Failed a physical/drug test before i started trucking school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

csurain90 in Lombard, Illinois

24 months ago

Hello everybody. So i was supposed to start class at a local trucking school at the end of august. I took a physical and drug test and failed the drug test for marijuana. I do not have my CDL yet, and i was told by the school that i would have to wait a little while longer to go to the school because i will have to take another drug test. I stopped smoking about 2 months ago, and stopped seeing the people that influenced me in that way. I know this will haunt me for the rest of my career, but i am wondering if it will haunt me a little bit less because of the fact that i do not have a CDL, permit, nor have i attended school or been hired yet. I will continue to stay clean for the rest of my life, along with going to school and going for my CDL regardless of how bleak it looks. Will i still have the big red flag on my DAC? Will i have to attend a SAP? Is it worth it to go to school and look for a job with a red flag? If it helps, i live in Illinois.

Also, please keep your "marijuana is bad, you screwed up" comments to yourself, as i already know this and do not need to hear it from you. Thank you for your comments in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.