Finishing 11 Week Driving School But Have 1 Major Moving Violations And One Questionable Violation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Scooter in Macon, Georgia

61 months ago

I'm in my 6th week in driving school. Recently, I discovered that it won't be easy for me to find employment with a major company due to 2 major moving violations I've received. One violation was 16 over the limit and the other was 25 over the limit. The 25 over the limit violation happened well over a year ago. The 16 over violation happened a little over 3 years in March 2006. I received the 16 over violation I went to defense driving school. I was told this doesn't make a difference because the companies look solely at the tickets.

Here are my questions:

1)Should I stop calling the 16 over violation a major moving violation seeing as how it has passed the 3 year mark (April of 2009)?

2) If the 16 over violation is to be included is there any company out there that will hire me with 2 major violations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gordon in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Scooter in Macon, Georgia said: I'm in my 6th week in driving school. Recently, I discovered that it won't be easy for me to find employment with a major company due to 2 major moving violations I've received. One violation was 16 over the limit and the other was 25 over the limit. The 25 over the limit violation happened well over a year ago. The 16 over violation happened a little over 3 years in March 2006. I received the 16 over violation I went to defense driving school. I was told this doesn't make a difference because the companies look solely at the tickets.

Here are my questions:

1)Should I stop calling the 16 over violation a major moving violation seeing as how it has passed the 3 year mark (April of 2009)?

2) If the 16 over violation is to be included is there any company out there that will hire me with 2 major violations?

That will be difficult. I dealt with the same situation last year and actually still am. Was stupid in 2007 and got a 15 over and 18 over within 3 months of each other. Had a rough time getting a training company to hire me as most wouldn't accept those, not even crst. Luckily Prime inc. took me on but that was early 08. Now with the economy where it is companys are being selective with drivers and I bet they prolly wouldn't take you, esp with no experience. You probably won't have to list that one as most applications want to know and citations within 3 years. Problem is ive been reading that most companys will look at the previous 5 years, so they will prolly find out anyway. Sux man i know. 15 is the magic number when it comes to speeding. I'm prolly gonna have trouble too, I resigned from prime a couple months ago cuz freight rates are so bad right now i wasnt turning up much money anymore. You could try em but they are not a great company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.