failed drug test for trucking company in 2004

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 96 of 96)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

stoney in South Pasadena, California

63 months ago

Ok Butch, I here ya. Hell I'm from Chicago and believe me when we (Family) move out here to California, boy you talk about a culture shock, I couldn't understand a word these people were saying. Bud (I thought they were talking about Beeerrr, they brought me a bag of weed(you know that green grass in a small bag). So don't feel along when others use slain words, we all have to decifer thing. HAVE FUN IN LIFE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Butch in the boro in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

63 months ago

Got ya' Stoney.
Chicago? I was there a couple of years ago.
Had to drop off a trailer at a depot & pick one up going to Michigan, next to Lake Erie I think it was.
Some sort of adult resort area. I do mean adult..lol
While in Michigan, this lady asked me did I want a pop?
I thought, no way! She didn't want to try & knock me out, surely not!
The lady gave me a cola. This was a pop...lol
Those ladies sure were really nice there in Michigan.
California? Last I heard from my son. He stated he lived some place o/s L.A.
He teaches some type of computer science technology.
He talked different also last time I saw him. At least terminology I wasn't quiet familar with but that was okay as long as he explained some of the wording.
Me being southern, it's just a little different slang.
Take are Stoney, you & the family there & the best of luck to ya'.

stoney in Pasadena, California

63 months ago

See Butch, there is life beyond Tenn.. It seem west coast, southern state (for sure), mid west, and east coast, they all have their own way of talking. However its the same english I guest. Have fun BIG GUY

stryker134 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

I have 10 years experience driving tractor trailers although I have been away from driving for about 10 years since.

My question is this.....I take prescription drugs prescribed to me by my doctor. I only take them as needed and wouldnt take them while driving , but they do tend to be detectable for several days after. What will happen when they show up on a random drug screen? Will I be ok as long as I can show that I have a valid script?
Thanks in advance.

stoney in Van Nuys, California

63 months ago

Driver, as long as you take the bottles of pills with you when you take a u.a., you will I said will be ok.

Butch in the boro in Spring Hill, Tennessee

63 months ago

Stryker134
As I read your article I can't tell if you are drivig now or just asking while looking for a job?
I'm not a physician nor the feds but "normally" it's ok for meds to show up in urine samples/tests as long as what shows up is prescribed by a "legal physician!"
That's one reason why they ask you for your phone number on the piss test!
So if something shows up they might just ask you do you have a prescription for that, whatever it is you are taking.
On the other hand if these meds you are taking causes a driving problem you might have a serious problem with "Johnny Law" if you get stopped or get involved in an accident.
I might suggest you first figure out if your meds will cause a driving problem. Ask your physician about that part.
You might look on the meds container & or paper that came with it & read that portion. It could say," Hey You, Don't Drive While You Take These!"
I for one don't want you out on the road all dopped up & get me hurt!
So Please check it out before you drive ... any vehicle!

63 months ago

Butch in the boro in Spring Hill, Tennessee said: Stryker134
As I read your article I can't tell if you are drivig now or just asking while looking for a job?
I'm not a physician nor the feds but "normally" it's ok for meds to show up in urine samples/tests as long as what shows up is prescribed by a "legal physician!"
So if something shows up they might just ask you do you have a prescription for that, whatever it is you are taking.
On the other hand if these meds you are taking causes a driving problem you might have a serious problem with "Johnny Law" if you get stopped or get involved in an accident.
I might suggest you first figure out if your meds will cause a driving problem. Ask your physician about that part.
You might look on the meds container & or paper that came with it & read that portion. It could say," Hey You, Don't Drive While You Take These!"
So Please check it out before you drive ... any vehicle![/QUOT

63 months ago

Nope, i dont take them while i drive. It is a low dose muscle relaxant that shows up as a benzo. Benzo's can stay in your system for up to 7 days after you take 1 pill....even tho you dont feel the effects of the drug after you wake up.
So, no , I am not on the road all doped up....
It was a simplequestion and a common problem for alot of people so I dont really appreciate being flamed for asking it!

63 months ago

Butch in the boro in Spring Hill, Tennessee said: Stryker134
So Please check it out before you drive ... any vehicle!

Also, if you actually read the post you would have seen that I dont or wouldnt take them while driving.......sheesh!

Butch in the boro in Shelbyville, Tennessee

63 months ago

I had no intentions of flaming ... Quote: "Flamed You".
I assume flamed meaning, per dictionary description as:

v (past and past participle flamed, present participle flam·ing, 3rd person present singular flames)
1. vi produce flame: to burn producing flame
2. vti send judgmental e-mail: to criticize somebody with offensive and disparaging e-mail
3. vi have fiery glow: to have or develop a fiery glow, especially suddenly
Her cheeks flamed as she spoke.
4. vt subject something to fire: to treat something with or subject something to flames

" 5.vi feel strong emotion: to display or feel intense emotion "

This being A forum, not email, #5 might fit.

[14th century. Via Anglo-Norman and French < Latin flamma "flame"]
On the other hand I looked up as you stated, "benzos" online through webmd.
Here is the definition as webmd states:

Results for: benzos
Benzodiazepines are a type of medication known as tranquilizers. Familiar names include Valium and...or others. Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Librium, roofies, tranks, downers, benzos, goofballs, Mexican,
WebMD Medical Reference from eMedicineHealth
Yes I read the post but I did not ask you what you are or were taking nor do I really give a chit!
My latter portion ... I was joking ... like a jest.

As I previously stated though:
"I might suggest you first figure out if your meds will cause a driving problem."
" Ask your physician about that part."

I believe this will be all I have to say on this subject!
End of story!
<00> ..--...-..---- <oo>

Hey Chicago ... I think I'll be driving your way
or
if I have to cross into Canada I'll go through Michigan.

I really hate it if I offended anyone or anyone felt intense emotionally.

I guess some folks just don't understand my humor!
Zoom Zoom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kurt in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

After reading this post I am so glad I got out of the truck in 2007. The reality is that if you have anything negative recorded ANYWHERE then you will have a very difficult time as a trucker or prospective new-hire. Especially if its drug or alcohol related.

Times have changed many laws and the way your "personal" history is stored. Nothing is confidential anymore. You don't need to worry about DAC because there are numerous other private entities out there that make a business out of knowing about your every move in life. No, its not paranoia just reality in a digital world.

When I was 17 years old I got picked up for a DUI. It was lessened to wreckless driving and I thought that was the end of that. I drove OTR for one of the big three for a couple of years off and on. Local jobs here and there then back to OTR. Eventually a background investigator for a big company found out about it. I denied it for years assuming it was a sealed juvenile offense. Wrong! I was in my mid 30's when that happened. I still got the job, but my past was revealed along with every other minor offense I've ever had over my lifetime. Nothing is a secret anymore.

I got a logbook violation in Arizona in 2003 and didn't find out it was a misdemeanor and available for all to see until 2007. Since then nobody will hire me except questionable outfits that always sound better than they really are.

Now companies are turning towards the TWIC card and that means a much more lengthy and thorough background investigation. You can thank terrorism for that. You'll never leave the USA again if you owe child support thats for sure. Your in a federal database that is updated by every state and that arrears will prevent you from being eligible to get a traditional passport book, passport card, or TWIC card. Your a prisoner of your country until you pay your arrears (Late child support). You may as well hang it up if you have anything drug or alcohol related recorded anywhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Butch in the boro in Smyrna, Tennessee

63 months ago

You are so right Kurt.
I subscribe to federal public information to be emailed to me.
I found out a few weeks ago while reading online something else.
There is a company, I think it read as stationed in Washington but has offices in other states, that keep track of any medications anyone takes for years.
It went on to say that insurance companies pay for this information so insurance company under writers can evaluate what people will have to pay for medical insurance.
I try not to use names because this information in forums are public & I wouldn't intentionally want to spread false information.

vito75248 in El Paso, Texas

59 months ago

I HAD A BAD U/A I COMPLETED THE SAP PROGRAM AND I NEED TO FIND SOME ONE TO HIRE ME I WAS A OWNER /OPERATOR STILL AM JUST WANT A JOB PLEASE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN I LIVE IN EL PASO TEXAS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curt in Jacksonville, Florida

58 months ago

vito75248 in El Paso, Texas said: I HAD A BAD U/A I COMPLETED THE SAP PROGRAM AND I NEED TO FIND SOME ONE TO HIRE ME I WAS A OWNER /OPERATOR STILL AM JUST WANT A JOB PLEASE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN I LIVE IN EL PASO TEXAS

Dude the SAP PROGRAM was a bad idea, next time if your dirty and you can't use clean urine just get mad at the testing facility say they violated your privacy rights I think you will find that the threat from a potential civil suit will make it all go away, I mean think about the name "SAP", it's like your some big dume SAP to get invioled in the first place, try a public record request to the testing agency 8 out of 10 times there is fundamental discrepancies.

Does fright haulers every get any smarter ?

Curt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curt in Jacksonville, Florida

58 months ago

Butch in the boro in Smyrna, Tennessee said: You are so right Kurt.
I subscribe to federal public information to be emailed to me.
I found out a few weeks ago while reading online something else.
There is a company, I think it read as stationed in Washington but has offices in other states, that keep track of any medications anyone takes for years.
It went on to say that insurance companies pay for this information so insurance company under writers can evaluate what people will have to pay for medical insurance.
I try not to use names because this information in forums are public & I wouldn't intentionally want to spread false information.

That is true about insurance companies they can find out ANYTHING the hell with HIPPA laws after all they run the big fleets.

vito75248 in El Paso, Texas

58 months ago

do u no anybody that would hire me withe a bad u a or some one that dont check dac?

robbie jay in Wichita, Kansas

56 months ago

its been about 2 years since i failed my first ua ever and never got a chance to drive found some companies that quit looking after four years and could pass any ua at any time now but im looking desprately for a job now! any ideas?

gladewateryellow in Booneville, Arkansas

53 months ago

SAA0375 said: My last company I drove for, Arrow lied and put a failed drug test on me. Why is it that trucking companys will hire someone with a felony and DWI but have a problem with a failed test. What you do at home shoule be your business as long as you don't take it on the road with you. Why do they bring up taking a S.A.P program if they won't deal with anybody that has failed a drug test? It doesn't make any sense. I'm willing to pay for the insurance and take a weekly drug test out of my own pocket in order to make a living.

I was charged with a dwi 14 months ago, and of course, I lost my cdl for a year. I am in the process of retesting now, but I know that I won't be able to find a driving job until my dwi is at least 3 to 5 years behind me. I feel this is unfair to me because I no longer use alcohol and am a 20+ year veteran of the trucking industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

gladewateryellow in Booneville, Arkansas said: I was charged with a dwi 14 months ago, and of course, I lost my cdl for a year. I am in the process of retesting now, but I know that I won't be able to find a driving job until my dwi is at least 3 to 5 years behind me. I feel this is unfair to me because I no longer use alcohol and am a 20+ year veteran of the trucking industry.

ahh, another person that thinks drugs and alcohol is unfair...when it comes
to driving any type of truck, it is not unfair, you played with the
devil's toys, and you lost..you are out of the game buddy...

Compaines say they look back 3-5 years..sure ok..if it is on your record,
and they can see it, you wont be hired...if you can get the record
expunged from your MVR, and DAC, you may have a future again...

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

But once the devil comes calling again, you will
be right back where you started again...

drugs/alcohol is a road to no-where...

dacfix in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

maria in Smithville, Tennessee said: my husband failed a drug test in 2004 for marijuana at a company he drove for. he has been driving for small companies ever since. now he is trying to work for big trucking companies, but he has been turned down because of the drug test he failed 4 years ago. what can he do about this showing up on his record. also, is it true that you DAC record isnt suppose to show test results after 3 years?

Yes and No. The positive drug test will show up on the Drug/Alcohol section for 3 years, HOWEVER, if the carrier reported a termination or company policy violation in conjunction with the positive test, this will stay on your DAC for 7 years.

dacfix in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

stryker134 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: I have 10 years experience driving tractor trailers although I have been away from driving for about 10 years since.

My question is this.....I take prescription drugs prescribed to me by my doctor. I only take them as needed and wouldnt take them while driving , but they do tend to be detectable for several days after. What will happen when they show up on a random drug screen? Will I be ok as long as I can show that I have a valid script?
Thanks in advance.

As long as you have a valid subscription from a certified doctor and you disclose that at the time of the test, you should be fine.

stoney in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

You can have things exsponged from your MVR and DOC records.. Really

53 months ago

Come on man, u mean to tell us you don't have/had any demon in your life.. I don't think so

Matt in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

This drug testing in this country is insane, especially when I consider the jobs they test you for. In other words, many of the jobs tested for drugs, it seems to me you would have to be high to even get up everyday to go do the job in the first place.
Most professional positions, that are the high paying jobs, like say PRESIDENT, you don't have to take drug tests. I wonder if any senator has ever taken a drug test.
Its B.S., and another billion dollar industry making alot of people rich.
The answer, use the synthetic urine (make sure its a reputible one).Heck I even saw a fake penis, yes thats right a fake penis to stick out incase they come in with you. Only problem was its only like
5 inches, I'm waiting for the one thats 16" to come out so it
is the same size as the one I have. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Hey Matt, HA HA HA... COME ON MAN, they have a penis that urine can come out?

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

52 months ago

Matt have u been watched while u were tested? Some people have said they were alone-- but one guy said he heard some testing sites watch you

oasicko1

51 months ago

Bonstance in Jacksonville, Florida said: There are ways around some of these type of issues.

i failed a test after 20 years driving and i dont use drugs but i still lost my job and have to do the sap deal before they will even look at me again

oasicko1

51 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: Matt have u been watched while u were tested? Some people have said they were alone-- but one guy said he heard some testing sites watch you

driving 20 years and never had anyone watch

Bob T in Broadview Heights, Ohio

51 months ago

oasicko1 said: i failed a test after 20 years driving and i dont use drugs but i still lost my job and have to do the sap deal before they will even look at me again

ty for response -- how did u fail?-- if you dont mind me asking

Bob T in Broadview Heights, Ohio

51 months ago

oh by the way i quit all drugs and alcohol and i dont have any dui-- i have a drug charge back in 94 that i am getting expunged-- so do u think i can get hired to drive

DIXIEGIRL in Brookhaven, Mississippi

49 months ago

SAA0375 said: My last company I drove for, Arrow lied and put a failed drug test on me. Why is it that trucking companys will hire someone with a felony and DWI but have a problem with a failed test. What you do at home shoule be your business as long as you don't take it on the road with you. Why do they bring up taking a S.A.P program if they won't deal with anybody that has failed a drug test? It doesn't make any sense. I'm willing to pay for the insurance and take a weekly drug test out of my own pocket in order to make a living.

I also have a failed drug test due to a false positive.I had 4 previous drug tests with Schneider,passed all of them with flying colors.I have never done drugs do that was no surprise.My 5th random was taken in LA. and then sent to a lab somewhere in Fl.I got the call a week later from the lab that I had failed.I told them then that something was not right.They blew me off.Later I got the call from my dispatcher that they were informed that I had failed.I told her then that there was no way a person could failed something they didn't do.I ask for a retest immediatly and was told I could not have one because it had been a week and I could have gone home and cleaned up.I don't know where they get their info from,but after checking it out,I now know they you can not clean up in a week for pot.So I told her that after 4 years with a good record with this company,if they wouldn't stand behind me and give me the chance to prove I didn't do this,that I quit.Later I got another call from higher up informing me that I was fired.I sent off and got a copy of my dac a month later and the failed drug test was not on there.It also stated that I that I had quit and was could be hired back with a reveiw.Then I got a letter from Schneider stating that I was terminated on Jan.18th due to failed drug test taken on Jan.12th.The letter was dated Jan.8th.Is it just me or does something not sound right about this.

txroyking in Jacksonville, Texas

48 months ago

I also failed a pre-employment piss test for swift in 2005. They told me wait 5 years an i could reapply; so i did but ilet out the part about me failing their first piss test. On my last day of orientation after passing the orientation right before getting our codes they took me to the fleet manager who told me i would never drive for swift and sent me home. I dont do any drugs anymore but have been denied at every trucking company i applied for. i have a cdl but am about to give up this stuff and go back school or get a couple jobs can anyone help. if you got any good leads email me at txroyking@gmail.com.

Stoney in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

You can go on craigslist. There are O/O who would love to have you run for them. And you don't have a qualcomm so you can stop, rest and have your log ok.

thecrazytrucker in El Cajon, California

48 months ago

Crazyrussian man, don't take this wrong but give me a second to see if what i am saying makes any sense.......

1st. read some of the problems that people are having on this page. Records of drug use even after clean. It's keeping them from getting good jobs and some from getting jobs at all.

2. Take into account those who are not clean but became addicts and the mess that has caused and is causing in their family's and their own lives.

3. Take into account some of the things we may do when under the influence.

Is all that risk really worth what is know as partying?

How long can you do this and at what point is a person supposed to be mature enough to have a different more positive way to spend leisure time and still have fun and enjoy life.

Especially if a person has goals, plans for the future which would include saving and making good money, having GOOD health and a happy family.

What are your plans for your future man.

That's all I am trying to get you think about. Some of the other guys here I hope will back me up on my advice to you to think about using this opportunity to make some changes like quitting instead of how to get by with continuing a habit that is only going to eventually catch up with you and cause you problems my brother. (financial, criminal, relationships, etc)

Please think about what I am saying to you.

Good luck
Thecrazytrucker

Scuba Steve in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Will a failed drug test show up on my der from 6 years eight months ago?

Scuba Steve in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Wiil a failed drug test show up on my DAC. It's been 6 years and 8 months

fishmansd in Tucson, Arizona

45 months ago

Besides ur DAC, if you answer no to weather or you ever had a pos or failed drug test, is there a way a co. can find out ur lying? When I called the DAC people, they told me it would be off ur record after 7 yrs., which for me would be in Nov.

Flipper911 in Moosup, Connecticut

42 months ago

james in Gaffney, South Carolina said: I am thinking of starting truck driving school soon and was wondering how speeding tickets( 10 or less miles over the limit) will affect my chances of employment when I am finished with school.

Most reputable companies will allow no more the 2 speeding tickets in 5 years ( If nothing else on MVR...accidents, etc ) and none can be more the 15 mph over the posted limit.

bnasty in Garland, Texas

40 months ago

p

JIBBS in Ozark, Missouri

37 months ago

Sheri O in Sacramento, California said: Here is some information for those that may not know. Once a year you are entitled to a free USIS report. If your wonder what that is, it's the company that sends out your information to possible employers. It gives information such as job history, past addresses , criminal history ect..... You can upload the form from www.usis.com . Just scroll down to "consumer" then look for the link. Once you get a copy of your record then you can see what others are seeing and see what it is you need to try to clean up or at least prepare for when filling out applications. Good luck

There is no "Consumer" section when you scroll down

credit101 in Anderson, South Carolina

34 months ago

afb3 in Houston, Texas said: i failed a drug test to and i can tell u after 4 years it does show on dac i also did alll the requirments and have been clean from drugs and alchol in 4 years and its a pain in the trucking industry

if you understand how computers work, it may help, after the 3 yrs. i'm not sure about this, but it's the way your credit report works after 7 years! what you have to do is contact dac or the credit buruea, and request that they refresh or update your file. i know with your credit report, anything with no activey for 7 yrs will drop off. fyi, if you have a debt thats 6 yrs old, it's best not to listen to your consious and go pay it, do, and it stays on your report as a late pay, or paid, charge-off for 7 more years. hopefully, update your dac, and the computer will drop it, too, after 3 years

gsoders in Fort Worth, Texas

34 months ago

Bonstance in Jacksonville, Florida said: Well, there are ways to take care of those issues. I offer a service that deals with those issues everyday! They can handle a lot of different issues, whether it be you or your spouse (if your spouse is a truck driver as well) or if it's just for the family. There are a lot of options. If you would like more information, I will direct you to my website for that.

Thanks!

Can I have your web address?

UniqueFlow

33 months ago

I failed a pre employment drug screen about 3 years, do anybody know of any companies that would take a chance with me?

Steve in Port Orange, Florida

31 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: But once the devil comes calling again, you will
be right back where you started again...

drugs/alcohol is a road to no-where...

Another religious zealot/idiot passing judgement on someone he doesn't even know.

The guy screwed up and said he's been clean for 20 months. Shut up already.

Darryl in Jonesboro, Georgia

30 months ago

Sheri in Sacramento, California said: I too failed a drug test when I was planning on going to Swift trucking school. I had quit a month earlier but it was still in my system. Now it's on my DAC record stating I was a driver that failed the pre-hire drug test. I am currently in another trucking school and still drug free. Am I going to be able to get a job??

What school are in.im trying to do the same failed a drug test back in 2008.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.