Team - Owner Operator with a Family - ALL comments welcome good or bad!

Comments (3)

april in Tampa, Florida

9 months ago

Sophie Russell in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: We own our own company in the restaurant industry. We are considering going into truck driving as a team owner operator with 2 children that are 8 year old. Any families on the road now, please send any comments!!! Are children welcome on the road?

No no no. First of all trucking is a brutal life. You gotta love what you. Its no life for a child of any age. Kids get to ride a few weeks in summer sure but to live in on a dif story. What about whenout of hours with no bathroom or dinner? Snowed in somewhere for days . we get paid by the mile not the hour. We work 70 plus hours a week 14 plus hours a day. Honestly when we stop we wanna shower eat and sleep. We want quiet n rest. Not screaming messy kids everywhere. Furthermore alot of such as myself think its child abuse. If i see a child Living in a truck ill call the cops and local dhs for child endangerment. Im not the only one. Might keep that in mind

Marie

18 days ago

Living on the road is one thing. But a ride should be OK. This person just seems to HATE KIDS. THIS ADVICE IS FROM A IGNORANT PERSON. I will be taking my son and we will ride with my fiancee for about a weeK, it should be okay when we stop but living on the road of course is a no no With kids. Nut a trip should be okay. I know kids could be annoying and get tired of the ride and maybe me to but a week out of summer vacation to spend with his dad shouldn't upset anyone especially if you are a loving family. No one should ever live on road with kids I am quite sure you didn't mean live on road. Bye.

Marie

18 days ago

Not nut, but darn phone.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.