I had three accidents

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 94)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

"The Railsplitter" in Coronado, California

66 months ago

alias in Fort Washington, Maryland said: I had three accidents. My trailer struck a fire hydrant while turning out a drive way, my bumper struck a yellow marker pole while at the shipper, and my truck got stuck in the mud. The company fired me after the 3rd accident.

Does anyone know of a trucking company that will hire a driver with three accidents on file?

I've been told I would have to wait six months to a year before I would even be considered by most trucking companies.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

What you have are three incidents, not three accidents---there's a big difference. Some of these highway heroes act as if they've never scuffed a tire... Go to FLEETDIRECTORY.COM for a fairly comprehensive list of companies, many of which don't waste time with DAC/USIS. Check hiring area diagrams and ask them if they run a DAC report... if your MVR is clean, be sure to tell 'em so. I don't know if they hire in your area, but I recall Midwest Continental recruiters tellin' me outright that they didn't bother with a DAC---too much misinformation, 10?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

traveler in Lakeland, Florida

63 months ago

I drove for werner and have the same problem. Been trying for a year to get job and no luck yet. my mvr is clean. driving for werner was the first problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Strasburg, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

It seams like the days of giving a guy a seckond chance are over.
I had a Jack knife axident 2 years ago. almost exacktly, and im still paying for it. ben working Minimum wage B.S. jobs ever since because no one is willing to cut a guy some slack. My drivers licence is clean but i still get the sam old crap. "Sorry sir that axidend is a disqualifying offence"
If anyone knows of a company that might be willing to give a guy a breake please let me know. I'de realy aprecieate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

55 months ago

duane in Lexington, North Carolina said: i have 3 preventable incidents on my DAC...no biggie since i dont drive

.. the problem is, anyone can put anything on your DAC at anytime with little to no checks and balances to insure its accuracy

i earned one of the preventable incidents out right... the other 2 were what i called at the time, slave chains......

i could continue to drive for the company no problem however it locked me out of going anywhere else

i took photgraphs, made diagrams(the works) to insure accuracy... guess how many people would ever look at em? NIP NADA NONE

one of the questionables was an O/O who called schneider and said i hit his truck in a truck stop(i didnt know about it till i got a call on my cell phone and qual commed)...on his word only, i got a preventable....got the pics of his truck to show it was OLD damage but no one listened...oh well life as a slave wasnt for me

i was aschneider driver at one time keep the pics and fight it schneider will lie to save his own a$$$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Britches in Clearfield, Utah

55 months ago

i had a jack knife on 12-24-2007 was never ticketed and is not on my dac only is with my old company and i am getting unemplyment still but every place i apply i get a no and if i lie about it i get kick when my old job sends the fax any one know a good place that might hire me or do i have to wait till the 3 year mark and let it drop off plz e-mail me and let me know i have 5 years behind the wheel e-mail is britches_71@msn.com thx for the help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Billy Ray Vulgar in Hilliard, Ohio

52 months ago

Oh well, my luck just changed, driving in town 5 years no accidents. On road for two days and lady drives under my truck. he son in another car said was my fault. Now am unemployed 3 months. Tired of BS driving life, why would anyone want to go do this. Lonely, always gone, wife left, lost house due to not enough money. Driving is WORST JOB out there. Nice thing, I'm going back to school to do something else. Am 30 years old and have a 3.7 GPA in engineering field. SCREW DRIVING!!!

Don't fall for the trap, learn from OUR mistakes here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ZIGGYZ40 in Yukon, Oklahoma

51 months ago

My husband was fired today for rear ending someone. The officer never gave anyone a ticket he let everyone go. My husband called his company & they acted like he would get his truck back in a few days after his repair. This morning he calls to check status he was than informed that rear ending someone resulted in immediate dismissal. Can he get another OTR job with another company. He has been driving 5 years & only this accident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

iLife2008 in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Jim in Osseo, Minnesota said: DUI's, Refusal to take a breath test, hitting poles, hydrants, etc...
Not everyone is cut out to drive...maybe you guys need to face
reality...maybe people like us should not even be on the road...
and you think you deserve a 2nd chance? why? so the your next
accident can be to kill someone? My MVR is clean, my dac is
probally filled with junk more then 5+ years old, I never
was that good of driver, and never much held onto a job before
running into something, but am I eager to get back out, hell
no..you need to face reality that you are just not one of
those million mile perfect drivers, and never will be...all you
are doing is looking for to get back out there and cause more
accidents, then you will be where you started off, unemployeed...

find a new career path before you guys kill someone...

YOU UNFORGIVING, JUDGEMENTAL, HOLIER-THAN-THOU IDIOT! Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to make those statements! There are over 2,000,000 truckers on the road in the US alone, and not one of them is perfect as you suggest. These million mile drivers you talk about that go over 1,000,000 miles without an accident or violation? News flash, Einstein-they represent less than 0.0001% of those 2 million truckers! We all make mistakes in life, but that does'nt mean that we all are these dangerous and deadly menaces tear-assing down the highway desperately trying to take out as many other people as we can as you obviously think! Those type of drivers also represent a TINY fraction of a percent of the 2,000,000 decent, hardworking folks out there who may have made mistakes but also learned important lessons from it, paid their "debt to society" and deserve another chance to try to improve so that they can support their families. So activate brain prior to inserting foot into mouth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bigben2010 in Syracuse, New York

47 months ago

iLife2008 in Los Angeles, California said: YOU UNFORGIVING, JUDGEMENTAL, HOLIER-THAN-THOU IDIOT! Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to make those statements! There are over 2,000,000 truckers on the road in the US alone, and not one of them is perfect as you suggest. These million mile drivers you talk about that go over 1,000,000 miles without an accident or violation? News flash, Einstein-they represent less than 0.0001% of those 2 million truckers! We all make mistakes in life, but that does'nt mean that we all are these dangerous and deadly menaces tear-assing down the highway desperately trying to take out as many other people as we can as you obviously think! Those type of drivers also represent a TINY fraction of a percent of the 2,000,000 decent, hardworking folks out there who may have made mistakes but also learned important lessons from it, paid their "debt to society" and deserve another chance to try to improve so that they can support their families. So activate brain prior to inserting foot into mouth!
HELL YEAH PREACH ON BROTHA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bigben2010 in Syracuse, New York

47 months ago

HELL YEAH PREACH BROTHA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FedUPDriver in Arlington, Virginia

46 months ago

Can a previous employer tell a potential employer that I abandoned equipment when I have proof I didn't? The abandoned equipment is not on my DAC. Every potential employer that calls or sends a request for employment verification to the company I worked for tells them no they wouldnt rehire and that I abandoned their equipment which I didn't. What can I do about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

frank.trujillo59@yahoo.com in Littleton, Colorado

45 months ago

3 preventable accidents/no tickets need trucking company willing to hire.11 months OTR exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Largo, Florida

37 months ago

well i hope i can get some help from somebody here ... i m a student driver i just got graduated from a school couple of month ago , i got hired as everybody else with a company i went to the orientation and i started my training ,, so while my training my recruiter called me and he said that i lied in my application, i put i resigned from my previous jobs which is true but the former employer told them that he fired me ... they didn't wanna hear me and they fired me for that so now nobody wanna hire me coz of that and since i got no experience over the road i cant apply for all the companies .... anyone have any advice for what should i do ? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fanagler in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

johnny3491 said: i am in the same bot i have been out of work for 9 mounts i havre three mioner acendets like your but i allso have a unsatafitory safty rocerd on dack i was hoppimg u found a job if u can seand infor if i can applay please replay i need a job badly thanks john

Hey john me too any lucl or leads franl hereukitty@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fanagler in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Hey john me too any luck or leads? Frank hereukitty@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlb051950@yahoo.com in Gastonia, North Carolina

34 months ago

Try Super Service they are the old Gainey out of Grand Rapids, Mi an Super Service out of Sommerset, Ky. They have a yard in Dallas,Tx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fanagler in Hockley, Texas

34 months ago

Super didnt work but close ty and still loolimg

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Diggity in Kankakee, Illinois

33 months ago

Just recently got my CDL and looking to get into the industry. I had a ticket in my car for wrong way on a one way about 6 months ago. Can I still get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

32 months ago

Diggity in Kankakee, Illinois said: Just recently got my CDL and looking to get into the industry. I had a ticket in my car for wrong way on a one way about 6 months ago. Can I still get a job?

What was on your mind when you was going the wrong way on a one way,LOL.I think companies may be reluctant to hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

32 months ago

luckylove in Palatka, Florida said: I'm just hoping someone out there can help and give me some ideas. My husband has been a truck driver for 13 years. He got into his first accident on 12/22/11. No one was hurt in the accident. Thank God! He was fired from his job, due to the accident. Does anyone know of a trucking company that might hire him?
That happened a little over a month ago,sorry to say noone will hire him.Maybe find a lawyer to get that expunged from his licence

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

1helluva86 in Charlton, Massachusetts

31 months ago

frank.trujillo59@yahoo.com in Littleton, Colorado said: 3 preventable accidents/no tickets need trucking company willing to hire.11 months OTR exp.

That's the messed up part...ALL accidents at some point, from the time actions occured to cause, are "preventable".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hereukitty@yahoo.com in Fontana, California

31 months ago

Try Navajo Express and use my name for reference Frank Nagle and be ready to roll 2500 to 3000 with no BS from you or them. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND sorry about your bad start this job is safety first and all the rest second.

DIRTY FRANK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

StarJTexas in Longview, Texas

31 months ago

i just found out afther 2 15 2012 that koch was leting me go i was going 15 mph when litely tap my brakes from see a deer on a wet road the fireman told me many have fliped over on this road so with this been my first were could i find a job at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Seattle, Washington

31 months ago

alias in Fort Washington, Maryland said: I had three accidents. My trailer struck a fire hydrant while turning out a drive way, my bumper struck a yellow marker pole while at the shipper, and my truck got stuck in the mud. The company fired me after the 3rd accident.

Does anyone know of a trucking company that will hire a driver with three accidents on file?

I've been told I would have to wait six months to a year before I would even be considered by most trucking companies.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Accidents happen, but there is no reason to hit a hydrant. i've dragged a trailer over many things but a fire hydrant? I'm disappointed, if you can't miss a well marked hydrant I'd pick another career. Im just saying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Seattle, Washington

31 months ago

I changed my mind. I said I dragged my trailer over things .... but only when i had to. i've killed some flower beds on roundabouts. Thats happen many times. I did once get stuck in a corner and backed over a utilty. I crushed a box and it happen to be NG for the city. I called 911 and used my ERG. wasnt a big deal. Wasn't a big deal, but I notified the right people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

31 months ago

Matthew in Seattle, Washington said: Accidents happen, but there is no reason to hit a hydrant. i've dragged a trailer over many things but a fire hydrant? I'm disappointed, if you can't miss a well marked hydrant I'd pick another career. Im just saying
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're funny.I read your post about dragging your trl running over flowerbeds ect ect,you better find another carreer as well.Fire hydrant or whatever.you hit many well marked things and then you're do this guy???????????????????? Practice what you preach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Seattle, Washington

31 months ago

Eventually sh*t happens to everyone if you do it long enough. It might not be catastrophic; but, little things happen to competent people all the time. As for the flower beds . . . I had good fun dragging the trailer over the daisies. What does someone expect when you want a 100T crane on a residential street. There was a roundabout at both ends of the street and some neighborhood jackass thought it was a good idea to plant a garden there. The crane made it around the flowers and the trailering boom didn't. I would do it again with a smile on my face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Seattle, Washington

31 months ago

Good morning Patricia. I know I sound like I'm a jackass, but I do practice what I preach. I don't drive OTR anymore, and in that environment you shouldn't run over anything. However, in the construction industry I find myself in a post ion where my vehicle won't fit often. That doesn't mean the work stops. I've always had permission from the general contractor to run over flowerbeds, retaining walls, and a few times they didn't want to take out the mailbox. Hey, if you can make it around it, cool, if not, I gotta put it back either way. Drive safe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

31 months ago

Matthew in Seattle, Washington said: Good morning Patricia. I know I sound like I'm a jackass, but I do practice what I preach. I don't drive OTR anymore, and in that environment you shouldn't run over anything. However, in the construction industry I find myself in a post ion where my vehicle won't fit often. That doesn't mean the work stops. I've always had permission from the general contractor to run over flowerbeds, retaining walls, and a few times they didn't want to take out the mailbox. Hey, if you can make it around it, cool, if not, I gotta put it back either way. Drive safe.

So what kind of construction vehicle do u drive that would cause you to hit things and why you taking that way if your vehicle wont fit thru it safely and not hit anything?One day your contractor boss is going to have to pay for things his vehicle hits if he gets caught.Sounds like youve delibrately hit alot of things,im surprised you even have a vehicle left.I just never heard of a boss allowing you to hit things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

river in Livonia, Michigan

30 months ago

If you are wrongfully charged and terminated, say thanks and give a smile. Keep a positive thought to get a better one. DAC reports have been notorious for years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RedRiver in Denver, Colorado

30 months ago

DAC reports have been notorius for years. DAC reports should not be used for employments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

daniel l in Syracuse, New York

28 months ago

the crazy thing is that its not just your DAC that keeps u from getting the jobs. even if you by some chance get the accidents/insidents removed. the company will still send it to homever uyou applied with.i cerantly have two 5 accidents within a 2 year period. one was wih werner on there family dollor ccount.i hit a parked car with the lug nut of my driver side steer.the other 4 where with cental transpot. on was a non-preventable i was hit y a drunk driver. the other 3 they charged me with. one was damaged tires,since i was the last driver with the trailer i did it. hit driver mirror when pulling out of dock, door wasn't lached to side and it flung out.hit fence post for yard entrance gate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniel l in Syracuse, New York

28 months ago

i happend because of a reckless driver flying into the yard.i pride my self on safe driving. went 3 years without an accident,but now i can't work in this indistry for 3 years. wich is around 2015.thanks to the protection drivers don't have from the companys.so for all the drivers out there that want to say it i will.thank u.s. goverment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BryanPerret in washington

28 months ago

daniel l in Syracuse, New York said: the crazy thing is that its not just your DAC that keeps u from getting the jobs. even if you by some chance get the accidents/insidents removed. the company will still send it to homever uyou applied with.i cerantly have two 5 accidents within a 2 year period. one was wih werner on there family dollor ccount.i hit a parked car with the lug nut of my driver side steer.the other 4 where with cental transpot. on was a non-preventable i was hit y a drunk driver. the other 3 they charged me with. one was damaged tires,since i was the last driver with the trailer i did it. hit driver mirror when pulling out of dock, door wasn't lached to side and it flung out.hit fence post for yard entrance gate

Have you tried talking to a <a href="www.onlinelawyersource.com/truck-accidents/">truck accident lawyer</a>? My brother was a trucker until he had an accident last year. A drunk driver just crashed right into him. He suffered some severe injuries and he's unable to drive, but he won some substantial damages in court.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shortdad1 in Matthews, North Carolina

25 months ago

iLife2008 in Los Angeles, California said: YOU UNFORGIVING, JUDGEMENTAL, HOLIER-THAN-THOU IDIOT! Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to make those statements! There are over 2,000,000 truckers on the road in the US alone, and not one of them is perfect as you suggest. These million mile drivers you talk about that go over 1,000,000 miles without an accident or violation? News flash, Einstein-they represent less than 0.0001% of those 2 million truckers! We all make mistakes in life, but that does'nt mean that we all are these dangerous and deadly menaces tear-assing down the highway desperately trying to take out as many other people as we can as you obviously think! Those type of drivers also represent a TINY fraction of a percent of the 2,000,000 decent, hardworking folks out there who may have made mistakes but also learned important lessons from it, paid their "debt to society" and deserve another chance to try to improve so that they can support their families. So activate brain prior to inserting foot into mouth!

I truly thank you sir!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

trucker

18 months ago

PTL better known as Paschall Truck Lines they will hire anybody meaning if u roll a truck they will still hire you. This trucking company have you sitting every weekend an also get u away from home an leave you straneded in kentucky an wont care how you get back home. This company is cheap an triflin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

melton7142

18 months ago

Accident happens, and it do not choose anyone even a million miler can get into a horrible accident. Some of the guys here probably just had one of those bad days. It does not mean they are stupid or bad drivers. I do believe in a weird fact tho that some people are a magnet for disaster and it does not have to be their fault. Maybe it has its underlying reason from a deep branch of physics that science has not caught up with yet. I do believe tho that a positive attitude is good thing including driving proffession. Driving a truck is not technically challenging, and no one is too stupid to drive a rig, so quit saying it is not for someone. It aint like you need calculus, and some understanding of quantum mechanics to drive a rig. All I can say is apply what you learned in school, and keep learning everyday, and do your best. I know you don't have to be genius to be a truck driver, but use common sense. Thats all it takes really, common sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trucking4life in Joplin, Missouri

18 months ago

Conway Truckload will hire you if you have not had 2 preventable accidents in the last 12 months or more than 3 in the last 3 years. You can get more information by going to www.true2blue.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LTL Driver1 in Bessemer, Alabama

17 months ago

I have had 5 preventable incidents company wise in the last three year's they are minor like knocking down mailbox, backing into yellow pole, turning too deep damaging tractor fairing in the yard, etc. Will this keep me from getting hired? And are they considered moving violations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ILOVETRUCKING in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

A) I HAD TWO INCIDENTS IN A MONTH PERIOD WITH J.B. HUNT

1) ONE WAS THAT I WENT TO THE WRONG ENTRANCE AT THE CUSTOMER I GOT OUT ASK IF THEY COULD OPEN THE GATE THEY SAID NO IT WAS TOO NARROW BECAUSE IT WAS THE EMPLOYEES (CAR) ENTRANCE SO I TRY MY BEST TO BACK AND BEHIND ME THERE WAS TWO STACK OF BLOCKS 2 1/2 TO 3 FT TALL IN THE MIDDLE JUST TO DIVIDE THE ENTRANCE AND EXIT I KNOCK THEM DOWN WITH THE CORNER OF MY DOT BUMPER THE EEMPLOYEES GOT IT OUT OF MY WAY WITH A FORK LIFT I WAS BLAME FOR BEING A PREVENTABLE.

2))THE 2ND***--> I WAS IN A ONE LANE STREET TRAFFIC BUT IT TURN IN TO TWO ME AND A OTHER TRUCK BUMP MIRRORS I WAS ON THE LEFT SIDE CLOSE TO THE OPPOSITE LANE THE OTHER TRUCK WAS ON THE INCORRECT LANE ACCORDING TO J.B. THEY SAID I COULD OF BLOCK THE OTHER LANE BECAUSE IS NATURALLY ONE LANE NOTHING HAPPEND TO THE PLAIN MIRRORS AS YOU COULD ADJUST THEM JUST THE PLASTIC BEHIND IT HAD A LITTLE CRACK.

3) NOW THEY SAID WE NEEDED TO PART WAYS I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO (IN HIS WORDS) TOO MANY INCIDENTS I APPLIED BACK TO MY FIRST AND LAST JOB WERNER ENTERPRISES THEY SAID I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO LANE CHANGE WHICH I ASSUME THEY MEANT THE 2ND INCIDENT THEY SAID I NEEDED TO FIX THAT OR WAIT 3 YEARS TO REAPPLY.

4) IS MY CAREER OVER ? WHAT CAN I DO I'LL PAY ANYTHING REASONABLE (WHO CAN HIRE ME?)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

james donovan in United states

11 months ago

johnny3491 said: i am in the same bot i have been out of work for 9 mounts i havre three mioner acendets like your but i allso have a unsatafitory safty rocerd on dack i was hoppimg u found a job if u can seand infor if i can applay please replay i need a job badly thanks john

you both are really done for at least 3 years, it is not so much your DAC? It really is your CSA score.. Remember one thing next time you get work, if your unsure where that trailer is get out and look. I have been driving for over 11 years and still get out and look. You might want to try hauling containers there are some companies that are less strict than conventional long haul companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

james donovan in United states

11 months ago

for you new drivers, take your time, learn the job as your getting experience, do not take any chances, keep good logs that are current, go slow, watch your mirrors and scan a good distance ahead of your truck.. remember your CSA score and keep violations under control, also level one inspections by passing them keeps your score good. learn as much as you can about the truck with some basic mechanic skills is not a bad idea either. One bad day will put you out of work in this industry for a very long time or maybe forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

james donovan in United states

11 months ago

LTL Driver1 in Bessemer, Alabama said: I have had 5 preventable incidents company wise in the last three year's they are minor like knocking down mailbox, backing into yellow pole, turning too deep damaging tractor fairing in the yard, etc. Will this keep me from getting hired? And are they considered moving violations?

5!Get out and look brother sheesh. dude they are still accidents that were reported by your company, if your still working for them stay there, your done until at least 3 years passes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

james donovan in United states

11 months ago

daniel l in Syracuse, New York said: the crazy thing is that its not just your DAC that keeps u from getting the jobs. even if you by some chance get the accidents/insidents removed. the company will still send it to homever uyou applied with.i cerantly have two 5 accidents within a 2 year period. one was wih werner on there family dollor ccount.i hit a parked car with the lug nut of my driver side steer.the other 4 where with cental transpot. on was a non-preventable i was hit y a drunk driver. the other 3 they charged me with. one was damaged tires,since i was the last driver with the trailer i did it. hit driver mirror when pulling out of dock, door wasn't lached to side and it flung out.hit fence post for yard entrance gate

after 3 years no biggie, if that 3rd year rolls around and you have a clean record you will get work unless you have one of those bad moving violation that carries 6 points and those remain for 5 years ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4seasons in Buffalo, New York

7 months ago

Guess I can be added to the damage goods list. I had 3 preventables working for werner under the Dollar General Family Dollar account and 2 Non Preventables. Got away from those accounts and drove regional. they pay me $400 bucks a week which is crap and always tell me I can always go back to the FD Or DG account. They no what they are doing , they know you or I will get in to accidents on those accounts that's why no one goes to them. as for me I told them to send me home on a leave of absence. Just to see if I can find another job as a means to start over with another company. Know luck what so ever! I even took the Hazmat test and passed it! Still know luck. Now im going to look at a different career maybe come back to trucking after 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

6 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Guess I can be added to the damage goods list. I had 3 preventables working for werner under the Dollar General Family Dollar account and 2 Non Preventables. Got away from those accounts and drove regional. they pay me $400 bucks a week which is crap and always tell me I can always go back to the FD Or DG account. They no what they are doing , they know you or I will get in to accidents on those accounts that's why no one goes to them. as for me I told them to send me home on a leave of absence. Just to see if I can find another job as a means to start over with another company. Know luck what so ever! I even took the Hazmat test and passed it! Still know luck. Now im going to look at a different career maybe come back to trucking after 3 years.

Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4seasons in Buffalo, New York

6 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

I say that only because I've driven for them for a year! Was regional for 6 months accident free then when asked to help on the dollar general family dollar account. I began to get into accidents. A lot of drivers I personally talk to that are on these accounts say the SME thing. That Werner knows exactly that these are the accounts that truckers have accidents on. So of they didn't know, why offer it to me after 6months. There a ton of drivers wishing they can leave but can't because there DAC is screwed. But for me I rather let the job go do something else for a few years then get back into it with another company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4seasons in Buffalo, New York

6 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

Also I'm assuming you work for the company as dispatcher or management.
Werner wouldn't be a bad company if 1 there pay was competitive with current market. 26cents a mile to drive regional? Like I might as well come home and find a job. Second if your going to put drivers on those family Dollar Dollar General accounts, TRAIN THEM FOR THE ACCOUNTS!!! THEY TRAIN YOU ALMOST 3MONTHS FOR OVER THE ROAD BUT 2-3 DAYS FOR ACCOUNTS THAT MOST THERE DRIVERS GET ACCIDENTS ON??? DOESNT MAKE SINCE TO ME OTHER THEN A SETUP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

6 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Also I'm assuming you work for the company as dispatcher or management.
Werner wouldn't be a bad company if 1 there pay was competitive with current market. 26cents a mile to drive regional? Like I might as well come home and find a job. Second if your going to put drivers on those family Dollar Dollar General accounts, TRAIN THEM FOR THE ACCOUNTS!!! THEY TRAIN YOU ALMOST 3MONTHS FOR OVER THE ROAD BUT 2-3 DAYS FOR ACCOUNTS THAT MOST THERE DRIVERS GET ACCIDENTS ON??? DOESNT MAKE SINCE TO ME OTHER THEN A SETUP!

You're assuming wrong,im a company driver and have been since 2002.Werner was my first company of 3 yrs.I do know Werner is the lowest paid starter company there is and has one of the highest turnover rates in the industry.Werner is a great place to get the exp but that is it,then its time to move on.They do train for weeks so no reason for preventables,accounts or not.It's all the same far as driving,backing shifting turning.You have to really be on your toes.I do know with those accounts backing is a lot harder.One of those accounts you deliver and unload your freight to the stores,think its the DG acoount maybe both.But i'll defend you on this one,anyone whos going to take those accounts should go with a trainer who does only those accounts,not OTR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

6 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: I say that only because I've driven for them for a year! Was regional for 6 months accident free then when asked to help on the dollar general family dollar account. I began to get into accidents. A lot of drivers I personally talk to that are on these accounts say the SME thing. That Werner knows exactly that these are the accounts that truckers have accidents on. So of they didn't know, why offer it to me after 6months. There a ton of drivers wishing they can leave but can't because there DAC is screwed. But for me I rather let the job go do something else for a few years then get back into it with another company

Like every other company,Werner would not delibratly put drivers on certain accounts just so the driver fails.Remember they have insurance,the more accidents the higher the insurance not to mention their safety rating.Werner doesn't know who can and cannot do certain jobs.All drivers have to do is tell their dispatcher they want off the accounts and they'll take you off.Don't get me wrong Werner sucks and I would never go back there but I know the industry and how companies work towards drivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.