FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 500 of 879)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

71 months ago

ernie in Modesto, California said: I graduated from truck school in august. Disclosed my DOT physical positive THC urine test up front and was told it would be no problem. Its not on the DAC, nor will it be. I have been turned down by over 10 major OTR carriers and several local companies in the past two weeks. I did my SAP return to work and am now testing once a month until next May. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject. I know some will say don't smoke, well I don't so any advice would be helpful. I am currently class c driver for over 3 yrs and am glad I have a job. Thanks

up till 7 year + your ramdome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

drywall jay in Leavenworth, Kansas

70 months ago

I failed a drug test for heartland express back in 2004,I know it was stupid,Been clean since 2005,I havnt drove since but would like to try to get back into driving,havnt been through no sap program.just aint really sure what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SandStorm in Midland, Texas

70 months ago

Islam will kill us.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!!!

PLEASE WAKE UP !!!

www.thethirdjihad.com/911stream/911stream.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ronnie in Baltimore, Maryland

70 months ago

drywall jay in Leavenworth, Kansas said: I failed a drug test for heartland express back in 2004,I know it was stupid,Been clean since 2005,I havnt drove since but would like to try to get back into driving,havnt been through no sap program.just aint really sure what to do.

Call American Sunbstance Abuse Professionals. They helped me get through a SAP program. You need $550 though. Once you have that, you are on your way to getting back behind the wheel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

trucker's wife in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Ronnie in Baltimore, Maryland said: Call American Sunbstance Abuse Professionals. They helped me get through a SAP program. You need $550 though. Once you have that, you are on your way to getting back behind the wheel.

Ronnie...were you able to find work after completing the SAP? My husband completed the SAP over a year ago and cannot find an employer that will accept the 2nd half, that is sponsoring the 6-12 months of compliance testing. It is like having a scarlett letter here in California.

The sad thing is my husband never touched a drug in his life and has ALL the expensive medical testing to prove it. The DOT will not accept this evidence though. He takes it with him to every interview but unless the DOT accepts it and removes the mark it doesn't matter.

We even asked the DOT to allow us to pay for DNA testing on the "positive" sample and they said it isn't allowed per the regulation. Truckers need to ban together. If they all stopped working for even one day the government would listen because the economy would collapse without those wheels moving. They forget that! We have even written to the President without any response. He says he cares and wants to hear from the citizens but that was just a LIE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

week one in Springfield, Missouri

70 months ago

just faild a drug test (thc) this is something i did as a kid but have not touched it for prob 25 years till broke down in calf. for 2 days. stupid mistake.
my dispatch and good friend told me that the company hast to put u through the sap if u ask for it. if u dont ask for it thin u are done. he also told me that they keep u own as a driver but u haft to pay for the 6 u.as. when i asked for it i was told no that they dont do that after knowing that they did it for a driver allready. does anybody know the truth about this and if the company hast to do this if u ask

truckers wife in Fullerton, California

70 months ago

week one in Springfield, Missouri said: just faild a drug test (thc) this is something i did as a kid but have not touched it for prob 25 years till broke down in calf. for 2 days. stupid mistake.
my dispatch and good friend told me that the company hast to put u through the sap if u ask for it. if u dont ask for it thin u are done. he also told me that they keep u own as a driver but u haft to pay for the 6 u.as. when i asked for it i was told no that they dont do that after knowing that they did it for a driver allready. does anybody know the truth about this and if the company hast to do this if u ask

They have to give you a list of drug abuse programs available to you but they do not have to pay for it or keep you on staff. If you failed a drug test they can fire you on the spot unless you dispute and pay to have the 2nd sample tested. If the 2nd sample tests positive they can fire you then and there is nothing more to be said about it. Don't expect any help from anyone. It is a hard and sad truth that the companies will not want to speak with you and don't have to. Sorry to be the one to pass on the bad news. It took my husband and I over a year to get used to that fact. He never even took the drugs and has medical test to prove it. It doesn't matter to the DOT or anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Catonsville, Maryland

70 months ago

Ronnie in Baltimore, Maryland said: Call American Sunbstance Abuse Professionals. They helped me get through a SAP program. You need $550 though. Once you have that, you are on your way to getting back behind the wheel.

I gotta a refusal in 07.I'm waiting for my 3years to end in February.Did you get a job after you completed sap?I wanna know cause I am determined to get back behind the wheel.So far I'm just hearing negative things about completing sap.Most drivers here are saying that they're having a very hard time getting a job after completing the sap program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Bridgeport, Connecticut

70 months ago

My brother just failed his drug test while working for a trucking company. He swears he did not do any drugs, and we all believe him. Oddly enough, it took days past what it should have taken, to get his results back from the testing lab. I honestly do believe that he is clean and I think it's B.S. He has applied to tons of jobs and heard no response. Is there anything he can do to clear his record??

The messed up thing is that someone else there tested positive and they said if he went to a drug re hab progam that he would be able to KEEP his job. My brother refused because he was not going to get help with something that he didnt have a problem with, then he was fired. Please help!! thank you

70 months ago

Tee in Catonsville, Maryland said: I gotta a refusal in 07.I'm waiting for my 3years to end in February.Did you get a job after you completed sap?I wanna know cause I am determined to get back behind the wheel.So far I'm just hearing negative things about completing sap.Most drivers here are saying that they're having a very hard time getting a job after completing the sap program.

You really don't have a choice. It is DOT regualtions that if you want to keep wokring under them, you must go to a sap. If you want to change careers, then you don't have to go. Bottom line is that you can't fight the DOT because they have rules and you have to adhere to them or you don't work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tee in Catonsville, Maryland

70 months ago

That's fine and dandy.But you still didn't answer the question.Did you get a job after you completed the sap program?Please be truthful cause I'm gonna make my decision to go through sap based on the information I get.I have to make a living.I don't have the money to be wasting time and money on a program that will circumvent my efforts to become gainfully employed.Truck driving is all I know.I don't have the luxury of changing careers. It's funny how things work in the trucking business.A truck driver can drive day in and day out for miles and miles,take a million drug tests,yet one mishap-one mistake can cost him his career.I have no points.I have no accidents.I don't even have a drug or alcohol problem.All I have is my license,my experience,and now unfortunately ,a refusal on a prehire.If I have to,(and I pray to God that I don't)I'll use the loopholes in the law and use the network that I have to get back in.I'm sorry but I refuse to go tired,hungry,and homeless because of some law that just wants my money without offering any real second chance.So I say to you again,Ronnie,please answer my question?

70 months ago

tee in Catonsville, Maryland said: That's fine and dandy.But you still didn't answer the question.Did you get a job after you completed the sap program?Please be truthful cause I'm gonna make my decision to go through sap based on the information I get.I have to make a living.I don't have the money to be wasting time and money on a program that will circumvent my efforts to become gainfully employed.Truck driving is all I know.I don't have the luxury of changing careers. It's funny how things work in the trucking business.A truck driver can drive day in and day out for miles and miles,take a million drug tests,yet one mishap-one mistake can cost him his career.I have no points.I have no accidents.I don't even have a drug or alcohol problem.All I have is my license,my experience,and now unfortunately ,a refusal on a prehire.If I have to,(and I pray to God that I don't)I'll use the loopholes in the law and use the network that I have to get back in.I'm sorry but I refuse to go tired,hungry,and homeless because of some law that just wants my money without offering any real second chance.So I say to you again,Ronnie,please answer my question?

The company that I had worked for had rehired me because they had a seonnd chance policy. You can find a job who will hire you, it is tough, but you can do it. It will just take some looking around on your part. seek jobs that have a second chance policy. there are a lot out there.

Tom t in Columbia, South Carolina

70 months ago

Ronnie in Baltimore, Maryland said: The company that I had worked for had rehired me because they had a seonnd chance policy. You can find a job who will hire you, it is tough, but you can do it. It will just take some looking around on your part. seek jobs that have a second chance policy. there are a lot out there.

wht company has a sceond chance policy. never herad of this pls let us know wht comp. this is......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

don schro in Belmont, Vermont

69 months ago

Don said: You did right thing to be honest,sounds like you cant get a job for being honest. Life sucks sometimes,we are human,and we live in a country of oppurtunity,people make mistakes. We live in a messed up society where perverts are molesting and killing little kids,people killing there wives,killing people over drugs,I could go on all day. People use drugs because they need help. So DOT says go get help and it doesnt do a damn thing. Dont tell me there is not any drivers that dont have drug problems,some are lucky and havent beem caught. GOOD LUCK!!!

you have that correct 100% I was honest with a company (Estees)thay have openings and wont hire me

scapeguy in Humble, Texas

69 months ago

I used to work for a transportation Restuarant distribution company here in Houston, Texas. I worked there as a yard dog moving trucks and trailers around all night. I was fired from my job as I told on some that got high at the plant and I just felt that is was unsafe practices, especially working around tractor traliers, Now I pointed fingers at a few there as they just werent taking their job seriously and they were messing up a lot. I did feel bad about reporting them, But my safety was my main concern for myself and other drivers that worked there as every time I would say this truck or that truck needs such and such done to them it was like a joke trying to get them to fix anything. I have been driving trucks since the early 80's got my license in 1981, so I knew what to look for on trucks and how to fix most of the problems myself, although that was not my job, Reporting them was, I did what I did, and in the end, for me telling on others that got high on pot and cocaine every night there, i was fired. I don't know what this world is coming to, But for me I like to be honest and straight up... Sure at one time in my life I used to be a big pot head too, But never at work....

Now every since that job, for some reason or another with over 20 years of driving experience I can't get a job. Every company that I have applied at since then has been hiring, although I just can't seem to get on with anyone. So my qquestion is do you or anyone out there think that this company could have put something on my DAC against me so that it would be tough for me to get a job ??? Is being Honest in todays world not the right thing to do ???

peterbuilt in Auburn Hills, Michigan

69 months ago

if u take ibproffen for like a head ache or atooth ache it will show up as thc on a urine test u got to put down that u have been taking it on paperwork for physical ,that could be what's going on for some of u .the dot requires somthing like.027 minimum of thc in your system so if u have .028 u fail u need to find out what the results are to know for sure what's going .hope this might help some of u. keep it between the dithes and be safe.

69 months ago

scapeguy in Humble, Texas said: I used to work for a transportation Restuarant distribution company here in Houston, Texas. I worked there as a yard dog moving trucks and trailers around all night. I was fired from my job as I told on some that got high at the plant and I just felt that is was unsafe practices, especially working around tractor traliers, Now I pointed fingers at a few there as they just werent taking their job seriously and they were messing up a lot. I did feel bad about reporting them, But my safety was my main concern for myself and other drivers that worked there as every time I would say this truck or that truck needs such and such done to them it was like a joke trying to get them to fix anything. I have been driving trucks since the early 80's got my license in 1981, so I knew what to look for on trucks and how to fix most of the problems myself, although that was not my job, Reporting them was, I did what I did, and in the end, for me telling on others that got high on pot and cocaine every night there, i was fired. I don't know what this world is coming to, But for me I like to be honest and straight up... Sure at one time in my life I used to be a big pot head too, But never at work....

Now every since that job, for some reason or another with over 20 years of driving experience I can't get a job. Every company that I have applied at since then has been hiring, although I just can't seem to get on with anyone. So my qquestion is do you or anyone out there think that this company could have put something on my DAC against me so that it would be tough for me to get a job ??? Is being Honest in todays world not the right thing to do ???

check your dac and see u can hire lawyer to clean it up for u

69 months ago

Tee in Catonsville, Maryland said: You should have told them no.Read your fmcr.Municipal are exempt from from dot guidlines.

loose lips sink ships hate to say it but thats how it goes if it has nothing to do with driving then zip it no one will no

Weez88 in Livonia, Michigan

69 months ago

I just took a pre employment drug test I haven't smoke in 4mths but the drug test I took was a hair follicle test which they took armpit hair,I did some research in see that hair tooken from the head goes back ninety days but body hair taken goes back one year.I don't feel this is fair that they use different times frames for the hair they take from your body now this is going to put my career in great danger in I don't even smoke anymore,Is there anybody that can help me with this or have been through it I want to no what can I do?

jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland

69 months ago

Ms Jackson in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Please contact me I can show you how to fix the failed test issue with DAC.

1nightcargo@live.com

Ms. Jackson i just read ur letter u wrote about months ago can u please infro me how to fix my dac i fail my drug test & now it hard to find job

jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland

69 months ago

I'm new to the field.When i first got into tha trucking thing. I fail my first drug test for cdl school. I went to sap program.My sap paper said that i had to take 6 test.I only to 3 when i was in school.now that i completed cdl training.I havn't Taken ant test.It took me 10 months to find an otr driving job.The recurited said that he couldn't hiring me b/C i was 3 months pass my sap program contract & didn't finished the last 3 drugs test.I told him that i havn"t work for a trucking since i graduate from school.How do i suppose to take these tests if no one will hire me. Can some please HELP WIT THIS

drewman in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

what company were you working for that took you 10 months to find?

69 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
You schould have swallowed your pride and taken the rehab. Hind sight sucks, but that would of been the only way. sorry dud

69 months ago

i dont live in belmont, whats up with this site

Jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland

69 months ago

drewman in Los Angeles, California said: what company were you working for that took you 10 months to find?

gunthers transport in maryland

69 months ago

trucker's wife in Los Angeles, California said: Ronnie...were you able to find work after completing the SAP? My husband completed the SAP over a year ago and cannot find an employer that will accept the 2nd half, that is sponsoring the 6-12 months of compliance testing. It is like having a scarlett letter here in California.

The sad thing is my husband never touched a drug in his life and has ALL the expensive medical testing to prove it. The DOT will not accept this evidence though. He takes it with him to every interview but unless the DOT accepts it and removes the mark it doesn't matter.

We even asked the DOT to allow us to pay for DNA testing on the "positive" sample and they said it isn't allowed per the regulation. Truckers need to ban together. If they all stopped working for even one day the government would listen because the economy would collapse without those wheels moving. They forget that! We have even written to the President without any response. He says he cares and wants to hear from the citizens but that was just a LIE!

How long ago have u completed sap

69 months ago

don schro in Belmont, Vermont said: i dont live in belmont, whats up with this site

Can u give me some names of those who don't check dac

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland

69 months ago

tee in Catonsville, Maryland said: That's fine and dandy.But you still didn't answer the question.Did you get a job after you completed the sap program?Please be truthful cause I'm gonna make my decision to go through sap based on the information I get.I have to make a living.I don't have the money to be wasting time and money on a program that will circumvent my efforts to become gainfully employed.Truck driving is all I know.I don't have the luxury of changing careers. It's funny how things work in the trucking business.A truck driver can drive day in and day out for miles and miles,take a million drug tests,yet one mishap-one mistake can cost him his career.I have no points.I have no accidents.I don't even have a drug or alcohol problem.All I have is my license,my experience,and now unfortunately ,a refusal on a prehire.If I have to,(and I pray to God that I don't)I'll use the loopholes in the law and use the network that I have to get back in.I'm sorry but I refuse to go tired,hungry,and homeless because of some law that just wants my money without offering any real second chance.So I say to you again,Ronnie,please answer my question?

You can complete the SAP and know one is going too hire you due to insurance cost and possible laws suits if they did hire you back and something went wrong.Its easier and cheaper for them to grab a rookie out of school.

ex-trucker in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

once you fail a drug screen, your career is over!!! Take it from one who knows, don't waste your money on SAP!! NO ONE IS GOING TO HIRE YOU AGAIN.....EVER!!!! Figure out another way to make a living. Hate to sound harsh, but thats how it is.

drewman in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

Your career as far as long haul is on hold for a long, long time. I failed once and it took me like 6 months to find a long haul job. I finally did and drove for them for about a year. Found out I did not really care for long haul anyway. Found a local CDL job here in the big city and been doing that ever since. And I DID NOT do the SAP. State and county do not require you to do SAP. Only federal over the road stuff requires you to do SAP. So look for local work until you can figure out what you are going to do. There are dump trucks, food delivery, heavy duty tow, etc. Just have to look twice as hard and be willing to start at square one. Or.....save your money, buy your own rig. They are practically giving away a lot of trucks now a days. I was about to buy my own truck but then I got a county CDL job with benefits, good pay, etc. Try to apply for the county and city that you live in. City and county are always hiring truck drivers. You need trucks to keep a city or county running....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

drewman in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

I'd say either your options of work are limited where you live or you just didn't look hard enough. I failed once and I still found work literally the next day. Just have to forget about Swift, Knight, Werner, etc. Look for the smaller guys who do not use or care about DAC. I failed, found some class B work for a few weeks, got hired on with a trucking co. out of Chicago and worked there for about a year, said "to heck with long haul" and found a county CDL job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

batt man in Baltimore, Maryland

69 months ago

i failed a drug test in march 2006. i found work for a small company may 2007. positve drug test can stay on your dac for 3 years,but if u have a positive result from a company were u work at that can sty on your dac for 7 years.

Truckerslife in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

drewman in Anaheim, California said: I'd say either your options of work are limited where you live or you just didn't look hard enough. I failed once and I still found work literally the next day. Just have to forget about Swift, Knight, Werner, etc. Look for the smaller guys who do not use or care about DAC. I failed, found some class B work for a few weeks, got hired on with a trucking co. out of Chicago and worked there for about a year, said "to heck with long haul" and found a county CDL job.

Drewman...I am in the OC and have been looking for work. Would you mind sharing the company you work for? Contact me at truckerslife777@yahoo.com if you prefer not to post.

69 months ago

Drewman I just read some of your earlier posts and I am thinking you might work for the county itself. I would love some info on how to get on if you have it. I am not picky and will do anything. I have a family and I really need to find something. Any info you are willing to share I would greatly appreciate. I provided my email in my earlier post so you can send it there. I have no marks on my record. I have been working but not driving. I have an excellent work history. God knows that I did not take the drugs even though that test said I did but none of the medical evidence I have makes any difference, as far as the world is concerned. I am really close to Anaheim, I live La Palma. God Bless.

69 months ago

Big Jay in Chicago,IL in Westchester, Illinois said: Can some one help me? I failed an pre-employment drug screen(hair sample)for J.B. Hunt. I was told that the results wouldn't show up on my DAC, because the test wasn't DOT it was a company. Is this that true or false?

Thats true.DOT does not recognize haie folicle.Test has to be a split urine test.For all those who failed you better make sure your company did"nt report it too DOT.They are suposed to legally and if they do you are disqualifeid to drive any commercial vehicle anywhere in the country till you get cleared thru a SAP.If you get stopped by state or local police they probably won"t find it because your license is still vaild only your privelege to work in a safety sensitive position is suspended thru DOT.If you get stopped by a DOT cop or are ticketed by anyone while driving a commercial vehicle you will be caught and the fines are huge.

69 months ago

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland said: Thats true.DOT does not recognize haie folicle.Test has to be a split urine test.For all those who failed you better make sure your company did"nt report it too DOT.They are suposed to legally and if they do you are disqualifeid to drive any commercial vehicle anywhere in the country till you get cleared thru a SAP.If you get stopped by state or local police they probably won"t find it because your license is still vaild only your privelege to work in a safety sensitive position is suspended thru DOT.If you get stopped by a DOT cop or are ticketed by anyone while driving a commercial vehicle you will be caught and the fines are huge.

You can call the federal D.O.T and ask for the Drug and Alcohol compliance division.They will asnwer all your questions and you don"t have to give your name.

69 months ago

Jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland said: Can u give me some names of those who don't check dac

you need to stay away from the big carriers.Look for local work with smaller companys.All the big ones will check.If u want to go long haul again it takes 3 years for the positve to come off your DAC.I got a job at 17.00 per hour driving a straight truck and home everynight.Never gone back to long haul BS.But u still need to do the SAP thing or at least make sure you were"nt suspended by D.O.T before you drive anything

69 months ago

drewman in Anaheim, California said: Your career as far as long haul is on hold for a long, long time. I failed once and it took me like 6 months to find a long haul job. I finally did and drove for them for about a year. Found out I did not really care for long haul anyway. Found a local CDL job here in the big city and been doing that ever since. And I DID NOT do the SAP. State and county do not require you to do SAP. Only federal over the road stuff requires you to do SAP. So look for local work until you can figure out what you are going to do. There are dump trucks, food delivery, heavy duty tow, etc. Just have to look twice as hard and be willing to start at square one. Or.....save your money, buy your own rig. They are practically giving away a lot of trucks now a days. I was about to buy my own truck but then I got a county CDL job with benefits, good pay, etc. Try to apply for the county and city that you live in. City and county are always hiring truck drivers. You need trucks to keep a city or county running....

If your company reported you to D.O.T your privileges to operate anything considered safety sensitive to the public are suspeneded till you go thru SAP.you can still get a job as your license check will not show the suspension.But if you get stopped by D.O.T. and they run you...you better have a wallet full of green my friend!

69 months ago

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland said: You can complete the SAP and know one is going too hire you due to insurance cost and possible laws suits if they did hire you back and something went wrong.Its easier and cheaper for them to grab a rookie out of school.

Do the SAP to get your D.O.T safety sensitive privliges back.Then you have to find a company that does"nt use DAC and you"ll get a job.Call around they"re alot of qualified SAP's out there.The one my company recomended was $550.00.I found one for $220.00 for the initial assesment and follow up assesment.And $50.00 for the drug screen.

drewman in San Marcos, California

69 months ago

I work for the County of Orange. I do the heavy duty towing for the county sheriff. I tow the OTCA buses with a 15 speed pete and a flatbed landoll. See I didn't get me CLD to be a long haul driver. I got it so I could get the county job I have now. But before the county would hire me I needed at least six months OTR. I applied at Swift and failed the drug test. I will not lie like some of these other fools who are straight up in denial, talking about they ate poppy seeds and all that other bull. Nope, me I was smoking weed here and there, decided to quit and 22 days later took the drug test and of course failed. Yes, I know I should have waited a few more days but would of should of could of has come and gone. I got my OTR experience from a place out of Chicago who did not use or care about DAC. They drug tested literally before and after every run. You said you lived here in the O.C. Why don't you try Waste Management over there on Construction Circle in Irvine? They are always hiring. They don't use or care about DAC. The OCTA don't use no DAC either. What about Cal-Trans?? They got 8 and 10 speed petes. Rumor has it that the county will be hiring in Jan. Apply by logging onto Orange County website.

69 months ago

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland said: Do the SAP to get your D.O.T safety sensitive privliges back.Then you have to find a company that does"nt use DAC and you"ll get a job.Call around they"re alot of qualified SAP's out there.The one my company recomended was $550.00.I found one for $220.00 for the initial assesment and follow up assesment.And $50.00 for the drug screen.

.I found one for $250.00 for the initial assesment. Can u send me some infro on where u went to for education i need 6 hrs of education & drugs test.

69 months ago

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland said: Do the SAP to get your D.O.T safety sensitive privliges back.Then you have to find a company that does"nt use DAC and you"ll get a job.Call around they"re alot of qualified SAP's out there.The one my company recomended was $550.00.I found one for $220.00 for the initial assesment and follow up assesment.And $50.00 for the drug screen.

where did u go I live in md aswell.I paid 250.00 for my assessment now
> I need to do my education where can I go that won't charge me
> that much

drewman in Mission Viejo, California

69 months ago

I work DIRECTLY with the California Highway Patrol, Orange County Sheriff and Orange County Transit Authority and I'm telling you that SAP crap is does not apply in this situation. An FBI background check was required to pass before employment and yes I was honest with the drug test and here I am working for almost 2 years now. Like i said to heck with long haul and all it's B.S. Home every night too. There no DOT po-po here. On top of that eventhough I drive a pete my position is not considered safety sensitive because I'm not traveling out of state. Heck, sometime I don't even leave the city.

69 months ago

drewman in San Marcos, California said: I work for the County of Orange. I do the heavy duty towing for the county sheriff. I tow the OTCA buses with a 15 speed pete and a flatbed landoll. See I didn't get me CLD to be a long haul driver. I got it so I could get the county job I have now. But before the county would hire me I needed at least six months OTR. I applied at Swift and failed the drug test. I will not lie like some of these other fools who are straight up in denial, talking about they ate poppy seeds and all that other bull. Nope, me I was smoking weed here and there, decided to quit and 22 days later took the drug test and of course failed. Yes, I know I should have waited a few more days but would of should of could of has come and gone. I got my OTR experience from a place out of Chicago who did not use or care about DAC. They drug tested literally before and after every run. You said you lived here in the O.C. Why don't you try Waste Management over there on Construction Circle in Irvine? They are always hiring. They don't use or care about DAC. The OCTA don't use no DAC either. What about Cal-Trans?? They got 8 and 10 speed petes. Rumor has it that the county will be hiring in Jan. Apply by logging onto Orange County website.

Drewman.I"m not trying to argue with you just trying to clarify things.I not talking about DAC they're not my mandatory.I was told my D.O.T privileges to work in a safety sensitive position were suspended.I called D.o.t and they said I cannot drive any commercial vehicle anywhere in the United States period.It did"nt make sense to me either.

69 months ago

Drewman will the county hire me if I am honest about the failed test? I completed the SAP but can't find a job that will hire me and complete the last part of it which is the return to duty testing. I can drive I just have to have an employer that will agree to let me work and put me through more frequent drug testing until this is done. I can't stand the thought of hiding a test any more than I can stand having the stupid thing on my record and honest to God never having done the drugs. I would admit it if I had but I didn't. I have multiple follow-up tests 3 federal urine, a blood and a hair test all taken the same week, all came back negative. Zero trace. The test that was positive was screwed up. The collector opened the stupid vials and transferred them into new vials and created a new chain of custody. She said she had to because they forgot to include something in the envelope. I trusted and went along. Then I got the results that said I tested positive for marijuana at like 10 times the legal level. In fact they said that I would have had to smoke 8-10 joints the 2 hours before the test to have it so high.

69 months ago

Truckerslife in Los Angeles, California said: The whole crazy thing about that situation is that my dispatcher sent me back to the testing site that morning because he is the one that said they forgot something. There are 2 trips recorded on my log books, there is survillance cameras at the lot that caught me coming and going 4 times for the stupid test. There is also the fact that the stupid forms are numbered but when I tried to explain all this to the DOT and the MRO they basically said it didn't matter. It is my word against the collectors and if she won't admit to tampering or even simply admit that she opened the stupid vials they won't even look into. I begged them to at least check the CCF numbers, that would definately show a skipped number since there was less than an hour between the trips it can't be hard to check. Lawyers don't help either guys so don't think that is an opinion or that you have any rights as a driver. I challenge anyone that thinks a lawyer is an option to call around, you'll confirm exactly what I am saying. If I am wrong, please send me the lawyer's name and number. They don't care about you or any driver. Be careful out there don't ever sign the CCF or vials if you think anything funny happened. I wished I knew then that it wasn't required, it would have saved me a lot of trouble. I have it in writing now that the driver's signature is not required on the CCF or the vials and refusing to sign is NOT considered refusal to test. I only trust God, my family and me, I will never trust another collector ever.

I just realized a typo here...I meant to say that lawyers were not an OPTION for me, not an opinion. Of course everything that I wrote is my opinion and you can and should do all the research for yourself if you find yourself in a similar situation. Just because they couldn't help me does not mean that they couldn't help you. I say turn over every rock and look for all your options. God Bless.

69 months ago

The whole crazy thing about that situation is that my dispatcher sent me back to the testing site that morning because he is the one that said they forgot something. There are 2 trips recorded on my log books, there is survillance cameras at the lot that caught me coming and going 4 times for the stupid test. There is also the fact that the stupid forms are numbered but when I tried to explain all this to the DOT and the MRO they basically said it didn't matter. It is my word against the collectors and if she won't admit to tampering or even simply admit that she opened the stupid vials they won't even look into. I begged them to at least check the CCF numbers, that would definately show a skipped number since there was less than an hour between the trips it can't be hard to check. Lawyers don't help either guys so don't think that is an opinion or that you have any rights as a driver. I challenge anyone that thinks a lawyer is an option to call around, you'll confirm exactly what I am saying. If I am wrong, please send me the lawyer's name and number. They don't care about you or any driver. Be careful out there don't ever sign the CCF or vials if you think anything funny happened. I wished I knew then that it wasn't required, it would have saved me a lot of trouble. I have it in writing now that the driver's signature is not required on the CCF or the vials and refusing to sign is NOT considered refusal to test. I only trust God, my family and me, I will never trust another collector ever.

69 months ago

zoso in Dundalk, Maryland said: Drewman.I"m not trying to argue with you just trying to clarify things.I not talking about DAC they're not my mandatory.I was told my D.O.T privileges to work in a safety sensitive position were suspended.I called D.o.t and they said I cannot drive any commercial vehicle anywhere in the United States period.It did"nt make sense to me either.

Drewman is legal.The FTA/D.O.T regs define a safety sensitive postion as "a vehicle driven to generate revenue".They do not specify any paticular jobs and leave it up to the companys to define if a job fall under safety sensitive or not.Drewman is driving a tow trucl for the state/county.Towing thier own vehicles generates no revenue therefore not safety sensitive.He"s legal.Driving a tow truck for a regular towing company would be a different story.Dump truck for a private company?probably legal as long as they don"t contract the truck out to other companys.State and county jobs would be legal and not require SAP.Yard jockeys don"t even require a CDL.You can also look for jobs that require a Class A or B but not a commercial license.There is a difference at least here in Maryland.

69 months ago

Jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland said: where did u go I live in md aswell.I paid 250.00 for my assessment now
> I need to do my education where can I go that won't charge me
> that much

If you went to your intial SAP.They determine the follow up treatment.They are supposed to work with you to get treatment/education close to your home.They cannot send you to treatment with anyone or place they work with.If your SAP works at a facility that offers counseling/treatment,that can"t have you do your treatment there.That could be a money generator for them and is illegal.They have to send you somewhere else by law.Once they determine what u need they are then to help you find a place that offers that treatment.Or you can find a place on your own but make sure your SAP approves it before you go.Those referral places are doing nothing but charging you a fee to find a SAP for you.Get out the old yellow pages or get on the internet and call some places.Just ask them if they are,or have someone who is qualified to do D.O.T assesments.The difficult part with the whole process is after intial assesment,treatment/education,then follow up assesment you can go back to work.But you have to get hired back into a safety sensitive position that has their own drug testing plus work with your SAP to do thier randoms which is a minimum of 1,or however many your SAP says you have to do.

69 months ago

Truckerslife in Los Angeles, California said: Drewman will the county hire me if I am honest about the failed test? I completed the SAP but can't find a job that will hire me and complete the last part of it which is the return to duty testing. I can drive I just have to have an employer that will agree to let me work and put me through more frequent drug testing until this is done. I can't stand the thought of hiding a test any more than I can stand having the stupid thing on my record and honest to God never having done the drugs. I would admit it if I had but I didn't. I have multiple follow-up tests 3 federal urine, a blood and a hair test all taken the same week, all came back negative. Zero trace. The test that was positive was screwed up. The collector opened the stupid vials and transferred them into new vials and created a new chain of custody. She said she had to because they forgot to include something in the envelope. I trusted and went along. Then I got the results that said I tested positive for marijuana at like 10 times the legal level. In fact they said that I would have had to smoke 8-10 joints the 2 hours before the test to have it so high.

Most state and county jobs don"t use DAC.Its not a safety sensitive job you are applying for so it is illegal for your former employer to tell them.They will probably give you thier own pre hire test anyway.So if you don"t volunteer it.Its unlikely they will find out.

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.