FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 870)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

mike in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

joe c in Moultrie, Georgia said: i took a preemployment drug test at j.b. hunt i passed the dot test but they said i failed the hair test they gave me will this go on my dac?

yup its stopped me from gettin a job anywhere. i did the same thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Dubuque, Iowa

71 months ago

Thank you for taking the time bill your information has helped me. and those are great links you added ...again thank you for taking the time you probably helped everyone on here one way or another with your post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

full of questions in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Bill,

Thanks for the information! I talked with my friend and I am going to start driving for him a couple days a week but he still doesn't know what all the return to duty requirements are. Is there some place that he can go to get all the specifics? The letter from my SAP states that I need to be tested 6 times over the next year. Is that all there is to it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stoney in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Excuse me but what is SAP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Romance, Arkansas

70 months ago

JunkYard Willie in Nashville, Tennessee said: Does any of Yaws needs yaws hub caps cleaned?

That's way too funny!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Drewman in Garden Grove, California

70 months ago

sean stevens in Los Angeles, California said: WELL I GUESS IL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 2 YRS TO GET BACK INTO THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY EVEN THEN MAY NOT HAPPEN BECOUSE I CANT FIND A TRK COMPANY THAT WILL HIRE ME TO GET THE 6 MONTHS REQUIERED ALL BECOUSE OF MY DAC REPORT WHEN THERES A TRUCKING COMPANY WILL TO TAKE ME FOR WHAT I GOT LET ME KNOW

I had the same crap happen tome. BTC Trucking will hire even recent graduates after 6 months after messing up a DAC. I called them the moment I failed my DAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Drewman in Garden Grove, California said: I had the same crap happen tome. BTC Trucking will hire even recent graduates after 6 months after messing up a DAC. I called them the moment I failed my DAC.

But you still have to complete all the SAP program stuff and they hire 6 months after completing SAP program not 6 months after you fail the pre-employment drug screen. So if you failed 2 years ago but just recently completed the SAP 3 months ago then you still have to wait 3 more months. I got lucky and was able to find a local tow company that tows big rigs, buses, etc. and it pretty much sucks but it's work for now and is not the end of the world. There is a grip of local class A and B work where I live that do not mess with DAC. You just have to keep looking or perhaps move to an area like mine where all types of jobs are available like cement trucks, tow trucks, tankers, port work, owner operators, etc. So right now I am just towing broken down rigs of the highway and saving money to pay and get through the SAP stuff. At first I thought it was over but after further research I found out that is not the case. Southern Calif. has a variety of trucking jobs that do not use DAC. not exactly OTR stuff but it's still driving a big rig and I'm still making good money haulin pieces of crap off the highway. I will keep on doing it until my DAC clears for the next few years.But keep in mind every company that uses a big rig does some form of drug testing so keep away from that crap. I learned my lesson. So for all you sad saps living in these rural small towns who have messed up your DAC by failing your drug screen, move to a big city and get into towing, cement work or owner operators. Yes the jobs suck but it a way to wait it out til your DAC clears up. It's better than not working at all and in the meantime it builds experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Drewman in Garden Grove, California said: But you still have to complete all the SAP program stuff and they hire 6 months after completing SAP program not 6 months after you fail the pre-employment drug screen. So if you failed 2 years ago but just recently completed the SAP 3 months ago then you still have to wait 3 more months. I got lucky and was able to find a local tow company that tows big rigs, buses, etc. and it pretty much sucks but it's work for now and is not the end of the world. There is a grip of local class A and B work where I live that do not mess with DAC. You just have to keep looking or perhaps move to an area like mine where all types of jobs are available like cement trucks, tow trucks, tankers, port work, owner operators, etc. So right now I am just towing broken down rigs of the highway and saving money to pay and get through the SAP stuff. At first I thought it was over but after further research I found out that is not the case. Southern Calif. has a variety of trucking jobs that do not use DAC. not exactly OTR stuff but it's still driving a big rig and I'm still making good money haulin pieces of crap off the highway. I will keep on doing it until my DAC clears for the next few years.But keep in mind every company that uses a big rig does some form of drug testing so keep away from that crap. I learned my lesson. So for all you sad saps living in these rural small towns who have messed up your DAC by failing your drug screen, move to a big city and get into towing, cement work or owner operators. Yes the jobs suck but it a way to wait it out til your DAC clears up. It's better than not working at all and in the meantime it builds experience.

I will not be like some of these other fools who are trying to say they got a false positive from meds, muffins or whatever silly b.s. they think of. Bottom line they messed up just like I did and was stupid. The first step is to acknowledge your mistake and handle it like a man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

So MAN up and enough with the false positive B.S. from muffins, medications or whatever. You are just fooling yourselves and are in complete denial. You messed up just like I did so deal with it. It's not the end of the world. You will just have to work 3 times as hard as the average Joe but that is the price you pay for screwing up. Take the low end jobs for for 3, 7, 10 years til your DAC clears or go back to your office work. But most of all stop being in denial about "I ate some muffins" or "My doctor gave me some powerful pills that gave me a false positive"..............Please....... And if you have to take some low end trucking job like I have then so be it. I can talk the crap because I know I did it to myself and I have no one else to blame but me and my stupid choice that I made and that I know I will not make the same mistake. So come on guys enough is enough. Research your options and move on. Most of you still have them except for those who have a failed drug screen and roll overs and 2 or 3 points all at the same time. You fools need to find a different career. Good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wildhog in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Drewman- hey man I live in Orange county too and really need to find a local driving job. I completed my SAP but hasn't been 6 months yet. Got any referrals you can send my way?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EricaCjohnson in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

One company did tell me about S.A.P. but I dont have the funds for that Program.If you have any suggestions please leave them.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Full of questions in Lakewood, California

70 months ago

Bill-

I talked with me SAP and he is not able or maybe just not willing to assist with a drug test program. I already completed all the recommendations other than the return to duty lab and the 6 recommended randoms over 12 months. Are you able to assist with that or can you point me to where my o/o friend can learn how to get me through the process? He wants to let me start driving his truck part time but neither of us are willing to risk not completing the correct steps.

Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wildhog in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Drewman- you still checking this site?? I would really appreciate some leds if you have them.

Thanks!

Lil Bit in Stephenville, Texas

70 months ago

MO Mo in Sacramento, California said: I am currently in the process of getting hired by Swift Trucking... Do you Know if they do a Urine test or a hair sample. The instructor said it would cost 55 dollars so I am guessing that it is going to be urine. Please help I need this job and I have to pass this test. I have not smoked weed since January and I am going insane thinking about this...

Swift only does urine tests.
If you're going through their school they will test you on the first day of school and again at orientation. They do not do hair testing.

Mary English in valdosta, Georgia

70 months ago

I am in the same situation currently, but mine is a refusal on a pre employment drug screen for J B Hunt in 2005. My father and boyfriend even paid for the SAP 6 months of counseling and educations and the 6 months of random drug tests and not to mention the embarrassment and it wasn't cheap, after I completed what the SAP had recommend no one still would not hire me. I could see being treated this way if I actually had a drug problem but I don't. I have thought about getting a lawyer to fight but was told it has been too long ago to do anything about it. It would be a no win situation I have no accidents and no speeding tickets (MVR is clean), but my DAC say otherwise. Every time I fill out a application and explain what happen I get the cold shoulder. My trucking career got ruined before it even got started. Thinking about getting rid of the CDL all together so I can get a regular 9to 5 job because I can't seem to get regular work because of it or get government assistance and help for my child. Because of this I have lost everything and have to rely on my family for everything, At this point I have given up on truck driving looking into a new career and start over.

70 months ago

I am sorry to here that. I don't think it is fair beings though you have completed all thee above and still came out empty handed. I do know that most companies only go back 3 years or 5 years. It's been almost or is 3 years for you. I don't understand why are they still giving you problems.

Mary English in valdosta, Georgia

70 months ago

That's just it I did not refuse to take a drug screen. I was at there orientation for a 1hr and 30 minutes. I was a rehire that was promised the target account out of tifton ga after i found out that i would be put back over the road just like the lie i was told in the beginnig."You will have to work over the road for 6 months and then apply for the acct". 3months after i got tired of the run around I let my fleet manager know that i was interested in the position since they said they needed drivers for the acct and i lived in the area. I got every excuse in the book about that account so after a year and 3 months I turned in their truck to tifton and went to work for someone else. After i left jb I received about 10-15 calls a day from there recuriting department saying it was open and they had a truck waiting for me. this took place five days after i quit them before. So like a dummy I went back to jb and and got fed the same line wait six months so i left. There was no mention of a drug test at all while sitting in the main office before i left for home if so i would have taken the test. I got black balled. How can i refuse a drug test if i never had any acknowledge of one. Well I am happy to say i don't have my cdl licence anymore i got rid of it yesterday i got regular license. So you can't say i living in denial anymore. Plus I have a job that pays really well. The past is the past I am still young so the sky is the limit.

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

70 months ago

Mary English in valdosta, Georgia said: That's just it I did not refuse to take a drug screen. I was at there orientation for a 1hr and 30 minutes. I was a rehire that was promised the target account out of tifton ga after i found out that i would be put back over the road just like the lie i was told in the beginnig."You will have to work over the road for 6 months and then apply for the acct". 3months after i got tired of the run around I let my fleet manager know that i was interested in the position since they said they needed drivers for the acct and i lived in the area. I got every excuse in the book about that account so after a year and 3 months I turned in their truck to tifton and went to work for someone else. After i left jb I received about 10-15 calls a day from there recuriting department saying it was open and they had a truck waiting for me. this took place five days after i quit them before. So like a dummy I went back to jb and and got fed the same line wait six months so i left. There was no mention of a drug test at all while sitting in the main office before i left for home if so i would have taken the test. I got black balled. How can i refuse a drug test if i never had any acknowledge of one. Well I am happy to say i don't have my cdl licence anymore i got rid of it yesterday i got regular license. So you can't say i living in denial anymore. Plus I have a job that pays really well. The past is the past I am still young so the sky is the limit.

Well that obviously explains what happened. You didn't mention any of this in your previous post. Best of luck to you!!

crazyrussian

70 months ago

Drewman in Garden Grove, California said: I had the same crap happen tome. BTC Trucking will hire even recent graduates after 6 months after messing up a DAC. I called them the moment I failed my DAC.

..hey, could I get info on that BTC company...really desperate here looking for my second chance after 4.5 year old DUI, that is like a b**ch on my record...appreciate it..

marlon smith in Memphis, Tennessee

69 months ago

I recenly took a drug test and I failed. I was applying for btc trucking. I havent smoke since than which was 5 months ago.This was the first time i fail a test. do anyone know any company that will hire me. I have 3 years of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cyrus hottenstein in wyoming, Michigan

69 months ago

hi maybe someone can help me with this i failed my random drug test now heres my question i have been being tested here in mich pretty much sense 1997 all the employers here use a lab out of wyoming michigan i've passed every pre employment drug screen accept one it came up as dilute and wasn't hired i did a rehire drugscreen in 2001 it came up positive but when i went to another company after that i passed and when they did a random it came back dilute i retested it failed i went to another employer a few days after that and passed i ad my own truck so out of curiosity i paid for a test and that came back failed i passed the pre employment screen here and now i failed my random now what the wierd part every test i failed i failed by 15 out of i mean every test i failed came back the same and also said i was dilute with carnitine i drink energy drinks which contain carnitine will that meke it dilute and why does my thc and marijuana always come back with the same values if i was a user wouldnt them values be different with each test something isnt right and i want to find out what my recourses are if any these failed tests have affected my career and is doing so again now i have to go thr a sap program shwt can i do ?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

(cont) my falure figures are always 15 out of 50 and dac doesn't take off any falures after 3 years i have the falure for rehire mentioned above in 2001 still on my dac how do i go about getting that removed can one lab mess up like that all my falures came from that one lab in wyoming mich ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ace Driver in Lakewood, California

69 months ago

Cyrus,

I think that you are looking at the levels wrong. 15 to 50 is the cut off range and would be listed on every test you take. You need to look to the right of that range and you should see a number that is your actual level.

I must say that I do not like passing judgement on people, and I certainly have my questions about the whole testing industry because I believe that they have some incentive to make things go their way. But, you have failed allot of tests and a few came back dilute? It sounds like a SAP might be a good thing for you. There is a guy a couple above your comment that might be able to help but with your record I can't see how you are gonna get them to remove anything off your record. Especially since the test that you went and paid for came back positive too. That is sorta self incriminating and I wouldnt tell people about that if I were you.

Mike in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

I was sent to a facility to complete a random drug screen. Upon completing the drug screen, the urine was accidently dropped. So I was told to remain in the area until I was able to test again. Not realizing that it would be a problem, I walked outside to smoke. Upon my return, they advised me that since I went outside I had refused the second test. What can I do about this, and what are the consequences to this refused test,

ROBB in Colton, California

69 months ago

Your screwed ... A refusal is worst than a positive. Now you need a lawyer. No joke.
Damn a S.A.P cant even help you buddy, and depeneding on your state you may have just lost "ALL" driving priv;.

Damn.

69 months ago

ya ace sorry the number to the right was 15 50 was to the left and i havent smoked pot sennse before i started driving in 1994 thats why i was pretty much asking if the test facility might be screwing up the tests or not cleaning there test equipment and i'ld also like to know how long they have to test the sample provided and the test i paid for was taken right after i passed one and was hired and running just for my curiosity and if the facility is at fault how many others have been affected i know there are people out there who shouldnt be running i just think its strange that i can fail one day and go for another a day or two latter and pass sorry but if i did smoke my system wouldnt be clean that fast and are there any over the counter medications that can give false positives i dont know but at the volume these tests are run the there has to be some error and how many drivers are affected by those errors

69 months ago

I haven't found one yet that would take with a failed drug test.one or two companiews told me if i take sap it would help me, but you still have to wait 6months after you complete that

Louls in Glen Burnie, Maryland

69 months ago

I know several people who failed dot drug test some went through the sap program others didn't.But its the law that trucking companys and usis(dac) cannot release drugtest information after 3 years have past.and many smaller companys dont use dac,but by law they have check 3 years previous drugtest history with your last employers.

69 months ago

It's the old law of supply and demand. Employers have the luxury of choice. There are simply more drivers out there who have never had to complete a SAP program or had any drug problems whatsoever. If I'm an employer, of course I'm going to select the driver who's never had a problem.

I'd start looking for another line of work if I were you. I guess it's too late to say STOP DOING DRUGS YOU IDIOTS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

louis in Glen Burnie, Maryland

69 months ago

wildhog in Los Angeles, California said:

What companies said that they would work with you after completing the SAP? I completed and can't find a job still. Any help would be appreciated.

Wildhog,i dont know if your looking for local or otr but here in maryland foodservice companys are always desperate for help,so you might want to try sysco,usfoods and others its a hard physical job but once u get 3yrs past your drugtest violation you'll be fine.

Big Shot in Asheville, North Carolina

69 months ago

Anyone know if DOT reports failed pre-employment screens on the MVR. There was an employer in town who is not on the DAC -- alot of his drivers failed screens, but they said it didn't matter because the boss was not using DAC. I'm thinking they are incorrect, and will somehow have to deal with the DOT eventually... A dirty drug screen will show-up during a DOT audit of his business, right ? Anyone know the confidentiality rules on this ??

Also.. to all those who say their driving lives are ruined with a refusal and or positive: not true. But forget about the big companies for awhile, at least six-months. Also, you should always hire a transportation lawyer (drivers legal plan is great) to fight DAC reporting, which in many cases is abused by companies who have the luxury of a surplus of new students, and who do not want competition from other companies, hence the pigeoning of your license with faulty testing, reporting and DAC procedures. Get a lawyer, always, even for minor problems like speeding tickets, and failed screens.

Also, false positives are all to common in the industry to ignore. What companies do not want to admit, and include MRO's and SAP's in this discussion, is that there is no 100% absolute drug screen... if you take multi-vitamins with coffee, guess what ? false positive. Bananas with ice tea ? false positive.. Organic sweeteners and most organic teas, juices, and herbs ? False positive. So get your lawyer to fight DAC. It's the only way. Also, never let a company take your hair... how much pollution is in the air ? They are not reliable. Go work for another company. If they take your hair, it is a sign that they are sneaky players and can't be trusted. Hence, the problems with JB H***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big Shot in Asheville, North Carolina

69 months ago

Thanks Bill Dockett for needed input. For clarification, I quit working at the above mentioned employer as it was too dangerous.. at least one accident per month. For all you new comers out there --- stay away from shady employers. They can ruin you quicker than a DUI. If other employees are using drugs: run away. Unemployment is better than what is around the corner with a crooked boss. FYI -- I am better than that. I am a professional, safe driver for a major carrier with regional/dedicated/OTR 48/and flatbed experience. The best advice is to stay away from drugs and alcohol at least 14days before duty, if not totally. Personally, I don't use, but know a lot of good drivers that do -- responsibly, aka during vacation. Sorry to all who think we are winning the war on drugs. We're not. They are a fact of life, and we need to be realistic about their recreational use. If you get high and drive: you are a loser and need to leave the seat. If you party hard during break, and air out for those two weeks -- you still suk, but at least you are thinking about safe driving. That's all we can ask for these days.

As for the comments on the hair test. I do realize they are not DOT submitable, but that is just around the bend. I think it will be a very bad thing for the industry. It will mean more non-licensed drivers on the road, aka, cheap-Mexican drivers that can buy a CDL for $500 in Mexico. It will be another blow to our wages, on top of high fuel and insurance costs.

Drug testing in general -- in my Humble Opinion -- has nothing to do with safety, and much more to do with saving the company money with lower insurance costs. If safety were the issue, than all those morbidly obese time bombs out there would be out-of-service pronto. But instead, the physical was made less stringent with high blood pressure allowed to be status qua.

As for the false positive comments: a good argument to stop the DAC cold. We live in a world of denial -- always a good defense.

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey

69 months ago

i failed my preemployment drug test to even get in school i have not smoked in a while can i retest??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

two suggestions which i have addopted myself 1st stay away from energy drinks containing creatinine this will cause your test to be flagged for further testing because it will be considered dilute 2nd if you are in doubt tht you will pass a drug screen you can buy test kits at any drug store price variying from 14.99, 15.99 for the first check cup test from cvs drugs for marijuana up to 40 bucks for a 12 panel screen which tests for all that the dot requires to be tested for stay away from any of those cleansing or flush out products to they check for them also and will cause the sample to be flagged for further testing because they have creantinine in them the only real way to flush out is water and like every one says stay drug free if you do the store bought test and fail it dont go in for the dot test and give yourself a chance to clean up the store bought tests detect using the same standards as the dot uses

69 months ago

"cont"
and the the test only takes 5 min for the results take it from me tho staay drug free it saves alot of hassles

69 months ago

no am i allowed by law to retest what will happen to me ?

69 months ago

to worried in willingboro they will only retest the second sample you submitted they send that to another lab and you have to pay the cost of the 2nd test they usually dont let you redo the entire test

69 months ago

sorry to say this but the dot doesn't have it set up for you to retest and prove your clean on one occation i was hireing on to a company with my own truck i was told i failed my drug test i have my own tax number and had my own business so i paid and took a test that proved me to be negitive but the company that was hireing me or the mro wouldn't accept it they told me thats the way the dot has it and dot is law more or less to the driving industry their rules are pretty much writen in stone

69 months ago

if you took the test to get into school means you dont hold a cdl so you dont have to worry about that going on your record and second your only allowed by law to have the second sample tested you submitted and no its not required by law to be able to retest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

so say if i rook the physical at a different school could i do a new test ??

69 months ago

yes you can take a new test for a different school dont mention the school you failed test for

69 months ago

thanks man are u sure tho ?

Big Shot in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Worried: Unless you have a CDL -- then DOT regulations do not apply to you. Period. Go to another school, take a new test and forget the other ever happened -- but be warned here: Quit playing with dope if you want to drive. The two do not mix. Once you have a CDL, then DOT is your master, and you will, underline, get caught if you play with drugs. Read my appove advice for recreational drug use, and commercial driving. Do not, under any circumstances, get behind the wheel with any possible trace metabolite in your urine. It will fry you, even in the result of a mild problem, ie fender bender. So, if you enjoy being buzzed everyday, forget about driving. Most people think this is easy money, but really it is a lifestyle. It is 24/7. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stoney in Whittier, California

69 months ago

U mean to tell me companies cannot give radorm testing????

Big Shot in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Not only can they give you a random, but they are required to give a random drug test as per DOT regulations -- what moron suggested that companies can not give a random DOT drug screen ?

69 months ago

stoney in Whittier, California said: U mean to tell me companies cannot give radorm testing????

Forget the drug test, how about a typing test??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Bosco in Orlando, Florida said: Forget the drug test, how about a typing test??

ha jerk

69 months ago

ok cool thanks im done smoking and joking i guess i'll try a new school if anybody else knows anything about it feel free to leave a comment

69 months ago

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey said: thanks man are u sure tho ?

Again, make sure it isn't a typing test . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Big Shot in Peotone, Illinois

69 months ago

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey said: ok cool thanks im done smoking and joking i guess i'll try a new school if anybody else knows anything about it feel free to leave a comment

Again, make sure you are ready to commit to a career that is drug-test crazy, and for good reason: Try driving in a "No-Rules" zone, like Atlanta. For example, you might not be high that day, but say you smoked the day before, say on your day off, and then some kamikasi comes flying out of nowhere, and smashes into your trailer. First they will take him to the hospital or morgue, and then they will take you to be drug tested. If you test positive, then you go to jail. For awhile. So realize this before you spend $5000 on a license. Also know, this is not an easy-money job. There is a reason why truckers get the kind of dough we do: long hours, high stress, and living on the road (literally) are a few down-sides. Now add some serious, no more partying discipline into the mix, and you may as well just join the Army. In fact, the food in better in the Army. ...Also, for fun, check out Marijuana half-lifes for the real detox times from your system. If you smoke very casually, say once a week, then your safe detox time is about one week. Is it worth it ??????????????????? Good luck and hammer down.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.