Looking for fellow drivers help with my situation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

justanotherdriver in Americus, Kansas

35 months ago

I recently was working for CRST as a team driver. A month ago, I was involved in an accident in Texas on I10 in El Paso where someone cut someone off in front of me, and caused that driver to lock his brakes, and I in turn did so and slid about 50ft into his rear. I was only doing 40mph, so I had proper following distance + 1sec for brake lag. I didn't account for going down a small grade, and the 42k lbs of Almond extract we had in the rear (liquid surge). His truck received minimal damage (a bent bumper), our rig had the license plate holder cracked in half (2009 Volvo)and I was issued a citation. Failure to control speed. I also had been pulled over a month before in California for 60 in a 55. CRST is hated in California, and wasnt aware of that. About 2 weeks after the accident, we were brought in to our terminal to be sent home for our hometime, and my dispatcher called me and told me that I was being released by the Safety Dept. for the accident. Noone was injured, the cargo wasnt damaged, the only thing that was needed was 2 new bumpers. My question is, with the accident and speeding ticket, is there any company that will take a shot and hire me? The only driving xp I have is with CRST, and those 2 tickets are the only ones on my record? I and my family would appreciate any help, please email me at joshua_cs_brandt@yahoo.com or post on here, and thanks for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

33 months ago

justanotherdriver in Americus, Kansas said: I recently was working for CRST as a team driver. A month ago, I was involved in an accident in Texas on I10 in El Paso where someone cut someone off in front of me, and caused that driver to lock his brakes, and I in turn did so and slid about 50ft into his rear. I was only doing 40mph, so I had proper following distance + 1sec for brake lag. I didn't account for going down a small grade, and the 42k lbs of Almond extract we had in the rear (liquid surge). His truck received minimal damage (a bent bumper), our rig had the license plate holder cracked in half (2009 Volvo)and I was issued a citation. Failure to control speed. I also had been pulled over a month before in California for 60 in a 55. CRST is hated in California, and wasnt aware of that. About 2 weeks after the accident, we were brought in to our terminal to be sent home for our hometime, and my dispatcher called me and told me that I was being released by the Safety Dept. for the accident. Noone was injured, the cargo wasnt damaged, the only thing that was needed was 2 new bumpers. My question is, with the accident and speeding ticket, is there any company that will take a shot and hire me? The only driving xp I have is with CRST, and those 2 tickets are the only ones on my record? I and my family would appreciate any help, please email me at joshua_cs_brandt@yahoo.com or post on here, and thanks for any help.
This happened a month ago,I would say you're going to have trouble finding another driving job till those charges are much older.You was only going 5 miles over in Calif but considering they hate trks that's why you received that ticket.Any other state would'nt have even batted an eye for going 5 miles over.But the point is you was and it's now on your MVR.You sound like you're a good driver and accidents happen and many learn from them.This accident in ElPaso may have not been your fault but unfortunately companies don't see it that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jamieCRSTdriver in Palm Bay, Florida

19 months ago

justanotherdriver in Americus, Kansas said: I recently was working for CRST as a team driver . A month ago, I was involved in an accident in Texas on I10 in El Paso where someone cut someone off in front of me, and caused that driver to lock his brakes, and I in turn did so and slid about 50ft into his rear. I was only doing 40mph, so I had proper following distance + 1sec for brake lag. I didn't account for going down a small grade, and the 42k lbs of Almond extract we had in the rear (liquid surge). His truck received minimal damage (a bent bumper), our rig had the license plate holder cracked in half (2009 Volvo)and I was issued a citation. Failure to control speed. I also had been pulled over a month before in California for 60 in a 55. CRST is hated in California, and wasnt aware of that. About 2 weeks after the accident, we were brought in to our terminal to be sent home for our hometime, and my dispatcher called me and told me that I was being released by the Safety Dept. for the accident. Noone was injured, the cargo wasnt damaged, the only thing that was needed was 2 new bumpers. My question is, with the accident and speeding ticket, is there any company that will take a shot and hire me? The only driving xp I have is with CRST, and those 2 tickets are the only ones on my record? I and my family would appreciate any help, please email me at joshua_cs_brandt@yahoo.com or post on here, and thanks for any help.
I'm gonna tell you about a company that might give you a chance . This company is just getting things going and they really dont need things on they're record . I'm not trying to lecture you but you gotta keep a safe distance . The company is Carolina Cargo . They seem to realize that everyone needs a chance to prove they're selves . I'm lucky I have not got a Cali ticket myself . Make sure to drive safe and good luck buddy .

jamieCRSTdriver in Palm Bay, Florida

19 months ago

Try Carolina Cargo . Be safe and good luck .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.