FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (801 to 850 of 876)
Page:  « First « Previous   14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

Fadeltamom in Saint Petersburg, Florida

40 months ago

Until weed is legal, if you want a job with a cdl, u need to abide by the laws!! It is what it is, dumb or not, it's still illegal!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mixxmann in Virden, Illinois

40 months ago

Bridge It in Denver, Colorado said: Mixxman,
You should move to Vegas, buy a condo for no money down, and adopt a greyhound!

Thank for absolutely no help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

randy hudson in Wooster, Ohio

39 months ago

crazyrussian said: My inquiry is this. As I understand, most drug tests are urine tests. In what cases test done via hair or blood????????

I was working for a trucking co (LOCAL 9 to 5)and was tested 5 times in two years period. They were urine tests. RANDOM. The way it was done is, you come back to yard from one of your runs and they give you notice, that you been "randomly" selected, so they give you 30 min to get to testing place, which was 5 miles away. When at testing place, you had to empty your pockets and go to the room, ALONE!, and pee in the cup..... I like to party on weekends and sometimes, when really drunk, I like to "powder my nose" if you know what I mean. The way I got around these tests is, I always had a "belt with a pouch filled with synthetic urine" in my lunch bag and put it on, on the way to test site.....
Now I am looking for an OTR job and interested to know, what are procedures in these BIG OTR companies. I mean, would I be able to do the same trick, if I'll always have my "belt" with me. And how are the test sites? I heard that at some testing facilities they actually WATCH YOU PEE in the cup?!?!
Can you please share your drug testing experiences with me?! I would really appreciate it.
P.S. I just want to mention that, SAFTY is my #1 priority and I NEVER DID or would DO drugs on duty!!! It's just a rare ocasional weekend recreation activity.... also...does anyone knows, how long coke stays in your system.
Thanks....Keep On Truckin' !!!

You shouldn't be in a truck if you powder your nose, or anything else.

Freddie in Grantsville, Maryland

39 months ago

Where r u from? I don't really think anyones going to tell u because u shouldn't be drivin a truck or car...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pissed hot and pissed off in Clifton, Texas

39 months ago

Just dont let it stop you from trying to find a job - if you find a smaller company work there for a while.

39 months ago

I have not ever or would not ever bring pot on a big truck or go to work with drugs on my truck but what I do after work on my own time is my business and if a company wants to fire me or give me a hard time because of my beliefs well then what kind of country have we allowed to come to power. There has to be a limit to what companies and the government can hold over you. As far as Im concerned - you would nt drink on the job - I would nt get stoned on the job either. Those things are appropriate on your off time. So when you get random drug testing and pop hot for THC- is like being held accountable for something you said a long time ago. I believe it is choice and part of my right as a free human being to smoke pot if I want, responsibly f course, and that means not on the job.

39 months ago

Well you should get into the oil field as a trucker right now but OTR is the same pee test thing and as long as you dont reck alot you should be fine for a while - keep you sythetic trick up your sleeve.

39 months ago

ignorance to drug use makes you a big part of the problem- Drugs dont make you a bad person or a bad driver. Ask yourself this if someone gets in an accident when they are sober and people die- could it have been preventable- most accidents are. If someone is drunk and causes an accident and people die- could that have been preventable- yes- but it happens everyday. It all about personal responsibility - I ve smoked pot for 20 years and never been in a major accident in my 4 wheeler vehicle or a big truck but I dont drink and drive and I dont smoke and get in a big truck. Do you see how this should be open for debate and there are no absolutes, because there are alot of so called sober drivers who have killed people for lack of care, and responsibility for other people and what do you think is more dangerous - them or me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pro.Life4Me in Gig Harbor, Washington

39 months ago

BRAD in Wichita Falls, Texas said: I WAS HIRED BY ATRUCKING COMPANY. THEY SENT ME TO SCHOOL FOR TRAINING. I HAVE A FAILED DRUG TEST AND THEY HAVE TESTED ME 3 TIME IN 3 MONTHS. SAD TO SAY I DID NOT GET THE JOB. WHO WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE?

Perhaps it would be a good time to give up drugs and your tests won't keep coming up positive....just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Momma

39 months ago

Ok, been reading some of these VERY ridiculous posts!! It is wonderful to feel high, HOWEVER, it is not your right, has never been your "right" in this country!! HELLO!!! it is illegal !! You can not do it even in your off tone if you expect to maintain any safety sensitive position .....it's just the way it is, for now, so until the law is changed you better get used to it, follow the letter of the law, or find a new way to make a living, PERIOD!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

solari001 in Apopka, Florida

39 months ago

You and my so called brother are cut from the same cloth..he too saw nothing wrong with smoking pot until he alienated everyone in our family...if he didn't have money for his pot habit he would run over everyone..he was abusive (p, rude and cruel..I haven't spoken to him in almost 10 years..he claims to be off the pot, but like most users he's a class a liar and moron..fyi a trucker who was high caused a major accident that killed a 4 year old child, put my Wife in the hospital for close to 3 years yes, she nearly died, did die twice on the table..he claimed he hadn't used since the prior Sat. yet he tested positive for drugs on the day he was arrested which was a Fri...you,do know drugs can affect you on your days off... right?? "I'm not working today I'll sniff that powder, pop that pill or light up that joint, who am I hurting it is after all my day off work, so if I want to be stupid I can"..then the crash happens, people die and the junkie is standing there unsteady of course not understanding why he's in trouble all he can say is: "Gee officer, I'm not working today...so I have a right to do the drugs, I swear tomorrow, I'll be straight for work...after all I do need that money to buy my drugs.." personally I'm fed up with the stupid it should be legal mentality..wanna kill yourself fine, od at home, stay home and do what you please to yourself, but by God, don't come out into the streets messed up, you may want to kill your own stupid...self (yes I censored myself), but you sure as **** have no right to kill anyone else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

My mother almost had me arrested for it along time ago. Weather you or the federal government like it or not, good people like me want it legalized. Ive never had a major accident but that could all change tomorrow because of all the other crazy things that go on on the roads these days. I dont bring drugs on a big truck or get behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs. I like driving a big truck and I take it seriously , safety at all times. I respect your perspective. Smoking pot does nt make you a bad person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ptshane1@msn.com in Medina, Texas

39 months ago

I dont take any illegal drugs but I do take Ambien and Xanax as prescribed by my doctor for the last 3 years. Does ANYONE know if these prescribed medications will cause me to fail a drug test with a trucking company or the DOT. I am considering attending a school and obtaining my CDL in the next three months.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

keisha25 in Clarksdale, Mississippi

39 months ago

I was working for a school, after being hired permenantly I was asked to take a drug test which wasn't a problem since I have never done drugs. I don't even smoke to my suprise a month later I was called into the office and asked to leave, because they said my drug test was positive for several drugs. I knew that this couldn't be true so I asked to retake the drug test at my expense and was told no. So i took it upon myself to find a place that I didn't need a referral, I finally found somewhere 2 hours away I took a hair follicle test which within a week came back negative. After reviewing both test I realized that both test were negative. I called the company that administered the first test and they said they never told my employer that the test was positive. So after being fired for no reason I initially thought that the clinic had made a mistake since Ive never tried drugs before I later found out that it was the school that misread the results. 7 months later I am still without a job and plan to sue them for all I can because I feel that before messing with a person's life as they did, they should have called to verify what they were thinking was a positive results, or maybe they purposely did it thinking I would just let it go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

You should do everything you can to bring that out into the open. Make a Youtube video about it. Send it to me. Sue them. STAND UP. Its time for us all to realize we are all in this war together weather you use drugs including alcohol or are a better than you hypocrite. I ve been fired for being accused of being on drugs when I was nt on drugs no pee test, they just fired me one day and I was too young to know what to do but I wish I could go back and sue them but eventually they went out of business. There is a huge problem with discriminating people for marajuana especially, and it needs to stop. Soon you smokers of tobacco will be next- no insurance for you- nicotine users could be outlaws like pot smokers and then we will be in the same boat together and in a way we already are. Pot made me think before I was over come with anger on the bull that goes on in the work place we spend more time in than home and in the world that criminals have recked.

Steve

38 months ago

I just graduated in aug and got my cdl. I have no driving exprience and applied for schnieder recent. They said they could no longer proceed with my application because I failed my drug test. I was completely surprise because I don't do any kind of drugs. I tested positive with tylenol with codeine. I remembered my gfs mom gave it to me because she had no tylenol or advil. I have rheumatoid arthritis n don't take medications bcus my liver was getting damage in the process. So when the pain is bad I take a few advils. Any way, since I never drove before n it was a pre employment does that failed drug test go on my dac, can I still go otr or with a major company. Is my career over before it even started .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Manchester, Tennessee

38 months ago

so has anyone found any companies that will hire with a positive drug test?? i live in Middle tennessee and am not having any luck. i was working for shaffer and indulged on my hometime and got tested when i went back. I've been through the SAP program already. If i could go back to that weekend i sure would do something different, what a headache. anyway, any tips would be great ,
thanks

politiciansall suck

37 months ago

It's not DAC. DAC is just the messenger.. Each company, basdd on their own insurance relationships, sets the policy for hiring drivers with bad dacs...
they differ (of course) but I find that some carriers have a 3 year min wait after a positive drug test, other carriers have a 5 , 7 or 10 year wait (respectively) for re-eligibility from their DAC related event. Just DON"T fill in the drug test release section from the release page for all your last employers.. They aren't required for beyond 3 years and you have to give them permission. If you have a combined accidents AND drug positives, you are pretty screwed. Just ask the HR lady how long do they make drivers wait till they can re apply after a positive, tell her that you have knee problems(or whatever your past medical records could possibly attribute too) and you used your old prescription that was you couldn't locate the bottle to when your past employer random-ed you, give her a sob story..
if that don't work, Learn ac/heating.. good luck.

158 in Indianapolis, Indiana

37 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: Can't you have a hair analysis drug screen. It would show what has been in your system for the past several months. I would think that would hold up in court or with DOT.

Actually the DOT will not accept a hair follicle test as they are unreliable.

tek_baskota@yahoo.com in Syracuse, New York

37 months ago

how can i check the driver file to know that weather the pre-employment drug screen failed test in there? or not.

tek_baskota@yahoo.com in Syracuse, New York

37 months ago

where can i get trucking job ? i fail pre-employment drug screen test with wanner interprise but i did work with dot certified licensed social worker and now i am certified to do any safety essential functioning job . i am aplying to many companies for trucking job but no body is calling to me. i any body know any company that can hire me let me know. i am recent school graduate. i have CDL class A with double -triple and X endorsement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bigfoot in Cranbrook, British Columbia

36 months ago

Jim in Brooklyn, New York said: I read about drug testing and found out that in cetain tests if the machines are not kept extremely clean your results could be contaminated by previous samples. If you have not smoked weed in 5 or more weeks there is no way you should have tested positive. You could be the victim of a sloppy doctors office. I would ask to take the test again!

I have been taking a drug test every week for 8 weeks and still can not pass. I did 2 7 day cleanse and one 5 day cleanse and still haven't been able to pass. So 5 weeks is not accurate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

35 months ago

tek_baskota@yahoo.com in Syracuse, New York said: where can i get trucking job ? i fail pre-employment drug screen test with wanner interprise but i did work with dot certified licensed social worker and now i am certified to do any safety essential functioning job . i am aplying to many companies for trucking job but no body is calling to me. i any body know any company that can hire me let me know. i am recent school graduate. i have CDL class A with double -triple and X endorsement.

All I can say is keep looking.Many companies won't hire with a failed test or refusal ever.They don't believe in second chances.

Bobo in Eatontown, New Jersey

35 months ago

Schneider test urine and hair. Urine you should be clean in three four days. Hair is about three months give or take, (depends on how fast you hair grows!) For hair they test for the 5 main 5 drugs and it's quite accurate. 2. What drugs are included in a standard Hair Drug Test?
Cocaine, marijuana, opiates (Codeine, Morphine & 6-monoacteyl morphine), methamphetamine, (Meth/amphetamine & Ecstasy), and phencyclidine (PCP). These five drug classes are mandated for testing by the Federal Government.

They use omega labratories. Here is their link www.omegalabs.net/abouthairtesting/hairtestingfaq/hairtestingfaq.aspx

There is a much bigger crack down on painkillers. They test for morphine codine and it's metabolite which is 6-monoacteyl morphine( how codine breaks up in yor body)

This lab that they use is also the first one to be approved by FDA to test for Extended opiates which included hyroCodone and oxycodone.

Just beware out there. It's cheaper now to do hair drug tests that can go back a few months so make sure you are clean before you apply. It's that simple. Better wait now then have it on your record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Must really suk to have to worry and wonder about drug tests.Wonder if you're going to pass it,what kind of test they perform,ect.Sure glad I don't have to worry about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Also a failed drug test goes on your dac Alot of companies won't even think twice,they don't hire failed drug test applicants EVER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Clyde McPhatter in Springfield, Virginia said: Solari001 from Apopka, FL

You're absolutely right. We have too many sh!tbird truck drivers on the road, for only one reason...money.

All you "perfesshanull truk" drivers, who don't know the difference between the common words of you're and your, reveal your ignorance all over this board.

You think you're professional because you have a CDL. BS Professional, in the realm of doctors, engineers, or other professions, means they have continual annual educational requirements, take oaths of doing no harm in their practices, they are governed by boards and societies (governed, not just advised). Truckers don't do any of that. Nothing equates to a professional society. Yours is a J.O.B.

And quit bitchin' about the false positives, about the wah wah wahhing that you lost your job. Ya'll paid too much as it is, where a trained ape can do your job.

I don't do drugs and do not fell sorry for the ones that do fail a drug test.But let me ask you something Claud,do you drive trk?Have you ever drove a semi?If not,you get out there and see if you can do it then come back and tell us we are over paid and a trained ape can do our job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Is there an edit button?Sometimes I type too fast and don't re read it before I post it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Momma in Saint Petersburg, Florida

35 months ago

That was a real mean thing to say Clyde, comparing truckers to trained apes...I am not a trucker, but I have to jump in in that comment!! They are a valuable and important part of our economy! See how long we would survive without them!! This country would shut down without truckers! How dare you make dun of their profession!! AND NO!!!! a trained ape could not do that job!! Shame on you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Momma in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: That was a real mean thing to say Clyde, comparing truckers to trained apes...I am not a trucker, but I have to jump in in that comment!! They are a valuable and important part of our economy! See how long we would survive without them!! This country would shut down without truckers! How dare you make dun of their profession!! AND NO!!!! a trained ape could not do that job!! Shame on you!!!
Thank you momma.I feel strange calling you momma but that is your screenmane.Claud probably can't find a job except for picking up cans for a living.There are many Clauds that hate trk drivers.You learn to ignore the shallow minded ppl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Steve said: I just graduated in aug and got my cdl. I have no driving exprience and applied for schnieder recent. They said they could no longer proceed with my application because I failed my drug test. I was completely surprise because I don't do any kind of drugs. I tested positive with tylenol with codeine. I remembered my gfs mom gave it to me because she had no tylenol or advil. I have rheumatoid arthritis n don't take medications bcus my liver was getting damage in the process. So when the pain is bad I take a few advils. Any way, since I never drove before n it was a pre employment does that failed drug test go on my dac, can I still go otr or with a major company. Is my career over before it even started .
That's too bad.Schneider is a mega carrier and they report EVERYTHING ON DACS.I would suggest keep on looking maybe small companies that don't use dacs and trains.For a huge company all I can suggest is telling the recruiter right away before she pulls up your dac then she may take that into consideration.Don't take anymore medicide with codine in it and whatever medicine you do take,tell the tester.I'll be starting a company soon and I won't even use mouthwash a day before the test because listerine does have alcohol in it.

+

35 months ago

Clyde McPhatter in Springfield, Virginia said: Your story stinks. It's a lie, and you know it. You did drugs on your "off time" and you think it's your business, and you got caught. Face the music "sistah".
Good ole Claud that thinks he knows so much.Did u not read the entire story IDIOT,she passed the hair follicle test.Ever hear of test not being 100% accurate?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Go back to your job picking up cans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Clyde McPhatter in Springfield, Virginia said: You mean, "have I ever driven a truck"? Wow, you sure can butcher the English language, are you a schoolteacher too?

As for driving a truck, yes, I have, and it isn't rocket science, so you shouldn't get a rocket scientist's pay.

Quit lieing Claud,you never drove trk a day in your life.If you have then you would know trk drivers don't get paid much.A person on min wage gets paid more then company drivers do.Let me guess,I bet you're just angry because no company will hire you and can't say that I blame them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Momma in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Clyde McPhatter in Springfield, Virginia said: Those "people" aren't driving 40+ tons of steel down the road, and won't kill people as they sit in their offices. Get a grip! You eff'ed up and you pay the price.

And a pilot can't kill people flying high??? Huh!?!!

Momma in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Clyde McPhatter in Springfield, Virginia said: Your story stinks. It's a lie, and you know it. You did drugs on your "off time" and you think it's your business, and you got caught. Face the music "sistah".

You have real issues , you are a very hostile person and should refrain from your insults that you have Bren throwing around on this forum!! You are mist likely a racist also!! Dint think I didn't catch that remark " sistah" just because the poster is named Keisha!! She's not your sister and it was vet disrespectful of you!! Please mark this person Clydesdale comments as abusive! No one wants to hear it!! Have a nice day!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Momma in West Palm Beach, Florida said: You have real issues , you are a very hostile person and should refrain from your insults that you have Bren throwing around on this forum!! You are mist likely a racist also!! Dint think I didn't catch that remark " sistah" just because the poster is named Keisha!! She's not your sister and it was vet disrespectful of you!! Please mark this person Clydesdale comments as abusive! No one wants to hear it!! Have a nice day!!
I agree,this guy is being very abusive.If he has so much anamosity towards truck drivers then why don't he just stay away from this part of the forum?I've been driving since 2003 and if I can help somebody ,i'm going to do just that and not be disrespectful about it.I do know some about the industry ,the laws and policies companies have.

don in Poway, California

34 months ago

i live in ca. im about to hire on with a otr trucking company in the midwest henderson trucking has anyone heard of that co. im just gun shy on the words of recruiters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

don in Poway, California

34 months ago

ptshane1@msn.com in Medina, Texas said: I dont take any illegal drugs but I do take Ambien and Xanax as prescribed by my doctor for the last 3 years. Does ANYONE know if these prescribed medications will cause me to fail a drug test with a trucking company or the DOT. I am considering attending a school and obtaining my CDL in the next three months.

Thank you

hey pt have you heard if prescription xanax will be against you on a dot test i too take a low dose of that prescription and am wondering too

34 months ago

First thing you should do before attending a school is call some starter companies and see what they say.It all depends what those meds are for.Secondly you'll have a questioneer to fill out before taking a drug test make sure to put those meds down and also tell the tester your on medication and make sure you have those 2 med with you the day of the testing show.The nurse will need to see them.I would ask your doctor if u can drive a semi while under those meds.

savga54 in Thomson, Georgia

34 months ago

Get a written statement from your Doctor saying what medications you are on and why. always carry this statement with you. Make sure the company you work for has a copy. Also call any DOT approved testing office to see if these meds will keep you from having a driving job, not the company. Don't do ANY drugs not prescribed to you. Good luck.

Momma in Windermere, Florida

34 months ago

As long as u have a prescription for any medication, you will pass the DOT test....they are looking for drugs that you may be taking illegally.

lackey1969 in King George, Virginia

34 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

lackey1969

34 months ago

lackey1969 in King George, Virginia said: lackey1969
Oh boy that's a tough one.So since you have'nt smoked weed since 2001,you don't have a jealous wife or gf that could have slipped pot in your food do you?Or have you been around anybody that was smoking it.You know enev the fumes can get you high.What's wrong with small companies.most ppl prefer them over the meg carriers.But with small companies comes bad equipment and bad safety.Been there with my last company.I wish I had an answer for you how to get it removed.Could you maybe ask if you can do a retest.It'll cost some money but hey it' better then having a failed test on your dac.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cryin' Ryan in Issaquah, Washington

33 months ago

ptshane1@msn.com in Medina, Texas said: I dont take any illegal drugs but I do take Ambien and Xanax as prescribed by my doctor for the last 3 years. Does ANYONE know if these prescribed medications will cause me to fail a drug test with a trucking company or the DOT. I am considering attending a school and obtaining my CDL in the next three months.

First i just want to say you should not be driving when taking any drug that causes impairment. If you do you're selfish individual.

You can use prescription drugs legitimately, even narcotics like Ambien, Xananx, Vicodin, Adderall etc.

If you do a urine test and someone asks you why ______ showed up in your system; you have to show them your CURRENT prescription for said drug.

For example; let's say you get a tooth pulled and the dentist prescribes you 5 Vicodin. You use one pill but decide you don't really hurt anymore so you store the 4 remaining pills in your medicine cabinet. A year later your back starts to really ache so you decide to use one of your Vicodin from when you got your tooth pulled. The next day you are given a random drug test and you test positive for the Vicodin you took. Because the prescription has expired you have just failed your drug test. You MIGHT lose your job but it WILL go on your permanent driving record and your CDL will be suspended FOREVER, until you contact a SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) and work out a program with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cryin' Ryan in Issaquah, Washington

33 months ago

(continued)

The sooner you face it, the sooner it will be over with. Just FYI the DOT does not test to "0". This is to rule out "second hand" marijuana smoke or that one poppyseed muffin you had the day of your test, SO if you test positive then there is a reason for that. So playing dumb or trying to lie about it will only make it worse. If anyone is in Washington state and needs a SAP call David Perlman. He costs $400 but he's a good guy to have on your side.

So for those who failed a DOT drug test you have to go to a SAP to get your CDL back. They cost $400+ then you will have to pay for whatever program/class they reccomend which can cost $2,000+.

For those perfect people ripping on the others who have failed their drug tests... ...way to kick'em while they're down.
For those of you who have failed your test and lost your CDL... ...don't give up, If you really want your CDL back suck it up and remember your lesson.
You'll find a job. It probably won't be your first choice and you'll have to fight harder for it but don't give up. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Baltimore, Maryland

33 months ago

lackey1969 in King George, Virginia said: lackey1969

You will have to complete a DOT required SAP program. I work with a nationwide network of DOT qualifed SAP's and would be glad to assist you with this process.

GamJammer in Dearborn, Michigan

33 months ago

Tyrone Smith in Augusta, Georgia said: Hey Steve, I have a class a cdl and I recently failed a preemployment drug test for weed. I was hoping you could give me some of the names of those companies that don't check your dac report. I need a job!!!!!

Sorry Steve your argument doesn't hold water. These tests are for the most point full proof. If your sample is hot, you can protest and ask for a split sample do be used for another full test with an unaffiliated, unnamed lab. If the lab you tested positive made a mistake they are shut down and put under immediate investigation. I've been administering drug tests for 20 years and I have never seen a split sample discrepancy. You'll have to see a SAP and get your name cleared. If you were a good driver with good MVR and DOT report, someone will give you a job. Just quit smoking pot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Thank you

Benzodiazepine are checked on a standard 7 panel screen. Yes Benzo's are D.O.T. disqualification and would show positive even with a prescription.

33 months ago

Steve said: I just graduated in aug and got my cdl. I have no driving exprience and applied for schnieder recent. They said they could no longer proceed with my application because I failed my drug test. I was completely surprise because I don't do any kind of drugs. I tested positive with tylenol with codeine. I remembered my gfs mom gave it to me because she had no tylenol or advil. I have rheumatoid arthritis n don't take medications bcus my liver was getting damage in the process. So when the pain is bad I take a few advils. Any way, since I never drove before n it was a pre employment does that failed drug test go on my dac, can I still go otr or with a major company. Is my career over before it even started .

Nope, you're screwed and a couple of Tylenol 3's will not make you fail a test unless taken them for some extended time before the test. You people kill me, a drug must metabolize in your system before you piss dirty. You must ingest enough drug for the metabolization process to start. A couple T3's are not going to make you hot for opiates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Baltimore, Maryland

33 months ago

Actually, DOT tests are only 5 panel, therefore, Benzodiazepine will not show. However, taking medications of that classification would be cause for disqualification.

Page:  « First « Previous   14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.