Does New York hate truck drivers ??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Togeteric in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Driving tractor trailer for 6 years.4 years over the road box trailer ,and 2 years regional Flat bed. Got a letter of congratulations from the Company after driving 5 years without an accident.Company lost the contract and I was transfered to a Home Depot account to deliver in New York.And my life became a nightmare after that.Seems like they hate truck drivers there.Drivers beware there are a lot of roads in New York that have no signs that say no trucks.But if you are caught driving there you will get an offroute ticket,and the law says no sign needed for enforcement.One of them is Fort Hamilton parkway,which looks like a regular 2 way street where trucks deliver localy.But there is no sign that says no trucks except local delivery, so if you are empty and they stop you and ask where you came from ,and it is not a local address ? The fine is $280 I got one .And they also close weight stations most of the time.But then open them suddenly,to take you by surprise, and rest areas where you dont expect to have an inspection,they put temporary weight stations up to catch you.I saw one officer looking at my truck with a smile on his face like he saw a cash cow. $$$$$$$ I will never do NEW YORK again.They all need the stuff we deliver.But they do not want trucks in the city. 99 percent of the roads say no trucks allowed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.