Failed drug test and refusal on dac report

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 225)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

tim in nh in Manchester, New Hampshire

34 months ago

Big M Trucking in Sacramento, California said: Not likely, but its possible with a smaller outfit.

That is your criminal record you can go get your record cleaned by going to the court that found you guilty.50 bucks to local court and 100 to hillsboro county and that will be off your record for ever. I had a felony and got it taken off now i have a twic card a hazmat and a consealed wepons permit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

need a job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

33 months ago

well they never told me I was going in for a random seen the drug test guy and quit my job on the spot does that count as a refusal? My company sent me a list of SAPs don't know where it is at. I smoked the herb in my free time stayed unemployed with no unemployment benefits for the last 6 months so I can buy grass that has gotten me to quit. Was wondering if I could still get a class B job legally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kingmojo52 in Mckinney, Texas

33 months ago

Ia totally agree with what has been said here. One of the best responses that I ahve read thus far.. I failed a randon. I could have cheated. But I didn't, and truthfully now I regret it. Indulged once during a class reunion. Now treated as if I killed the mayor or somebody. Did the SAP thing and it changes nothing. There is a big target on us now. Good Luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

SmoothShifter in Daytona Beach, Florida

33 months ago

need a job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: well they never told me I was going in for a random seen the drug test guy and quit my job on the spot does that count as a refusal?

Yes.

[QUOTE]My company sent me a list of SAPs don't know where it is at.

www.saplist.com/

[QUOTE]I smoked the herb in my free time stayed unemployed with no unemployment benefits for the last 6 months so I can buy grass that has gotten me to quit. Was wondering if I could still get a class B job legally

Since you have a refusal to drug test, you can not "legally" obtain a job, Class A or B, until you complete the return to duty process, which includes seeing a SAP. If your company sent you a list of SAP's, then the refusal has been documented. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

slomoe in North Little Rock, Arkansas

33 months ago

i got my to rebuttle my screen without using dac,they re a joke!and were warned that i would obtain a attorney.they stop reporting to other employers.

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

33 months ago

You ppl that fail randoms,what you think just because you smoke on your own time you won't have to take a random.My advice to you is if your CDL means anything to you then lay off the drugs COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all have to keep a drug kit in your trk incase you have to take a random for a DOT.What do you spose would happen if you failed that test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mickeyinlasvegas in Corona, California

33 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: You ppl that fail randoms,what you think just because you smoke on your own time you won't have to take a random.My advice to you is if your CDL means anything to you then lay off the drugs COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all have to keep a drug kit in your trk incase you have to take a random for a DOT.What do you spose would happen if you failed that test?

YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU WORKED AND CARED ABOUT. YOU TRY AND DO EVERYTHING RIGHT. GO TO SAP/DOT PROGRAM. GET A RETURN TO DUTY. NOBODY WILL HIRE YOU BECAUSE "YOU ARE A RISK" YOU TRY AND DO IT RIGHT BUT THE SCUM ARE OUT THERE TO USE!!!! YOU !!!. WE HAVE A LEASE PROGRAM. (THATS A WASTE) YOU END UP NOT ONLY MESSING UP YOUR DAC WORSE. YOU GO BROKE AND LOSE EVERYTHING YOU TRIED TO SAVE. IT'S NOT JUST WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
i HAVE AN IDEA. HOW MANY DRIVERS HAVE SEEN EMPTY WHISKEY, BEER BOTTLES LAYING IN THE BACK OF TRUCKSTOPS????? LET'S WAKE UP WITH A HANGOVER. START THAT BIG TRUCK UP AND GO DOWN THE HIGHWAY WITH A BIG HANGOVER. MASSIVE HEADACHE. DEHYDRAYED DRIVING THAT BIG TRUCK DOWN THE HIGHWAY. HELL YAH. IT'S ALL LEGAL BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE TRACED IN A WEEK OR TWO. WHAT A SYSTEM.
MAKE THE SYSTEM FAIR. DO A SWAB IN THE MOUTH. IT SHOWS ANYTHING TAKEN IN THE LAST 24HOURS. OH HOW ABOUT A BLOOD TEST?? 72 HOURS. HELL NO. I WANT YOUR PISS. 30 DAYS. NO EFFECT WHAT SO EVER ON YOUR DRIVING AT ALL. OH BETTER YET I WANT A HAIR SAMPLE. YEAH THAT'S BETTER. SIX MONTHS? A YEAR?
SOMETHING NOTS RIGHT HERE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME. OH NEVER MIND OVER 60% OF AMERICANS SMOKE MARIJUANA. 16 STATES HAVE MEDICAL MARIJUANA. WAKE T.F.U. AMERICA

mickeyinlasvegas in Corona, California

33 months ago

Just a Rant the above post. I know it's not legal Fedreally!!! And yes the DOT is Fed. Just wish people would look at both sides of it. As a driver you can have a script for speed. Yes you read it right. You can have a script for speed. That's OK by the DOT. And you can Drive with it. 16 States have medical Marijuana. BUT YOU CANNOT HAVE IT IN YOUR SYSTEM. EVER!!!!!. wHETHER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT DOES HAVE VALUE FOR MEDICAL USE. THIS IS WHY I SAY A MOUTH SWAB IS THE FAIREST TEST TO TAKE. THEY CAN TEST YOUR NANOGRAM COUNT AND KNOW IF YOU ARE UNDER THE INFLUENCE WHILE DRIVING.
YES I MADE A MISTAKE!!!! YES I AM BITTER!!! AND I JUMPED THROUGH ALL THE DOT/SAP B.S. BUT I AM A DRIVER!! A DAMN GOOD ONE TOO!!! AND GET SO ANGRY ABOUT HOW THIS ALL PLAYED OUT. THE LAWS NEED TO BE CHANGED.
FOR THE RECORD!!!!!! I AM CLEAN JUST A TAKE ON A SYSTEM THAT IS BROKEN. I ACCIDENTLY ATE SOME PASTRIES AT MY WIFE'S MOTHERS BIRTHDAY PARTY AND FAILED A RANDOM. DON'T CARE WHAT THOSE WHO SAY YEAH SURE YOU DID. JUST AFTER GOING THROUGH ALL OF THIS B.S. I SEE BOTH SIDES OF THE PROBLEM. BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENED I TOO WOULD HAVE SAID WE DON'T NEED YOU OUT THERE ON THE ROAD. JUST A THOUGHT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas in Corona, California said: YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU WORKED AND CARED ABOUT. YOU TRY AND DO EVERYTHING RIGHT. GO TO SAP/DOT PROGRAM. GET A RETURN TO DUTY. NOBODY WILL HIRE YOU BECAUSE "YOU ARE A RISK" YOU TRY AND DO IT RIGHT BUT THE SCUM ARE OUT THERE TO USE!!!! YOU !!!. WE HAVE A LEASE PROGRAM. (THATS A WASTE) YOU END UP NOT ONLY MESSING UP YOUR DAC WORSE. YOU GO BROKE AND LOSE EVERYTHING YOU TRIED TO SAVE. IT'S NOT JUST WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
i HAVE AN IDEA. HOW MANY DRIVERS HAVE SEEN EMPTY WHISKEY, BEER BOTTLES LAYING IN THE BACK OF TRUCKSTOPS????? LET'S WAKE UP WITH A HANGOVER. START THAT BIG TRUCK UP AND GO DOWN THE HIGHWAY WITH A BIG HANGOVER. MASSIVE HEADACHE. DEHYDRAYED DRIVING THAT BIG TRUCK DOWN THE HIGHWAY. HELL YAH. IT'S ALL LEGAL BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE TRACED IN A WEEK OR TWO. WHAT A SYSTEM.
MAKE THE SYSTEM FAIR. DO A SWAB IN THE MOUTH. IT SHOWS ANYTHING TAKEN IN THE LAST 24HOURS. OH HOW ABOUT A BLOOD TEST?? 72 HOURS. HELL NO. I WANT YOUR PISS. 30 DAYS. NO EFFECT WHAT SO EVER ON YOUR DRIVING AT ALL. OH BETTER YET I WANT A HAIR SAMPLE. YEAH THAT'S BETTER. SIX MONTHS? A YEAR?
SOMETHING NOTS RIGHT HERE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME. OH NEVER MIND OVER 60% OF AMERICANS SMOKE MARIJUANA. 16 STATES HAVE MEDICAL MARIJUANA. WAKE T.F.U. AMERICA
Back in the day I did drugs,quit long before I started drivig trk.I'm very much against drugs but I won't condemn the ppl that did drugs and now stopped for good.The trucking industry is very unforgiving.People make mistakes,they deserve second chances.But unfortunately trucking companies don't see it that way.They see on your DAC you failed a test or refused a test that happened well over a yr ago,you try and explain it to the recruiter but they don't wanna hear it.No matter what is on your dac and mvr even if 5 yrs old,depending what it is,they won't give drivers a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Any of you potential drivers that truely want to drive trk then you better take this industry SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! So many quit drugs a couple months before starting a company in hopes they pass the drug test then take it and fail.That goes on your DAC and is as bad as having a reckless charge on your MVR.I've been driving since 2003 so I know what the industry is like.With all the new laws/CSA ect,it just is'nt worth it.Judging from many of the posts here,alot of you ppl are great drivers if given the chance.You just made some bad choices is all.But i'm not the one you need to convince that to a recruiter.Then alot of you say i've only had a couple accidents or a couple tickets during a 3 yr time frame,well that is alot believe me.Those of you about to start school with marks on your MVR,I would suggest finding a company first to make sure you have a company to go to once you do graduate.Don't depend on school for help.Those of you that quit smoking weed say a month or 2 ago,forget about going to a company because you'll fail and you'll have to find your own way home,trucking companies will not pay for your bus ticket.I'm just trying to help the ones out that have no clue about this industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

mickeyinlasvegas in Corona, California said: YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU WORKED AND CARED ABOUT. YOU TRY AND DO EVERYTHING RIGHT. GO TO SAP/DOT PROGRAM. GET A RETURN TO DUTY. NOBODY WILL HIRE YOU BECAUSE "YOU ARE A RISK" YOU TRY AND DO IT RIGHT BUT THE SCUM ARE OUT THERE TO USE!!!! YOU !!!. WE HAVE A LEASE PROGRAM. (THATS A WASTE) YOU END UP NOT ONLY MESSING UP YOUR DAC WORSE. YOU GO BROKE AND LOSE EVERYTHING YOU TRIED TO SAVE. IT'S NOT JUST WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
I just don't get why so many think it's ok to do drugs and drink while on the road.They pass a company drug test so what,then they think they'll be good to go for at least a yr.You never know,you be be subject to another test once you get back to the terminal.Then if you have a preventable accident that requires fixing of the trk and/or trl,you're going to have to report that to your company immediately unless you want to use your own money to pay for it.But your company still may find out and the first thing you'll have to do is go to safety then they'll make you take a drug tests and get you a room till the next day while waiting for the results.

kelso tweet in Erie, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

dacfix in Dallas, Texas said: Addiction is not considered a disability and it is not basis for a lawsuit under federal guidelines. The company has the right to hire someone who has completed an SAP course but an SAP class is not a promise you will get hired.

Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
They rehabilitate people with disabilities and even paid for my buddy's trucking school at Transport Tech. Which, happened to be for drug and alcohol. They in fact, wouldn't of paid for his schooling if it wasn't considered. I'm going through OVR myself for refusing my second DUI test and one count of simple possession of marijuana, for respiratory therapy call them and ask them, if you don't believe me or that other guy.

Hervy in Greensboro, North Carolina

31 months ago

Redneck Driver in Cape Girardeau, Missouri said: How do you get a copy of your dac?

www.hireright.com/DAC-Online.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

The website above which is DAC Transportation Employment history. Create an account and request your history. Simple as thast. Good luck.

31 months ago

The website above which is DAC Transportation Employment history. Create an account and request your history. Simple as thast. Good luck.

31 months ago

Anon in Perrysburg, Ohio

31 months ago

Hi:

My problem is exactly the same as yours. Have you found a trucking job? I sure hope so!

Thx.

Anon

anthony quintana in Las Vegas, Nevada

31 months ago

Mary English in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am currently looking for a job in trucking. Back in 2005 I was smoking Mary Jane and came up dirty with swift and my brother refused to test on a pre employment test for swift. I completed the SAP program and went to get help with my problem with weed. I've been clean now for 4 years. My question is can I get a second chance at driving with a failed drug test or refusal on DAC report after 5 years or should I just turn in my cdl's and get regular class c licenses to drive my car and go on to another career. Majority of people I talk to say keep them and keep my medical card current. But when I go to fill out an online application those questions are there about have you ever failed or refused a drug test and it does not specify the time frame. If anybody can clarify this for me and tell me some trucking companies to apply to email me at ajr3473@yahoo.com

This just happend to me they say after a period of time like a dui.you can get a job or the company stops reporting you what i dont understand is swift i work there too i faild a drug test and if i go to rehab what is the difference if i tell them i have a drug,alcohol,pills problem or if they catch me either way you have a problem. they wont hire you back even if you complete rehab if they catch you frist another reason why swift sucks.

31 months ago

Mary English in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am currently looking for a job in trucking. Back in 2005 I was smoking Mary Jane and came up dirty with swift and my brother refused to test on a pre employment test for swift. I completed the SAP program and went to get help with my problem with weed. I've been clean now for 4 years. My question is can I get a second chance at driving with a failed drug test or refusal on DAC report after 5 years or should I just turn in my cdl's and get regular class c licenses to drive my car and go on to another career. Majority of people I talk to say keep them and keep my medical card current. But when I go to fill out an online application those questions are there about have you ever failed or refused a drug test and it does not specify the time frame. If anybody can clarify this for me and tell me some trucking companies to apply to email me at ajr3473@yahoo.com

This just happend to me they say after a period of time like a dui.you can get a job or the company stops reporting you what i dont understand is swift i work there too i faild a drug test and if i go to rehab what is the difference if i tell them i have a drug,alcohol,pills problem or if they catch me either way you have a problem. they wont hire you back even if you complete rehab if they catch you frist another reason why swift sucks.

31 months ago

shadowchaser in Franklin, Kentucky said: I was working for a very small company out west and came home after 7 weeks out for holidays, I smoked the day I got home. The next day they told me I would have to take a random, I actually passed the random, then I decided as long as I was home I would apply for a job that was closer to home the day after I applied they called me to take drug screen but I had left town for the holidays, so I took the test 1 week after I had passed the random, and didn't hear anything back. So I left back out for the company out west and turned my truck in and as I was driving the 1000 miles back home expecting to go to work for the company I had done the preemployment test with I was called by lab and told I failed the pre employment screening. Does that mean now since I was not working for that company and had already quit the other that it will prevent me from applying to another small company for cdl job? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated

This all depends agian on the companies you are aplying for and if they use dac. reports or there companies rules SOME WELL SOME WONT. good day CDL man.

31 months ago

shadowchaser in Franklin, Kentucky said: I was working for a very small company out west and came home after 7 weeks out for holidays, I smoked the day I got home. The next day they told me I would have to take a random, I actually passed the random, then I decided as long as I was home I would apply for a job that was closer to home the day after I applied they called me to take drug screen but I had left town for the holidays, so I took the test 1 week after I had passed the random, and didn't hear anything back. So I left back out for the company out west and turned my truck in and as I was driving the 1000 miles back home expecting to go to work for the company I had done the preemployment test with I was called by lab and told I failed the pre employment screening. Does that mean now since I was not working for that company and had already quit the other that it will prevent me from applying to another small company for cdl job? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
3 months old but i see somebody replied so I will too.You better hope that company u failed the drug test does not use dac.Many companies will not hire ever a driver that failed a drug test and can't say that I blame them.

pete 379 in Wheaton, Illinois

30 months ago

dos eny one know what the diffrece between a supivise conviction and a conviction means? i pulled my MVR for IL and sence i had my CDL at the time of my DUI it gos on there as a supervised convition i have been told by my lawer that if i did not have a CDL at the time it would not be on there. so im left scraching my head. and im told that on job apps that if asked if i have plead guilty to a misdumener i have to answer yes but that if it ask if i was convicted i say no i can get my CDL back in 19 days do i even bother?????? ive read every thing u guys have put up and i think im just guna look at a forklift and the inside of trailers for the next 3 to 5 years eny help under standing this would be a great help. keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down

Fist

30 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: It is not the first time a company has lied...if you are telling the truth, then it sounds like your company reported you for failing a random drug test, and reported it to dac and DOT. When it comes to dac, compaines are not really held accountable, they seem to have run of the mill, and I have seen no lawsuits of making false statements...I doubt you will find an attorney to help you either..
how will you prove that you say is true? This is how trucking compaines get away with this, it is simply their word against yours...since there is no real
proof, paperwork, then you are screwed like so many other fallen (former)
truck drivers...our govt does not seem to care about the abuse...
it does not matter to them that you are now not hireable (forever!)

You can get rehired it needs to clear off dac. Though threes yrs or longer maybe 7yrs you must take the SAP program though some companies say they have a 10yr check it may still show . What sucks is the companies dont except the SAP program that's for DOT and you. Like I could pull in to walmart and send a drug results once a week for 10 month or so What up with that is that clean enough ? Com on CB holder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

roadrunnerCA in Stockton, California

30 months ago

I was on seasonal layoff, subject to recall, I accepted an offered toke of MJ.
The next day (a friday) my dispatcher calls me and gives me advanced notice of a
ramdom drug the next Monday (a 'heads up' on a random is illegal).
I quit by mail, (I did not report in - no contact at all!)
I was NOT given official notice to report to test site and there was no refusal.

1 I don't know my status!
2 WOULD A GOVERNMENT AGENCY GIVE ME NOTICE OF A VIOLATION?
3 It be on DMV print out?

30 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am looking to get into truck driving. No DUI-- 1 arrest for possession of pot in 96-- can i get hired? The economy is bad here and there is nothing else.

Got 'less than ounce' in '80, got CDL in '96 and I have had several truck driving job!
A heads up, they can test you AT ANY TIME, days off, holidays, vactions, even layed off/subject to recall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

lapazleo said: Yeah right accidently ate them cookies.No such thing as medical marijuana.Quit making excuses.I've heard them all before.We don't need the likes of you in the trucking industry.Drug screening should be tighter not looser.We got enough problems in trucking with out potheads and dopers.

I had 5 month layoffs, yet they would call me in for work, but would get test notification instead. As long as I am not working, it should be none of their business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

pete 379 in Wheaton, Illinois said: dos eny one know what the diffrece between a supivise conviction and a conviction means? i pulled my MVR for IL and sence i had my CDL at the time of my DUI it gos on there as a supervised convition i have been told by my lawer that if i did not have a CDL at the time it would not be on there. so im left scraching my head. and im told that on job apps that if asked if i have plead guilty to a misdumener i have to answer yes but that if it ask if i was convicted i say no i can get my CDL back in 19 days do i even bother?????? ive read every thing u guys have put up and i think im just guna look at a forklift and the inside of trailers for the next 3 to 5 years eny help under standing this would be a great help. keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down

CDL plus DUI is a career killer - dead and buried.

30 months ago

pete 379 in Wheaton, Illinois said: dos eny one know what the diffrece between a supivise conviction and a conviction means? i pulled my MVR for IL and sence i had my CDL at the time of my DUI it gos on there as a supervised convition i have been told by my lawer that if i did not have a CDL at the time it would not be on there. so im left scraching my head. and im told that on job apps that if asked if i have plead guilty to a misdumener i have to answer yes but that if it ask if i was convicted i say no i can get my CDL back in 19 days do i even bother?????? ive read every thing u guys have put up and i think im just guna look at a forklift and the inside of trailers for the next 3 to 5 years eny help under standing this would be a great help. keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down

CDL plus DUI is a career killer - dead and buried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

rickyd007 in Victorville, California said: I HAVE ? I FAILED PRE EMPLOYMENT TEST NOW SOME OF THE OID COMPANIES I WAS GOING TO GO TO ARE STALL THERE THAY AII HAVE RAN MY DAC CAN I STALL TAKE THERE OFFER.NOW ON MY DAC THE COMPANIE I FAILED IS THERE BUT NOTHING ABOUT THE TEST WHAT ABOUT THAT JUST ASKING A ?

If that company is on the dac. There is a good chance that the fail is on there also. If it is per DOT you will have to talk with a SAP. Substance abuse professional. Maybe they did not report it, the company you failed with. Read the reason they gave for your seperation. Be careful.

German Hammer-Rhoid in Nashville, North Carolina

30 months ago

That was probably a CDL killer for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

German Hammer-Rhoid in Kinston, North Carolina

30 months ago

NCPete379 in Newton, North Carolina said: i failed a pre employment drug test for Tango, in Shreveport, LA..i dont do drugs, i just eat bread with sesame seeds in it..its part of my diet that my doctor told me to do..i am taking my SAP class, and i need to know if there is an OTR company that will give me a second chance..i live in North Carolina

Sesame seeds will hardly show up as "not passed" on any drug test. Maybe you are talking about poppy seeds (????)

30 months ago

Why do you pot smokers smoke after choosing this career?Do you think once you pass the test during orientation you're home free and will never get tested again?

kingmojo52 in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

Most trucking companies only go back five years. It appear that you are safe in that area. Some only go back three years. Good luck.

J Brooks in Livonia, Michigan

29 months ago

I JUST GOT MY RESULTS BACK FOR A DOT RANDOM DRUG TEST AND FAILED. IT WAS NOT WORTH LOSINMY JOB AND CAREER. IF YOU ARE DOING DRUGS PLEASE QUIT, I LOST MY FAMILY MESS MY LIFE UP. DONT BE STUPID LIKE ME QUIT NOW!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

German Hammer-Rhoid 2 in Angier, North Carolina

29 months ago

sticky in Dunn, North Carolina said: yea

hahahahaha.....nice answer ! ;)

German Hammer-Rhoid 2 in Angier, North Carolina

29 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Why do you pot smokers smoke after choosing this career?Do you think once you pass the test during orientation you're home free and will never get tested again?

Yeah, you are another one who is clean as a baby, never have done anything illegal, and know everything better than all of us combined. Let me tell you something.....you can snort, shoot, drink...cocaine, heroin, LSD, Meth, alcohol and so on, and that sh** is out of the system in 48 - 72 hours (you heard that right!), but if you smoke weed, which is grown by GOD, is good for your health (supresses asthma attacks, helps with the pain from radiation and chemo, is a natural antioxidant, speeds the healing of wounds...), is non-addictive, is a natural herbal medicine for MANY people, and so on, people are screwed because this is the ONLY HARMLESS drug that will stay in your system for up to 30 days. I think it's about time to start THC drug tests that only show the results for THC for the past 48 to 72 hours. So before all you "I'm so innocent" people open your mouth, maybe you should consider ALL the facts ! What that THC drug test is basically saying is...don't smoke weed because it stays in your body too long, but...you can take heroin, crack, cocaine, LSD, meth...because you only need about 3 days to clean up. That really makes sense...(????). No, it doesn't make sense - this crap is absolutely bull****! What I do in my own home, on my own time, as an adult, should be solely my problem. But hey...drink alcohol, it is so much better for you...yeah right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

gg47 in Humble, Texas

28 months ago

freed10 in Kingsport, Tennessee said: try carolina cargo

what is a SAP Program

German Hammer-Rhoid 2 in Tar Heel, North Carolina

28 months ago

gg47 in Humble, Texas said: what is a SAP Program

SAP= Substance Abuse Professional. This is a professional who has to give you drug counseling if you ever failed a drugtest or got a DUI/DWI. They have to be DOT certified. So if you ever get into this situation, make sure they are DOT certified, otherwise DOT will not accept your treatment!!!!!!

peterbilt boy in Largo, Florida

28 months ago

stop using drugs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Alcohol is the worst drug there is...I don't see people stop using that. Just because it is legal (alcohol should NOT be legal!!!) doesn't mean it is the better choice. If an adult wants to use drugs, it is his/her choice. As long as they don't use it and/or are still stoned while in the truck or at work, I could care the heck less. I say legalize them all and give tests that determine whether someone just recently (within the past 24 hours) took them or not. Believe me, there are much worse prescription meds out there, than any drug on the market. Next time, try a prescription heart medicine and see what it does to you. But hold on to something because you will be "swept" off your feet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

roadrunnerCA in Stockton, California said: CDL plus DUI is a career killer - dead and buried.

Not necessarily. I hate it when ppl only see the dark side of the moon. Dude, try it with an O/O and especially one that is older and would appreciate being home more often. You may have to drive for lower pay, but that's still better than no driving job at all. Look around in your neighborhood and see if you cannot find trucks sitting around in the yard. Knock on the doors and talk to the ppl. Be honest and sincere. Maybe drive out to the country side and look for log truck owners. Tell them you are for hire if they need a driver. Give 'em your business card. There are many routes you can take to get back into driving. The smaller trucking outfits are much more willing to hire you (and they are the better companies anyways).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

fist in Las Vegas, Nevada

27 months ago

dliski in Roscommon, Michigan said: I have been working for a small company now and enjoy it I have a five year plan and thats get enough loanes to get my own truck and trailer. I almost got a year of experience since failing for warner. I dont really have the desire to work for the big companies anymore but I will apply in 3 years when I am off the dack how can those companys known I failes if I am off the dack.

Your reference is the catch you tell them where you been after it comes off your dac. you need to get hired and builed new reference one chance to field theres to many years waiting for a new job and thats for companies that will hire you again it hurts failing a test all those years for nothing. Take care its hard be a party animal like me and get away with it time to low down down town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wannabeabigtruckdriver in Clyde, Texas

24 months ago

hey I just recently as in today was booted from ffex training academy for a dirty ua I don't have y codling or permit it literally just started I pissed Monday and they told me today I has to leave for failing drugtest for marijuana although I've been clean for fifty three days can I apply to a new school or is my chances at a career pretty much in the toilet? please help me I want nothing more then to drive truck I'm devastated

wannabeabigtruckdriver in Clyde, Texas

24 months ago

OK I so didn't spell worth a crap! ffe transportation driver training booted moday for a failed ua. the classes. started. Monday I pissed and tested positive. for marijuana. I don't even have my permit or cdl can I start a new school and try again or am I s.o.l

Robert Harelson PsyD,SAP

23 months ago

Your husband will need to see a substance abuse professional (SAP) and have an evaluation. I would recommend Sabrina Reid SAP she is located in Long Beach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

antoinebarnes929@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

dave hammond in Leesburg, Florida said: Sounds like you got lucy I have got a clean A cdl W Hazmat and Tanker-no over the road experence.I realy need to find a good company to work for

It would be great if the info is true of can please email it to me. Thanks a lot!

Herv in Greensboro, North Carolina

22 months ago

Mary English in Birmingham, Alabama said: I am currently looking for a job in trucking. Back in 2005 I was smoking Mary Jane and came up dirty with swift and my brother refused to test on a pre employment test for swift. I completed the SAP program and went to get help with my problem with weed. I've been clean now for 4 years. My question is can I get a second chance at driving with a failed drug test or refusal on DAC report after 5 years or should I just turn in my cdl 's and get regular class c licenses to drive my car and go on to another career. Majority of people I talk to say keep them and keep my medical card current. But when I go to fill out an online application those questions are there about have you ever failed or refused a drug test and it does not specify the time frame. If anybody can clarify this for me and tell me some trucking companies to apply to email me at ajr3473@yahoo.com

Yes, there are companies that will hire you with this being over 5 years old. Providing that you have been doing something productive with your time during that period.

If you have no way to verify how you spent your time during that period, it will present a challenge for you but you may still be able to find a trucking job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Herv in Greensboro, North Carolina

22 months ago

J Brooks in Livonia, Michigan said: I JUST GOT MY RESULTS BACK FOR A DOT RANDOM DRUG TEST AND FAILED. IT WAS NOT WORTH LOSINMY JOB AND CAREER. IF YOU ARE DOING DRUGS PLEASE QUIT, I LOST MY FAMILY MESS MY LIFE UP. DONT BE STUPID LIKE ME QUIT NOW!!

J, thanks for thinking enough about your peers to post this notice for them to heed. May things turn for the better for you.

T in Kingman, Arizona

22 months ago

floormanshine3 in South Point, Ohio said: I failed a random and am unclear about the laws in ohio concerning cdl 's. Can anyone fill me in, please?

You have to find a S.A.P.- take 8 hours mental health class stay with S.A.P. for yr in that yr you can try to get another job a company can not refuse to hirer you that is against the law if you have a S.A.P or you can sue them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lyfe in Atlanta, Georgia

21 months ago

Kingmojo52 in Mckinney, Texas said: All I can say about this issue is that I think it is unfair. I understand the companies side to a point, but where do they get off making you and me feel like because we made a mistake, that we are no good for the rest of our lives.
President Bush did cocaine, but was allowed to ruin this country for eight years. President Clinton smoked pot, but he did not inhale, right. But truck drivers are penalized for the rest of our lives. That is B.S. and we need to do something about this on going B.S. situation. I am sure that most of us are telling the truth about our situations, soe aren't. But we are being treated as liars. You did it so you must do it all the time. That is the way we are being treated. I did it at my class reunion after party, but not since. So am I a pot head? Am I abusing pot? No. No. I will not give D>O>T any more of my money. I say F^^k trucking.
I failed a pre employment drug test in orientation. some companies have approved me and only one has denied me and some kind of way was able to find it.
it was not on my psp nor dac...It has been a wake up call and I am tired of being treated like a second class citizen with my cdl...throwing my towel in...but I have realize that u may be able to get a local job, they normally dont pull dac and psp

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.