FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (751 to 800 of 873)
Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

bcpug in Portland, Oregon

45 months ago

jayslay34 in Sanford, North Carolina said: This is so true!!! I personally have had a mix up in the lab before so if there is a way to dispute it, do it!!! I've just really learned that hair isn't as expensive as I thought, so if they won't retest you and you know that your clean, take a hair test and pay for it yourself. If it is negative it will take sometime but they will be forced to remove it from your Dac.. Hair test overrides urine test!

You are wrong in your statement that hair tests' can and will "override" any other test. The CFR's specifically state a URINE test is the presently accepted method for DOT/FAA, pre-employment, random, and mandatory, drug and alcohol testing, in concert with breathalyzer analysis. Even assuming, your contention that an error was made in the administering or analyzing your particular test, is fact, most companies will opt not to consider anyone for employment whose results are questionable. Regardless of the circumstances. Place your efforts in seeking employment in another industry, rather than whining about the inequities in a system that has largely proven to be fair, safe, and successful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mcorvette1953@hotmail.com in Lima, Ohio

44 months ago

that right iam back got a new job haul the fat pink girl hog

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

midnighrider in Lima, Ohio

44 months ago

but my job do stink

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Juan Carlos Montoya in Hilliard, Ohio

44 months ago

Hair test show drug exposure over 7 days and urine show past 72 hours.

Just had my drug test 4 days ago and that is what they told me.

Ps, Make sure you tell person taking hair sample where they can take hair from or they will just clip it out from anywhere no matter how bad it looks. Dime size bald spot right on top my head... Stupid C@#T

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Juan Carlos Montoya in Hilliard, Ohio

44 months ago

I f you failed drug test you are done driving. Go find new career.

Sorry dude, but why waste your time for BS pay. Cosco is hiring as is WalMart

jayslay34 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

44 months ago

bcpug in Portland, Oregon said: You are wrong in your statement that hair tests' can and will "override" any other test. The CFR's specifically state a URINE test is the presently accepted method for DOT/FAA, pre-employment, random, and mandatory, drug and alcohol testing, in concert with breathalyzer analysis. Even assuming, your contention that an error was made in the administering or analyzing your particular test, is fact, most companies will opt not to consider anyone for employment whose results are questionable. Regardless of the circumstances. Place your efforts in seeking employment in another industry, rather than whining about the inequities in a system that has largely proven to be fair, safe, and successful.

Well first of all, I'm not whining about anything.. The system has not been proven fair across the board there is constant arguments and disagreements by drivers, companies, prosports (players and owner) so know what your talking about... 2nd, I have a very good job with a very good company and I'm also attending school.. so know what your talking about!!!!! My comments are in support to people like myself who have been on the other side of the fence... I hope to encourage them to continue the struggle and GOD will proven... I have gotten pass my ordeal I have not fail a drug since because I take precautions now to insure that the people working at the collection facility is doing there job and me, mine..

Finally, I don't care what the CFR state, I'm telling you what the companies have stated, ie JB HUNT, mst, etc..., if you pass the drug test but fail the hair test YOU WILL BE RELEASED!!! period point blank.. Don't take my word for it, call JB Hunt..... I don't know you so why do I have to lie... Call them!

midnighrider in Lima, Ohio

44 months ago

it take 30 day for pot to get out of you but that also go by how much you used it to i quit my job so the drug test didnt go on my dac report and for any one to said it is u are full of it that y i quit and iam back drivring but if u get a 2chane dont do it keep on trucking

Scott in La Puente, California

43 months ago

Go through a Sap program, and beg a small company to give u a Jobs........Its Not who U are it who U know or Blow........Good Luck......X addict...........:)

BigJim in Greenville, North Carolina

43 months ago

bcpug in Seattle, Washington said: CFR's state a falied PREEMPLOYMENT drug test is cause for the airline requesting the test not to hire that individual. And that record is confidential. A DOT/FAA test of a working airline employee(flight attendant) that tests positive requires drug abuse treatment programs as the airline deems necessary prior to returning to active flight status. Two failed mandatory DOT/FAA drug tests permanently eliminate that person from working with the industry ever again, and if a flight attendant fails a single mandatory DOT/FAA drug and leaves the airline for another airline, the failed test will be reported to the new employer, but you must provided written permission. preemployment drug test usually are not DOT controlled, that is why in some circumstances the airline hiring can give a hair test in liu of a urine test which is what the DOT/FAA require...

I sat here and read over your comments and I'm wondering are you a truck driver or are you some kinda office person? You don't sound like a truck driver to me. There is a big difference between a the real world and all that technical stuff you keep typing. What I'm saying is that sometimes bad things happen to good people, sometimes good people get caught up in bad things and sometimes S#it happens.
I was a corrections officer for some years before I started driving truck. I worked with a lot of different types. One of the things that I learned is that people need to connect with others. When we get mad or frustrated about things, we need people that can somewhat understand what is going on so that we can have an outlet. I don't get that at all from you. You sound like you want to let everyone know how smart you are!! They have group for that too. Your probably asking, where are you going with this? Well it's simple, If that's all that you can do, thanks for now and move on. It doesn't look like you have any real experience in the matter at hand so go on now!

x-pot smoker in Colorado Springs, Colorado

43 months ago

1hotmomma in Porter, Texas said: If you find one let me know. Back in March my husband failed a pre employment drug screen with Stevens Transport, it was a screw up of his and he has been clean since, he went to work for Werner in nov. And they didnt report it to them, but after 2 weeks of the bs he went to work with FFE and they fired him a week later b/c Stevens Transport reported it to them. Is his career over or is there somewhere that the pre employment test doesnt matter???

Thank-you i have been clean for 40 days did the pre-employment drug screen and failed i dont plan on smoking pot ever again. so im waiting another 30 days and i will test myself at centera (the test at home kits are BS cause it said negative. i guess im going to hook up with werner to get my 1-2 yr expirence

klain in east windsor, Connecticut

43 months ago

anyone know of an SAP in Connecticut area ( Hartford county) who does cheap evaluations ? Is the only available on DOT website ? The average cost varies?

tumbleweed in Corpus Christi, Texas

43 months ago

Hotmama...your husband has to go through an SAP Counselor to get his CDL and a "BACK-TO-WORK"clearance re-instated, before he can reapply with any trucking company again. In Texas, some office, either with the DMV or DOT reports to the company he's hiring with about the drug screen failure. Even after you've gotten your "back-to-work" certificate. You have to tell them the truth and show them the SAP reinstatement. It counts against you if you lie to them. Trouble is...when you tell em the truth, they won't hire you anyway. Don't give up...you will get many doors slammed in your face, but with the good Lord's help and lotsa luck, there's a job out there waiting for you. After 2 1/2 years, I found me a decent enough driving job. Worked the oilfields in South Texas till then. They're hiring like crazy (right now) and may even get to drive abit with them. It's not OTR, but it paid the bills. I'm hoping that after 3 years the drug screen failure will drop off the record or the trucking companies won't count it against you. KEEP TRYING...there WILL be a shortage of drivers in the USA in the near future. GOOD LUCK!

moorenubianllc

43 months ago

Don't go to SAP, that's when it will appear on dat tell your husband to go to a small company that don't check dat. After 3 years they can't report to the company's are they can get sued. The only way they would no he test dirty is when they send the release form to a company asking has he test positive in the last 3 years.they can't go back no futher then that

chief rocka in Yorktown, Virginia

40 months ago

30 days for urine (typically) & 90 days for hair. Diane does know s**t by saying 10 years

jimmy in Marietta, Georgia

40 months ago

i took a pre-employment drug test with werner in 2006 september and it came back positive for marijuana.then i was stupid and young and i totally blamed myself for it. after all these years am trying to get back on the road with these big companies...can anyone tell me if that still shows up on my dac record, even though i didn't take no sap programme? does anyone know if the big company marten does hair pulls? or urine test.i have clean urine since i havent done anything for a while but i had if they do a hair pull that goes back for years,i dont wonna take a chance n have anything put on ma record...but they called me in for an orientation.am confused to take the chance n go but am afraid on hair pulls...anybody can help me on these pls?

40 months ago

does anybody know of any small companies around me that dont check dac records?

mcorvette1953@hotmail.com in Lima, Ohio

40 months ago

BigJim in Greenville, North Carolina said: I sat here and read over your comments and I'm wondering are you a truck driver or are you some kinda office person? You don't sound like a truck driver to me. There is a big difference between a the real world and all that technical stuff you keep typing. What I'm saying is that sometimes bad things happen to good people, sometimes good people get caught up in bad things and sometimes S#it happens.
I was a corrections officer for some years before I started driving truck. I worked with a lot of different types. One of the things that I learned is that people need to connect with others. When we get mad or frustrated about things, we need people that can somewhat understand what is going on so that we can have an outlet. I don't get that at all from you. You sound like you want to let everyone know how smart you are!! They have group for that too. Your probably asking, where are you going with this? Well it's simple, If that's all that you can do, thanks for now and move on. It doesn't look like you have any real experience in the matter at hand so go on now!

yeb we work in a office we have mobile office come with the job

40 months ago

mcorvette1953@hotmail.com in Lima, Ohio said: yeb we work in a office we have mobile office come with the job

what you mean i dont sound like a truckddriver?? how is a truckdriver supposed to sound like? it seems like you got your own issues buddy? u read what i wrote and thats what it is...all iwas asking is for a little advice coz am trying to get use my licence after what happened..so if you got nothing constructive to tell me? you move on now..someone else will. i dont care what u was...the point is how can i fix what happened to me n start driving?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cliff in Charlotte, North Carolina

40 months ago

jimmy in Marietta, Georgia said: what you mean i dont sound like a truckddriver?? how is a truckdriver supposed to sound like? it seems like you got your own issues buddy? u read what i wrote and thats what it is...all iwas asking is for a little advice coz am trying to get use my licence after what happened..so if you got nothing constructive to tell me? you move on now..someone else will. i dont care what u was...the point is how can i fix what happened to me n start driving?

Lol! Jimmy what are you replying to? That comment wasn't to you.LOL! I'm going to like this forum. To answer your question Jimmy. Companies can't report an incident after 3yrs and also, they were not required to report it to DOT, so it's not on your driving record. If you are not sure, go to your DMV a get a copy of your driving record. The complete one will show you everything and get a copy of your DAC. You will have to send off for that or use someone such as DAC fix.

The hair test only goes back so far. The length of your hair determines how far it goes back usually 90 days to 120 days. You can find info online.

Finally, my suggestion and you can take it or leave it. DON'T GO TO ANYONE'S INTERVIEW OR ORIENTATION until this mess is resolved and you get whatever drug you got in you out.

40 months ago

oooh! am sorry my fault...i seriously thought that was directed to me. anyway its been almost 5yrs since that happened to me with werner, and i havent applied for any driving jobs till now.do you really think they would know by now about werner? and why would they call me in for an orientation? do you know if marten transport does hair drug test...or should i call and ask? pls anyone with advice help me on these one...lol! i really wonna get on the road..

jenhippiechic in Topanga, California

40 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

My husband uses synthetic urine, and passes every time. It has a thermometer on it, and it needs to be in a certain range. Ask to be retested and use synthetic

Trucker in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Jimmy, if your not using, y would u even worry about a hair test...if it's been 5 years there is nothing on your record!! If they called u for orientation, sounds like u got the job!!

40 months ago

Best way to pass a drug test is to not use!! Itd not worth the loss of income!!! Life us much much better clean, I know, FIRST HAND!!! it is so cOmforting to hear all these stories about druggies out on the road with our innocent families and children!!

40 months ago

jimmy in Marietta, Georgia said: oooh! am sorry my fault...i seriously thought that was directed to me. anyway its been almost 5yrs since that happened to me with werner, and i havent applied for any driving jobs till now.do you really think they would know by now about werner? and why would they call me in for an orientation? do you know if marten transport does hair drug test...or should i call and ask? pls anyone with advice help me on these one...lol! i really wonna get on the road..

Jimmy, I agree with Trucker in Brooklyn, New York. If it's been 5yrs dude, your alright. If you have long hair just cut it. Call those companies and just ask them. I'm sure they would tell you because they don't want to pay to bring you down to where ever and take the chance of you failing a drug test!

40 months ago

Yes, but if you ask them, I would not tell them who u are!!

40 months ago

Trucker in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes, but if you ask them, I would not tell them who u are!!

Once again, we are in agreement. I would even go as far as call from a different number or get someone else to do it :). To end all, I would not take bad habits out on the road and that is to say that if he is still into anything that is not legal, DON'T DRIVE BIG TRUCKS! At least not until you stop them!

40 months ago

am not doing it no more..i know if they give me a urine test am clean. and i already learnt my lesson. i was just nervous about the hair test coz i know it goes way back depending on the company that hires you. do you guys think when i put applications i should let them know i failed a urine screen with werner? coz someone told me they'll see i worked for werner, but it wount show if i failed a pre-employment test?? i donno if they'll call and ask them since its been 5yrs ever since i failed. can anybody tell me if they'll find out?....am confused, since they asked for 10 yrs of employment?someone pls knows about how it goes i would really appreciate some good advice...pls guys?

40 months ago

@Jimmy!! Listen, you sound like a honest person who made a bad mistake....in this instance u need to be be dishonest and quit worrying....if u failed a test keep your trap shut and keep moving!!! It was five years ago, no one is going to find out! PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED, YOU NEVER WORKED THERE OR APPLIED THERE!!GOT IT?? Good luck!!! :)

40 months ago

trucker in newyork...lol!thanks pal...am just nervous not to not get the job. am suprised a lot of these big companies are calling my phone coz i put my appl. online. ill hope all goes well. thanks alot.

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

40 months ago

yes sir keep it to your self it work out

haywe2004 in Wheaton, Illinois

40 months ago

Does anyone know where I can find a job after finishing the sap program ? Anywhere in the Chicagoland Area or surrounding areas? Your response will be highly appreciated!!!!

Johnny Dallas Tx in Arlington, Texas

40 months ago

jayslay34 in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: Well first of all, I'm not whining about anything.. The system has not been proven fair across the board there is constant arguments and disagreements by drivers, companies, prosports (players and owner) so know what your talking about... 2nd, I have a very good job with a very good company and I'm also attending school.. so know what your talking about!!!!! My comments are in support to people like myself who have been on the other side of the fence... I hope to encourage them to continue the struggle and GOD will proven... I have gotten pass my ordeal I have not fail a drug since because I take precautions now to insure that the people working at the collection facility is doing there job and me, mine..

Finally, I don't care what the CFR state, I'm telling you what the companies have stated, ie JB HUNT, mst, etc..., if you pass the drug test but fail the hair test YOU WILL BE RELEASED!!! period point blank.. Don't take my word for it, call JB Hunt..... I don't know you so why do I have to lie... Call them!

the guy that mentioned the CFR have him hit my email and I like for you to hit my email I,m fixing to leave out 5-24 but leave me a way to contact you when i get back i like to talk to you personally cause I,m living the nightmare from the mistake of people in the lab. I,ve lost so much and still going through problems from their mistake

imhiding in Phoenix, Arizona

40 months ago

i took a urine test today she said i would have to retest because my urine was over 100 it was pre employment and she said id have to be watched my question is, is it dirty if it was over 100 degre temp or is it inconclusive,and will that go on my dac i didnt retest i just split

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

maddcoww64 in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

What if the company that I worked for does not report to dac? Can an employer find out about a positive thc drug screen?

Pissed hot and pissed off in Killeen, Texas

38 months ago

Its a shame to throw away a driver who works hard with no accidents over a failed piss test. I got popped on a reasonable suspicion drug test. I dont go to work stoned, and what I do on my personal time off is my own business. A mechanic found what looked like a half smoked rolled cig in my ash trey- it had been there for along time and i had gone through many check points with drug sniffing dogs and they didnt identify me at any time with drugs- I dont smoke cigs but when Im off duty I might smoke a little reefer- it does nt make me a bad person, it does nt make me a bad driver- smoking weed is not for everyone, and the federal government has certainly brainwashed the public against life liberty, and happiness, also holding companies hostage and to unreasonable standards. There are plenty of accidents in the trucking industry that are not drug or alcohol related. On the same token- I know the rules and I feel stupid for imbibing in a substance that make me feel good without a hangover- however THC will hang over in your system for 45 days if your a heavy smoker. Im the type of person who likes to do my job and come home- Im not out to be a supper trucker or a know it all. What I do know is that the rules regarding the use of Cannabis have changed to the disadvantage of the working class man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I agree in Jupiter, Florida

38 months ago

@pissed hot and pissed off, I believe that it is a violation of our liberty as humans not to be able to smile weed....but it is what it is and we've got to abide by the law and these lawmakers in washy ton trying to control us until we do something to change this! It's really sucks!!! It's different if your high on the job, but why cant one do what they want on their off time!!! Really really sucks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

stillmad in Peachtree City, Georgia

38 months ago

Pretty good forum -- need some help and advice -- Thanks in advance!

I'm 53 yrs old, never taken any drugs in my life or smoked any. In 2006 lost my job (layed off) got my CDL and started driving with company A -- drove for 1 year, clean record, no accidents, no nothing -- In 2007 resigned from company A to go to work with company B (both A&B are national carriers). After 2 days orentation with company B I'm notified that I tested positive for cocanie (pre-employment hair drug test). I'm all freaked out, get another test done by an independent lab, same result. I did independent testing on my urine, testing it myself for over 2 months trying to figure out what happened. Long and short of it is this: Cocaine is measured in nanograms on the DOT drug test -- the cut off point is 25 nanograms which is an extreme small amount, my tests all said 32 nanograms. About 8 months later I run across an article where they did studies of the amount of cocain on paper money -- they measure it in micrograms, but if you convert it to nanograms you multiple it by 100 -- so there are as much as 13000 nanograms on paper money. Heres the link: www.livescience.com/2740-highest-traces-cocaine-bills.html So how did it get in my system? I remembered back when I was standing in a line in DC at McDonnalds, about 9pm, had been driving all day droped my load picked up another and was starved to death. In front me in the food line was 3 drivers who appeared to be druged up on something. They all got their order, I paid for my order with a $100 bill, it was all I had -- I received all of their $1 $5 and $10 bills cause thats all they had for my change -- they had been wadded up and it was a stack of wrinkled bills -- I proceeded to sit down and start mashing and pressing out this wadded wrinkled stack of mess so it would fit into my wallet. I then ate and gobbled down my Big Mac and frys, with my fingers of course. This is how cocain got into my system. continued below

stillmad in Peachtree City, Georgia

38 months ago

I know this because I talked to the supervison at the hair test site that I paid for. She explained that the ingestion of cocain was about 7 weeks earlier based on their results. I went back to my log book and presto, what I was in DC missed 7 weeks by 2 days. Moral of the story, wash your freaking hands before you eat.

Sorry for the long explaining -- questions is. I got my DAC and the drug test don't show anymore but company B is now showing as a past employer for 2 days. I never received any pay. Can I get company B removed from my DAC? bacause I don't want a potential employer to contact company B? Can I get an attorney and have them removed from my DAC? Thank You

chickenhanger in Woodstock, Georgia

37 months ago

i have a quick question for all y'all. this company i went to for orientation told me my drug screen was inconclusive and would need to re-test. o.k. fine, no problem. that night i was talking to a driver in the same hotel who was quiting the same company i was applying for.long story short they expect you to run illegally on you're hours. So the next day when they are about to assign me a truck, i say i don't want to work for them now and buy me a bus ticket home.there was a slight altercation and i was dropped at a bus station to get home the best i could. anyway, got home and was invited to orientation with another company.Now 2 weeks later the former company sends me letter saying my drug screen was positive. can the new company still hire me if i pass their drug screen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SandStorm in Anonymous Proxy

37 months ago

Yeah, good thing you didn't take the SAP. I'm sure there would be a record of that somewhere. I bet Schneider said you would have to take the SAP before you could apply for them again.
Employers can't say anything after 3 years. In my experience they don't say anymore than they have to anyway. Basically verification of employment and the dates. They may be required to say something during the 3 years, I don't know. You didn't actually drive a pumpkin truck so Schneider won't even be in the loop.
I have called former employers and talked to people in HR to see exactly what would be said when a prospective employer calls. The people are usually helpful and are simply reading words on a screen.
If your getting hard copies from Hire-Right you should be golden.
I never write my real SS# on anything except my W-2. Make a 4 look like a 9 or a 3 look like an 8. I have never been called on it.

SandStorm in Anonymous Proxy

37 months ago

Yeah, good thing you didn't take the SAP. I'm sure there would be a record of that somewhere. I bet Schneider said you would have to take the SAP before you could apply for them again.
Employers can't say anything after 3 years. In my experience they don't say anymore than they have to anyway. Basically verification of employment and the dates. They may be required to say something during the 3 years, I don't know. You didn't actually drive a pumpkin truck so Schneider won't even be in the loop.
I have called former employers and talked to people in HR to see exactly what would be said when a prospective employer calls. The people are usually helpful and are simply reading words on a screen.
If your getting hard copies from Hire-Right you should be golden.
I never write my real SS# on anything except my W-2. Make a 4 look like a 9 or a 3 look like an 8. I have never been called on it.

johnsonmike1104@yahoo.com in Tyler, Texas

37 months ago

I have empathy for all my trucking freinds on our nations highways. Having browsedthis forum , I recalled a strike of all ind,T.D. This nation was flipped on it's back with a broke spine. It is up to us to protect ourselves and vote the power away from the agencies who seem entitled to run other peoples lives. We need to take care to form a national chapter of operators that can effectively take the responsibilities away from the prevailing powers and privatise, our lives and credentials. If I had the ability to run for The Office of The President of The United States Of America I would. This would be early on my agenda of actions to change to the private sector

midnight rider in Lima, Ohio

37 months ago

a men

midnight rider in Lima, Ohio

37 months ago

Gary in League City, Texas said: I failed a pre-employment drug test for Schieder back in March of 2007. It never showed up on my DAC, and I have checked several times to make sure including here very recently. I never taken the SAP classes either. Does this mean that I'm clear? Or will that pop back up if I take another pre-employment drug screen for another company? I have been "clean" since January of 2007.

So do they record your SOC # and run it when testing you to see if you have failed a test before or were put on a "list" to take the SAP? Any info would be great.

dont put them down on any app

jeraine taylor in Seymour, Texas

37 months ago

boodawg in Decatur, Alabama said: Failed drug screen will stay on your record for 10 years.Insurance company has the say if you get hired.Large companies consider you not for hire.I failed a random 3 yrs ago,went through rehab and have letter for return to work by DOT certified counselor and still no trucking co.will hire me.Good Luck

i didnt reck are anything in a truck just toke something for my back after a horse throughed me and it showed in drug test a year ago in New mexico , and got my tx licence because i moved here got hired on to drive vac truck, and its has been 3 months almost now they let me go because of that a year ago saying i have to go to rehab and i dont even drank are any thing and money is what i have that is why i work to surve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Johnny Dallas Tx in Irving, Texas

36 months ago

To the guy that flunked test a Schnieder you are automatically listed with SAMHSA and it is in the company personal records that when you apply at another job that info of whether or not you flunked DOT or Non DOT test ill be asked by next company and the record of will be acessible for their knowledge

JohnJohn in Mathis, Texas

36 months ago

Hi, i was wondering .... I have been prescribed to Adderhall for school purposes of helping me focus at college, as I am dyslexic at times when reading. So I ended up putting school off about a week ago, a few days after i quit and decided to get a job with a oil field company here in tx.. they had me take a DOT physical and drug test.

My question is if I was prescribed this medicine by a doctor will it effect me passing the DOT exam? Was just wondering.... Iv already taken it and did tell them it would probably show up in the exam as a amphetamine ahead of time. Was wondering if it would still hurt me passing... even if it was prescribed by a doctor. I dont have my CDL yet but the place I am being hired on by is putting me through schooling for it and thus the reasoning for the DOT drug test and exam... Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Fadeltamom in Saint Petersburg, Florida

36 months ago

JohnJohn in Mathis, Texas said: Hi, i was wondering .... I have been prescribed to Adderhall for school purposes of helping me focus at college, as I am dyslexic at times when reading. So I ended up putting school off about a week ago, a few days after i quit and decided to get a job with a oil field company here in tx.. they had me take a DOT physical and drug test.

My question is if I was prescribed this medicine by a doctor will it effect me passing the DOT exam? Was just wondering.... Iv already taken it and did tell them it would probably show up in the exam as a amphetamine ahead of time. Was wondering if it would still hurt me passing... even if it was prescribed by a doctor. I dont have my CDL yet but the place I am being hired on by is putting me through schooling for it and thus the reasoning for the DOT drug test and exam... Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Bring a copy of the prescription and you will not have a problem!!!

Mixxmann in Virden, Illinois

36 months ago

gramps17 in Sebastian, Florida said: anyone who takes a chance with their licence by using drugs or alcohol deserves what happens to them. I know here in Florida we are starting to see people losing their jobs or not being able to be hired because of any kind of points on their record because the insurance companies tell the truck owners they will either raise their rates or cancel them.This can be a good thing for those of us who have excellent driving & criminal records, weeds out the people who should'nt be driving anyway. Its not hard to not get a ticket,or have your beers on a saturday night & not drink. Like I said, this opens up the market for the pros, (people who take their cdl seriously).I managed to get a higher starting rate & this was before this recent insurance situation because I could save my employer $$$$. Keep this in mind when applying: Things are tight all over diesel is $4.00 gal., insurance, up over 20% so a trucking company has to save $ any way they can.They used to absorb the slight increase, but no more

You don't know s@%$ about weed. i have smoked for 20 years, never had an accident and haven't missed a day of work in 10 years. It's B.S. that I could come home and drink every night but if I smoke a joint with a friend my whole life/career will be in jeopardy. All of these antiquated ideas need to die off with the older generation who can't see the difference between weed and hard drugs!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mixxmann in Virden, Illinois

36 months ago

I recently failed a pre employment drug test for weed. I was not working for a trucking company but a small delivery service. I have a class A CDL but did not need it for this job. They had me go take a DOT drug screen and physical and the test was positive for weed. Do I have to do a drug program before I can get another driving job. I never filled out the paper work to be fully employed. I'm guessing the DOT will be notified. I don't really know what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated!!
Thanks....

Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.