Team - Owner Operator with a Family - ALL comments welcome good or bad!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

april in Tampa, Florida

12 months ago

Sophie Russell in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: We own our own company in the restaurant industry. We are considering going into truck driving as a team owner operator with 2 children that are 8 year old. Any families on the road now, please send any comments!!! Are children welcome on the road?

No no no. First of all trucking is a brutal life. You gotta love what you. Its no life for a child of any age. Kids get to ride a few weeks in summer sure but to live in on a dif story. What about whenout of hours with no bathroom or dinner? Snowed in somewhere for days . we get paid by the mile not the hour. We work 70 plus hours a week 14 plus hours a day. Honestly when we stop we wanna shower eat and sleep. We want quiet n rest. Not screaming messy kids everywhere. Furthermore alot of such as myself think its child abuse. If i see a child Living in a truck ill call the cops and local dhs for child endangerment. Im not the only one. Might keep that in mind

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

Marie

3 months ago

Living on the road is one thing. But a ride should be OK. This person just seems to HATE KIDS. THIS ADVICE IS FROM A IGNORANT PERSON. I will be taking my son and we will ride with my fiancee for about a weeK, it should be okay when we stop but living on the road of course is a no no With kids. Nut a trip should be okay. I know kids could be annoying and get tired of the ride and maybe me to but a week out of summer vacation to spend with his dad shouldn't upset anyone especially if you are a loving family. No one should ever live on road with kids I am quite sure you didn't mean live on road. Bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie

3 months ago

Not nut, but darn phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

maral eitzen in Watertown, South Dakota

2 months ago

MTE Transportation has several immediate openings for team owner-operators who are tired of not being paid what they are worth!!.

You provide:

2000 or newer tractor and a trailer. WE need dry vans, flatbeds stepds and reefers.

2 drivers with class a cdl, and 1 year driving experience with clean driving record.

Be ready to work immediately

We provide at no charge back to o.o:

Insurance including cargo,liability,physical damage and bobtail

Plates reimbursed

2290 reimbursed

IFTA

Prepass

tolls paid

up to 850 per week rent for your equipment

We buy 100% of the fuel

.49 a mile split driver pay

6000+ miles per week every week.

Contact Maral 605 two three seven six one eight eight

mfirestone in Los Angeles, California

2 months ago

Did you ever go trucking with your family? I would really like to get in touch with you if you did or any other families that are living on the road with kids. Please let me know

Ajo in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

1 month ago

We will be going on the road with our kids. (People do it all the time) the co that is training us allows children. Carry snacks, tablets with internet, a 5 gallon bucket with pool noodle & trash bag inside for emergency toilet. It depends on the kids. Our kids want to travel. They'll be 10 & 8. DHS wont do a damn thing as long as the kids are taken care of. Ex: fed, bathed entertained etc. I am a licensed M.A. & MMR. This guys a schmuck. Its no different than taking the kids in an RV cross country..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FltruckerOTR in Alachua, Florida

1 month ago

Ajo in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: We will be going on the road with our kids. (People do it all the time) the co that is training us allows children . Carry snacks, tablets with internet, a 5 gallon bucket with pool noodle & trash bag inside for emergency toilet. It depends on the kids. Our kids want to travel. They'll be 10 & 8. DHS wont do a damn thing as long as the kids are taken care of. Ex: fed, bathed entertained etc. I am a licensed M.A. & MMR. This guys a schmuck. Its no different than taking the kids in an RV cross country..

I can't find any company that allows more than one person. Anyone know a co that excepts kids?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ajo in Iowa City, Iowa

1 month ago

FltruckerOTR in Alachua, Florida said: I can't find any company that allows more than one person. Anyone know a co that excepts kids?

CRST does

Ajo in Iowa City, Iowa

1 month ago

CRST does

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.