Work over seas make big money

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 194)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

soheil rajabi in San Jose, California

99 months ago

i am 1 year experence and iam not happy with my job i need a find the new truck drivin job please help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (283) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

Jay Rollins in Montclair, California

99 months ago

Yeah, I'm interested in what's overseas!
Let us know who's the hotspot...
I'm tired of DAC and DOT and the BS they represent about otherwise good drivers.
Keep on truckin'!
J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (239) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

milton s in Austin, Texas

95 months ago

I am looking to go overseas and work.Most of the sites I am finding you have to pay for.Any imformation for me would be good at this point I am green.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (356) / No (83) Reply - Report abuse

yogi in West Chester, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

you wanna work over seas go to kbr and go to iraq and drive truck if you dont mind getting shot at or road side bombs or incomming then go there i drove there for a year its not bad but you got no life give it a try all i hear on the raido is how much you guys are men well go try it like i said i did it you take a turn at it. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (158) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Morris Blackmon in El Paso, Texas

93 months ago

Fuel is to high rates are to low.I have been trying to get over seas to drive for about 4 months,just dont know who to contcat and where to start.I prefer middle east.Kuwait D.o.t local police,sherift dept e.t.c. are all making revenue off trucking companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Old Timer in New Albany, Mississippi

89 months ago

d surratt in Bradenton, Florida said: i was not able to find out how to fill out a application even. can you help me do that.

KBR.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

truebill in Wilson, North Carolina

87 months ago

No have not heard anything; but please let me know how to sign up. I;m ready. ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shane kingman in Round Lake, Illinois

78 months ago

val in Greeley, Colorado said: not knowing any information about what type of truck you drive. I can give you some advice. No truck driving job is perfect, not even fantastic. The big companies are lowering drivers pay.Sometimes the best bet is a small local company. I know that in Pa. you can get a delivery job directly with McDonalds and make fantastic money. But, you have to physically work hard unloading at each McD's. Nestle chocolate in Illinois was just hiring and paying well. I can tell you not to go to the "big boys" JB hunt, Knight (they will screw you) Swift, werner etc. they are "starter" companies. Most good jobs are not in the magazines or the paper. You might want to go to a headhunter, or one of those places where you pay to get a job. The fee usually comes out at a small amount per check. Those jobs don't pay to bad and most are home daily. The more experience you have the better opportunites you get.

i knew a guy who was hauling cars to california and back to dealerships makin a good or what seemed to be a great buck does anybody have experiance in that field of trucking the truck he drove was his own

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

capuanomanagementinc in Friendswood, Texas

77 months ago

Greg in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania said: I freind of mine is going to Kuwait to drive semi truck for
a large construction firm.
He will NOT pull fuel trucks to Bagdad in Iraq.
He will be involved with construction projects throughout Kuwait.
Pay is $300,000 a year tax free!
Must sign a two-year contract.
Anyone else hear bout this??

Sorry to tell you, but $300,000 is not tax free. Only the first $92,500 can have the EXPAT tax credit per year. You have to spend 330 days in a 360 day period overseas. You will have to pay tax on that amount if the tax year ends before you meet the 330 day period. After you reach the 330 day point, then you can file the tax return to have the mondy refunded.

If people are telling you that all the money is tax free overseas, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Nick Capuano
Capuano Management Inc.
[Contact information has been removed by a forum moderator]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

s[pilt1033 in Birmingham, United Kingdom

76 months ago

Living in UK, looking for job in Iraq/Afganistan? Anyone know a decent employer taking on at moment and how you go about it. Ex British Army, Already served in Bosnia and Kosovo, So know the risks already. Looking to earn good money (Isnt everyone)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

don in Marysville, Ohio

75 months ago

i'm trying to get info on going overseas driving.i have 15 years experiance.can somebody help me.i have no militarl background

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

74 months ago

Sure is it really that easy?? My experience is in accounting & finance. I cannot find anything and since I am blacklisted my this industry by recruiters spreading untrue info I cannot get a job. Should I just train for this then apply for a job overseas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Miquel Brown in Waldorf, Maryland

74 months ago

Would love to get some REAL information on Truck driving jobs overseas.. Have all endorsements. If you have a contact name/number. please provide and/or direct me to a site or whatever. Much respect - Thanks in advance. Email me on jtill5@comcast.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Big Daddy B in Waldorf, Maryland

74 months ago

Wow - This site is interesting what a way to network...10+ years driving truck, tanker, HazMat, TWIC card, Passport. Currently Owner/Operator however, contracts nor the money is like it use to be I went from 6 figures to 5. Eventually I will be going from contract to no contract. Please provide me information on Kuwait, would consider Iraq and Afghanistan. How can I get started... Family to support...HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Florida

73 months ago

I'm looking in KBR.com for truck driving jobs in Afghanistan...no such job or category...any clue on how to search for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Florida in Menlo, Georgia

73 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Hey guys Fluor has a half dozen driver jobs on there website for Afghanistan. CJ the reason you can't find anything in Afghanistan for KBR is that they lost the contract here. Fluor and Dyn-Corp now share the contract. KBR has a renewed contract for Iraq, I can't believe there isn't jobs posted for it because a bunch of the guys are failing their physical. Driving here in Afghan is a lot different than in Iraq, here you never leave the wire, although that may change in future.

Thanks! That explains a lot! Why are drivers failing physical exams? Controlled substance testing or strength/endurance tests? By the time I actually get an application, I will have all endorsements...what all is required? or am I facing the same brick wall with too little experience? Your information is more valuable than you know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

73 months ago

Fluor's physical is a little tougher then KBR's was. The biggest reason that guys are failing is their BMI (body mass index.) They also do a complete blood workup. To be a driver you really need to have hazmat and tanker, those guys haul a lot of fuel. I am not a driver so I really don't know what experience they are looking for, but I think they are looking for at least 2 years. If you have any equipment experience apply for the MHE (material handling equipment) jobs. The important thing is getting over here, if you can do that you can post for another job after 6 months. I have a friend that came over as a laborer, posted for a driver job and got it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Florida

73 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Fluor's physical is a little tougher then KBR's was. The biggest reason that guys are failing is their BMI (body mass index.) They also do a complete blood workup. To be a driver you really need to have hazmat and tanker, those guys haul a lot of fuel. I am not a driver so I really don't know what experience they are looking for, but I think they are looking for at least 2 years. If you have any equipment experience apply for the MHE (material handling equipment) jobs. The important thing is getting over here, if you can do that you can post for another job after 6 months. I have a friend that came over as a laborer, posted for a driver job and got it.

...I was terminated by large company the day I was to go solo for a totally made-up reason (tho because it was "at will" employer..reason not even needed). I have 6 weeks experience, a $7500 tuition bill for CDL school, and a DAC report with false information on it....going by the book has gotten me nowhere...I was hoping for OTR experience overseas - ANYWHERE - I am not fat, not out of shape, healthy, eat healthy, and can pass any substance test given me - planned or on-call....I need a job, I have a partner for Team Driving, and we are willing to purchase our own tractor if necessary...we just need to get that initial 6 months experience....please advise! I was looking at McDonalds...even that is local not OTR....Nestle would be OTR, but they hire out to large companies like Swift (I KNOW that one!)....Thank you again for all your advice and information!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

73 months ago

CJ in Florida said: ...I was terminated by large company the day I was to go solo for a totally made-up reason (tho because it was "at will" employer..reason not even needed). I have 6 weeks experience, a $7500 tuition bill for CDL school, and a DAC report with false information on it....going by the book has gotten me nowhere...I was hoping for OTR experience overseas - ANYWHERE - I am not fat, not out of shape, healthy, eat healthy, and can pass any substance test given me - planned or on-call....I need a job, I have a partner for Team Driving, and we are willing to purchase our own tractor if necessary...we just need to get that initial 6 months experience....please advise! I was looking at McDonalds...even that is local not OTR....Nestle would be OTR, but they hire out to large companies like Swift (I KNOW that one!)....Thank you again for all your advice and information!

Hate to ask you this but have you tried JB Hunt? Schneider? I hate to recommend either of these companies to anyone but seems they are pretty easy to get on with for new drivers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Florida in Menlo, Georgia

73 months ago

btw...Nestle in DeKalb, IL is no longer accepting new applications at this time (as of 11:20am today). Any other suggestions? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

evitta65 in Brentwood, California

73 months ago

I'm looking for small trucking company (car carrier) who can keep me busy. I have own truck and trialer for 7 cars. I will be happy if somebody help me find good company. I & my husband we are team and we work very hard. Now I drive for one company but Imostly seat then drive. I want to work. Thank you foryour help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

evitta65 in Brentwood, California

73 months ago

Capuano Management Inc in Friendswood, Texas said: Sorry to tell you, but $300,000 is not tax free. Only the first $92,500 can have the EXPAT tax credit per year. You have to spend 330 days in a 360 day period overseas. You will have to pay tax on that amount if the tax year ends before you meet the 330 day period. After you reach the 330 day point, then you can file the tax return to have the mondy refunded.

If people are telling you that all the money is tax free overseas, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Nick Capuano
Capuano Management Inc.
[Contact information has been removed by a forum moderator]

You right. You can make over there that money. It is not worth it risk your life for so poor money over there. They not pay like they pay couple years ago. Everybody needs money but I never go for buck risk my life. My life is the most important thing on the world for me. Think and try somthing else. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

snowman50 in Livingston, Texas

73 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Fluor's physical is a little tougher then KBR's was. The biggest reason that guys are failing is their BMI (body mass index.) They also do a complete blood workup. To be a driver you really need to have hazmat and tanker, those guys haul a lot of fuel. I am not a driver so I really don't know what experience they are looking for, but I think they are looking for at least 2 years. If you have any equipment experience apply for the MHE (material handling equipment) jobs. The important thing is getting over here, if you can do that you can post for another job after 6 months. I have a friend that came over as a laborer, posted for a driver job and got it.

Sorry to butt in, but I read your comment and was wondering if you or someone you know there with Fluor might know of a contact person I could email or contact. I worked for KBR as a Truck Driver hauling a tanker for 14 months. I want to go to work for Fluor driving a truck hauling fuel. I sent in my resume and applied for several openings, but haven't heard anything as of yet. I am presently driving a truck hauling hazmat and fuel here in the states, but it doesn't pay very much. I liked working overseas. I know it's dangerous, but driving over here in the states is just as dangerous. There are a lot of people on the roads that cut you off and have no idea what it takes to slow down or stop one of these trucks.

Thanks,
Snowman50 -efw1684@sbbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

snowman50 in Livingston, Texas said: Sorry to butt in, but I read your comment and was wondering if you or someone you know there with Fluor might know of a contact person I could email or contact. I worked for KBR as a Truck Driver hauling a tanker for 14 months. I want to go to work for Fluor driving a truck hauling fuel. I sent in my resume and applied for several openings, but haven't heard anything as of yet. I am presently driving a truck hauling hazmat and fuel here in the states, but it doesn't pay very much. I liked working overseas. I know it's dangerous, but driving over here in the states is just as dangerous. There are a lot of people on the roads that cut you off and have no idea what it takes to slow down or stop one of these trucks.

Thanks,
Snowman50 -efw1684@sbbcglobal.net

It sounds like you were an Iraq TTM driver. The trucking mission here in Afghanistan is very different than Iraq. The drivers here NEVER go outside the wire, so they are mainly driving around inside the sites hauling supplies and fuel. Because they don't go outside the wire, there is a lot less of them. As far as knowing someone, it doesn't work like that, the only way to get on is have a damn good resume and submit it through their website. KBR was awarded the CLS contract in Iraq which is the old TTM mission plus ice plant and postal. I know they still need drivers. The other one to keep checking is ITT, they are a sub for Fluor here in Afghanistan and have most of the MHE guys and quite a few drivers. You may want to have someone look at your resume, sometimes what we consider good, just doesn't cut it with computers making the initial choices. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

hard n tha paint in Apo

73 months ago

Pontiacman in Columbia, South Carolina said: I'm kind of interested in driving in Kuwait. I don't want anything to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. Anyone here who has done that or knows someone who did that with no lying truck driver b.s. attached, let me know. I have all endorsements except "S" (school bus). I don't plan on driving anyone's ugly, bad, dumb-a$$ kids around anyway. Back quiet.

Wow and thats proberly why you wont find a job over seas talking like that somebody drove your dumb,ugly butt around when you was a kids

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jerry cox in Apo

73 months ago

iam looking for oversea job i been in iraq 2 time 04/05 09/10 first time driving truck 2 time witch mrap help me fine a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

jerry cox in Apo said: iam looking for oversea job i been in iraq 2 time 04/05 09/10 first time driving truck 2 time witch mrap help me fine a job

WOW, can anybody make sense of anything past the first few words?

If you are waiting for someone to find you a job, you are going to unemployed a while. There is a lot of information posted on these forums that will help you find yourself a job, just read back through the history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Driver Wanted in Norfolk, Virginia

72 months ago

evitta65 in Brentwood, California said: I'm looking for small trucking company (car carrier) who can keep me busy. I have own truck and trialer for 7 cars. I will be happy if somebody help me find good company. I & my husband we are team and we work very hard. Now I drive for one company but Imostly seat then drive. I want to work. Thank you foryour help
We are living in Nashville TN

That would be a nice addition to the team, I could keep your trailer full and you can stay in the region that you're used to dealing with. Contact Moses Transportation out of Buffalo, NY and start picking up autos tomorrow, under our authority! akandil32@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Driver Wanted in Norfolk, Virginia

72 months ago

Looking for CDL Driver to start work ASAP! Auto transport interstate, no experience necessary. CDL should have clean record. MosesTransportation.com

Trucking1 in Columbia, South Carolina

72 months ago

Driver Wanted in Norfolk, Virginia said: Looking for CDL Driver to start work ASAP! Auto transport interstate, no experience necessary. CDL should have clean record. MosesTransportation.com

Where do you have to live to qualify for this position? What is the webisite to go to.

Roo1 in Dickinson, Texas

72 months ago

Pontiacman in Columbia, South Carolina said: I'm kind of interested in driving in Kuwait. I don't want anything to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. Anyone here who has done that or knows someone who did that with no lying truck driver b.s. attached, let me know. I have all endorsements except "S" (school bus). I don't plan on driving anyone's ugly, bad, dumb-a$$ kids around anyway. Back quiet.

I have driven a bus for 20 years, soon to retire from it. You might try it, it could be a huge lesson in humility. I am attending college as well and hope to have my degree to teach before I retire. Just can't get enough of those kids!

Why am I on this blog? My husband is busting his behind in Afghanistan(Fluor)for his kid who by the way rides my bus.

"Be careful of the words you say, to keep them soft & sweet.
You never know from day to day which ones wou'll have to eat."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cj in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

Hey if anyone is trying to go to KBR as a truck driver good luck. They have just laid off half of the drivers with TTM and I was one of the lucky bachelors. Right now you can check their website but that new contract put a lot of people out of business. Everyone best bet is to try Fluor are ITT and some of the other contractors in Afghanistan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kosta in ThessalonĂ­ki, Greece

71 months ago

Anyone working a s a truck driver for Dyncopr in Afganistan?I am wondering about salary???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gabe j in Fayetteville, North Carolina

71 months ago

I trying to get a job with dyncorp can any one tell me how to get my resume to be look at I have 21 + year driving tractor trailer and I work as loader driver now I driver a truck and I drive a fork lift also I load at chicken processing plant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Kamloops, British Columbia

71 months ago

Most of my experience it with super bee . I have also done some work with step decks, and am currently just doing temp work for a guy with a Dump truck, and am on E.I .Main runs I use to do where B.C and Alberta. I do not have a perfect abstract. There are a few speeding tickets , 2 undo cares (both explainable. and also a 24 hour(2 years ago) due to possession of marijuana in my truck. Yes i know it sounds bad. It was a bad time in my life .Something i am now past, and have removed my self from the negative things in my life. I am willing to pay for my own drug tests if need be . I just would like to get back into driving. If anyone is more then willing to help a guy out i would love to hear any feed back you have

71 months ago

Gabe j in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I trying to get a job with dyncorp can any one tell me how to get my resume to be look at I have 21 + year driving tractor trailer and I work as loader driver now I driver a truck and I drive a fork lift also I load at chicken processing plant.

There is no magic to getting your resume looked at besides making sure it is as good as it can be. You also need to apply with ITT and Fluor. Apply for each and every job you are remotely qualified to do. There is thousands of people applying for these jobs, so it can take time. If your resume doesn't stand out, pay someone to make it stand out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kosta in ThessalonĂ­ki, Greece

71 months ago

I have 4 years od driveing truck experience and they offered me that possition but sallary sucks better even not to writte how much they offer me l mean in greece l am earning even more!

plm55 in Sanford, Florida

71 months ago

I have been in Iraq for the past 3 years. Company downsized. Are there any other companies hiring drivers overseas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Get an EDUCATION

71 months ago

Trucking1 in Columbia, South Carolina said: Where do you have to live to qualify for this position? What is the webisite to go to.

Tard.

rick in Eufaula, Alabama

71 months ago

i am a cdl driver have been driving dump trucks and ref. trucks coast to coast for 12 years i have a good driving record would like to drive over sea;s my contact number info is rharbuck@eufaula.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sharky13 in Cape Canaveral, Florida

70 months ago

any suggestions on where to get help with getting tanker and hazmat skills third party testing in florida? thanks

70 months ago

C. Bronson in Huntersville, North Carolina said: I've been Driving Tractor Trailer for 15 years now,i worked mostly in the USA.but i would like to get a driving job in IRAQ,KUWAIT,or any where in the gulf states,being arabic and i speak the language i would be a perfect one for this job but yet i still can't get work overseas.In order to work oversease you need a pull rather connections to get in and with all honesty that is not fair at all. C.BRONSON-TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER From North Carolina,USA.

KBR.com, they have the LOGCAP IV transportation mission in Iraq.

C. Bronson in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

Hi, I worked for this Trtucking company for 5 years first time then i quit i went to work for another company but i left and went back to the old company and i worked there for 6 months till one day i was called to the Boss office and was told i was laid off,i did not ask why nor argue,instead i went right to the employment office, apperently the employment office received all the documents from the company because i started drawing checks after one week and up to this day. Now the problem is that the old company gives wrong statement by telling other companies that I apply for that i was discharged and not laid off.Now for God sake would I be able to collect an employment right a way if I was realy FIRED? after all the employment office has all the documents and they are at this point my best reference and evidence,but with all honesty that wrong references kind of set me back and some companies would not hire me,I was thinking a bout to get me a lawyer to fight this out law company.please let me know what you think. The un justly done Bronson.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bensin in Strand, South Africa

70 months ago

Kallie in Durban, South Africa said: Does anyone know which companies are hiring South African drivers? Please let me know.

Hi Kallie,

Send me an e-mail (bfbezuidenhout@yahoo.com).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

imranali139 in abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates

69 months ago

sir i need this job before i work in KBR iraq as a convoy driver in logcap 3 anaconda iraq
so if you have any chance for me please contact with me on this nimbers
+971-55-610 60 53
e-mail: imranali139@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

imranali139 in abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates

69 months ago

i want to job in afghanistan if you have any chance for me so please contact with me please
+971-55-610 60 53

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shuiayshuay in Copperas Cove, Texas

69 months ago

james beale in LEBANON, Indiana said: i need a job with trucking firm overseas,my last employer keeps bad mouthing me every time i apply for a new drivng job can anyone help me?

If that's true and you can prove it sue them for preventing you from obtaining gainful employmen

Steven in Plant City, Florida

69 months ago

Greg in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania said: I freind of mine is going to Kuwait to drive semi truck for
a large construction firm.
He will NOT pull fuel trucks to Bagdad in Iraq.
He will be involved with construction projects throughout Kuwait.
Pay is $300,000 a year tax free!
Must sign a two-year contract.
Anyone else hear bout this??

How did he get that job? I have been looking for work for 2 years over there and have nothing to show for it. I do have 6 months experience driving a truck now, but I really want to go over there and drive a truck. do you have any details that you can give me to get me hired on over there ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kennethdelio in las vegas, Nevada

69 months ago

sorry to tell you but there are no 300.000 dollars trucking jobs over there.krb in houston paying bad money i look into it.its 80.000 dollars to get take a shot to the head not me.

Steven in Plant City, Florida

69 months ago

I am not scared of being shot at. I want to drive a tuck overseas to take supplies to our troops and other people. I will not back down from anyone. I just wish someone would offer me a job over there. KBR isn't hiring anymore for drivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.