Pre-Hire

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Jeff in Rochester, New York

60 months ago

I am starting a CDL class in two weeks and need 2 pre-hire letters.
i have no idea where to get these. i have called all over - trucking companys and city work departments and i came up empty handed.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

everytruckjob in Northport, Alabama

60 months ago

Is this a training program? Most CDL schools don't need letters, but in truth this is doing you a favor.

Right now there are too many drivers and not enough empty trucks, freight is slow and many companies won't even talk to you unless you've had AT LEAST 1 year of driving experience - and it has to be current.

There's a lot of marketing material out there talking about the need for drivers, and at one time it was true - but with the recession people are buying less, less things are being made and less things need to be shipped.

If you looking to PAY for CDL training first take a look at this: csa2010.fmcsa.dot.gov/ - not only is it harder to drive now, it's going to get a lot harder in the future to stay driving a truck... if you're over weight, over worked of under trained that's all going to follow you - and all work against you.

IF your going to keep pushing forward on the driver training try looking into the docks for intermodal, a yard jocky job ( moving freight around inside the yard ) or school bus driving as a sub ( they might give you the letter you need ) ...

But remember, if you let your CDL lax for more then 6 months most trucking companies will want you to take a refresher course - which will mean money out of your pocket.

Paul Still
paul@everytruckjob.com
www.everytruckjob.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Rochester, New York

60 months ago

Okay, perhaps this is a bad idea then. even though it is something i really want to do, i don't think now is the right economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

auntlane37 in Starkville, Mississippi

47 months ago

Jeff in Rochester, New York said: I am starting a CDL class in two weeks and need 2 pre-hire letters.
i have no idea where to get these. i have called all over - trucking companys and city work departments and i came up empty handed.

I need onne of these letters i am going to collage to get my cdls

coty ward in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

45 months ago

Jeff in Rochester, New York said: I am starting a CDL class in two weeks and need 2 pre-hire letters.

if you have found a prehire letter let me know at neodivaloves6801@yahoo.com cause i need 1 before the 6th of dec or i have to wait another 6weeks before i can start classes

donell in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

41 months ago

I am starting a CDL class in two weeks and need 2 pre-hire letters.

i need help too

ED59 in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

donell in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I am starting a CDL class in two weeks and need 2 pre-hire letters.

i need help too

DSW, Werner, and Swift all give Pre-Hire Letters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ED59 in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

DSW, Swift, and Werner all give Pre-Hire Letters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

doward1 in Romeo, Michigan

38 months ago

amandadeatherage in Muskogee, Oklahoma

29 months ago

coty ward in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: if you have found a prehire letter let me know at neodivaloves6801@yahoo.com cause i need 1 before the 6th of dec or i have to wait another 6weeks before i can start classes

I also need a prehire letter to go to CDL school, Did you have any luck? please let me know

Spirit CDL in Rockford, Illinois

26 months ago

Andy Richards in Lithonia, Georgia

16 months ago

I'm starting CDL classes in the next 2 week and need 2 pre-hire letters
I'm currently going to a Truck Driving School in covington Georgia
I have a clean driving record and don't do drugs,but because of my back ground record no one would hire me, can someone please help so i may able to obtain my CDL, need to know what to do next
Please email: archoner2013@gmail.com

Spirit CDL in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

16 months ago

Arnold Transportation

Averitt Express

Builders Transport Corporation (BTC)

Covenant Transport

Crete Carrier

CRST International

Dot Foods Transportation

HO Wolding

KLLM Transport

Marvin Keller

Maverick Transportation

Roehl Transport

Schneider National

Sharkey Transport

Star Transport

Stevens Transport

Swift Transportation

TransAm Trucking

Transport America

TMC Transportation

US Xpress

Werner Enterprises

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.