Failed drug test and refusal on dac report

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 224)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Kingmojo52

38 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: This whole thing is just CRAZY. 32 years of driving. PSP is CLEAN. NO ACCIDENTS. However my wife and I attended a family party and ACCIDENTLY Ate pastries from a CA. Wellness Center. A few days later we got a random and came up positive for cannabis. I completed the DOT-SAP evalauation. Took the eight our in class program. Gave two negative test to date, AND NO ONE WILL TOUCH ME. W.T.F. DID I KILL SOMEONE? UMMM DID I SEND A PICTURE ON MY WEINER TO THE WRONG PERSON????? OH SORRY THAT'S OK!!. NO SERIOUSLY THIS IS CRAZY!!! And I have never failed a test in 32 years.
There is something seriously wrong with the system. Can't get unemployment. All the money we saved and thbe money from our tax return got us this far since Jan. Now they make it impossible. They make you feel like a criminal. Which is B.S.
. I totally agree. The industry needs work with the rules. I feel like I broke a major rule of life. I now feel I will not renew my cdl. Looking for a new way of life. Completed the sap, which now I feel was a waste of my time and money. Good luck to all of us that are riding this wave of disappointment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ellen1776 in Atwater, California

38 months ago

Has any one ever had a failed drug test and you knew you should not have failed? Especially when a coworker was having their test done at the same time and they were sweating because they knew they had used drugs and were afraid they would fail the test. My son was the truck driver and he failed to watch as the lab processed his test and packaged it. The coworker and the lab tech were talking in spanish and laughing during the testind, my son does not speak spanish, so he did not know what they were talking about. Well my son failed the test the only test he ever failed in his life and the Mexican guy passed.
We tried to fight it but got no where. Now this is on his work history.
Things happen that is out of our control.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brokenpisser in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

Here is one for you guys .
Pulled in for random no big deal can pass . Only problem just went 10 min b4 they grabbed me off duty on my way home.
So wasn't able to give sample set for 3 hrs drinking still not able to give sample . couldn't piss for another 3 hrs after i got home. I am diabetic and have never damage . Company QUAk wouldn't accept my doctors medical explanation. So now was fired and now flagged as refused. Offered to give blood and hair right there on the spot but they refused only wanted piss. So no unemployment and not job thanks to DOT rules of not drawing blood when unable to get a urin sample.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in San Marcos, California

36 months ago

dncholas in Downers Grove, Illinois said: Why bother getting you own truck @ dliski? No point. I got into trucking for two reasons. One I wanted to drive the most giant f*cking thing man has ever put on the road and the other was to get my own truck one day. Those days are gone making money as an O/O. Best you will get is claiming you are and probably make less than company drivers. Screw long haul also. Why go out and completely destroy any life you have for some chicken hawks that lie to your face and make fun of you behind you back? Only work local as a company driver.. anything else is at your demise.

Just because you can't make something work for yourself doesn't mean that NOone can...You can still make money as an O/O if you know what the hell your doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in San Marcos, California

36 months ago

analogman007 in Mount Pleasant, Utah said: I just got my cdl and I am applying for jobs.
11 years ago I failed a drug test at a non driving job(retail).
will this stop me from getting hired on. will they find out about it?
what is a "dac" and is dac for only reported for driving jobs or any failed drug test??

you should be fine...since the test you failed was not a DOT test, it was not reported to DOT or FMCSA

kingmojo52 in Mckinney, Texas

36 months ago

Most trucking companies only go back five years at the most. The dac is kept only for drivers under safety sensative standards. Pilots, truckers, ship captains etc. Nothing else is a dac sensative item. You should not have a problem. They usually only gpo back ten years for previous employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lazyriver in Arlington, Texas

36 months ago

dliski in Roscommon, Michigan said: I have been working for a small company now and enjoy it I have a five year plan and thats get enough loanes to get my own truck and trailer. I almost got a year of experience since failing for warner. I dont really have the desire to work for the big companies anymore but I will apply in 3 years when I am off the dack how can those companys known I failes if I am off the dack.

?in 1995 i failed a drug test for a company.i did not go thru a sap program.i have worked for sarval company since.now here in 2011 a have became a owner operator.a company im was trying to lease on with states that until a go thru a sap program i cant get hired.how do i go to sap program to get in complince?

mickeyinlasvegas

36 months ago

dliski in Roscommon, Michigan said: I have been working for a small company now and enjoy it I have a five year plan and thats get enough loanes to get my own truck and trailer. I almost got a year of experience since failing for warner. I dont really have the desire to work for the big companies anymore but I will apply in 3 years when I am off the dack how can those companys known I failes if I am off the dack.

Was just wondering if perhaps you could e-mail the name of the company that hired you. Have over 30 yrs exp. Failed random back in Jan. 2011. In SAP now have given three cleans to date. If you could send that info to mickeyinlasvegas@yahoo.com. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Most of the larger companies will only go back three years. This is when it falls off your dac. Some companies ask that it has been five years since the incident. Just search for the companies that ask three years.

36 months ago

lazyriver in Arlington, Texas said: ?in 1995 i failed a drug test for a company.i did not go thru a sap program.i have worked for sarval company since.now here in 2011 a have became a owner operator.a company im was trying to lease on with states that until a go thru a sap program i cant get hired.how do i go to sap program to get in complince?

Actually by law you were not to be hired until you complete a dac program. The company and yourself could be liable if you work without completing the program. If you get into an accident, and it is found that you did not do the sap program. Healthy fines will be issued. FYI.

bruthablack in Indianapolis, Indiana

35 months ago

Mary English in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am currently looking for a job in trucking. Back in 2005 I was smoking Mary Jane and came up dirty with swift and my brother refused to test on a pre employment test for swift. I completed the SAP program and went to get help with my problem with weed. I've been clean now for 4 years. My question is can I get a second chance at driving with a failed drug test or refusal on DAC report after 5 years or should I just turn in my cdl's and get regular class c licenses to drive my car and go on to another career. Majority of people I talk to say keep them and keep my medical card current. But when I go to fill out an online application those questions are there about have you ever failed or refused a drug test and it does not specify the time frame. If anybody can clarify this for me and tell me some trucking companies to apply to email me at ajr3473@yahoo.com

I too am going through a similar situation. About 3 1/2 years ago I failed a pee test for weed. It has been soooooooo hard to get a job and I DID complete the return to work program. most jobs I aply for say on the app, have you failed or refused in the pass THREE years and ofcourse I put NO because its been 3 1/2 years and they still wont touch me. there MUST be a way to get this off of my record. there is NO way I should have to pay for this for the rest of my life. I dont understand how people can beat their wife, abuse children and all types of horible crimes and get a second chance!! I really dont understand this, its wrong on sooooo many levels. just hang in there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

The explanation my son received is there are some companies hiring policy is, if you have ever had a failed drug test they will not hire you. The reason is if you have an accident with a car their attorney will get that information that you have failed and use that against the company & you. Saying that is you ever used drugs you could have been on drugs when you had the accident. I do not feel it is fair. Especially since I am very sure my sons sample was mixed up with the other persons that was taking the test at the same time. The other person worked at the same company my son worked at and the othere employee was worried because he had used drugs. My son was not worried since he knew he has not used drugs. Well guess who passed and who didn't???? The other employee and the lab worker both spoke spanish and my son didn't. They were speaking in spanish and laughting during the test. My son was distracted and did not watch closely the process the lab worker did in processing his sample. Well you guessed the other employee passed and my son did not. He only failed drug test ever!!!!! He did return to the same job for a short time then was rehired at his previous job and that employer failed to complete his year of supervision for the SAP, his employer was required to send him for 6 random drug test in 1 year. When he applied for another drivers job they checked with the employer where he had the failed drug test they stated he had not completed his required testing the new company would not hire him. The worse part was he had already been told he was hired and had quit his current job. So now NO JOB & CAN'T GET HIRED!!! That was in 2006 he has been out of the driving jobs. He currently just got hired for a small company. Thank God. So there is hope but you have to wait it out.

robrj49 in Tomball, Texas

35 months ago

my former company says I refused a drug test, but I did not refuse. They would not allow me to take it at a closer place. Yet now, I have a drug refusal on my record. How do I get it off??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

yungtrucker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

Get a local job. Don't put that u failed they won't know unless u tell them. They don't check dac. U think with all the ppl failing drug tests tht their career is over? Hell no get a local, PASS THEIR DRUG TEST, and bust yo as*, don't give up hope they are out there just look. Mainly grocery companies they don't care they hire and fire everyday

mickeyinlasvegas

35 months ago

yungtrucker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Get a local job. Don't put that u failed they won't know unless u tell them. They don't check dac. U think with all the ppl failing drug tests tht their career is over? Hell no get a local, PASS THEIR DRUG TEST, and bust yo as*, don't give up hope they are out there just look. Mainly grocery companies they don't care they hire and fire everyday

You are very Right about finding local work. It will be very difficult but not impossible!!!!!! I have 32 yrs exp. Really couldn't tell you how many MILLION ACCIDENT FREE MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have. No roadside Violations, went to the DOT/SAP and still can't find a job. Why because I went to a party at a family memebers house in CA. and someone brought some pastries that were from a medical marijuana center in CA. Never knew what they were and accidently ate them. FMSCA needs to get this straightened out. People make mistakes knowingly and unknowingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mickeyinlasvegas

35 months ago

Safety Spy in Denver, Colorado said: Your DAC wont show that you failed a drug test. It has a few things on it that lets companies know to be suspicious, but they have to contact the company to get the record. Companies are required to release Drug and Alcohol histories for the past 36 months, but beyond that they don't have to. Some do anyways though, so watch out.
Back to DAC, it will tell your period of service, it will tell you separation reason (resigned or discharged) it will tell you eligibility for rehire (yes, no, upon review) it will tell about your experience and equipment. It shows accidents for the past 7 years. And the wost thing on DAC is the work record. A lot of people get satisfactory, but it might say no show, log violation, excessive complaints, and the fatal one: Personal contact requested. I DO BACKGROUND CHECKS/EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATIONS. 8 times out of 10, this means failed drug test. And some companies will tell you even without a release if you call, they will say something like, well he cant ever work here again, so you read between the lines, or doesnt meet DOT standards, which is office code for failed drug test. My suggestion is if you want to work for a big company get a copy of you DAC, and find out what it says. You can go to the hire right website and challenge it. This will show on your DAC and tip the company off, but you may get that sealed after the three years has passed. The biggest advice is, if you failed a test, stay away from the big companies for 3 years because any company in the past three years will get asked about you drug history. If you fail a test, and that company doesnt report to DAC, then how will i know you worked there? Just order your DAC ever now and then, because some companies are lazy and wont report you record for 6-9 months. There is no reason to rerun a DAC once you have been hired.

IT SHOWS ON MY DAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAILED RANDOM You are right about the big companies

Newbornjosh in Cartersville, Georgia

35 months ago

I went to CDI school back in July 2010 on my first day I faild the dot drug test. Did not even have a learners can I apply at another school and was that put on any record of mine??

Bob in Holley, New York

35 months ago

I own my own company and, Im trying to wrap my brain arround the stupidity of using any prohibited drug while on or off duty or even while working in the trucking industry, turning up a bad piss test, then bitching about not being able to find a job right after being canned. I can sympathize with somone who was slipped a loaded brownie but its the oldest excuse right next to "its not mine" and the tests are accurate. O.K. I will agree that A one time f#@k up and its been years since your DAC should be cleared after five to seven years. The only thing I can sugestis set up your own DOT aproved testing program and it will cost about $ 100- $150 bucks. You can sign up with a consortium dirrectly and request a mininum number of testsyou want at least three. If you work for any employer that tests get a copy of all results, keep them and give them to any trucking company you apply at. By the way, as per FMCSA regs any trucking company that hires you is required to do a background check.

Bob in Holley, New York

35 months ago

Mary English in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am currently looking for a job in trucking. Back in 2005 I was smoking Mary Jane and came up dirty with swift and my brother refused to test on a pre employment test for swift. I completed the SAP program and went to get help with my problem with weed. I've been clean now for 4 years. My question is can I get a second chance at driving with a failed drug test or refusal on DAC report after 5 years or should I just turn in my cdl's and get regular class c licenses to drive my car and go on to another career. Majority of people I talk to say keep them and keep my medical card current. But when I go to fill out an online application those questions are there about have you ever failed or refused a drug test and it does not specify the time frame. If anybody can clarify this for me and tell me some trucking companies to apply to email me at ajr3473@yahoo.com

Yep, I can tell you worked for swift

Bob in Holley, New York

35 months ago

tool in Newton, New Hampshire said: Has anybody ever tried the product "Spike" by Clear Choice when taking a random DOT drug test? Any info would be a great help. I smoke weed on my own time, don't drink at all and would like to smoke from time to time. Thanks

Drug tests are accurate, they test for the substance and the metabolites your body produces breaking it down this you cant eliminate by using spike most drugs take at least one month to clear. They dont work and even if you don't use drugs many products that claim to clean your system may show up a false positive, you will waste your money as well as be unemployed and unemployable. If you party don't apply to a trucking company.If you plan to keep using as it sounds like you do, stay the F@#k out of the trucking business! My job is dangerous enough already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lapazleo

34 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas said: You are very Right about finding local work. It will be very difficult but not impossible!!!!!! I have 32 yrs exp. Really couldn't tell you how many MILLION ACCIDENT FREE MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have. No roadside Violations, went to the DOT/SAP and still can't find a job. Why because I went to a party at a family memebers house in CA. and someone brought some pastries that were from a medical marijuana center in CA. Never knew what they were and accidently ate them. FMSCA needs to get this straightened out. People make mistakes knowingly and unknowingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Yeah right accidently ate them cookies.No such thing as medical marijuana.Quit making excuses.I've heard them all before.We don't need the likes of you in the trucking industry.Drug screening should be tighter not looser.We got enough problems in trucking with out potheads and dopers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

DIXIEGIRL54 in Woodville, Mississippi

34 months ago

Your a jerk for not knowing what your talking about.There is medical pot for people with terminal illness such as cancer,which I have, so I know what I'm talking about.And it is possible to eat something made with it without knowing because you can't taste it.I am also a truck driver with Schneider National and I know people really deserve a second chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

mickeyinlasvegas in Corona, California

34 months ago

lapazleo said: Yeah right accidently ate them cookies.No such thing as medical marijuana.Quit making excuses.I've heard them all before.We don't need the likes of you in the trucking industry.Drug screening should be tighter not looser.We got enough problems in trucking with out potheads and dopers.

You must be living in the DARK AGES IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! 16 States now have medical marijuana. Pastries look and taste like regular pastries. I owe you no explanation, only my family, and they know it was an accident. In fact my company even has given me good recommendations and the only reason they wouldn't take me back is insurance. How many accident free miles do you have? How many roadside inspections do you have with no violations? Hell how many trs experience do you have? I HAVE OVER 5 MILLION MILES ACCIDENT FREE!!!!!! NO ROADSIDE VIOLATIONS EVER!!!!!!!!!! 32 YEARS EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH NO LOG BOOK VIOLATIONS WHETHER IT BE EOBC OR PAPER LOGS. SO WAKE T.. F..K UP
Fuuny never failed a random in the past and entered a SAP and haven't failed one there either. It was an accident. I am only pointing out for my fellow drivers to be very careful what they eat. God Bless and be Safe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I know my son was drug free but the coworker was by his own admission and the coworker passed and my son did not!! The lab worker doing the test was real friendly with the co worker laughing and talking to him in Spainish. Go figure!!
So my advise be very careful with your testing and make sure your sample is put in your envelop. My son was distracted during the time the lab person packaged his sample. My son had never failed a drug test and has not failed any since. He had to stay out of the trucking business for about 4 or 5 years. He recently was hired with a small trucking firm and it very thankful for this job.

34 months ago

+It is sad that there are so many unapathetic people on this planet. People make mistakes all the time. In trucking, if you smoke pot, you are equivalant to a rapist or a murderer, at least that is the way that you are treated. They tell you to take the SAP program. Even then it is as if you did nothing. They should say what they really mean. If you happen to test positive for THC, throw those CDLs away. Instead they tell you to spend that money you are going to really need, because no one is going to hire you after that. Save tht money and get forklift certified and get a job. God Bless and good luck.

DIXIEGIRL54 in Woodville, Mississippi

34 months ago

Micky in Las Vegas, I would just like to say VERY WELL SAID.I wish you lots of luck

bill in Tracy, California

34 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: big m how far do they go back and check isn't 14/15 years long enough to pass a background check

In ca. they can only background check you for 5 years for misdemeanors and 7 for felonies,and they are not allowed to check your personal credit anymore.Check with dak wich was bought out by unisys the background company.every thing I've wrote can be googled for those experts out there that don;t know the real answers.

FRANK in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

freed10 in Kingsport, Tennessee said: try carolina cargo

DID YOU EVER FIND A JOB HELP ME OUT IN THE SAME BOAT TY LY3DFRANK@YAHOO.COM

shadowchaser in Franklin, Kentucky

33 months ago

I was working for a very small company out west and came home after 7 weeks out for holidays, I smoked the day I got home. The next day they told me I would have to take a random, I actually passed the random, then I decided as long as I was home I would apply for a job that was closer to home the day after I applied they called me to take drug screen but I had left town for the holidays, so I took the test 1 week after I had passed the random, and didn't hear anything back. So I left back out for the company out west and turned my truck in and as I was driving the 1000 miles back home expecting to go to work for the company I had done the preemployment test with I was called by lab and told I failed the pre employment screening. Does that mean now since I was not working for that company and had already quit the other that it will prevent me from applying to another small company for cdl job? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mickeyinlasvegas in Las Vegas, Nevada

33 months ago

You need to check you DAC before you do anything. And it depends what state you live in if DMV finds out and puts it in your record. The companies lab/DOT Dr. has a legal obligation to report it to the following states DMV office. Here is a cut and paster from www.firstlab.com
REPORTING POSITIVE DOT DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTS TO STATE CDL AGENCIES
Eight States (AR, CA, NC, NM, OR, SC,TX and WA) have enacted legislation or issued regulations that require employers, Medical Review Officers (MRO), or Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT) to report positive DOT drug and alcohol tests to a State agency. The requirements apply to DOT drug and alcohol tests conducted on individuals who hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) issued by the State.
Arkansas requires both employers (motor carriers) and MROs to report positive alcohol tests, verified positive drug tests, and refusals to test on DOT testing of AR CDL holders. All reporting is done via a subscription web-based reporting system. AR Motor carriers and MROs must register with the AR Dept of Finance and Administration, Office of Driver Services.
California requires that MROs, BATs and TPAs report to the California Highway Patrol every positive DOT drug and alcohol (>0.04 BrAC) test conducted on a CA CDL holder. The report does not include any individual test identification information (e.g. employer, driver name, CDL license number, SSN, etc.); only the date and reason for the test, the drug(s) detected, and the alcohol level >0.04 BrAC.
North Carolina requires employers to report DOT positive drug and alcohol tests on NC CDL holders to the State using a standard “Positive Drug Test Report” form. Under the NC statute, the driver’s CDL is suspended until the driver or the employer provides proof of successful completion of the SAP assessment and treatment/rehabilitation process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

New Mexico requires employers to report DOT drug and alcohol positive and refusal to tests on CDL holders to the NM DMV. The DMV will enter the information on the CDL holder’s motor vehicle record. Pre-employment refusals to test are not reported. The positive/refusal to test information will remain on the driver’s record for 5 years.
Oregon’s regulation applies to positive DOT drug test results; positive alcohol test results are not reported. The MRO initiates the report using a standard Oregon State form and forwards it to the employer. The employer completes the form and forwards it to the State agency. The information is entered into a State database and released to employers only with a signed release from the driver. No actions are taken on the driver’s CDL.

33 months ago

South Carolina requires employers to report positive DOT drug and alcohol tests on all SC CDL holders (both
employees and applicants). The statute also requires reporting of any refusals to test and adulterated/substituted
drug tests. The employer must complete SC CDL-18 form and submit it to the SCDMV within 3 days of the DOT
violation.
Washington requires MROs and BATs to report positive DOT drug and alcohol test results on individuals holding
a WA CDL directly to the State using a standard form. The SAP assessment/treatment report is submitted by the
SAP to the State. For the 1st and 2nd violations, the driver’s CDL is suspended until successful completion of the
SAP assessment and rehabilitation process is documented by the SAP report to the State. For a 3rd violation
within 5 years, there is a lifetime suspension of the CDL.
Copies of the applicable State forms or instructions are available on the FirstLab website, under the Resources tab.
The FirstLab MRO Department initiates and completes reports as required under the statutes and either forwards
them to the employer Designated Employer Representative (DER) or directly to the State agency as appropriate
TX is also on the list but for some reason will not allow me to cut and paste

33 months ago

And you are gonna have to take a DOT/SAP. program!!!!!!!!!!! And check this out. It will be VERY HARD for you to get a job. I went through a DOT/SAP couldn't find a job. Joined a DOT Random Consortium because I couldn't find a job and wanted to continue with my six randoms in 12 months. Got my return to Duty after taking SAP classes. Passed my test. Gave Four Clean Randoms. THEY DON'T COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 YOU MUST BE EMPLOYED FOR ANY OF YOUR RANDOMS TO COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It's a nightmare and living hell. If you had killed someone you would have a better chance to get a job. SAD BUT TRUE. It's a mistake you may have to live with for a very long time. More than likely the company you failed for reported it. If you're lucky they didn't and I wouldn't report it. Good Luck in your journey. IT'S A LIVING HELL. And for all you sarcastic people who NEVER DONE WRONG/MAKE A MISTAKE. LOOK IN THE MIRROR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

bill in Tracy, California said: In ca. they can only background check you for 5 years for misdemeanors and 7 for felonies,and they are not allowed to check your personal credit anymore.Check with dak wich was bought out by unisys the background company.every thing I've wrote can be googled for those experts out there that don;t know the real answers.

The problem with the state laws is that Fedreal over rides State. Trucking companies hiring drivers MUST use Fedreal guidelines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

DIXIEGIRL54 in Woodville, Mississippi said: Micky in Las Vegas, I would just like to say VERY WELL SAID.I wish you lots of luck

Thank You Dixie Girl. Hope your health is getting better. As far as these "Jerks" is they think they know all. Nobody does. There is always something new to learn if they would only open their eyes, and quit being so judgemental. What is the saying? "to error is human"
Might have found a job. However it's a lease program and we all know what they are about!! But I Need to get back out there and support my family. Oh and by the way. I NEVER!!!!! GO INTO SOMEONES PLACE AND EAT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! UNLESS I ASK WHAT;S IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that sad what this has all come down to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DIXIEGIRL54 in Brookhaven, Mississippi

33 months ago

Yeah things have really gone down hill in the trucking industry but glad to hear about the job.If leasing is the only way to get your foot back in the door,then I say go for it.You can probably lease for about a year and then you might have the creditiblity back,maybe you can get rid of the lease and get back with a company.I wish you and your family lots of luck and Merry Christmas

33 months ago

Happy Holidays back at ya. That's my feelings about leasing. But gotta do what you gotta do. With all the changes in trucking I not even sure if it's worth it. But I need to get back to work. The guy already knows I checked him out and his rep is not to good. I will just tape all conversations to cover my butt.

redrum in Orlando, Florida

33 months ago

Does anyone know of any small companys that hire people with no experience or schooling that have a current class a CDL????

redrum in Orlando, Florida

33 months ago

Does anyone know of any small companys that hire people with no experience or schooling that have a current class a CDL????

aslucero in Belen, New Mexico

33 months ago

hello lilee420,

I seen your post below from a forum. I had just got my cdl and was going through swift orientation and failed the ua for pot. Can you tell me what company might be able to give me a shot?

Thanks,

Antonio Lucero

LiLee420@aol.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Tommy in Salisbury,

I work for a company in Maryland, that a lot of driver's do not care for. I make good money, and get home to see my family when I ask for it, on average every 2-3 weeks. I do not see what all the complaining was about?! If you would like information on who to talk to and would like to use that so called " worthless CDL" then I can try to help you get hired. If you are convinced that Trucking is not for you, or think it is too demanding. Then for both of our sakes, do not waste my time. I would just hate to hear you say that again. My CDL is the best decision I ever made. I make a good living for my family, pay for my truck, taxes, fuel, and still run on average 3300 a week, and make over a grand a week. What else do you want in life?

ern2528 in Pasadena, Texas

33 months ago

to who ever is reading this comment?.just resighned aug.28 2011.,i have been wrking for this co. for 1yr 8mo.i got called in for a random on my day off.but i coudent go cause i was out of town,now its on my dac. but i went to dac fix and the only thing they did is just explained it at the bottom of the refusel.but its still thier?i started wrking for this shady co . but after a month to wks they found out by my old co. and they let me go just recently on nov 28,2011,.i have never had an accident,or a speeding ticket, i have been driving for 8yrs,.very clean,and follow dot regulations to the t.never did the sap.program,.ive been reading some of the comments and i guees its true your better off causing mill. in dameges, and still get a job then a refusel.? can i or will i get another job in trking or just put the logbook up as a distant memory.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tek_baskota@yahoo.com in Syracuse, New York

33 months ago

how can you help ? i am recent graduate from one of the trucking company. i had valid CDL with allendorsement.but i failed pre-employment drug/alcohol screening test.on 14th october 2011. but i worked with licenced DOT social worker and i am authorized to do any safety functioning job . is there any one to help me in getting trucking job i would really appriciate .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SmoothShifter in Daytona Beach, Florida

33 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas in Las Vegas, Nevada said: And you are gonna have to take a DOT/SAP. program!!!!!!!!!!! And check this out. It will be VERY HARD for you to get a job. <snip> IT'S A LIVING HELL. And for all you sarcastic people who NEVER DONE WRONG/MAKE A MISTAKE. LOOK IN THE MIRROR

I'm in the same situation as you. And yeah, I failed a random for weed for smoking during my off time, and it was a bout of non-discipline that brought my career to a screeching halt.

Sold cars for the last year and hated it. Now I collect unemployment, and want to return to driving and do it the right way, instead of LYING about my past job history like some people do.

For the record, my DAC is clean, and my state doesn't suspend your CDL for a failed UA. Yet. But I still want to take the SAP program and get my name cleared the right and correct way per FMCSA guidelines. And yes, you are right. You have a better chance of getting employed after robbing a bank than failing a drug screen.

For all of you simpletons who like to scream, "Well, we don't need druggies on the road" - you all seem to jump to the conclusion that we are tooling down the highway with a bong duct taped to the wheel, running over baby strollers while clapping our hands and listening to death metal. It's not the case. Most of your horror stories are from drivers who missed a clinic and got pegged for a refusal, or foolishly partook in their downtime. The hard core drug users either cheat the tests, or lie about their job history. And continue to drive.

It's the honest people who screwed up who suffer and get treated like the dregs of society. It's okay for Hollywood and rock stars to kill and maim people in their Lambos - we forgive them.

And for the record, I don't smoke pot now. It cost me too much ( I lost everything and declared bankruptcy) and until it is legalized and socially accepted like alcohol, it'll stay that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Good Luck in your search. IT CAN BE DONE!!!! It will be diffucult though. I commend you on wanting to do this correctly. Just find a DOT/SAP. Very important that they are DOT/SAP certified. If not you are wasting your time. Upon completing the requirements of the SAP, yopu will get a return to duty. Then and only then can you LEGALLY return to a safety sensetive position.(DRIVING).
You said you have sold cars for the last year. DO NOT LET TOO MUCH MORE TIME PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The reason being is now you are going to run into the "Recent Experience" problem. If you are going to run local it won't be a problem. However running the road most companies want two years recent exp. some want two years in the last three.
I understand the reasons behind the DOT Regulations. AND I feel that what you do at home on your own time is your business!!!!! But the law is the Law. If they would implement a swab, or blood test over a urine or hair test, I feel it would be much more fairer. Swab only detects 24 hours. Blood 72 hours. Urine, up to 30 days. Hair, can go back years. Better yet just legalize it. How many open bottles do you see laying around truck stops????? That's another story. Anyways good luck to you, and have a safe and happy holiday

DIXIEGIRL54 in Brookhaven, Mississippi

33 months ago

Hi Micky,I'm glad you have a plan to help you get back o trucking but before you shekk out all that money on a sap,you need to talk to someone that has taken it and returned to driving.Most of the people I've talked to that has taken the sap program,still haven't been able to get a job driving.The sap doesn't mean that you can get your job back and in some cases it can hurt you more than help you.Please check in to it before you pay all that money. GOOD LUCK.
DIXIEGIRL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

DIXIEGIRL54 in Brookhaven, Mississippi said: Hi Micky,I'm glad you have a plan to help you get back o trucking but before you shekk out all that money on a sap,you need to talk to someone that has taken it and returned to driving.Most of the people I've talked to that has taken the sap program,still haven't been able to get a job driving.The sap doesn't mean that you can get your job back and in some cases it can hurt you more than help you.Please check in to it before you pay all that money. GOOD LUCK.
DIXIEGIRL

Good Morning Dixie girl. Spoke with you here a few times. I completed the DOT/SAP back in June. Been turned down way to many times to count. I have found a job and I will be starting after the Holidays. It's a lease, however if I am able to find a truck before then he will take me on as an O/O. You are very right about just because you complete a DOT/SAP DOES NOT mean you will be able to find a job. IT is very difficult!!! Way harder than I ever imagined. You grow either thick skin or you get out of it altogether. To be honest with you there are MANY TIMES!!!!! I wanted to just say "Forget About IT" and move on. But I have been trucking for many many years, and it's what I do. I will just get through the next few years running with this guy and hope everything works out. Just trying to keep the exp. going. Once you get past the three year point you will have better oppertunities. Better yet at the Five Year mark. Then again A LOT of companies will never take you. I was just trying to let Smooth Shifter know what lies ahead for him.
Hope your health is getting better, and you and your family have a WONDERFUL SAFE HOLIDAY

SmoothShifter in Daytona Beach, Florida

33 months ago

I can appreciate what you are saying, DixieGirl, but what happens is that per FMCSA regs, you are not allowed to return to driving duty .... EVER..... until you complete the SAP program. Even if it is on your DAC report and falls off after 3 years, you are still required to complete the SAP DOT Return to Duty process. If you don't, you are breaking the law and can be prosecuted for falsifying past employment history.

Now, there are loopholes and drivers exploit them. They wait, clean out, and don't self report their failed drug test and roll the dice.

I would not want to take that route, be clean as a whistle and have a drunk driver kill himself on my front bumper. Then his family's lawyer does a little digging and finds that failed random, and I would be sitting in prison for manslaughter, even though the accident was no fault of mine. Why?

Because I wasn't qualified to drive a CMV and was driving one anyway.

I know it's a tough road to do the right thing. I am completely drug free and could pass a urine and a hair follicle test easily, and would pay for all the subsequent testing out of pocket - but it's hard to do when I'm collecting a pittance on unemployment.

And that sucks. I've always been a hard and productive worker. I hate where I sit these days. It's why I decided to start writing about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

SmoothShifter in Daytona Beach, Florida said: I can appreciate what you are saying, DixieGirl, but what happens is that per FMCSA regs, you are not allowed to return to driving duty .... EVER..... until you complete the SAP program. Even if it is on your DAC report and falls off after 3 years, you are still required to complete the SAP DOT Return to Duty process. If you don't, you are breaking the law and can be prosecuted for falsifying past employment history.

Now, there are loopholes and drivers exploit them. They wait, clean out, and don't self report their failed drug test and roll the dice.

I would not want to take that route, be clean as a whistle and have a drunk driver kill himself on my front bumper. Then his family's lawyer does a little digging and finds that failed random, and I would be sitting in prison for manslaughter, even though the accident was no fault of mine. Why?

Because I wasn't qualified to drive a CMV and was driving one anyway.

I know it's a tough road to do the right thing. I am completely drug free and could pass a urine and a hair follicle test easily, and would pay for all the subsequent testing out of pocket - but it's hard to do when I'm collecting a pittance on unemployment.

And that sucks. I've always been a hard and productive worker. I hate where I sit these days. It's why I decided to start writing about it.

Very Well said. As Dixie Girl said there are ways to "get around the system" BUT IT's JUST NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!! In todays high tech world and the resources out there, God Forbid something happened and it wasn't your fault. IT'S STILL YOUR FAULT IF YOU DIDN'T GET A RETURN TO DUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read next post. Ran out of room

33 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Very Well said. As Dixie Girl said there are ways to "get around the system" BUT IT's JUST NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!! In todays high tech world and the resources out there, God Forbid something happened and it wasn't your fault. IT'S STILL YOUR FAULT IF YOU DIDN'T GET A RETURN TO DUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read next post. Ran out of room

Here is an example of what I mean. AND THIS IS A VERY TRUE STORY.
While I was driving for a company out of Birmingham, AL. We had a driving team who were involved in a deadly accident. A pickup truck ran a stop sign, our truck hit him, the passanger wasn't wearing his seat belt, and got thrown out of the pickup and got crushed by his pickup which was driven by his son. The driver of our truck was not suppose to be at the location according to his log book!!!!!!!!!!! Even though the accident was not our drivers fault and his paper log looked good. They pulled the computer from the truck recorder and found out he was falseified his log book. End result he was arrested and charged with vehicle manslaughter. and a bunch of other fed charges.
CAN YOU IMAGINE IF HE HAD BEEN PUT OUT OF SERVICE FOR A FAILED RANDOM AND NEVER COMPLETED A DOT/SAP, AND B.S. HIS WAY BACK IN TRUCKING. LIFE IN PRISON or WHAT WOULD SEEM AS LIFE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kevrinc77 in Louisville, Colorado

33 months ago

Ok so I was driving for this small company and got pulled into a way station. They did a random search and found a case of beer in the side compartment. The driver who had the truck before me had left it there and I did not check to see if anything was under their before I took off. Lesson learned. So they gave me a ticket for having of alcohol in a commercial vehicle. I have not driven since and have been going to school. I want to try to get a job for the summer driving a truck so I can pay for school. Do you think someone will hire me with this on my record? I also have a reckless driving about 3 and half years ago. Kevrinc77@yahoo.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.