looking to go into truck driving i do not have my cdl yeat, my father and mother drive team and have for 19 years , ive drove lots of times with out anybody knowing lol, trucks worked on them and even rebuilt them . i can do anything i want to do , i do construction now and other odd and ends , i got a dui 6 years ago but i no longer drink or party ,im 36 married 14 years, 3 great girls also looking for some one who is willing to have a good man that to work for them and that will be commited to them also , im not god and im not perfect but i have accomplished anything ive wanted to do all the way to custom pait and body work to welding to drag motors god gifted me with common sense,I need a littel help getting my cdls i can drive anything with wheels on it from a mack with double shifters to a 13 speed peter built and ive never had a accident .Ive even raced dirt track for 2 years with 35 1st places . i belive with a littel thought you can do anything thinking it threw. my email is gojo2873@yahoo.com / cell# 828-342-6929

Garywayne1961 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Im thinking of tring to get my CDL. The thing keeping me from doing it is my criminal record. Would it be a watse of time for me to try?

Beau Saunders in Lynchburg, Virginia

80 months ago

I was convicted of reckless driving(general) last year in VA. I have over ten years experience driving 18 whlers. I have been turned down by a few OTR companies. Is there any local or regional companies that will consider me and I'm willing to relocate if I have to.

LeRoy Barksdale in Evington, Virginia

80 months ago

Not at all I have a felony and a misdameaner and I got my CDL A and I got a job as a driver its just how hard your truely wanti it. By now means am I bragging I will be the first to state how dumb I was at this action of my past.
GOOD LUCK

Garywayne1961 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

LeRoy Barksdale in Evington, Virginia said: Not at all I have a felony and a misdameaner and I got my CDL A and I got a job as a driver its just how hard your truely wanti it. By now means am I bragging I will be the first to state how dumb I was at this action of my past.
GOOD LUCK

I can relate what your saing about the past...Being stupid is an understatement. Maybe if you got the time you could tell me the best route to take to get things started.

80 months ago

Well I must say and its only the treuth you must believe in GOD nad all things are possible now am I trying to sell you religion not at all.But I will admit I had bad days and days not good at all as I felt everything and everyone was against me and what I said but I knew myself and I am a fighter and here I am YES it took me 9 years now do you have that much time to invest in not driving I think not but too it was all I knew and could do I tryed cutting grass and painting houses and roofing and plumbling but it was not any of my skills so when I was available to get my CDL A back I did all I could I went to defensive drive school and a refresher course and Yes there are Grants out there that will help you if your will to do the research I will help all I can to point you in the right direction but too it depends on your efforts and your state what is allowed so here I am I hope this helps and if you need give me your number I will make the call and go from there.
LeRoy
Va

80 months ago

I am not sure what part of Va but there are a few companies in the Lynchburg Va are H/T or Harris Trucking and LCT on 29 south and several others in the Hill City area.

Beau Saunders in Lynchburg, Virginia

80 months ago

Thanks, I'll try them again and check out others in the area. I'm also a fighter and will not quit anytime soon. I've been driving too long and enjoy it too much,so if I have to wait a year or two, so be it. Thanks again, Beau

cluck/cluck whoop whoop truck it up

80 months ago

Jeff in Toledo, Ohio said: I recently graduated from TDDS . I had perfect attendance, made the honor roll and I am having trouble finding a trucking company to hire me. I had a DUI in 1995 and one in 1997 but a clean driving record since and no criminal record. The other problem I have is that I can only verify about 18 months of the last 3 years of my work history because I worked in construction. Is there a company that would consider me?

well hello jeff being a new hand or and old hand like myself, u have to pay ur dues. look at company like tmc,swift,big company that hirer new hands like ur self. hope see on the big road one cluck/cluck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Omaha, Nebraska

80 months ago

roy in Valencia, California said: I was a truck driver for 33 yrs over 3 million accident free miles a few minor tickets over the yrs got my first dui in my car in march of 06 nobody will hire me.

The only way around the DUI if its less than 3 to 5 years is to get your own authority. To get insurance you will have to go through your state high risk insurance fund 1 million of liability is about $15,000 a year.

jay999 in Southfield, Michigan

79 months ago

HIGHTECHREDNECK in Ranson, West Virginia said: STAY AWAY FROM SCHNEIDER!!! NOT WORKING AT ALL IS BETTER THAN WORKING FOR THEM

I drove pumpkin trucks in the early 90's.
After pissing off my STL on day, I strongly believe he, or his brother, went out after me on the road and slashed 10 of my tires on the PA pike. (at a service plaza.)
No steer tires were punctured, but it took like 10 hours for them to get a truck to come out for repairs.

The STL's are notorius. Even the service managers get in your face too.

Joe in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

79 months ago

I Have 10 years of equipment operating and 4 of over the road dwiving.Got my first DWI a year ago and can't find a trucking job.I regret that day because a week after I lost my job i found out that my wife was pregnant with twin boys.I'm just hoping that I can get my job back driving trucks.I haven't touched a beer since.I regret.

LeRoy Barksdale in Lynchburg, Virginia

79 months ago

To be honest you made your mistake and take this as a BLESSING FROM GOD now what to do it affects your license for one year as a CDL A driver you will be required normally to take a CDL Drivers Improvment Course I had too, secondly DO NOT BE PROUD now seek support you paid for the sevices each check you made you paid STATE and FEDERAL taxes as we all did and there are percentages taken out to supply the programs of State support meaning EBT or Food Stamps ( YES I SAID FOOD STAMPS) you have children and there are support within the agentcy to halp with the babies via WIC and other neded support and take your part. WE you and I have paid for these via our pay checks and if you dont use it then there will be others that will and at todays prices and living cost Proud in what needs to be put on the back burner as the government puts these laws on us and yes we I and you made a bad choice one night and should we pay for the rest of our life I think not and neither does the government they will keep dollaring you to death for that one night of a bad decision so what am I saying MAN think of your kids and wife and the stress lighten it in life so your family wont have that problem as money is a crisis now just leran from it and pray alot to our maker and God wont put no more on you than you cant handle. If you knew my history you can see I am right and maybe one day I will share it I am in no way Proud of my stupid mistakes and I am glad God died for my sins and I have another day to count my blessing and yes I now hold a CDL A once again.
God Bless

John in Modesto, California

79 months ago

My license was suspended last june for a wet reckless (other than that it's clean) I got on 1/13/07 I'm going to be able to get my license back 6/16/08 does anyone know of a company that will hire people with a wet reckless? I have 3 years of experience. I would like to find a local job doesn't matter what state it is in I will move. If I can't find a local job I'd be willing to drive OTR or dedicated hopefully get a lease for the OTR job.

Are there still states you can move to where your driving record doesn't follow you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Good Luck
mountainboy24680@yahoo.com
LeRoy Virginia / Lynchburg
Email me outside this box as I am not able to answewr you question in a positive way here

mike in Delta, Colorado

79 months ago

I do not feel sorry for those who has got an dui and then wish to get behind a big rig, why would any company want to hire someone who has put the public in danger, I do not think that anyone who has had a dui should ever driver a big rig, unless he or she has proven to society that they would be responsible and a profesional driver, I do not understand how anyone could get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car, these people are only thinking about theirselves and have no real regard for the public. so my thoughts are drinking and driving do not mix. and a person who has had a dui and then are seeking to get a cdl should be carefully examined to make sure that they will never get drink and drive again. accidents happen in a split second and it could mean a person getting killed or a whole family on a vacation and be wiped out because of a person who decided to driver while intoxacated, I am totally against someone who is a repeated drunk driver to ever have a cdl in their position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

79 months ago

there is no difference in a lot.All sin is equal and we all sin and make mistakes.God does forgive and he gave me another chance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Some of us I am one can say yes I made bad choices and thank GOD I must say I am the only one to suffer and too I learned from it and yes I took my profession for granted and I am so thankful and thoughful of all those that I share these highways with as a truck driver but here again if it is your time not a drunk driver nor anyone here replying to these forums can stop it that is the will of Our Farther not the drunk drivers.

HAPPY FARTHERS DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS AND TRUCK DRIVERS THAT ARE FARTHERS.

SSS in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I know all too well how much of a pain it is to get a job driving with any mvr infractions. Especially if you are under the age of 23. Anyways I am not sure if anyone answered this or not(I don't feel like sifting through all 4 pages of comments) but it is indeed possible to have your mvr cleared. My aunt did it..my best advice it to get a free consultation by a attorney and see what they tell you. I am going to be looking into it shortly for myself...it's even hard for me to get a class b job let alone a class a...and I don't even have any dui's just 2 speeding tickets spread out over 5 years and my last one was 2 and half years ago.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.