Failed random drug test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

zx1199 in Spring Hill, Florida

41 months ago

Can anyone out there tell me whats going on? Almost two years ago I failed a random drug test, A stupid mistake on my part. I've been driving since 2005, with only two companies. My last job that I tested positive for, fired me of course, and they gave me the info for the sap program. At the same time I was looking to get out of driving anyway, So I never went to the course. I was looking for something else. So for the past two years I've been doing non driving jobs. Well anyway I've got an opportunity to get a job doing electrical lineman work but I still need to have a class b, (a requirement for the job) So I decided to pull my mvr and dac. There is nothing showing on either report about my positive drug test. I also never got a letter from d.o.t at the time about the situation. The dac report says no employment history and that there is no drug information on file. Could it be that they never filed it or it's some kind of clerical error? and there is no info about my first driving job at all. The only thing it shows is that my last job (the one I got fired at) has pulled my dac report a few times, and once almost a year after they fired me. Now why would they pull my report almost a year after they fired me? Any Ideas ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

41 months ago

Good question zx1199.How long ago did your last company fire you?It takes a good month before it shows up on your dac that's if your company reported you failed drug test to the DOT.I left my last company 12/2011 and there's still no record I worked there.Of course don't lie on your app but if that queston isn't asked about a falied drug test then don't give out any more information then u absolutely have to.I hope you learned your lesson.Anybody can give randoms always be prepared for it.You're smart for not going back to trk driving.Many if not most companies will not hire if you failed a drug test even just one time.That's as serious as abandonment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

zx1199 in Spring Hill, Florida

41 months ago

Hey Thanks for the reply patriciajnsn. It's been almost two years ago I got fired. All I would like to find out is that if it's not on my dac, does that mean dot doesn't know about it? I've got no desire to go back to driving anyway. But one job I might be able to get requires that you have a class b.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

zx1199 in Spring Hill, Florida said: Hey Thanks for the reply patriciajnsn. It's been almost two years ago I got fired. All I would like to find out is that if it's not on my dac, does that mean dot doesn't know about it? I've got no desire to go back to driving anyway. But one job I might be able to get requires that you have a class b.
Well if it's not on your DAC I would'nt put it down and if the employer ask about it just say you forgot to mention it.Maybe your company did'nt even report that failed drug test.My last company does'nt use dac.Sounds to me like the DOT does'nt know and I would'nt worry about it.They don't tell us anything.So the less they know about the drivers the better off we are.So u got fired 2 yrs ago,when was the last time you checked your dac?You get obtain a free dac report thru hire right or something like that.It takes 2 weeks but hey its free.-I would get one just to see and if its not on it then theres a good chance only you and your previous company knows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

zx1199 in Florida

41 months ago

I just Got my DAC a week ago. Also It shows on there who else has pulled my DAC and the company That fired me pulled my DAC almost a year after they let me go. Any Idea why they would pull it since I don't even work for them anymore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

coldsteel in Richmond, Virginia

41 months ago

Tested positive for Pot on a preemployment drug screen at a midwest company during Orientation. They reported it on my DAC I requested a copie of the failed test It Came back at 47ng below the D.O.T. cut off level. they gave me the oppertunity to seek SAPs counsuling I did and Completed all my required Counsuling by a D.O.T. certified counselor in Va One of only Five in the state passed numreous drug test during my 4 mos of counsuling and recieved my SAPs letter saying I had no Depnedincy on Pot Or Drugs Can I have this added to my DAC to show future Employers Ive Taken the porper steps to redeam Myself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

coldsteel in Richmond, Virginia said: Tested positive for Pot on a preemployment drug screen at a midwest company during Orientation. They reported it on my DAC I requested a copie of the failed test It Came back at 47ng below the D.O.T. cut off level. they gave me the oppertunity to seek SAPs counsuling I did and Completed all my required Counsuling by a D.O.T. certified counselor in Va One of only Five in the state passed numreous drug test during my 4 mos of counsuling and recieved my SAPs letter saying I had no Depnedincy on Pot Or Drugs Can I have this added to my DAC to show future Employers Ive Taken the porper steps to redeam Myself?

That's an excellent question.I would call SAP and ask them.I think it should go on your DAC,chances are greater someone will hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mrcoolv in Silver Spring, Maryland

8 months ago

About 2 years ago I failed a random dot drug screen. This was a non cdl job. I don't have a cdl but I'm scheduled to go to truck driving school to get my cdl. I ordered a copy of my dac and the failed test is showing up. Will that affect me if I wanted to apply for an OTR job with a trucking company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

twister in Houston, Texas

5 months ago

Can anyone give me a list of local companies that need drivers in Houston TX that don't check dac

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.