Company sponsored training for CDL in Chicago ? HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

LookingForWork in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

Are there ANY companies that offer training for a class A or B cdl in Chicago ? That are actually in the Chicago city limits.

All the places that come up in a search , show Chicago, but the actual locations are out of state.

The 3rd largest city in the Country and theres not one company that offers training ? I'am not looking for FREE training , I'am willing to sign up for the company for a year or two and will pay for the training through out my employment.

Any companies out there ?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jake brake in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

The trucking industry as a whole is in a slump right now. Alot of places that are usually always hiring have a hiring freeze in place. That being said if you want company training AND remain local your best bet would be to try and get on to one of the LTL companies that offer a driver apprentice position. Not only is the training "free", you'll be paid as a full time employee during the process, and have a job where you can build on your experience after you get your CDL, you just have to sign and commit to a contract for 1 year. A CDL with no experience won't easily get you a job driving a truck....especially right now. Almost, if not all local driving jobs are going to require at least 1 year of consistent Tractor/trailer driving experience to even be considered.
Unfortunately the 2 LTL companies that I know have the apprentice program, FedEx Freight and Conway have a hiring freeze in place right now, but the hiring process takes about 3 months and maybe if you apply now by the time they get to your application they may be hiring again. It can't hurt to try, otherwise you'll probably have to go to school, sign up with one of the OTR recruiters, head out of state for orientation, and spend your first 1-2 years out on the road.
Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Thanks for the information... REALLY helped to point my hubby in the right direction!! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shpend aliu in Braidwood, Illinois

30 months ago

my name is shpend aliu l like to have cdl truck driving thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CDL A Driver Services in Clinton Township, Michigan

10 months ago

shpend aliu in Braidwood, Illinois said: my name is shpend aliu l like to have cdl truck driving thank you

We Have CDL A Driving positions Available For All Levels of experience in the Trucking Industry We Are Looking for every one from Students To owner operators. WWW.jobs4drivers.weebly.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.