Recent gruduate with 8 year old felony will anyone hire me?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ramon in Saginaw, Michigan

69 months ago

I just graduated and I have a felony. The felony was back in Feb,2000 for breaking and entering. I have tried Swift, Werner, Shnider, and no one will hire me. If there is any one that can give me a chance I am a great worker and a good guy. Also if there is any one that can give me some advice please leave your comments they will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (160) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

melissa in Somerset, Kentucky

67 months ago

Ramon in Saginaw, Michigan said: I just graduated and I have a felony. The felony was back in Feb,2000 for breaking and entering. I have tried Swift, Werner, Shnider, and no one will hire me. If there is any one that can give me a chance I am a great worker and a good guy. Also if there is any one that can give me some advice please leave your comments they will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I actually feel for you because I have a really good friend who has a 12 year old felony and he just graduated truck driving school and he also has tried Werner and few others and they wont give him the time of day. I told him if tghey cold only "meet" him they would see him for who he is NOW and not for what's on his record...in the mean time, just keep your chin up and someone will soon be kind enough to give you a second chance. People make mistakes everyday...stay positive! God Bless ya!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ramon in Hemlock, Michigan

67 months ago

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Ramon in Hemlock, Michigan said: Thank you.

Your very welcome...You are still young and hey, if all else fails, see about some starting some kind of small business. That's ONE place you won't be judged! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fuzzy in Marietta, Georgia

67 months ago

Ramon in Saginaw, Michigan said: I just graduated and I have a felony. The felony was back in Feb,2000 for breaking and entering. I have tried Swift, Werner, Shnider, and no one will hire me. If there is any one that can give me a chance I am a great worker and a good guy. Also if there is any one that can give me some advice please leave your comments they will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

also, the reply about starting a business is right. check into the
prison system paying for the down payment and capital to get you
started as an owner operator.the workforce investment act(wia)
through your state unemployment office may also help you with being
bonded until you have enough experience to make it with the insurance companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Hey, that's wonderful advice! I hope this really helps "ramon" get some ideas! Thanks for your input! Good advice for my "friend" as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pj in Mcdonough, Georgia

67 months ago

Because America is so full of fear, they tend to shun anything or anybody who doesn't look or feel right. We have got to look past that past and give each other as chance. I am not a trucker but my son is. He only has 4 months experience and is making anywhere from 4 to 50 dollars a week driving for Swift. He is a team driver. No one can live off that. He can't find another driving job with a better company because of experience but at the salary he is working now he may as well quit but he says he will have to do a refresher if he is off the road for a period of time. It's a catch 22. The trucking industry stinks and should be a last resort for a job. You are young, go to college and get an education so you don't have to kiss the trucking industry's ass for your living. There are people who got out of prison and became lawyers and into other better paying professions. God will make a way. Try something else. Trucking is NOT WORTH IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

pj in Mcdonough, Georgia said: Because America is so full of fear, they tend to shun anything or anybody who doesn't look or feel right. We have got to look past that past and give each other as chance. I am not a trucker but my son is. He only has 4 months experience and is making anywhere from 4 to 50 dollars a week driving for Swift. He is a team driver. No one can live off that. He can't find another driving job with a better company because of experience but at the salary he is working now he may as well quit but he says he will have to do a refresher if he is off the road for a period of time. It's a catch 22. The trucking industry stinks and should be a last resort for a job. You are young, go to college and get an education so you don't have to kiss the trucking industry's ass for your living. There are people who got out of prison and became lawyers and into other better paying professions. God will make a way. Try something else. Trucking is NOT WORTH IT.

This is so true! I'm afraid my friend will get so depressed if he went to school and paid all that money and now cannot get a job driving! I keep encouraging him that something will come up but who knows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maruchan in Oakdale, California

67 months ago

I dont want to say this but u guys are so wrong about the trucking industry
Iam a truck driver and drive for swif as a solo driver i dont belive that ur son is making
4 to 50 dll a week bcs on my real bad weeks i make around 300 and my good weeks could go for a lil over 1000 so i would recomend ur son to talk to his D M and ask for more freight its all obout ur communication with ur manager. Ohh did i mention that i graduated last february and iam 22 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Hi! I think that is wonderful! (maruchan) And i also agree about the 4 - $50 pay. Heck, if that's all I made as a driver i'd dang sure be looking for another company to work for! LOL But I also have to agree with PJ about the "experience"...everywhere my friend has tried has to have at least one year experience...But I know there are others out there or how would ANYONE get that one year experience?
I don't have a problem at all with driving a truck. I have tons of friends who are truck drivers...my main concern was about the "felony" situation...i have a problem with places that won't dare look past this even if it's been 15 years. I think they should actually meet the person applying for the position before giving them the cold shoulder through a letter. My friend is a wonderful person who just happened to make a mistake 15 years ago when he was 23 years old. He did his time and even got some kind of "pardon" from the judge because of the "situation".
Would you happen to know anyone who would hire a person in his dilemma? My heart is broken for him. How can these guys get back on track in the "world" if no one will give them a chance? I'm just confused, that's all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramon in Hemlock, Michigan

67 months ago

melissa in Somerset, Kentucky said: Hi! I think that is wonderful! (maruchan) And i also agree about the 4 - $50 pay. Heck, if that's all I made as a driver i'd dang sure be looking for another company to work for! LOL But I also have to agree with PJ about the "experience"...everywhere my friend has tried has to have at least one year experience...But I know there are others out there or how would ANYONE get that one year experience?
I don't have a problem at all with driving a truck. I have tons of friends who are truck drivers...my main concern was about the "felony" situation...i have a problem with places that won't dare look past this even if it's been 15 years. I think they should actually meet the person applying for the position before giving them the cold shoulder through a letter. My friend is a wonderful person who just happened to make a mistake 15 years ago when he was 23 years old. He did his time and even got some kind of "pardon" from the judge because of the "situation".
Would you happen to know anyone who would hire a person in his dilemma? My heart is broken for him. How can these guys get back on track in the "world" if no one will give them a chance? I'm just confused, that's all.

Thats all I ask for. Is a chance for an interview. I know if some of these companies just met me they would see that I am a good guy. Most people I know dont even know I have a felony and when they find out they cant believe it. My dad is a driver and one of his friends told him to have me give him a call in march. He works with a gravel company. So hopefully it woks out. At least I can get some experience. Thanks everyone for commenting its been very helpfull.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pj in Mcdonough, Georgia

67 months ago

They only get about 2 loads per week which average about 2200 miles total. They can only take what DM gives them. They will take a load and usually get to their destination 12 - 24 horss ahead of schedule and may sit for 2 -3 days before another pre-plan. By then the week is gone and they only get paid for one load say 1200 miles.That 312.00 divided by 2= 156.00. Then deduct advances to be able to eat for the week they are out and then taxes and insurance and ususally its about 4-50 dollars. They do have to eat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Douglasville, Georgia

63 months ago

fuzzy in Marietta, Georgia said: also, the reply about starting a business is right. check into the
prison system paying for the down payment and capital to get you
started as an owner operator.the workforce investment act(wia)
through your state unemployment office may also help you with being
bonded until you have enough experience to make it with the insurance companies.

Hello Sir,
Google: Paschall Truck Lines (PTL) they will hire you! however do not get any traffic tickets and talk nice to your fleet manager and you will keep your job! Get tickets they will FIRE YOU AND SEND YOU HOME PACKING!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

brent in Kansas City, Missouri

63 months ago

pj in Mcdonough, Georgia said: Because America is so full of fear, they tend to shun anything or anybody who doesn't look or feel right. We have got to look past that past and give each other as chance. I am not a trucker but my son is. He only has 4 months experience and is making anywhere from 4 to 50 dollars a week driving for Swift. He is a team driver. No one can live off that. He can't find another driving job with a better company because of experience but at the salary he is working now he may as well quit but he says he will have to do a refresher if he is off the road for a period of time. It's a catch 22. The trucking industry stinks and should be a last resort for a job. You are young, go to college and get an education so you don't have to kiss the trucking industry's ass for your living. There are people who got out of prison and became lawyers and into other better paying professions. God will make a way. Try something else. Trucking is NOT WORTH IT.

You are so right!25 year driver...no accidents or tickets.....cant get a job because I went to too many orientations......Didnt know this wasnt a free country where you can quit a job if the owners lie about said job.......Should be a last resort now days...With all the paranoia and looking for reasons to shut out good people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

8433Chris in Odenton, Maryland

62 months ago

melissa in Somerset, Kentucky said: I actually feel for you because I have a really good friend who has a 12 year old felony and he just graduated truck driving school and he also has tried Werner and few others and they wont give him the time of day. I told him if tghey cold only "meet" him they would see him for who he is NOW and not for what's on his record...in the mean time, just keep your chin up and someone will soon be kind enough to give you a second chance. People make mistakes everyday...stay positive! God Bless ya!

Did your friend ever find a job? I'm just curious because I'm in the same boat with an 11 year old felony.

MSphere in BONIFAY, Florida

62 months ago

First off, Felony is very bad in the Trucking world and no big Co. will take the chance these days, So with that being said. Find a little Co. with decent Equipment, good reputation in paying the driver on time. Once on board stay at least one year with no traffic fines. If you want to move on then look before you leap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jason4473 in Rockland, Maine

62 months ago

I had the same problem with Swift,schneider and others. Prime DID hire me, My felony was cultivation distrubution of marijuana 16 yrs ago and i had two driving to enedanger charges that were about 5 yrs old at the time, i stopped using drugs in 2004 through programs and a halfway house. Prime is a good company but I had only two good weeks of pay out of 1yr over the road its hard to make money trucking now unless you become a cdl trainer.

Matt in Slidell, Louisiana

62 months ago

Hey, I don't know who hires Felons or not, but I have put together a list of companies that hire student drivers. You might be able to use it and find one that will hire you.

truck-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/05/trucking-companies-that-hire-students.html

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nunya

61 months ago

call a lawyer and get the record expunged. it's cheap and will hide the conviction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BD1213 in Panama City, Florida

61 months ago

I am a 21 year veteran of driving class 8 heavy trucks. I have a near perfect driving record. Does anyone know of any jobs in my area? I would prefer local.Southeast regional might also be considered. But not likely. Done the OTR deal for a while and was unimpressed by the way most employers treat you like an expendable number instead of a valued employee. Have Heavy Equipment Operator skills also, any type. My Profile is available for viewing. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dfwTeXaN in Fort Worth, Texas

61 months ago

Hey keep your head up. I was released from prison in 2006 & was working within 6 weeks for a trucking company in Chico,Tx hauling water from gas well production tanks. It pays better than most OTR jobs & your home every night. E-mail me if you would like more info. I would be more than happy to help you out. Lord bless you. My e-mail address is no1fieldplayer@yahoo.com

DownanOut in Suwanee, Georgia

61 months ago

I started driving about 16 years ago after getting out of jail with a felony never a problem again learned my lesson,drove for a
couple of big name companies never late went a whole year without missing work,but now none of this seems to matter as soon as I mention the F-word,how can these companies just blatantly deny people a job,I guess enough time will have gone by only after I'm dead and turned to dust for this to be forgotten,give me a break already,if I commited a crime again then all the doomsayers could say look another criminal going back to jail why didn't he just get a job and do right,funny the same people turning you down would be those people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nass Halim in MONTEREY, California

61 months ago

do you have any driving experence?

Nass Halim in MONTEREY, California

61 months ago

sorry I didn't reat the part regarding you worked for 16 years driving.

what's your number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in De Graff, Ohio

58 months ago

It's not a good company and what ever you do, DO NOT LEASE A TRUCK! Try CR England. They used to hire any one that was able to breath. If you can get in as a company driver for a year or so you should be able to begin finding other companies. Good luck to ya.

Jeffrey Grady in Rock Isalnd, Illinois

58 months ago

I can tell anyone listening...If You have a felony that involves Drugs or Violence/Armed robbery, ect...You stand a better chance of being elected to the presidency of the US than you do of getting on with a reputable Trucking Co.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey Grady in Rock Isalnd, Illinois

58 months ago

No...CR England will not hire felons, I was just turned down by them and my Case is 15yrs old! Did my time, paid my fines and got my right to vote and acquire a passport back, but get a job as a truck driver....No way in hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You are correct. Most of these trucking companies want to hire truck driving school graduates that couldn't adjust brakes if their life depended on it. They want to hire disposable punks they can railroad into being screwed out of their money on a weekly basis because they don't know any better! Here in Florida they charge outrageous prices for a "Truck Driving School" and let them tool around on a couple of Interstates like I-10 in unpopulated areas. Tada! you're a truck driver! MY ASS!! Then these companies like J.B. Hunt and Werner send them over mountain passes with black ice and kill innocent people! I have been driving for over 21 years now. I have NEVER had ONE single accident and 2 tickets in my entire life including personal vehicles and I can't find a job!! WHAT GIVES!!

bd1213

58 months ago

i was curious if you found a truck drivers job yet? my husband has a felony from 12 yrs ago and cant find a job. my email felicianpc@aol.com

58 months ago

bd1213 said: i was curious if you found a truck drivers job yet? my husband has a felony from 12 yrs ago and cant find a job. my email felicianpc@aol.com

Sorry, they just aren't any jobs right now anywhere. I really don't want to go over the road, but it looks like I have no choice. I put in a application for running heavy equipment today. Hope that works out. My felony was 15 years ago. Non-violent, No drug charges, No firearms. I bought a damn VCR that was stolen and resold it. "Dealing In Stolen Property" Because I wouldn't rat out who sold it to me. The Moron that stole it kept on stealing and is doing 30 years now. Should have ratted out that piece of crap and I might have a better life now!

shameal2003@yahoo.com in Hickory, North Carolina

57 months ago

I'm also looking for a trucking job with a drug conviction thats only 14 months old and wonder, will any company hire? But the instructor said most companies will hire a person 5-7 years after the end of the sentence or some construction company or a small trucking. So I should you call some local trucking companies because thats what I did. I hope this helps, it took me a long time to figure this out, also the 9/11 crisis made the trucking industry crack down on the industry.

Feloniuos Truth in Spring, Texas

46 months ago

Most of the larger companies travel or make some deliveries into Canada. The reason they don't and won't hire people with felonies is because of that. If you have a felony and it is found out at the border crossing you can't go into Canada, so, the load won't get delivered or at least is delayed while another driver comes and trades loads with you.
If you have a felony and do make it into Canada and you get stopped for any reason, and a check is done that turns up your felony, YOU GO TO JAIL. In Canada. So, companies who travel or make deliveries there don't hire drivers with felonies.
Do you really want to do jail time in a foreign country ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

419 in Anniston, Alabama

38 months ago

i got a drug felony that's 8yrs old, im trying to get a trucking job to support my newly family! i just want a second chance to do right. Im happily married now with 2 kids. is their any driving jobs out their for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BILLY in Mechanicsville, Virginia

37 months ago

melissa in Somerset, Kentucky said: This is so true! I'm afraid my friend will get so depressed if he went to school and paid all that money and now cannot get a job driving! I keep encouraging him that something will come up but who knows.

One problem is that when you go to these CDL schools they tell you it doesnt matter about your FELONY even companies like Swift, Werner and some others list that if you have a Felony over 7 years old then it's okay but the truth is that is lie because even if your Felony is 15 or 20 years old they still tell you know even though their requirements state 7 years. Even when you ask other people around in the same business they tell you that a old old old record don't matter but it does. Some people had their previous jobs for over 7 or 8 years but got laid off and now can't find anything else because they have a record. I say that just keep trying and believing in yourself and praying because that's all you can do.

driver in Easton, Maryland

35 months ago

a have to drug charges that are non pross do you think that is preventing me from getting a job?

WHAMMY45@HOTMAIL.COM in Gulfport, Mississippi

32 months ago

I have been unemployed now for 5 months now because of company cutbacks.I held this job for 4 years with perfect attendance...never missed a day.I'm still seeking employment.During this time,I applied to the Gulfport Police Department as a dispatcher,and subsequently,I was called in for an interview because they were impressed with my resume',my employment history and work ethics.when I arrived for the interview,I was advised to answer all questions thruthfully because I'm sure they run background checks.I was asked a question regarding a felony conviction,I answered Yes,I had 1 felony conviction about 30 years ago(I'm 52 years old).Eventhough I have a clean record since then,and eventhough I was told I would problably be the best dispatcher they ever had,I was told that I can't work for the police.I asked,what if I wanted t become a uniformed officer on the force,I as advised that I could work for the city in any capacity except the police.I thought our judicial system was designed to help people to become productive citizens,but how can this happen if your past follows you around wrecking your life even after 30 years.The job has never been filled.

FatMan in Columbus, Georgia

32 months ago

I'll be as tactfull as I can possibly be in this report...if you don't know all of the details you should'nt be so quick to run with what is communicated to you be that it is your son or otherwise. An opinion as you should know is in very much comparison to the human part of the body that is known as an "anus" in otherwords its something that we are all entitled to because without it...HELLO! Don't criticize the trucking industry just because your son is obviously in the wrong profession or either he will not develope an oriented mentality of a truck driver. If it was'nt for the trucking industry a lot of the comforts that you have at your immediate disposal would not be possible even down to wiping your anus after using the bathroom...HELLO! Back to opinion of the matter...my dad was a trucker for 30+years accident free and during his journey he introduced a nice lifestyle to a considerable amount of people who will never forget about him because of that. A lawyer/toilet paper...HELLO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hatedone in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

I have been trying to get into a training course for my CDL. I have a felony from 7 years ago exactly. No one will give me a chance to train. I have been out of work really since i got laid off 3 years ago. I have had jobs since then but they haven't worked out for me too well. I am looking for a career path that will allow me some breathing room. So I figure truck driving is the way to go. I have friends who have been driving for quite some time and making good money. I really dont understand why these companies are so afraid to hire a felon. It seems to me that most people dont want to do OTR driving. I want to do OTR and I cant get in the door cause i made a mistake in the past. And to the person who said you need to earn your second chance, that is nonsense, people need to wake up. I dont have anything to prove to anyone but myself. Everyone isnt born with a silver spoon in their mouth with loving parents. sometimes the only way to learn is through the failure. And you shouldnt have to pay for something (you already paid for) for the rest of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

michael moss in andalusia, Alabama

31 months ago

hatedone in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have been trying to get into a training course for my CDL. I have a felony from 7 years ago exactly. No one will give me a chance to train. I have been out of work really since i got laid off 3 years ago. I have had jobs since then but they haven't worked out for me too well. I am looking for a career path that will allow me some breathing room. So I figure truck driving is the way to go. I have friends who have been driving for quite some time and making good money. I really dont understand why these companies are so afraid to hire a felon. It seems to me that most people dont want to do OTR driving. I want to do OTR and I cant get in the door cause i made a mistake in the past. And to the person who said you need to earn your second chance, that is nonsense, people need to wake up. I dont have anything to prove to anyone but myself. Everyone isnt born with a silver spoon in their mouth with loving parents. sometimes the only way to learn is through the failure. And you shouldnt have to pay for something (you already paid for) for the rest of your life.

I HAVE TO TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TO KEEP PAYING FOR OUR MISTAKES AFTER WE PAID THEM. I HAVE 3 FELONIES STARTING WHEN I WAS 17 UNTIL I WAS 30. I THANK GOD HE PUT A STOPPING POINT TO IT. SEE ME DOING 18 MONTHS ON A 5 SPLIT 3 GAVE ME A CHANCE TO THINK ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS AND IT MADE ME A BETTER PERSON. NOW I GET DEPRESSED ABOUT THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT ME FOR MY PAST, BUT I NEVER HAVE HAD PROBLEMS GETTING A JOB. UNTIL ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHEN I MOVED TO A TOWN WITH NOTHING. I TOOK A JOB WITH A TEMP SERVICE AND WAS JUST LAID OFF THIS PAST FRIDAY. BUT I AM GOING TO TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL ON JANURARY 15 2012. I PLAN TO GET A JOB WITH SOMEONE. I KNOW IT WON'T BE EASY BUT I AM STRONG DRIVIN. I BET A GET ON THE INTERNET EVERYDAY LOOKING AT DIFFERENT JOBS. I TALK TO PEOPLE AT DIFFERENT COMPANIES. I WILL BE HIRED I HAVE FAITH.

tonyfanniel@ymail.com in Willingboro, New Jersey

28 months ago

I have a felony from back in 1991 and I'm about to enroll in a truck driving school. I already see how hard it is to secure a good job with some of the bigger companies. I'm hoping and praying that someone will give me a chance. I've already encountered my fair share of rejection from companies like Werner, Prime and CRST. Does anyone have any tips or leads? I'm trying like crazy to do right. To anyone that hasn't had success, God Bless! I wish you success!!!

moss4573 in Andalusia, Alabama

27 months ago

Don't give up. I have 3 felonies and got a truck driving job. You need to find a company that is small. I work for a company out of Alabama called Flat creek transportation. I know carolina cargo hires felons but don't pay worth a crap they take advanged of you having a felon.

pgarrett in Grapevine, Texas

27 months ago

Jeffrey Grady in Rock Isalnd, Illinois said: No...CR England will not hire felons, I was just turned down by them and my Case is 15yrs old! Did my time, paid my fines and got my right to vote and acquire a passport back, but get a job as a truck driver ....No way in hell!

I am a head hunter for truckers and C R England does hire you with a felony as long as it is 10 years old, so there are other things on your background or work history that is stopping you with getting on with them

trkdrvr in Paris, Tennessee

26 months ago

Maruchan in Oakdale, California said: I dont want to say this but u guys are so wrong about the trucking industry
Iam a truck driver and drive for swif as a solo driver i dont belive that ur son is making
4 to 50 dll a week bcs on my real bad weeks i make around 300 and my good weeks could go for a lil over 1000 so i would recomend ur son to talk to his D M and ask for more freight its all obout ur communication with ur manager. Ohh did i mention that i graduated last february and iam 22 years old.

Im really trying to stay polite here.all i can say is that this guy's experience is,to say the least, unique. There are MANY sites online with hundreds of testimonials from truckers whom have had the bad fortune of working for swift. (Truckersreport.com and truckersforum.net being just two of them)

I STRONGLY advice anyone to check out this sites before applying for a job with any trucking outfit. Especially Swift. Like I said, at best this guy's experience is unique, and worst he is just being truthful.

26 months ago

trkdrvr in Paris, Tennessee said: Im really trying to stay polite here.all i can say is that this guy's experience is,to say the least, unique. There are MANY sites online with hundreds of testimonials from truckers whom have had the bad fortune of working for swift. (Truckersreport.com and truckersforum.net being just two of them)

I STRONGLY advice anyone to check out this sites before applying for a job with any trucking outfit. Especially Swift. Like I said, at best this guy's experience is unique, and worst he is just being truthful.

meant to say untruthful, sorry

26 months ago

FatMan in Columbus, Georgia said: I'll be as tactfull as I can possibly be in this report...if you don't know all of the details you should'nt be so quick to run with what is communicated to you be that it is your son or otherwise. An opinion as you should know is in very much comparison to the human part of the body that is known as an "anus" in otherwords its something that we are all entitled to because without it...HELLO! Don't criticize the trucking industry just because your son is obviously in the wrong profession or either he will not develope an oriented mentality of a truck driver. If it was'nt for the trucking industry a lot of the comforts that you have at your immediate disposal would not be possible even down to wiping your anus after using the bathroom...HELLO! Back to opinion of the matter...my dad was a trucker for 30+years accident free and during his journey he introduced a nice lifestyle to a considerable amount of people who will never forget about him because of that. A lawyer/toilet paper...HELLO!

Im sure your father is a great guy and props to him for a 30 yrs career . That said, the credit is all his and not the industry's. Also, the Industry is not at all today what it was 30 yrs. From one who knows, all my respect to your dad, but you should inform yourself before showing your 'ANUS" so freely.

mark in Osceola, Iowa

25 months ago

I had a fine realationship with the trucking industry, I made a very fine wage. I never had a problem with any company I worked for. Now this has all changed. I had one minor accident and a couple of tickets within the past two years. Now because of this I am unemployable in the business. All of those years of fine service is down the drain due to a couple of tickets. These were very minor tickets-no OWI's. I cannot even get an interview. This burns me becuse some conpanies will hire Russians or Bosnians with no driving experience at all, not even with a car. I just don't get it.....

D.K & J Logistics in Montgomery, Alabama

25 months ago

I'm looking for an OTR Flatbed driver. I would hire someone with a conviction.

Stick4511 in North Bergen, New Jersey

22 months ago

My name is Steve. I live in Northern NJ. Ive been in the trckng industry since 1988. Just upgraded license thru self paid trcking school. I have no verifiable exp drivin T/T,but have 20+ yrs doin strght jobs. I am a convicted felon(June 13,2008). I ordered my dac report myself n saw this on there. Graduated school Oct.8,2011. Been lookin for job to no success. The felony was a non work related offense(which was not specified on DAC),simple poss.,3rd degree,grade "F" felony. This has been comin back to bite me. But,yes,but,there r companies out there that r willing to give chances. Ive found 2 in Jersey City. But was turned down due to they wanted a min of 3-5 yrs verifiable exp. Theres more to write,which I would b willing to share if anyone shows any interest in what I wrote. Thx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TAYLOR in Monroe, Louisiana

18 months ago

williamlenard@msn.com in Bossier City, Louisiana said: I think they got us all brain washed and tit feed it doesn,t make a difference. we all pay for what we done one way or another but to be made to suffer for it the rest of your life is based on the coruption in the judicial system let face it the jails are full of kids and dumby that aren,t responsible for there on action let alone responsible for what goes on in this country. This country has the best security technogoly the world has ever seen and if they wanted to stop the harrasment of american,s over the drug,s alchol&crime in america they could . But they all making to much money off of keep it screwed up right. so I say don,t give up stand up and fight. united we stand divided we fall,to blindly follow orders and never question authority makes us all fools........

THATS REAL TALK RIGHT THERE MAN...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Advanced Transport in Gainesville, Florida

16 months ago

We realize that some of these forum postings are rather old, but we wanted to share our information for any Owner/Operators or non-driving truck owners looking to increase their bottom line. We know it’s hard out there for single owner/operators and small carriers and we want to help. We are a small asset-based carrier as well and we know how challenging it can be to secure good-paying loads and flexible home time. With us you are more than just a truck number or billing code! We’d love to share more about our current programs including our lease programs for those with their own equipment, as well as drivers looking to own their own equipment. We also have brokerage and dispatch services for drivers with their own authority. We can help keep you loaded year-round and/or provide you with loads to supplement your current lanes. We currently have opportunities for dry van, refrigerated and flatbed carriers. For more information, please send an E-mail to: mytruckdispatch@att.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.