FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 878)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

UpthecreekinPhx.. in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

Josh,
You should absolutely tell them about the meds. There is a place on the Chain of Custody form that you will sign at the time you submit your specimin to disclose any prescribed meds that you take. Afterall, these meds are most likely going to show up in your urine, so Werner is going to know that you've taken them. If you don't tell them that these are prescribed by a doctor, then your employer may think that you take these drugs unlawfully. The best way to avoid that mis-understanding is disclose your prescription info at the time you submit your specimin. If I were you, I would also call my doc who prescribed those meds and let him know about your situation, just incase you need him to verify to Werner that you are taking the meds as prescribed by him. I hope that this helps. Good Luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Whiteford, Maryland

71 months ago

sean stevens in Los Angeles, California said: the last company i workd for swift transportation inc terminated me for accedents and in order for e to get rehired with them i have to drive with another trucking company for 6 months to a yr but becouse i have 3 and half points 2 points of that falls off 6 months from now and most companys wont hire with 3 and a half points due to insurance resons just leting u know why its a catch 22 for me

Sounds to me like you're a guy that shouldn't be driving a truck anyway...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

josh in Albuquerque, New Mexico

71 months ago

anyone know any trucking companys that dont look at dac reports in albuquerque new mexico? i have found some but they require 2 yr experience and i have 1.5. aint that a son of a gun? just looking for help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Goodfield, Illinois

71 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

if you take the rehab program, which by the way the company must pay for it will clear your record and since they are taken their time to screw with you why not spend their money!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ditalino in Jacksonville, Florida

71 months ago

bob in Goodfield, Illinois said: if you take the rehab program, which by the way the company must pay for it will clear your record and since they are taken their time to screw with you why not spend their money!!!

If it's against company policy to use drugs and you signed it, then they don't and won't pay for anything. You can go to a SAP (program) for 28 day's and admit to being an addict. The cost ranges from 1,600.00 to 2,500.00 with ins or 95.00 to 110.00 per day with out it. It will no way clear your record. It will give you a paper stating that you passed the program. If you apply to a company that decides to hire you then you will have to show them this paper. If you can't quit smoking weed for 45 day's to get a job then you do need help. (DAC) REPORTS FOR 10 YRS NOT 7 A company can only disclose for 3 years. GOOD LUCK...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

john

71 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

hey steve,am in a different situation
i rolled over in 2007 eversince been hard for me
to go over the road,anybody know a company
that wont give me a problem with that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dino in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

New trick that companies are doing to get back at a driver is, once you turn your teuck in, they request a drug screen and if you don't show it goes on your DAC as a refused drug test. Only thing you can do is dispute it and it takes time. It happened to me and still if. Very unfair.

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska

71 months ago

Why would you not show up for a drug test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

silky t in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

sean stevens in Los Angeles, California said: ????? i drove for a trucking company for 3 and half years i have 1 accedent on my dmv record witch is 1 accedent on my dac report my ??? if can be answeard i find my self in a catch 22 position with every trucking company i apply to and somtimes they want me to wait 6 months from now witch will be 3 yrs of my accedent witch i over turnd a truck and got a prventable for the past yr and half after the fact iv been doing yard hostling and yet it doesnt count towards driving i just want to drive iv made alot of mistakes and should have treated my license like it was gold my ?? is is there any way around this accedent without have to sit it out until 3 yrs of my accedent

do you no any companys in califoria that don't check dac

silky t in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Ronnie in Los Angeles, California said: Let me say this everybody is difference. I been driving for 3yrs. Retired from office work, and I have a few things in my past that I am not proud of. Some of us have done things in the past like 20yrs ago and it is still biting us in this field. And I think if the courts (Federal, State) can forgive y not this field of work that we're n can't. Dont make since.

ronnie do you no off a companys in califoria that don't check dac please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

Did someone put it in your brownies? I mean come on! Leave the jobs to the decent non -drug abusers out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fredrick johnson in Kingsport, Tennessee

70 months ago

i got a positive for marijuana on a drug test for pre-employment,i was home for two weeks b4 applying,there was marijuana smoking from my wife and her friends i dont smoke i tested positive.i didnt know about retesting am i out of my career?what can i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

70 months ago

fredrick johnson in Kingsport, Tennessee said: i got a positive for marijuana on a drug test for pre-employment,i was home for two weeks b4 applying,there was marijuana smoking from my wife and her friends i dont smoke i tested positive.i didnt know about retesting am i out of my career?what can i do

Yeah, sure . . . why didn't you just leave the room? You know you took a hit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nitecamper in Kentucky

70 months ago

Well here goes. ALL you people who slander and judge people because they may have used marijuana on their off time are no better than those you judge!WHY? 1...The driver that uses a little weed to relax on his offtime is much safer the next day than the man who consumes large quantities of alcohol. Argue the point if you want,it won't change that its a fact.2...The stress relief found from smoking a little weed just might be a little better than popping the legal pills a lot of you guys live on. And I know theres a lot of you guys rollin down the road taking your pain pills,nerve pills, and a lot of other things you have managed to keep secret from your employers. That list ranges far, diabetes and a lot of other things are being concealed just so you can drive your trucks. And another thing if I was to smoke a joint on my off time,I'm gonna be twice as careful and cautious because I have more to lose in the end. So you guys that might take an extra nerve pill,or extra pain pill while driving,or have bad hypertension,or have hidden from your company the extent of your diabetes,or drink alot of alcohol the night before you go driving should think twice esp.if you're knocking someone for using weed......Failure of a drug screen stays on DAC for 3 yrs. if it is put in the drug and alcohol part of the report. If put in the employment history section it WILL show for 7 yrs......trust me I know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

nitecamper in Kentucky

70 months ago

Bosco in Orlando, Florida said: Nitecamper wrote: "The driver that uses a little weed to relax on his offtime is much safer the next day than the man who consumes large quantities of alcohol. Argue the point if you want,it won't change that its a fact."

That's a fact? Really? How it that a fact? Where is your research? Do you have some numbers to back that up? Oh, that's right, this is your opinion. Don't say something is a fact when it isn't.

I'm not slandering or judging you for using marijuana, I'm just saying you are STUPID. When you work in a profession where you know that you could/will be drug tested and it will stay on your record you either don't do it or get another profession!! To point the finger at other people when you knew the rules of the game going in shows how little intelligence and common sense you have.

Never mind, just go take another hit.

First off I'm not finger pointing,and I do not use mariuana. And life has taught me that the ones who get so seemingly offended and start name calling often are people w/something to hide. It seems they think that is a way of proving thier innocence. Not that I'm saying that is the case here. I don't know what you did in your younger days, but if you think for a minute the man who got drunk last nite is safer on the road today than the man who smoked pot last nite,then many would question your common sense. As for the other things I alluded to,you just might know every one of them to be facts. I saw a driver give himself an insulin shot! When I asked him how it was, he told me how he got around the rules and was still driving his big truck. I've heard drivers,with legal prescriptions, talk about how long they could stay awake and energetic by popping lorcets.More than the prescribed dosage. I've driven long enough,and talked to enough drivers to argue every point I made in my post. As for research on the point I made about pot vs alcohol the day before doing safety sensitive functio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nitecamper in Kentucky

70 months ago

Bosco in Orlando, Florida said: Nitecamper wrote: "The driver that uses a little weed to relax on his offtime is much safer the next day than the man who consumes large quantities of alcohol. Argue the point if you want,it won't change that its a fact."

That's a fact? Really? How it that a fact? Where is your research? Do you have some numbers to back that up? Oh, that's right, this is your opinion. Don't say something is a fact when it isn't.

I'm not slandering or judging you for using marijuana, I'm just saying you are STUPID. When you work in a profession where you know that you could/will be drug tested and it will stay on your record you either don't do it or get another profession!! To point the finger at other people when you knew the rules of the game going in shows how little intelligence and common sense you have.

Never mind, just go take another hit.

to continue...as for research on pot vs alcohol the day before safety sensitive functions it's all there. I reckon you're a fairly intelligent person w/a computer,so it shouldn't be hard to find multiple sources to do a little research of your own....As for your statement"I'm not slandering or judging you for using marijuana,I'm just saying you are STUPID" it makes no sense! It's an oxymoron. Thanks for your reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nitecamper in Kentucky

70 months ago

To Everyone: The point I meant to make in my original post, though I didn't do so clearly, is that a lot of people are forced into situations because of something they did last weekend or last month. Yes the rules are the rules. And they range far wider than who failed a drug screen. By the same token safe is safe. In my original post I meant to be addressing issues not finger pointing. What someone loses his job for,that he did on his off time,pales in comparison to acts he or others may do while on duty. One more thing. How many people have been railroaded by companies whose dispatchers would say "we'll never ask you to do anything illegal" then very shortly do just that. After working 15 or 16 hrs get dispatched. When you tell them out of hrs you get "can you help" we "got no-one else" or "thought sure you would do this". And then you do, because when you have tried to work by the rules before it created probs between you and your employer. Then later you get canned for not playing by the rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nitecamper in Kentucky

70 months ago

F-Bomb in Los Angeles, California said: Wow Nitecamper - for someone who "does not use marijuana" you sure seem to know a lot about it. You also talk about pot all through your posts. You sound a little obsessed with weed.

Anyway, you are right about the safety thing: alcohol is no safer than pot or pills or whatever. But you were complaining about a drug test showing up on your record. As we all know, pot is illegal so those who get caught with a positive result deserve what they get. That's not to say that those who are doing other questionable "stuff" should be driving either. But when you know that you are going to be tested at some point then it's on you. Too bad!!

Read again F-Bomb,there is no mention of anything negative on my DAC. Furthermore w/the exception of 1 unreportable incident,my DAC is clean. I was young once,I lived life. I reckon no more needs said on that. My first post I made points in response to what I have read so much on this site. The issues I discuss are a lot more than Marijuana. Any mention later,which was minimal, was required in response to an attack on my earlier post. So if you havn't noticed my 'obsession' is my negitivity towards people w/holier than thou attitudes. Also those who read then misquote, and put in their own posts things that were not actually said by someone else. If I got something wrong here,please reread my posts then let me know. Thanks for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vinny in Dalton, Georgia

70 months ago

I have a 33 year clean driving record and a 33 year spotless safety record. But we all know we have to meet every DOT requirement to get behind the wheel.
I went to JB Hunt and they pull hair, needless to say I failed the hair test. My career is over and my 33 years dont mean a thing to any company. Its my fault I fooled around and now like alot of U guys, the best I can hope for is for some unsafe owner operator let me drive a piece of unsafe junk down the road and put everyones lives in danger, just so I can eat and pay my bills. I know it sux, but its the price we pay.

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

I just want to say that it is absolutely possible to test positive for marijuana without ever in your life taking a single drug. I have never taken a single drug, never even smoked a cigarette or drank a beer or any alcohol. Despite all that, I was called today by the DOT and told that my test came back positive. I requested the retest and I am praying that God resolves the issue. I have worked very hard for my career and my good name. I am being treated like a drug user and can't get any answers. I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. I have no faith in a system that can return a positive result on someone that never as much even touched a drug. Before you pass judgement on anyone, you need to know that there are the accused that are truly innocent.

God help us all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

fredrick in Johnson City, Tennessee

70 months ago

it is what it is.i decided to put my cdl in my pocket for 3 yrs and start again

dumbfoundeddriver in Lakewood, California

70 months ago

Frederick- did you request a retest on the split sample? If so, what did it say and how long did it take you for the results?

If you didn't, why not? Your career is too precious to let go on some lab's mistake.

fredrick in Johnson City, Tennessee

70 months ago

i didnt know that option was available to me.never been in this situation.i dont do marijuana so i wasnt prepared for this.im sending for my dac report to see what it says also to dispute the results this has rocked my marriage and my world

70 months ago

I know what you are saying man and I will pray for you. I just got my results from my second sample today and they say it tested positive again. There is no way, I know that and I have to try and prove it. I just don't know how. I have never, in my lifetime, taken any drug. The only things that I was taking was nyquil and dayquil, excedrin and ripped fuel (which is a diet aid) before ripped fuel I was taking hoodia. They swear that none of these will cause the false positive but someone needs to explain to me how, then this came up positive twice. If any of you all pray, please send them my way.

God Bless!

70 months ago

Can you request a blood test? I'm not sure if that is an option.

70 months ago

I am calling the DOT. I contacted a lawyer and they said that if I can prove it, we can sue the labs. I don't want to do that, I just want my life and my good name back.

Aaron in Midland, Texas

69 months ago

Does anybody know anything about pre-employment dot drug tests? I had one come back inconclusive a little over a year ago. I have never had a cdl. I just filled out a application for a company that doesn't require me to have a cdl. On the app it asked if I have failed or refused a dot pre-employment test in the past 2 years. I keep reading that they can't find out cause it was for pre-employment and that they don't go by names but numbers for those types of tests. Since I dont't have a cdl do you think they will find out? Thanks

joe c in Moultrie, Georgia

69 months ago

i took a preemployment drug test at j.b. hunt i passed the dot test but they said i failed the hair test they gave me will this go on my dac?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CR in Rogers, Arkansas

69 months ago

Absolutely it will go on your DAC. Thats the main purpose of DAC to warn other companies that you take drugs and to not hire you.
For all purposes, your truck driving career is over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CR in Rogers, Arkansas

69 months ago

Joe in Dubuque, Iowa said: Does dac only keep record for three years

WRONG

joe c in Moultrie, Georgia

69 months ago

they must have not put it on my dac. i have already talked to 5 companys and they said every thing looks good on my dac.maybe because the hair test was a non-dot test. i have passed every urine test i have taken.i just thank god that i am going to work next week.

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

CR...you are wrong. Legally, DAC can only report drug results for 3 years. Even the DOT and DAC tehnselves will tell you that. Your driving career does not end with a positive. I was told that and that is wrong. My test was a false positive, I never took a drug in my life. I took several urine test under direct observation and hair folicle test that proved I was clean. However, the positive will have to stay on my record for the 3 years. I had to go through a SAP program and even the counselors said I had no signs of drug use. They gave me the minimum requirement of 8 hours of education and that's all. Believe me or don't I couldn't careless anymore.

To any driver out there that is in my situation, once you get over the shock and disbelief, get through the program. It is the only way to get back behind the wheel legally. Companies, even large ones will work with you, but not if you do not go through the programs.

Get your independent test. Get a federal urine under direct observation, AND a hair test. Do it as soon as possible after the false positive. The DOT will not accept this to clear the false positive but you may decide to take the legal route and this will be needed. Even if you don't plan to sue, it will help with unemployment insurance disputes and you can include them with your dispute to DAC. Again, none of this clears the DAC but your next employer will look at all this.

If you do take the legal route, contact me but only if you truly are clean. I want to make it better for the innocent to prove their innocence, not put dirty drivers on the road. The more clean drivers that start to fight back, the better the fight. One driver alone cannot make the system change.

If you are using drugs you need to get help and stay away from the driver seat until you are clean and rehabilitated. The life that you save could be that of someone you love, or even your own. Whatever you do not get behind any wheel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hm in Oviedo, Florida

69 months ago

Jerianne Bowe in Neenah, Wisconsin said: If you have no idea why your drug test came up positive, try to remember if you are on any prescribed medication that could be a controlled substance. I was a teacher for many years, and when I was 45 years old I found out I was ADD, not hyperactive, but the Attention end of it. To make a long story short, I was prescribed Adderall. It has been a life saver for me, but when it comes to getting a drug test I always test positive because Adderall is a controlled substance. just a thought!

that is why they ask in the form before you take the test to write any medicine or bitamins your taking, even tylenol or advil anything you take you need to put it there that will save you to get positive from any medicine you taking.

hm in Oviedo, Florida

69 months ago

sean stevens said: yes they do listen very well and yes ur correct i agree completly i refuse to believe my career in the industry is over i cant think like that and they make me feel like there is hope to undo the mistakes

Hey Sean were you working for us xpress? I was a trainner there, may be I know you.

northpoint57 in Royal Oak, Michigan

69 months ago

joe c in Moultrie, Georgia said: i took a preemployment drug test at j.b. hunt i passed the dot test but they said i failed the hair test they gave me will this go on my dac?

joe i had the same thing i took a pre-employment test for mclane i passed the dot but failed the hair test it has never showed up and i took 3 more pre employment test that same year

Josh in Charlotte, North Carolina

68 months ago

I failed a pre-employment drug test in jan.now its on my dac so I guess my career is over

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Josh in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I failed a pre-employment drug test in jan.now its on my dac so I guess my career is over

Stop doing drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Charlotte, North Carolina

68 months ago

i did that was just a stupid mistake i made I will not ever do it again I learned my lesson!!

MO Mo in Sacramento, California

68 months ago

I am currently in the process of getting hired by Swift Trucking... Do you Know if they do a Urine test or a hair sample. The instructor said it would cost 55 dollars so I am guessing that it is going to be urine. Please help I need this job and I have to pass this test. I have not smoked weed since January and I am going insane thinking about this...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

You're screwed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MG

68 months ago

We're in the same situation where my husband doesn't do drugs and we felt so sure that the 2nd test would prove it. He got another positive for marijuana on his 2nd split sample yesterday. He paid for his own urine screen the day he got his first positive and it came back clean. Part of the frustration is that the lab here is outsourced and it takes 5 working days to get a result for the DOT, so by then the clean result was no longer relevant to them. We're left with the only explanation is that someone on the local level was able to swap the samples for his buddy. We asked about DNA testing but the MRO said we had to talk with the company and the company said we had to talk with the MRO. We're exhausted from the whole wait and emotions and feel that God must have something better for us out there than his current job. But I hate to give up on it for the next person in this situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

MG- Where are you located? Please respond back. We should talk.

JunkYard Willie in Nashville, Tennessee

68 months ago

Does any of Yaws needs yaws hub caps cleaned?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Salina, Kansas

68 months ago

does anyone know if hirschbach trucking does hair drug test. its been awhile but i hav smoked. dont want to waste there time or mine. any help will b appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MG

68 months ago

I'm in Tallahassee, FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

MG said: I'm in Tallahassee, FL

MG, Were you fired? What company was this with? What advice have you been given so far?

big dog in Galion, Ohio

68 months ago

i didn't get the job,so what should i do need some help here first time this ever happen need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MG

68 months ago

I would like to talk with you very much. Please write me at mg2404@comcast.net
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Modesto, California

68 months ago

How was your first urine test performed? If it was done in the clinic with one of the drug test cups that confirm while you're in the office, then it would need to be confirmed by an actual lab with an MRO. If it was not sent out to a lab, then it was not handled properly. All positive drug results must go through the chain of command to a reputable lab and reviewed by the MRO.

jet in West Monroe, Louisiana

68 months ago

MO Mo in Sacramento, California said: I am currently in the process of getting hired by Swift Trucking... Do you Know if they do a Urine test or a hair sample. The instructor said it would cost 55 dollars so I am guessing that it is going to be urine. Please help I need this job and I have to pass this test. I have not smoked weed since January and I am going insane thinking about this...

no they do urine test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.