Class B CDL jobs with no experience? local?

Comments (51 to 100 of 729)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

biiny in Streamwood, Illinois

76 months ago

driver job

2FAT2FARM in Butler, Kentucky

75 months ago

Ok,so I'm new to the forum.A couple questions for your feedback.So help me understand,driving schools with placement help..worth the money or not?
For a newbee,looking for work,would work be easier to find if you own a truck?
I you had to start form scratch,what type of truck would be most hire-able?
Whats the deal with all these pickup's hauling cars,freight,etc?Is this a viable route to producing added income?
Any thoughts,comments welcomed!

Shannon in Glendale, California

75 months ago

find a new career.

kathy02001 in Montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

no dont go out and buy your own truck it to much to take on
go company let them take care of you after you get experience then buy this day and time companies are slow to hire anyone even trucker take it from olies trucker

75 months ago

Check this out. I am looking for a class b driving gig in the L.A. area if anyone fears of anything.

newbie in Round Lake, Illinois

75 months ago

manuel a mantilla in Chicago, Illinois said: Whats up scott I have been having my CDL (A) since 10/24/08 and I have been looking perfusly(excuse my spelling I suck) well any way every one at first every one was telling me that they would start hiorring at the first of the newe year that there is a hirring freez but it sound like bull.But if you are thinking of getting in to driving with a B CDL I think you would be OK do you have a criminal back ground if so that will get in the way that is one of the reasons that is part of the problem.I would advise you to go a head if no criminal back ground descent driving record no DUI less than 3 moving violation in 3 in 1 yr and one requirement is that you have a steady work history.well I hope that every thing works out for you,later

hey compa you found a trabajo yet?

cementman80241

75 months ago

Scott_Ent1 in Chicago, Illinois said: I'm thinking about starting Star truck driving school here in IL. I would like to get a class B CDL. My question for you people that have had a CDL for a while is this.... I have been looking at class B CDL jobs around here, and it just seems like they all want at LEAST 1 year driving experience. If I graduated from Star trucking school would I just be screwed and not be able to find a local job??

Thanks in advance guys.
-scott.

Scott ,
If you apply for O T R School to get your A CDL your Better off there is a Million jobs for a A liceince I have had A Class B CDL since 1987 And now I wish it was an A CDL. if you go to the right school and have a good Driving Record they will jump at you for a to give you a Job. I lost my job with Rocky Mountain Ready Mix on 1/15/09 and I've been looking......
I'm Debating on On trying Stevens TransPort they pay your way and you work for them for a year or they also give you a lease Option ...

Hope that what I said helped you

I've been driving a Cement mixer for the last 8 years in Denver Colorado

Good Luck

Cementman80241
Cementman80241@peoplepc.com

cementman80241

75 months ago

Scott_Ent1 in Chicago, Illinois said: I'm thinking about starting Star truck driving school here in IL. I would like to get a class B CDL. My question for you people that have had a CDL for a while is this.... I have been looking at class B CDL jobs around here, and it just seems like they all want at LEAST 1 year driving experience. If I graduated from Star trucking school would I just be screwed and not be able to find a local job??

Thanks in advance guys.
-scott.

Scott ,
If you apply for O T R School to get your A CDL your Better off there is a Million jobs for a A liceince I have had A Class B CDL since 1987 And now I wish it was an A CDL. If you go to the right school and have a good Driving Record they will jump at you to give you a Job. I lost my job with Rocky Mountain Ready Mix on 1/15/09 and I've been looking......
I'm Debating on trying Stevens TransPort they pay your way and you work for them for a year or they also give you a lease Option ...

Hope that what I said helped you

I've been driving a Cement mixer for the last 8 years in Denver Colorado

Good Luck

Cementman80241
Cementman80241@peoplepc.com

75 months ago

eric 25 in Los Angeles, California said: [QUOTE who="eric 25
in EL MONTE, California"]i have my class b licence for about 3 years. And at the moment I am getting payed 21.40[/QUOTE

Eric, Wher du You work?

DOUG in Clinton, Maryland

75 months ago

snoop in Jackson, New Jersey said: I had my cdl class b 4 3 weeks and i cant get or find a job because i need experience...The only way 2 get that is 2 go over the road and i cant do that because of my kids so what can i do?

What i did was went to a local mom,,pop trash company thet will train plus they pay is ok.

75 months ago

Thank You for the repeated encouragement in Your moment. Good luck to You as well.

kyle in Minneapolis, Minnesota

75 months ago

i just got my class A and i dont have any experience and im 19 years old and most companys dont take anyone that younger than 21. what can i do?

75 months ago

eric in Montebello, California said: i have my class b licence for about 3 years. And at the moment I am getting payed 21.40

Wher do You work?

DOUG in Clinton, Maryland

75 months ago

kyle in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: i just got my class A and i dont have any experience and im 19 years old and most companys dont take anyone that younger than 21. what can i do?

try and find a company in you area

Frank Perrotta

75 months ago

Yvette H. in Elmwood Park, Illinois said: Try Pace bus (it's the suburban CTA). Not only do they provide paid training they start at $15.40 an hour. Every garage pays differenly, but I work in DesPlaines, IL (Northwest garage) and this is what I started off with. We are a union shop, so you will regularly recieve raises (top pay is $22.50 at my garage). If you are willing to work some weekends, holidays and even split shifts, hey why not!
Yvette i live in Boca Raton Fl.Iwas born and raised in Elmwood Pk.Went to E.P.HIGH was the Tigers QB and center fielder in baseball.Moved to Boca in 1990 went to the CDL SCHOOL last month in Miami but decided not to do the otr so i resigned.I would like more info on a class b and would take a job back in Chi-town my mother,sister and cousins live their.

ICanSpell in Tucson, Arizona

75 months ago

2FAT2FARM in Butler, Kentucky said: Ok,so I'm new to the forum.A couple questions for your feedback.So help me understand,driving schools with placement help..worth the money or not?
For a newbee,looking for work,would work be easier to find if you own a truck?
I you had to start form scratch,what type of truck would be most hire-able?
Whats the deal with all these pickup's hauling cars,freight,etc?Is this a viable route to producing added income?
Any thoughts,comments welcomed!

If you are thinking about a Driving School, go to one that will get you Pre-Employed, which is a letter from a trucking company saying that they will hire you upon successful completion of training.

I know there are several schools out there that does this.

wolde in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

would you tell me which kind company are you working in?

jeff whitmer in Plymouth, Indiana

75 months ago

i am unemployed iam thinging about up grade my liecene

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

75 months ago

Class B wannabe's ought to read all of the truck driver forums, especially "worst truck driving jobs". Most companies only want class A qualified CDL operators, even if their job is only for a Bobtail or a small Van.

75 months ago

Dont call me a wanabee!

75 months ago

DONT CALL ME A WANNABEE!

75 months ago

eric in Montebello, California said: i have my class b licence for about 3 years. And at the moment I am getting payed 21.40

Eric, Wher do You work in Montebello?

75 months ago

Thank You Jeff

doug in Clinton, Maryland

75 months ago

Shannon in Glendale, California said: Im not working at all right now. Im desperate for a job. I live in Ca.

if i was u iwould get my cdl

Shannon in Burbank, California

75 months ago

I have a class b C.D.L. with pas. and A/B.

Butch in Lewisburg, Tennessee

75 months ago

Hi Shannon in Cal.
How are you today?
I love reading this forum here.
I go back a few years having a chauffeur license, then to a special chauffeur.
I remember thinking . . . Wow! I could drive as a car butler back then, geez! I was so impressed . . . NOT!
I must admit I was glad all that was changed to CDL, lol.
When that changed I could have been grand fathered in but I thought.. heck! Let's see if I can pass OTR driver testing one more time..lol.
Yes I did, amazing...lol.
I started with a Class B. Then I thought, not enough so I received a CDL Class A with a few endorsements. I did this because I wanted to not because someone else thought I should do it.
Since I've been to many places including Canada. Now all I need is to learn more French lango.
Don't worry about anyone saying anything about which Class A or B you hold.
At least you have Class!

Brenda in Hudson, North Carolina

75 months ago

My husband and I are thinking of going to CDL school. We want to drive class A team. We did expedite driving for 5 yrs with a class b in the late 90's but have been doing other jobs since. What we want to do is go to school and then find a company that will train us together, we do not want to be out weeks/months apart training. I have been reading that the industry is suffering along with the rest of the country but I am wondering is that applying to teams as well? Are there any companines that will train teams together? Thanks for your comments!

75 months ago

Hi Brenda, I live in california, I think back east wher You live You wont have as many problems as we do here in California. Good luck.

75 months ago

Butch in Lewisburg, Tennessee said: Hi Shannon in Cal.
How are you today?
I love reading this forum here.
I go back a few years having a chauffeur license, then to a special chauffeur.
I remember thinking . . . Wow! I could drive as a car butler back then, geez! I was so impressed . . . NOT!
I must admit I was glad all that was changed to CDL, lol.
When that changed I could have been grand fathered in but I thought.. heck! Let's see if I can pass OTR driver testing one more time..lol.
Yes I did, amazing...lol.
I started with a Class B. Then I thought, not enough so I received a CDL Class A with a few endorsements. I did this because I wanted to not because someone else thought I should do it.
Since I've been to many places including Canada. Now all I need is to learn more French lango.
Don't worry about anyone saying anything about which Class A or B you hold.
At least you have Class!

Thanks Butch.

ericrs11 in Springfield, Missouri

75 months ago

Thanks in advance guys.
-scott.

yes you would your best bet is get a class a license and go otr for a year you might find someone that would hire you out of school but chances are the company sucks

75 months ago

Bro, I dont care if the company sucks anymore. I need a job BADDDDDDD. My church is all up in my case about not working. They think im an alci. I dont even drink that much.

someone in Ashland, Kentucky

75 months ago

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO FIND A NEW JOB:)

75 months ago

Mozzi in Champaign, Illinois said: That's right people, REALITY CHECK HERE FOLKS ! You don't have a clue how to drive or take care of a truck. Just because you passed some little test in an office that doesn't know anything about trucking doesn't mean that YOU know anything. You know $hit people, NOTHING !

Take that job with the small, good for nothing company that't running crap for equipment and learn from the experience. Learn how to drive, learn how to understand the truck, learn how to keep a truck running,LEARN, LEARN, LEARN.

For you truck driving school grads, you don't know $hit either... you all have so much to learn. You see us "experienced" guys out here doing what we do and it looks easy, but what you don't realize is that we had to learn too, and it take time... lots of time. My biggest lesson in trucking was after I'd been driving for 5 years, the lesson was that even with 5 years behind me, I still didn't know squat !
I have 25 years OTR, 48 states & Canada in all weather/seasons and mountians too pulling everything from flatbeds and stepdecks to vans, reefers, pnuematics and tanks... stretch trailers, oversize and what ever else. I've hauled everything from the kitchen sink to an airplain loaded with dope ! I've been followed, put in jail, and nearly fallen off of the side of a mountian.

EXPERIENCE doesn't come by sitting around and complaining on some forum, it comes by dropping your standards and taking what ever job you can, driving what ever piece of junk they give you and learning how to make that junk work for you.

Dood. You are ssssseariouisly AAAAAAAAAAAAAAngry. Calm Down Man. I know im a class B non trucker. Im a welder certified by the City Of L.A. I just got a Class B to help Me get a job with the City Of Burbank.

shutup in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

jason in Hanna, Wyoming said: here is what is worng with you i am a cdl holder and i have seen this done befor and if you get cought you and your frined will go to jail for a long time that is like laying to the goverment it is a feral crime they will find out when something goes worng and it will becuase you dont know what you are doing

no you will not go to jail for any amount of time at all. You just would not get hired if they did not believe it. Its good cdl test are multiple choice because your grammer is atrocious and you would surely have failed a written test, get the facts straight before you spread such wrong info.

75 months ago

DONT BE DISHONEST! ITS NO GOOOOOOOOD!

jeff whitmer in Warsaw, Indiana

75 months ago

yes that is correct i tried them they say one thing on phone but when you get to class the picture is differntand have you complete back ground in hand if not they will throw you out of class on your money

lion123 in Jersey City, New Jersey

75 months ago

I just graduate from E-Z WHEELS driving school in union city nj I got class A and I been aplying for job in many companies and the answer that I hear from them is you need at least one year experience. some companies recuire 3 and 6 months exp. but I just have mi lisence about 2 months ago and I havent found any job jet.please can some body tell me a company that could hire a new driver. I can work over the road,local, whatever. thanks.

harley in Cleveland, Tennessee

75 months ago

I have had my cdl's class A license with no prior record.
I am looking for a local job driving in or around dayton , chattanooga area. I have had these license for 7 YEARS. if anyu one can point the rihght direction please let me know.

75 months ago

lion123

usually when you go to truck driving school they put you in a truck with a trainer. This is were you will get your experience.
if they did not do that then you neeed to find out why

75 months ago

harley in Cleveland, Tennessee said: lion123

usually when you go to truck driving school they put you in a truck with a trainer. This is were you will get your experience.
if they did not do that then you neeed to find out why

harley is my nick name my ral name is david

75 months ago

The companys I have applyed for said they whant an employment history of commercial driving.

Butch in the boro in Spring Hill, Tennessee

75 months ago

harley in Cleveland, Tennessee said: I have had my cdl's class A license with no prior record.
I am looking for a local job driving in or around dayton , chattanooga area. I have had these license for 7 YEARS. if anyu one can point the rihght direction please let me know.

Conventant Trucking is in Chattanooga, TN. They were hiring according to a commercial just recently.
There is another one in Chattonooga also but I can't recall the name, something like Ex Press or close.
Hope that'll help you.

Ken K. in Royal Oak, Michigan

74 months ago

tj in Brick, New Jersey said: most over the road jobs are class a i just went to school to get a class a just keep looking and try to find a mom and pop dump truck place you got a better chance getting hired ther but iv never heard class b over the road unless you find a place hualing dirt with dumps call superior trucking school and ask for joe he might be able to help you he helps every one good luck

I live in a western suburb of Detroit and there is all kinds of OTR jobs for those with a B licence.Look on expeditersonline.com There is PantherII,Tri-state,ect. that go all over the country.

NIKKI in Buena Park, California

74 months ago

Shannon in Glendale, California said: Eric, Wher do You work in Montebello?

WHAT TYPE OF CLASS B DRIVER ARE YOU AND DID YOU NEED ANY PRIOR EXPERIENCE BEFORE THE COMPANY HIRED YOU, I HAVE A CLASS B L

NIKKI in Buena Park, California

74 months ago

WHAT TYPE OF CLASS B DRIVER ARE YOU AND DID YOU NEED ANY PRIOR EXPERIENCE BEFORE THE COMPANY HIRED YOU, I HAVE A CLASS B L WITH MIMIAMAL EXPERIENCE.

Ken K. in Royal Oak, Michigan

74 months ago

Nikki, You asked if there is any local jobs for a B driver? I don't know.I don't live in Califofnia.I live in Michigan.Around here B drivers are a dime a dozen and most of them make a living wearing a paper hat.I personally,have an A licence,but have driven mostly straight trucks.My comment was that if you wanted to get straight truck experience check expeditersonline.com.There are jobs out there but they are O.T.R. They will hire you with no experience.Here is where I'm going to give you some advice.Once you get your foot in the door,leave it there.You will have problems no matter who you drive for.Learn to deal with it.Changing jobs will only cause you grief later.Here is another thing,you live in California.If you decide to go O.T.R. for an expediting company,better check with PantherII.They are about the only major company I remember seeing once you get farther west,and some day you may want to get home.If any of this has been helpful to you,good luck.If not, keep looking.It's like anything else,if you really want to do it,be persistent. K.

74 months ago

Class B CDL w/pas. and air brakes.

74 months ago

Im not hired

Jack in Dover Foxcroft, Maine

74 months ago

I have a CDL B lin and would like job driving dump truck.
would like to get cdl A to go over the road

61tbird in Camden, New Jersey

74 months ago

lion123 in Jersey City, New Jersey said: I just graduate from E-Z WHEELS driving school in union city nj I got class A and I been aplying for job in many companies and the answer that I hear from them is you need at least one year experience. some companies recuire 3 and 6 months exp. but I just have mi lisence about 2 months ago and I havent found any job jet.please can some body tell me a company that could hire a new driver. I can work over the road,local, whatever. thanks.

I feel you I'm in the same situation (recently gotten my CDL-A with all endorsments, plus TWIC card) and I'm still looking for work. A lot of companies have be hiring new drivers paying well below fare wages ($350-$400 per wk.) shame to say it but if you want to truck you might have to get pimped for about a yr. I'm trying to get my own truck and get into the port work containers. I hope that I can bye pass the bull of experienced drivers and poor wages

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.