FAILED PREEMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 873)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey

69 months ago

ok cool thanks im done smoking and joking i guess i'll try a new school if anybody else knows anything about it feel free to leave a comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey said: thanks man are u sure tho ?

Again, make sure it isn't a typing test . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Big Shot in Peotone, Illinois

69 months ago

worried in Willingboro, New Jersey said: ok cool thanks im done smoking and joking i guess i'll try a new school if anybody else knows anything about it feel free to leave a comment

Again, make sure you are ready to commit to a career that is drug-test crazy, and for good reason: Try driving in a "No-Rules" zone, like Atlanta. For example, you might not be high that day, but say you smoked the day before, say on your day off, and then some kamikasi comes flying out of nowhere, and smashes into your trailer. First they will take him to the hospital or morgue, and then they will take you to be drug tested. If you test positive, then you go to jail. For awhile. So realize this before you spend $5000 on a license. Also know, this is not an easy-money job. There is a reason why truckers get the kind of dough we do: long hours, high stress, and living on the road (literally) are a few down-sides. Now add some serious, no more partying discipline into the mix, and you may as well just join the Army. In fact, the food in better in the Army. ...Also, for fun, check out Marijuana half-lifes for the real detox times from your system. If you smoke very casually, say once a week, then your safe detox time is about one week. Is it worth it ??????????????????? Good luck and hammer down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cyrus hottenstein in wyoming, Michigan

69 months ago

well bill i guess if im wrong because i said that because he didnt hold a cdl yet that it wont go on his record i guess if im wrong and everyone who does test possitive had it go on there record youl'd be a multi millionare by now and over half the driving public would be bussing, taxing, biking or hitch hiking he doesnt posses a cdl yet so how can it go on his record with the dot now once he posseses a cdl yes if you test possitive on a pre employment then yes it goes on your record but then i guess im a dummy duhhh

69 months ago

and yes bosco my typing isn't all that great all the time but hey all of us cant be as perfect as you are most of our crap stinks to not like roses like yours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

cyrus hottenstein in wyoming, Michigan said: and yes bosco my typing isn't all that great all the time but hey all of us cant be as perfect as you are most of our crap stinks to not like roses like yours

When did I ever comment on your typing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

when a school tests you and you fail they look at you and tell you dont waste your money because until that person decides to put drugs behind them who will hire them no one but thats if they report it and until they sign that contract and obtain that learners permit are they reportable to the dot dac or whoever even i know there supposed to report it then but how many accually do hell how many companies report a failed pre employment maybe some of the bigger companies but then again not all of them do be realistic most of the smaller ones don't report them at all even we all have made our mistakes in the past and like others have said if you want to be in this industry yes you might as well stay drug free it's not worth it

69 months ago

i appoligise i thought you were commenting to my typing i know it sucks at times sorry

69 months ago

cyrus hottenstein in wyoming, Michigan said: i appoligise i thought you were commenting to my typing i know it sucks at times sorry

Best of luck to you!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

thanks i'm good to go and staying good to go be cool

Big Shot in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

69 months ago

Again --- until you have a CDL Drivers License, then DOT regulations do not apply to you... I am making the assumption that we are independently attending driver school, and not part of a company/contract (where-is this point I'm not certain). I do know that even pre-employment tests are regulated by DOT very vaguely, in that, the rules stipulate a employer/employee bond. If non exists -- then we are talking about individual rights to privacy (medical records, aka drug test), and hence often failure of employers to inform DOT or report pre-employment screens & records... However, DOT is not vague in their interpretation of who is a driver, and they are not vague about who their rules apply: to a holder of a Commercial Drivers License, a CDL. Hope that helps. (Also, with the above mentioned postings -- please try to use appropriate English and punctuation -- it would make for a more comprehensible discussion, thanks).

Also off topic: just picked up a new FreightLiner Cascadia with 400 hrs on the clock. What a sweet ride, folks -- complete with a 450hp cat.. like driving a sports car).

Bea- Bea in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Sweetie I just found out that you don'y even have to been den smoked. You have to watch the most common place that is cheap an the drivers love to eat at Mickey D's its this seed called poppy seed i never heard of it before but that an taking some of these pain relieving over the counter medicines will do it.

69 months ago

I was wondering after the third year do the incidents/accidents roll off of my dac or the trucking companies don't look at them anymore after the third year?

Mikeo35 in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

I have been in the trucking industry for since 1999 off and on and i failed a drug test back in 2005 of February and i want to get back on i have not driven since then what do i do can anyone help me on this It is not fair that they do this to drivers no one is perfect we all make mistakes we just have to learn from them since then I have not touched marijuanna I hate I ever did it

69 months ago

Mikeo35 in Miami, Florida said: I have been in the trucking industry for since 1999 off and on and i failed a drug test back in 2005 of February and i want to get back on i have not driven since then what do i do can anyone help me on this It is not fair that they do this to drivers no one is perfect we all make mistakes we just have to learn from them since then I have not touched marijuanna I hate I ever did it

And how is it not fair? You knew that drug tests are a part of a truck drivers life and you still got high? You're right, no one is perfect. I am far from it and have made some bad choices in my life. However, the trucking companies have so many applicants to choose from. They have the luxury of being able pick the ones who nothing on their record.

Good luck to you . . .

69 months ago

Sweetie I no. I had a friend that failed his drug test but the company PTL hired him. But before you apply you should go take you a drug test before so that you no that you are clean for your self. Then try to explain to them that you probly ate a poppy seed that is most commonly in McDonalds food. I don't no how it gets in it but then try to go to dac fix to get it tooken off. I'm going to give you a success story of my own that previously happened to me. I was the driver on here with the mest -up driving record because of JB Hunt but the trucking compant Koch Trucking just called me to orientation to make a long story short sweetie don't give up thats what i did but i asked god to change my situation an he did. So what i will like for you to do is trust in god an he will change yours to. Don't never give up always keep trying what i did was kept applying on the sites with multiple company's with one online application thats sent out to many companies you should try it but make sure you go get your test first then when the box that says comment explain to them what happened But i cannot stress enough don't give up god bless you an wish you much success i believe in you, Never give up it will change for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Bea- Bea in Detroit, Michigan said: I was wondering after the third year do the incidents/accidents roll off of my dac or the trucking companies don't look at them anymore after the third year?

I had some accidents in the past and I had to wait and they take up to three years before they role of your record and thank u for that inspirational comment I will not give up I three beautiful girls thats depending on me I have to this for there future.

69 months ago

Do that I encourage you man i will love to see you back out their man. Just keep your head up an be blessed.

69 months ago

sean stevens said: i hate my dac report keeps u from geting a job

I do too sweetie. I no how you feel. Try to go to con-way i was told that they do not look at dac reports.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Milledgeville, Georgia

69 months ago

Just want to say I learned alot from the readings. I messed up by being first time smoker and got canned from the company i was with. Just want to know about the costs of the SAP programs available to me so i can regroup my trucking life.

69 months ago

Charles in Milledgeville, Georgia said: Just want to say I learned alot from the readings. I messed up by being first time smoker and got canned from the company i was with. Just want to know about the costs of the SAP programs available to me so i can regroup my trucking life.

I dont know what sap is and maybe i should have taken it but whatever you do do not give up It is going to be a hard road for u but somebody will hire u

69 months ago

what really gets me is how worried the dot is about amoking a little bud when your off duty so far all i seen on here is about smokin a lil bud this shows you how messed up the system is for example you can drink alcohol up until 4 hrs before you go on duty according to the rules but hey a person can still be drunk and be driving and how about some of the medications drivers take with a prescription that makes you groggy or such that is perfectly fine as long as you have a prescription what has dot done to address those issues nothing but boy let someone smoke a lil pot and boy watch out your condemed your unsafe to drive how may people have you heard of that went out behind he weel and took out family or suchon bud but drink and as long as you didnt take that last drink 4 hrs before going on duty take prescription drugs and your just fine in the dot's eyes hmmmmmmmm a lil food for thought

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

sorry bout my typin lol

69 months ago

i know my comment isnt useful but i feel this way if a person drinks on there off time or takes perscription drugs that can impare there driving should not be allowed to drive also impared is impared no matter how you look at it thats the point i was trying to make thats all

Robert Johnson in Nashville, Tennessee

69 months ago

I hope I wasn't rude.I am just trying to find out how to get back in school.

69 months ago

first off if you quit smoking go down to the dug store and get a home test to see if your clean and 2nd if theres another school go there and try there

69 months ago

darn keyboard i ment to say go down to the drug store and get a home test to make sure your clean and then try at another school

69 months ago

as long as your clean there are companies out there that will train you also but you will be obligated to stay with whichever company untill you have fulfilled the cost of your training

69 months ago

and in a way going with a company to train you is good because you will be there long enough to gain the experiance alot of other companies require you to have to get hired good luck

JEFF48TRUCK in Milan, Tennessee

69 months ago

Steven in Brooklyn, New York said: I recently was hired by a company. I had to travel half way across the country to do thier orientation. To keep it short I came up possitive for marajuana. I have been a driver for 5 years pulling tanker and mostly hazardous material. I have been drug screened on average twice a year. Prior to truck driving I have been tested on average once a year all my adult life. I have never failed a drug in my life until then. Honestly I don't know how the result came back positive. I can't say I have never done marjuana, however, I had not done any since I started driving back in 2001. The company said they could offer me a rehab program and I was offended. I now have a failed screen showing up on my DAC report and am being black balled from every good job I try to get. I have no clue what I can do to fix this, and it is extremely frustrating that I can not get a good job. I am stuck working for small companies who don't check DAC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Pot just didnt show up in your system,you had to have smoked it before your test.Marijuana will will stay in your system for at least 3 to 6 months depending on your body weight and usage.I was addicted to marijuana for 20 years and lost jobs for it and three years ago got caught again,left job for rehab and met all dot requirements for return to work status and still can't get hired so the best thing to do is find something else.Go to a trade school and get trainning in a different field,there is plenty of jobs that pay the same and better than trucking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stoney in Chino Hills, California

69 months ago

Drivers, dont mean to be but this topic is going on too dog on much.
cant we talk about what companies are good and bad, what and why some of us dont get the pay we deserve, how bout the equipment we use and sleep n on a daily basis, the food and showers out here on the road.
come on guys lets get pass this drug thing. I know its out there and many drivers will continue to use. Just dont get caught, and if you do there are ways of getting help and returning back to truck driving.
come lets start off with something new.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

richard in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

69 months ago

Uber Elvis in Qualicum Beach, British Columbia said: There have been documented instances of a positive for THC ( the active ingrediant in pot ) when a person is taking high doses of ibuprophen (advil and the like )... just info.

i take migrain med for years and it ketaprophen a super streangth ibuprophen. beingh clean for years, was stunned i failed for thc. i told the doc i took the meds but he played it off. now its in my dac i have had no results mailed to me.
do yoy have any more info.

69 months ago

Ibuprofen is a common pain reliever that, even in low dosages, used to cause a false THC positive on the EMIT test. The EMIT has been changed to use a different enzyme to eliminate false positives due to Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen in very high doses will still interfere with both the EMIT and the GC-MS. There is some conflicting data here because some sources say that the GC-MS tests can distinguish between Ibuprofen and THC as well as other over-the-counter drugs.

www.drug-test-facts.com/test-standards-accuracy
and the ot doesnt recognise this even tho it is well documented

69 months ago

heres another site that gives a lit of all the drugs that can cause false positives
www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html

richard in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

69 months ago

yes i think were screwed you cant beat a hair test

69 months ago

yes you can there is shampoo made for the hair test e-mail me at dave.hott@hotmail.com and i'll give you the website

69 months ago

any test can be beat but the best thing is to stay clean i know it sucks at times but thats the best policy until some of the laws are changed and certian drugs are made legal

69 months ago

let me refrase thhat all but a blood test can be beat one way or another and marujuana is the most common failed because it stays in your system the longest

69 months ago

dont get me wrong i do not condone doing anything that impares your ability to do your job but i also feel that what you do on your off time is your business and not anyone elses and the way the system is set up to invade a persons privacy and the way the system treats you because of drug test results it you have a problem and it inteferes with your job then yes you should seek help

crazyrussian

68 months ago

My inquiry is this. As I understand, most drug tests are urine tests. In what cases test done via hair or blood????????

I was working for a trucking co (LOCAL 9 to 5)and was tested 5 times in two years period. They were urine tests. RANDOM. The way it was done is, you come back to yard from one of your runs and they give you notice, that you been "randomly" selected, so they give you 30 min to get to testing place, which was 5 miles away. When at testing place, you had to empty your pockets and go to the room, ALONE!, and pee in the cup..... I like to party on weekends and sometimes, when really drunk, I like to "powder my nose" if you know what I mean. The way I got around these tests is, I always had a "belt with a pouch filled with synthetic urine" in my lunch bag and put it on, on the way to test site.....
Now I am looking for an OTR job and interested to know, what are procedures in these BIG OTR companies. I mean, would I be able to do the same trick, if I'll always have my "belt" with me. And how are the test sites? I heard that at some testing facilities they actually WATCH YOU PEE in the cup?!?!
Can you please share your drug testing experiences with me?! I would really appreciate it.
P.S. I just want to mention that, SAFTY is my #1 priority and I NEVER DID or would DO drugs on duty!!! It's just a rare ocasional weekend recreation activity.... also...does anyone knows, how long coke stays in your system.
Thanks....Keep On Truckin' !!!

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Crazyrussian- You are kidding right? You should not be doing drugs at any time if you are a professional driver. Your old tricks will not past muster today. The tests can detect synthetic urine or adulterating substances. You get caught substituting or adulterating and you may as well kiss your license goodbye. It is near impossible to get a job after testing positive for a substance. If you substitute or adulterate you'll probably never get a company to look at you again because now you added dishonesty to stupidity.

Get off the drugs or don't get behind the wheel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

crazyrussian

68 months ago

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California said: Crazyrussian- You are kidding right? You should not be doing drugs at any time if you are a professional driver. Your old tricks will not past muster today. The tests can detect synthetic urine or adulterating substances. You get caught substituting or adulterating and you may as well kiss your license goodbye. It is near impossible to get a job after testing positive for a substance. If you substitute or adulterate you'll probably never get a company to look at you again because now you added dishonesty to stupidity.

Get off the drugs or don't get behind the wheel.

Synthetic urine that I get is UNDETECTIBLE. It is really a pretty good stuff. It always passed with flying colors...and b.t.w... these were DOT split spec tests..they test for everything and I never had a prob. But enough about this. ....I hear you clearly..you saying for me to get off drugs...Let me say this... I used to be a pothead..I smoked for 9 years every day, but I was driving B Class for small moving co. and never got tested and it was never actually a problem for me. But once I got my class A, I quit, and did not touched a joint for 3.5 years. About the "other" thing...it just happens few times a year, you know...VEGAS!!!...MIAMI Spring Break!!!...it's not like it's systematic... But I just want to be safe, cause you know how it is...you won't smoke a joint for a year, and won't get picked, but smoke it once, and you'll be "randomly" selected next day... Life's a tricky science!!!! Well, hope to read some other opinions. Thanks.....

68 months ago

crazy russian goto the sites i listed above they should pretty much answer your questions

68 months ago

crazyrussian said: My inquiry is this. As I understand, most drug tests are urine tests. In what cases test done via hair or blood????????

I was working for a trucking co (LOCAL 9 to 5)and was tested 5 times in two years period. They were urine tests. RANDOM. The way it was done is, you come back to yard from one of your runs and they give you notice, that you been "randomly" selected, so they give you 30 min to get to testing place, which was 5 miles away. When at testing place, you had to empty your pockets and go to the room, ALONE!, and pee in the cup..... I like to party on weekends and sometimes, when really drunk, I like to "powder my nose" if you know what I mean. The way I got around these tests is, I always had a "belt with a pouch filled with synthetic urine" in my lunch bag and put it on, on the way to test site.....
Now I am looking for an OTR job and interested to know, what are procedures in these BIG OTR companies. I mean, would I be able to do the same trick, if I'll always have my "belt" with me. And how are the test sites? I heard that at some testing facilities they actually WATCH YOU PEE in the cup?!?!
Can you please share your drug testing experiences with me?! I would really appreciate it.
P.S. I just want to mention that, SAFTY is my #1 priority and I NEVER DID or would DO drugs on duty!!! It's just a rare ocasional weekend recreation activity.... also...does anyone knows, how long coke stays in your system.

in the case of an accident some police agencies may require a blood test as well as your urine test for dot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

crazyrussian said: My inquiry is this. As I understand, most drug tests are urine tests. In what cases test done via hair or blood????????

some states have someone monitor you as you do your urine test like one time in ohio when i was on the road for a company i worked for had me do a random on the road i was monitored

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

crazyrussian said: Synthetic urine that I get is UNDETECTIBLE. It is really a pretty good stuff. It always passed with flying colors...and b.t.w... these were DOT split spec tests..they test for everything and I never had a prob. But enough about this. ....I hear you clearly..you saying for me to get off drugs...Let me say this... I used to be a pothead..I smoked for 9 years every day, but I was driving B Class for small moving co. and never got tested and it was never actually a problem for me. But once I got my class A, I quit, and did not touched a joint for 3.5 years. About the "other" thing...it just happens few times a year, you know...VEGAS!!!...MIAMI Spring Break!!!...it's not like it's systematic... But I just want to be safe, cause you know how it is...you won't smoke a joint for a year, and won't get picked, but smoke it once, and you'll be "randomly" selected next day... Life's a tricky science!!!! Well, hope to read some other opinions. Thanks.....

I am sorry but I have no sympathy for your situation. You are knowingly doing drugs and asking for advice on how to avoid getting caught. It is because too many truckers do what you are asking about that I found myself in the situation with a false positive that I cannot defend myself against. You said "you know how it is..." but frankly, No I do not. I have never taken a single drug but a random test that I took said otherwise. I immediately had follow-up blood, urine and hair tests that ALL came back negative yet the DOT will not accept these results to clear my name. I have had to complete a SAP program and still cannot find a job driving. I even asked to have a DNA test conducted on the urine sample because if it were truly positive, it isn't my urine but that was refused. You'll have to understand that when I hear that a driver is out there messing around and looking for ways to hide it I have no compassion for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

wild hog in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

stoney in Chino Hills, California said: Drivers, dont mean to be but this topic is going on too dog on much.
cant we talk about what companies are good and bad, what and why some of us dont get the pay we deserve, how bout the equipment we use and sleep n on a daily basis, the food and showers out here on the road.
come on guys lets get pass this drug thing. I know its out there and many drivers will continue to use. Just dont get caught, and if you do there are ways of getting help and returning back to truck driving.
come lets start off with something new.

if it bothers you just unsubscribe to the thread. there are other threads on the web that talk about "good and bad companies". this thread is titled for this topic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

dumbfoundeddriver in Los Angeles, California said: I am sorry but I have no sympathy for your situation. You are knowingly doing drugs and asking for advice on how to avoid getting caught. It is because too many truckers do what you are asking about that I found myself in the situation with a false positive that I cannot defend myself against. You said "you know how it is..." but frankly, No I do not. I have never taken a single drug but a random test that I took said otherwise. I immediately had follow-up blood, urine and hair tests that ALL came back negative yet the DOT will not accept these results to clear my name. I have had to complete a SAP program and still cannot find a job driving. I even asked to have a DNA test conducted on the urine sample because if it were truly positive, it isn't my urine but that was refused. You'll have to understand that when I hear that a driver is out there messing around and looking for ways to hide it I have no compassion for them.

you should contact an attorny and present the evidence you have from the other tests to him and he should know how to go about clearing your name i have been researching this problem for the last 8 years sense 2000 for a false pos i had thats been on my dac sense then and that shows you that the testing system is messed up all it takes is one tech not cleaning a machine correctly and pow there goes your carrer and seeing as its public knowlage you can go online and see which labs had discrepancies and for what you will be supprised at what they are but like you said the dot doesnt recognise it once that mro says you fail your screwed also your a member with ooida they have attornies that may help seeing as they are familiar with the trucking industry

68 months ago

If you fail the test, raise hell. Failing the drug test has been known to make a quiet person go ballistic. You will be interviewed by a medical review official (MRO), who would try to find out why you tested positive. MRO's are not impartial. An MRO is an employee of the lab, and is there for quality control. They are also there to protect the lab by coercing the court into thinking that the person who failed is a drug abuser. Anything you say to an MRO can and will be used against you! If you fight it, your lawyer can subpoena the proficiency testing records of the laboratory for review.

These questions should be asked about the lab you are challenging:

How does the lab handle samples?
Are they NIDA/CAP certified?
Do they participate in appropriate proficiency testing?
What is their track records in the proficiency testing program?
Have they ever failed a proficiency test?
What are the qualifications of the technical staff performing the test?
What technologies do they use to screen and confirm?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

i know some dont think my posts are helpful but my intrest in posting them is to educate on how these tests are done and what you arent told yes there are drivers out there doing what there not supposed to be doing "ON DUTY" and they should seek help if they do have a problem but what you do on your off time shouldnt reflect on you as a driver as long as it doesnt affect your ability to do your job and you preform your job in a safe manor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.