FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 876)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

59 months ago

TY said: Bob get a life, you don't know what ur talking about.

i was not trying to get job i had one i have ben driving for five year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Saint Louis, Missouri

59 months ago

What does the doctors test for in the urine drug test. Just narcotics or other such as medical drugs.

59 months ago

Ron in Saint Louis, Missouri said: What does the doctors test for in the urine drug test. Just narcotics or other such as medical drugs.

anything they can find make sure you list any drugs from your doctor

sed in Newton, North Carolina

59 months ago

drewman in Laguna Hills, California said: Just keep your spirits up and be patient. Finding a job these days can take a long time and employers are being very, very picky with the local driving jobs. Most don't want no felonies while others are okay as long as it's been 5 years or more or whatever. My point to others out there who are in the same boat is that there are other jobs besides OTR that do not, don't care, or even never heard of DAC. I know a few tanker yanker companies that do not use DAC, they are just not hiring right now. All of the cement hauling and recycling companies around here also do not use DAC but they as well are not hiring either at this time. What I do know is that if you are a CDL holder with a good driving record and at least a descent background, then there is a job around here for you even if you have to start out by driving a taxi. I failed once and I still found THREE commercial driving jobs after the fact. One of them was even an OTR job. So don't give up. Also.....a lot of local jobs pay a heck of a lot more than most long haul jobs and you are home everynight.

thanks you made me wake up after 13years of a clean rec i cant stop

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gregoryalanwyu in Minneapolis, Minnesota

59 months ago

I am 55 yeras old taking Oxycontin for shoulder pain prescibed by a physiciian at at Pain Clinic. I am also taking amphetamine salts the generic for Aderall prescribed by a psyciatrist both these medications I have been on for 6 yearsand see no change in site. I am having my mid-lifwe carrer crisis and want to become CDL licensed and GAINFULLY employed are these going to raise red flags with the DOT. Thank you Gregory "Disco" Wucherpfennig

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

gregoryalanwyu in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I am 55 yeras old taking Oxycontin for shoulder pain prescibed by a physiciian at at Pain Clinic. I am also taking amphetamine salts the generic for Aderall prescribed by a psyciatrist both these medications I have been on for 6 yearsand see no change in site. I am having my mid-lifwe carrer crisis and want to become CDL licensed and GAINFULLY employed are these going to raise red flags with the DOT. Thank you Gregory "Disco" Wucherpfennig

Even if you are taking legal drugs..I highly doubt
any company would hire you, they are going to say
that you are a high risk...you can always call
any company that provides CDL training, and
ask them, they can tell you for sure...

Expect the worse...

pierce in Columbus, Ohio

58 months ago

I STARTED WORKING FOR A TRUCKING. PASS THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN. TWO WEEK LATER MY DOT PHYSCIAL WAS DUE. I WAS CALLED IN TO DO IT, BUT I KNEW ME BLOOD PRESSURE WAS UP SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE THE KEPT ME ALL DAY. BY THE TIME I WAS RELEASED THE DOCTOR WAS GONE AND THE COMPANY FROWNED ON THAT AND THE NEXT DAY THEY TERMINATED ME. THEY THEN PUT ON MY DAC THAT I REFUSED MY RANDOM. FIRST OF ALL IT WAS NOT A RANDOM I HAD JUST TOOK MY DRUG TEST TWO WEEKS EARLIER. IT WAS FOR MY DOT PHYSICAL CARD. I DID NOT REFUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL ALL DAY AND I HAVE PAPER WORK TO SHOW IT. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS OFF MY DAC?

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

pierce in Columbus, Ohio said: I STARTED WORKING FOR A TRUCKING. PASS THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN. TWO WEEK LATER MY DOT PHYSCIAL WAS DUE. I WAS CALLED IN TO DO IT, BUT I KNEW ME BLOOD PRESSURE WAS UP SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE THE KEPT ME ALL DAY. BY THE TIME I WAS RELEASED THE DOCTOR WAS GONE AND THE COMPANY FROWNED ON THAT AND THE NEXT DAY THEY TERMINATED ME. THEY THEN PUT ON MY DAC THAT I REFUSED MY RANDOM. FIRST OF ALL IT WAS NOT A RANDOM I HAD JUST TOOK MY DRUG TEST TWO WEEKS EARLIER. IT WAS FOR MY DOT PHYSICAL CARD. I DID NOT REFUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL ALL DAY AND I HAVE PAPER WORK TO SHOW IT. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS OFF MY DAC?

This sounds like nothing more then abuse of dac reporting...

It sounds like these days that trucking compaines want
perfect soldiers, if not, then they will fire you for
being imperfect, and submit it to dac in their own words.

If what you say is true, and you just had a drug test two
weeks prior, and there was no issues..there would have been
no reason for a random, as they do cost money also...

I suggest at this point is to consult an attorney, as
the company has now black-balled you, and ruined your reputation.

The company obviously did not want to put you on the road
with high blood pressure problems as it would have been
a high risk to them, so they come up with BS, terminate you,
and place it on your dac...

I have recently seen on this forum so many dac abuses by
trucking compaines that it is not funny...one little dac
infraction can get you fired, and you will not be able
to find work driving a truck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jay in durham in Durham, North Carolina

58 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: This sounds like nothing more then abuse of dac reporting...

It sounds like these days that trucking compaines want
perfect soldiers, if not, then they will fire you for
being imperfect, and submit it to dac in their own words.

If what you say is true, and you just had a drug test two
weeks prior, and there was no issues..there would have been
no reason for a random, as they do cost money also...

I suggest at this point is to consult an attorney, as
the company has now black-balled you, and ruined your reputation.

The company obviously did not want to put you on the road
with high blood pressure problems as it would have been
a high risk to them, so they come up with BS, terminate you,
and place it on your dac...

I have recently seen on this forum so many dac abuses by
trucking compaines that it is not funny...one little dac
infraction can get you fired, and you will not be able
to find work driving a truck.

You are very right John and the problem is that I think that these people are doing these things because they are vindictive and because they can. I've been fighting and fighting and frankly I'm tired so i'm looking to try and get back in school. I'm appling for a job @ a warehouse loading trucks. I really don't care anymore. I like driving but this stuff is crazy. I don't know how many timess you have to beat a company and prove them wrong to get your point across.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scott in Bangor, California

58 months ago

Ronnie in Baltimore, Maryland said: Call American Sunbstance Abuse Professionals. They helped me get through a SAP program. You need $550 though. Once you have that, you are on your way to getting back behind the wheel.

Did u get hired with a new employer or old one..thanks

Bkgldfan in Elkridge, Maryland

58 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

They should have offered the MRO( Medical Review Officer) phone number to you so you could discuss and/or dispute findings!

battman in Baltimore, Maryland

58 months ago

go a (sap) program and some companies that is all u have 2 do and some want u to wait 3 years. It been 3 years for me but i have to attend a (sap) course.

james in Stockton, California

58 months ago

I am prescribed oxycontin for my hand and back. Will this stop me from getting my medical card when I do the DOT physical? Im not worried about the job, as my father owns the trucking company, I just need to know if they will find out about the prescription as I am being prescribed oxycontin in NV. and Im trying to get my license in CA.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

james in Stockton, California said: I am prescribed oxycontin for my hand and back. Will this stop me from getting my medical card when I do the DOT physical? Im not worried about the job, as my father owns the trucking company, I just need to know if they will find out about the prescription as I am being prescribed oxycontin in NV. and Im trying to get my license in CA.

Thank you.

you bet it will oxycontin is after market heiron

haywe2004 in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

Does anyone know of any trucking companies that are hiring drivers who have successfully completed an SAP program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

craig condrey in porum, Oklahoma said: not all trucking companys use dac if you fail a drug test for mcdonalds it will not show up on your dac or dot back ground only when you hold a cdl licenes does it get tracked also the dot physical urine anylasis does go on your driving record so that one is a sure bet to discount you from working for anyone else this information can be found in the truck drivers bible

Do you have someone watching you when you take these drug tests?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gene in Columbus, Ohio

57 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: Thank You Gene. Gene i have no dui and 1 arresst back in 96 for drug trafficing that was reduced to possession a Misdemeanor. Do you think i can get hired to drive?

It depends on how it shows up on your criminal record. The Federal Motor Carrier Association regulates who a trucking company can or cannot hirer to drive, and the rules during the course of employment. There are only 2 major criminal issues that will prevent, by law, you from becoming a truck driver:

1.Distribution of, possession with intent to distribute, or importation of a controlled substance. (illegal drug)

2.The use of criminal force such as with a gun or knife.

If it shows up as just a possession 14 years ago. You maybe ok.

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

Gene in Columbus, Ohio said: It depends on how it shows up on your criminal record. The Federal Motor Carrier Association regulates who a trucking company can or cannot hirer to drive, and the rules during the course of employment. There are only 2 major criminal issues that will prevent, by law, you from becoming a truck driver:

1.Distribution of, possession with intent to distribute, or importation of a controlled substance. (illegal drug)

2.The use of criminal force such as with a gun or knife.

If it shows up as just a possession 14 years ago. You maybe ok.

Gene thank your very much for your help. I just looked it up and it still says trafficing in drugs. I am going to contact a lawyer to see if i can get it expunged before i try to become a driver. I hope it works. Just cuz you helped me i will post back here to let u know how it turned out. Thank You Very Much Gene!!!!!

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: Gene thank your very much for your help. I just looked it up and it still says trafficing in drugs. I am going to contact a lawyer to see if i can get it expunged before i try to become a driver. I hope it works. Just cuz you helped me i will post back here to let u know how it turned out. Thank You Very Much Gene!!!!!

BTW Gene i sent out for a copy of my report from the link you posted-- it directs you to hireright i believe-- thanks again

Bluz in Winchester, California

57 months ago

Here is what I would do if I came back positive when no drugs were used. I would go to a clinic where they use the most strict standards and give blood, urine and hair. From what I understand, if you used drugs several months ago, it will show up in the hair test. It's pretty much if any part of the hair was on your head when you used the drugs, it will show up. I would probably repeat the test at a second clinic and pay for all the tests. Next, I would take my results with the technicians and doctors written verification to the best attorney that I could find. I would take dead aim in court at the clinic and labs that botched the drug screen.

I would use my life savings to mount a counter attack to reclaim my life. I suspect that a jury will compensate you for the "accident". It is pure and simple and case of malpractice that ruined your life.

But that's just me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

savga54 in Augusta, Georgia

57 months ago

I tried submitting a hair,blood sample at the time of my positive result in 2007. The FMCSA, DOT, AMMRO's will only accept urine samples. Once your sample comes back positive, even a false positive, their word stands. Their only responses are stated in the "Rules and Regulations" manuel. Their guidelines are like talking to the walls and that's the way they wrote it. If you can hire a lawyer, if you can't, like me, look for other driving jobs that don't require DOT inspections. Remember, your driving license is good, no moving violations, your DOT physical card is still good, Your MVR is still good. Just try not to waste your money on the SAP program, they offer no guarentees, just give them $300-$600 and still won't be able to find employment. If it's been within 1 year, and no drugs were involved, Call Labcorp and ask them to check your sample for DMSO, DIMETHYL SULFOXIDE. My call came a little late. Let me know how this turns out.

Bluz in Nuevo, California

57 months ago

They don't get to decide if the hair sample is good, "the jury does". Again, I would spend my life savings on an attorney. The lab and clinic will be in court along with my evidence that I was clean. The evidence would be two urine samples, two hair samples and two blood samples each performed by separate labs. All of the samples would show no trace of drugs and they would be collected the day that you received the results. Don't worry about the cost of the attorney, the jury will award you attorneys fee's along with punitive damages.

It requires passion and anger which I would have if they gave me bad results that injured my reputation and my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gotcha_city@yahoo.com in Orangevale, California

57 months ago

i failed a drug test at a truck driving school. it's been almost 3 &1/2 yrs sense that dreadful day. i want to go on the record saying that i do smoke maryjane from time to time. but i quit because i knew i was going to be drug test. the day of the test a classmate offered me a poppy seed muffin & i failed the test. i need to know can another school find out if i failed the test. & how long will it take for that failed drug test to fall off my record.

Billy5884 in Columbus, Ohio

57 months ago

gotcha_city@yahoo.com in Fair Oaks, California said: thank u for your reply.i did send for my dac report from a company called hireright have u head of them. and on the report it stated that there wasen't any report on my record for any drug related misshaps, but the thing was they only went back 2 years i then called them and they said they checked something called a data base and there was no history under my name. so is there a way for a truck driving school to know if i went to a school and then failed a drug test there.

you should be ok if hireright said they did not have any info on you an its not in there data base.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gotcha_city@yahoo.com in Fair Oaks, California

57 months ago

Billy5884 in Columbus, Ohio said: you should be ok if hireright said they did not have any info on you an its not in there data base.

thanks for youre reply. it really helped

Nathan in Greensboro, North Carolina

57 months ago

If you did the urine test and doctor says to you that there was sugar in your blood and that you are diabetic. The same thing happened to me twice and i went to re-test with another doctor who used sugar solutions to test if i was came to find out that i was not diabetic.I guess it was what i ate or drank that morning could have raised my blood sugar. I am not diabetic and it is not in my family. Do you guys think i can go apply for another OTR job with another company than going back to the first job that i was tested negative as to sugar?

Superbikeman33 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

57 months ago

I know for a 100,000,000,000% FACT (LET ME REPEAT!!!) FACT!!!! That you can have a false positive! While admitting that I did take oxycodone because of surgery where I had a plate and 7 screws (which I happened to be allergic to the screws), I NEVER in my LIFE have taken a barbituate!!! I tested positive for it. Granted this was luckily not a DOT test. But it definitely possible! I didn't and still really don't even know what a barbituate is. I know the only thing I took was oxycodone and tylenol. Not even another OTC medication! Just so NO-sayers will stop saying you're doing drugs when I know for a fact that you CAN have a false positive!!

Lynn03 Carter in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

tsorr in Republic, Missouri said: how long does it take for pot to leave your urine-hair?

Depends on what drug you do? If you smoke Mary and your a lite smoker it will be removed from your urine system in three weeks. For drugs to be removed from hair folicle it will take six months.

Good Luck!!

56 months ago

Billy5884 in Columbus, Ohio said: you should be ok if hireright said they did not have any info on you an its not in there data base.

Most companies that do backround checks go to a website named hireright. You can go to that website too and request a backround check on yourself.

There are boxes you can check to find out what other comapnies have said about you and also failed drug test. My spouse requested one on himself. The report you will receive in a few days through the mail is named a "DAC" report. If you failed a drug test it will stay on your Dac record for three years from the date you failed it. When the three years have come in will be totally removed.

Good Luck!

56 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Your positive drug testing will stay on your DAC record for three years and after three years it will come off.Then you can go back to looking for a job with the large freight companies again, until then you are going to have to start working for the small freight companies. This happened to someone I know.

See we aren't the privileged and rich like Hollywood where as if your on prescription narcotics and driving down the road toward traffic like Ms. Richie was and receive a slap on the hand from the law. Another example Ms. Paris Hilton drunk driving and then driving again with a revoked license and had to spend an hour in jail because of this. There is two sets of laws one for the poorman and one the richman.

Good Luck!!

56 months ago

battman in Baltimore, Maryland said: go a (sap) program and some companies that is all u have 2 do and some want u to wait 3 years. It been 3 years for me but i have to attend a (sap) course.

No you don't have to do SAP. If it has been three years,any positive drug test should be removed from your DAC record. Go to hireright.com and request a complete backround check on yourself and you will see everything. If it has been three years and the positive test is still showing, call them to remove it.

All past employers are NOT allowed to tell any potiental employer about why you were discharged, it's illegal.Past employers are only allowed to state the date you worked for them, your title and duties. They are not allowed to say how much you made or any termination reasons or bad mouth you, etc. I worked in Human Resources and gave out info all the time on past employees, so I know what can and cannot be said.

Good Luck!!

Good Luck!!

dacfix in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Lynn03 Carter in Los Angeles, California said: Most companies that do backround checks go to a website named hireright. You can go to that website too and request a backround check on yourself.

There are boxes you can check to find out what other comapnies have said about you and also failed drug test. My spouse requested one on himself. The report you will receive in a few days through the mail is named a "DAC" report. If you failed a drug test it will stay on your Dac record for three years from the date you failed it. When the three years have come in will be totally removed.

Good Luck!

Lynn03,

Please be sure that you are advising drivers as well that the carrier can and will list a company policy violation in the employment history section of the DAC report and this stays on for 7 years. I understand that carriers are not suppose to say anything in regards to a failed drug test but it happens everyday in the trucking industry.

oldpunko in Sacramento, California

56 months ago

hey any one who is running trucking company will give me a chance to drive their one of their trucks and I had my CDL since may 2009 no one hired me becuase I was fresh out from trucking training program in sacramento and another issue I have to wait one more point to drop off this year july 2010 that be 2 years coming up that point that was a minor accident no ticket no one injury that was class c at the time . never had DUI or DWI or felony nothin at all except one point for speeding jan 2008 so what is your suggestion I am now 45 year old and I am dead serious getting a truck driving job I aint going back kiddie money jobs . plse e mail kevinblack440@yahoo.com cheers .

OHIO boy in Port Richey, Florida

56 months ago

im about to start school i told the recuriter about my weed charge 4 year ago can they still send me home when i get there .I ve herd its happened

Roger Siebert in Grand Rapids, Michigan

56 months ago

I would think that as long as you pass all pre employment drug screens you would be ok but if test positive now forget it your done.Other wise your recruiter should of informed you different before you signed up if you told them.Smart thing to do is ask but yes i have herd of them not accepting for a prier conviction also.Truking companys do what they want when they want you will learn that.

OHIO boy in Port Richey, Florida

56 months ago

Thanks for the info I will make sure to call her in the morning.

capulet47 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Ms Jackson in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Please contact me I can show you how to fix the failed test issue with DAC.

1nightcargo@live.com

Please tell me how I can fix the failed test issue with DAC. I have been out of work for 15 months and I need to find out how this can be done so i can get back to trucking.

battman in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

some people say wait 3 to 10 years to fall off your dac. Go to a sap program and complete it and some big companies will hire you when you complete it.2 more weeks and i will complete mines and jb hunt will hire me.It can be expensive depending on your insurance

roger in Grand Rapids, Michigan

56 months ago

It will never be removed from your DAC record,unless the company that put it there removes it.It just listed as a company violation after 3 years. It is still there in the back pages of your report as failed drug sceen.If another company calls the company that placed this on your record and does not pull you DAC record it just depends on what they tell your prospected company.Also going throgh a rehab is irelevent to some companys and not even look at you if your have a failed drug screen.

TDSOB in Odessa, Texas

56 months ago

roger in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: It will never be removed from your DAC record,unless the company that put it there removes it.It just listed as a company violation after 3 years. It is still there in the back pages of your report as failed drug sceen.If another company calls the company that placed this on your record and does not pull you DAC record it just depends on what they tell your prospected company.Also going throgh a rehab is irelevent to some companys and not even look at you if your have a failed drug screen.

Negative vibes man... WOW!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0w4YoUmfQ

I'm not sure but I don't think dispatchers are allowed in here.

Jayslay34 in Oxford, North Carolina

56 months ago

Ronnie in Los Angeles, California said: Let me say this everybody is difference. I been driving for 3yrs. Retired from office work, and I have a few things in my past that I am not proud of. Some of us have done things in the past like 20yrs ago and it is still biting us in this field. And I think if the courts (Federal, State) can forgive y not this field of work that we're n can't. Dont make since.

I totally agree .... I still have a problem with the law in general .. I had a situation with a former bank that i used back in 99 - 01... anyway long story short I had to go to court to pay off some checks... that's on my criminal record (misdemeanor) and because i was with a bad bank I get penalized for it... Not right at all!! But trust me, I'm not crying i'm just stating a fact because even with that and a false positive that a company tried to bury me with .. my faith in GOD is strong and he has always provided... Yes, I'm employed and still doing what i like to do, which is driving ... I really don't have anything to complain about..

Jayslay34 in Oxford, North Carolina

56 months ago

roger in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: It will never be removed from your DAC record,unless the company that put it there removes it.It just listed as a company violation after 3 years. It is still there in the back pages of your report as failed drug sceen.If another company calls the company that placed this on your record and does not pull you DAC record it just depends on what they tell your prospected company.Also going throgh a rehab is irelevent to some companys and not even look at you if your have a failed drug screen.

Well that's not entire true Roger... If you have some kind of reason why you think that its a false positive you can have it removed but you most likely will need help... I used dacfix and they helped me win my case and I got it removed...now the verification forms that companies use is a different story.. Even if you win, they have the choice to go along with the findings or they can continue to report it for the 3 year period.. It sucks but thats life...

BIGDADDEE12006 in Arlington, Texas

55 months ago

HEY CYRUS I TAKE TRAMADOL FOR ARTHRITIS WILL A HAIR TEST SHOW IT AUTOMATICALLY? I KNOW IN A URINE TEST THEY HAVE TO TEST FOR IT SPECIFICALLY BUT IM CHECKING AROUND TO SEE IF I NEED TO TELL PROSPECTIVE COMPANY I USE IT BC IT IS ON A DOT NON APPROVED DRUG LIST

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

55 months ago

Jayslay34 in Oxford, North Carolina said: I totally agree .... I still have a problem with the law in general .. I had a situation with a former bank that i used back in 99 - 01... anyway long story short I had to go to court to pay off some checks... that's on my criminal record (misdemeanor) and because i was with a bad bank I get penalized for it... Not right at all!! But trust me, I'm not crying i'm just stating a fact because even with that and a false positive that a company tried to bury me with .. my faith in GOD is strong and he has always provided... Yes, I'm employed and still doing what i like to do, which is driving ... I really don't have anything to complain about..

Yeah, someone I know has a record but everything is dismissed. In Mass. it doesn't matter every arraignment shows up with the outcome. If an employer decides to pull your record at anytime they'll see it.

jamesallmon

55 months ago

Trucking co. Telling me thay go back 7 years on drug test th law is 3 ?

John in San Diego, California

55 months ago

gramps17 in Sebastian, Florida said: anyone who takes a chance with their licence by using drugs or alcohol deserves what happens to them. I know here in Florida we are starting to see people losing their jobs or not being able to be hired because of any kind of points on their record because the insurance companies tell the truck owners they will either raise their rates or cancel them.This can be a good thing for those of us who have excellent driving & criminal records, weeds out the people who should'nt be driving anyway. Its not hard to not get a ticket,or have your beers on a saturday night & not drink. Like I said, this opens up the market for the pros, (people who take their cdl seriously).I managed to get a higher starting rate & this was before this recent insurance situation because I could save my employer $$$$. Keep this in mind when applying: Things are tight all over diesel is $4.00 gal., insurance, up over 20% so a trucking company has to save $ any way they can.They used to absorb the slight increase, but no more

What about the Drivers that don't smoke marijuana, but their spouse significant other has a medicinal card to smoke for medical reasons? How and where can those drivers get help if they test positive on a drug screening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

55 months ago

SECOND HAND MARIJUANA SMOKE DOES NOT SHOW UP IN URINE TESTS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH RESIDUAL THC TO REGISTER, AND A HAIR TEST WILL POSSIBLY SHOW UP RESIDUE ON YOUR HAIR, BUT SINCE THEY DO ACTUALLY WASH THE HAIR OF ALL CONTAMINANTS BEFORE THEY TEST IT, IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO NOT GET CLEANSED BEFORE THEY TEST IT, IN THEIR OPINION YOUR ACTUALLY USING, BECAUSE ITS THE BY-PRODUCTS INSIDE THE HAIR FOLLICLE THEY'RE TESTING FOR. YES ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF TRUE STORIES OF FALSE-POSITIVES, BUT OVERALL EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE, STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO DO WHILE THEY ARE USING EVEN IF THEY ARE FAMILY MEMBERS WITH PRESCRIPTION WEED USE. MAKE THEM GO TO A SECLUDED AREA (I.E. GARAGE, OUTSIDE PORCH, AN AREA OPEN TO GOOD VENTILATION) WHERE THEY CAN LESSEN THE CHANCES OF CONTAMINATION TO YOU. I SMOKED WEED SOCIALLY WHEN I WAS ABOUT 19-24. BUT ONCE WHEN I WAS 32 I SMOKED WITH AN OLD FRIEND THE DAY BEFORE I GOT POPPED FOR A RANDOM D.O.T. DRUG SCREEN. IT DID NOT SHOW UP. I'M A BIG GUY SO I DO TRULY BELIEVE THE OLD SAYING SIZE COUNTS. MAYBE IT WAS LUCK, MAYBE IT WAS A PHYSICAL FACT THAT IF YOU TRULY DON'T DO A LOT OF SOMETHING, IT DOESN'T STICK WITH YOU.

55 months ago

USUALLY WHEN YOU TELL A RECRUITER THE WHOLE TRUTH, IF THEY ARE CONTINUING IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE APPROVED YOU OVER THE CHARGE.

55 months ago

John in San Diego, California said: What about the Drivers that don't smoke marijuana, but their spouse significant other has a medicinal card to smoke for medical reasons? How and where can those drivers get help if they test positive on a drug screening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

SECOND HAND MARIJUANA SMOKE DOES NOT SHOW UP IN URINE TESTS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH RESIDUAL THC TO REGISTER, AND A HAIR TEST WILL POSSIBLY SHOW UP RESIDUE ON YOUR HAIR, BUT SINCE THEY DO ACTUALLY WASH THE HAIR OF ALL CONTAMINANTS BEFORE THEY TEST IT, IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO NOT GET CLEANSED BEFORE THEY TEST IT, IN THEIR OPINION YOUR ACTUALLY USING, BECAUSE ITS THE BY-PRODUCTS INSIDE THE HAIR FOLLICLE THEY'RE TESTING FOR. YES ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF TRUE STORIES OF FALSE-POSITIVES, BUT OVERALL EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE, STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO DO WHILE THEY ARE USING EVEN IF THEY ARE FAMILY MEMBERS WITH PRESCRIPTION WEED USE. MAKE THEM GO TO A SECLUDED AREA (I.E. GARAGE, OUTSIDE PORCH, AN AREA OPEN TO GOOD VENTILATION) WHERE THEY CAN LESSEN THE CHANCES OF CONTAMINATION TO YOU. I SMOKED WEED SOCIALLY WHEN I WAS ABOUT 19-24. BUT ONCE WHEN I WAS 32 I SMOKED WITH AN OLD FRIEND THE DAY BEFORE I GOT POPPED FOR A RANDOM D.O.T. DRUG SCREEN. IT DID NOT SHOW UP. I'M A BIG GUY SO I DO TRULY BELIEVE THE OLD SAYING SIZE COUNTS. MAYBE IT WAS LUCK, MAYBE IT WAS A PHYSICAL FACT THAT IF YOU TRULY DON'T DO A LOT OF SOMETHING, IT DOESN'T STICK WITH YOU.

55 months ago

OHIO boy in Port Richey, Florida said: im about to start school i told the recuriter about my weed charge 4 year ago can they still send me home when i get there .I ve herd its happened

USUALLY WHEN YOU TELL A RECRUITER THE WHOLE TRUTH, IF THEY ARE CONTINUING IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE APPROVED YOU OVER THE CHARGE.

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.