Driving job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Steven in Monroeville, Alabama

52 months ago

i am blind in one eye but still see well and i have cdl but can only drive in florida. Where can i get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kenneth delio in las vegas, Nevada

49 months ago

leave the guy alone,you still call drive o-t-r with one eye.see your dmv and you will have to go see thr eye dr.if you other eye is ok he will sign off then take it back to dmv.this other guy is just a ball breaker,i have been on the road for over 30 yrs,he belongs in the pickel parks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted Johnson in Live Oak, Florida

49 months ago

I too am blind in my left eye I have my cdl permit now my mistake I let my Chauf. Lic. expire I pulled Mobile Homes for 13 years before changing professions now I have to hold a cdl for 3 years then petition the Feds for Interstate ( OTR ) nad by the way Chuck, monocular visioned drivers have 1 up on you as we never ever see double and read the test on the National cdl test of monocular vision test group over there test period No tickets or accidents can you say that? We are much more careful than the general drivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephen Linardos in Milton, Florida

34 months ago

I lost my left eye 4 mths ago. Filled for a vision waver hope to hear back from the FMSCA by April. Been driving for 25 yrs hopefully I'll still keep interstate heavy haul. If someone needs to find a job in Florida look at craigslist , no one can discriminate against us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

34 months ago

Stephen Linardos in Milton, Florida said: I lost my left eye 4 mths ago. Filled for a vision waver hope to hear back from the FMSCA by April. Been driving for 25 yrs hopefully I'll still keep interstate heavy haul. If someone needs to find a job in Florida look at craigslist , no one can discriminate against us.
That's too bad.Hopefully you'll get some good news from FMCSA.You knows many drivers out here for so overweight beyond belief and they still can drive.As long as you have one good eye I don't see anything wrong with yuo still driving.May I ask howd you lose your eye?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marvin johnson in Alachua, Florida

34 months ago

as long as you have your cdl I don't think they can take them ...can they ? I am blind in my left eye they told me Florida you can drive in state after 3 years you can ask for nation wide no tickets . no accidents should be approved. The study they did proved monocular visioned drivers (1 eye) are safer than 2 I drove on a restricted chauf. from 16-18 then chaf from 18 till I think 24 never a ticket or accident then did not renew the chauf. when the class a came in missed the grandfather part been fighting o get em back ever since no one wants to hire for in state and cannot qualify for OTR without the 3 in state because they will not consider all the previous years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marvin johnson in Alachua, Florida

34 months ago

Chuck in Belleville, Illinois said: I just dont get it!
Its hard enough to see what you need to with both eyes and having 20/20 while driving a big truck. I dont understand why you guys want to take a chance doing it with only one eye. Thats complete madness. With the over whelming traffic and road construction going on you almost need 4 eyes.

maybe for someone small minded to comprehend but it is a proven FACT monocular visioned drivers are more safe and careful than those of you with the luxury of 2 .drove a semi and pulled up to 16'x80' mobile homes from age 16 to 24 never had a ticket or accident can you say that ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

34 months ago

marvin johnson in Alachua, Florida said: maybe for someone small minded to comprehend but it is a proven FACT monocular visioned drivers are more safe and careful than those of you with the luxury of 2 .drove a semi and pulled up to 16'x80' mobile homes from age 16 to 24 never had a ticket or accident can you say that ????
I may just have to agree with you.Tickets are crashes happen daily on the road and those guys have both eyes.It does'nt mater if you have 1 eye are both eyes.The point is can you see just as well with one eye,read signs,look far ahead.If you can then I don't see the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.