I had three accidents

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

traveler in Lakeland, Florida

73 months ago

I drove for werner and have the same problem. Been trying for a year to get job and no luck yet. my mvr is clean. driving for werner was the first problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Largo, Florida

48 months ago

well i hope i can get some help from somebody here ... i m a student driver i just got graduated from a school couple of month ago , i got hired as everybody else with a company i went to the orientation and i started my training ,, so while my training my recruiter called me and he said that i lied in my application, i put i resigned from my previous jobs which is true but the former employer told them that he fired me ... they didn't wanna hear me and they fired me for that so now nobody wanna hire me coz of that and since i got no experience over the road i cant apply for all the companies .... anyone have any advice for what should i do ? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

melton7142

28 months ago

Accident happens, and it do not choose anyone even a million miler can get into a horrible accident. Some of the guys here probably just had one of those bad days. It does not mean they are stupid or bad drivers. I do believe in a weird fact tho that some people are a magnet for disaster and it does not have to be their fault. Maybe it has its underlying reason from a deep branch of physics that science has not caught up with yet. I do believe tho that a positive attitude is good thing including driving proffession. Driving a truck is not technically challenging, and no one is too stupid to drive a rig, so quit saying it is not for someone. It aint like you need calculus, and some understanding of quantum mechanics to drive a rig. All I can say is apply what you learned in school, and keep learning everyday, and do your best. I know you don't have to be genius to be a truck driver, but use common sense. Thats all it takes really, common sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trucking4life in Joplin, Missouri

28 months ago

Conway Truckload will hire you if you have not had 2 preventable accidents in the last 12 months or more than 3 in the last 3 years. You can get more information by going to www.true2blue.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LTL Driver1 in Bessemer, Alabama

27 months ago

I have had 5 preventable incidents company wise in the last three year's they are minor like knocking down mailbox, backing into yellow pole, turning too deep damaging tractor fairing in the yard, etc. Will this keep me from getting hired? And are they considered moving violations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

james donovan in United states

21 months ago

johnny3491 said: i am in the same bot i have been out of work for 9 mounts i havre three mioner acendets like your but i allso have a unsatafitory safty rocerd on dack i was hoppimg u found a job if u can seand infor if i can applay please replay i need a job badly thanks john

you both are really done for at least 3 years, it is not so much your DAC? It really is your CSA score.. Remember one thing next time you get work, if your unsure where that trailer is get out and look. I have been driving for over 11 years and still get out and look. You might want to try hauling containers there are some companies that are less strict than conventional long haul companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

for you new drivers, take your time, learn the job as your getting experience, do not take any chances, keep good logs that are current, go slow, watch your mirrors and scan a good distance ahead of your truck.. remember your CSA score and keep violations under control, also level one inspections by passing them keeps your score good. learn as much as you can about the truck with some basic mechanic skills is not a bad idea either. One bad day will put you out of work in this industry for a very long time or maybe forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

LTL Driver1 in Bessemer, Alabama said: I have had 5 preventable incidents company wise in the last three year's they are minor like knocking down mailbox, backing into yellow pole, turning too deep damaging tractor fairing in the yard, etc. Will this keep me from getting hired? And are they considered moving violations?

5!Get out and look brother sheesh. dude they are still accidents that were reported by your company, if your still working for them stay there, your done until at least 3 years passes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

daniel l in Syracuse, New York said: the crazy thing is that its not just your DAC that keeps u from getting the jobs. even if you by some chance get the accidents/insidents removed. the company will still send it to homever uyou applied with.i cerantly have two 5 accidents within a 2 year period. one was wih werner on there family dollor ccount.i hit a parked car with the lug nut of my driver side steer.the other 4 where with cental transpot. on was a non-preventable i was hit y a drunk driver. the other 3 they charged me with. one was damaged tires,since i was the last driver with the trailer i did it. hit driver mirror when pulling out of dock, door wasn't lached to side and it flung out.hit fence post for yard entrance gate

after 3 years no biggie, if that 3rd year rolls around and you have a clean record you will get work unless you have one of those bad moving violation that carries 6 points and those remain for 5 years ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4seasons in Buffalo, New York

17 months ago

Guess I can be added to the damage goods list. I had 3 preventables working for werner under the Dollar General Family Dollar account and 2 Non Preventables. Got away from those accounts and drove regional. they pay me $400 bucks a week which is crap and always tell me I can always go back to the FD Or DG account. They no what they are doing , they know you or I will get in to accidents on those accounts that's why no one goes to them. as for me I told them to send me home on a leave of absence. Just to see if I can find another job as a means to start over with another company. Know luck what so ever! I even took the Hazmat test and passed it! Still know luck. Now im going to look at a different career maybe come back to trucking after 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Guess I can be added to the damage goods list. I had 3 preventables working for werner under the Dollar General Family Dollar account and 2 Non Preventables. Got away from those accounts and drove regional. they pay me $400 bucks a week which is crap and always tell me I can always go back to the FD Or DG account. They no what they are doing , they know you or I will get in to accidents on those accounts that's why no one goes to them. as for me I told them to send me home on a leave of absence. Just to see if I can find another job as a means to start over with another company. Know luck what so ever! I even took the Hazmat test and passed it! Still know luck. Now im going to look at a different career maybe come back to trucking after 3 years.

Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

I say that only because I've driven for them for a year! Was regional for 6 months accident free then when asked to help on the dollar general family dollar account. I began to get into accidents. A lot of drivers I personally talk to that are on these accounts say the SME thing. That Werner knows exactly that these are the accounts that truckers have accidents on. So of they didn't know, why offer it to me after 6months. There a ton of drivers wishing they can leave but can't because there DAC is screwed. But for me I rather let the job go do something else for a few years then get back into it with another company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Well gee with all those preventables on your record I can't imagine why you're having no luck finding work,how dare they.I had to laugh when you said Werner knows drivers will get into accidents if they take those accounts,lol.That has nothing to do with those preventables you had.It was not paying attention.You haven't been driving for very long have you?

Also I'm assuming you work for the company as dispatcher or management.
Werner wouldn't be a bad company if 1 there pay was competitive with current market. 26cents a mile to drive regional? Like I might as well come home and find a job. Second if your going to put drivers on those family Dollar Dollar General accounts, TRAIN THEM FOR THE ACCOUNTS!!! THEY TRAIN YOU ALMOST 3MONTHS FOR OVER THE ROAD BUT 2-3 DAYS FOR ACCOUNTS THAT MOST THERE DRIVERS GET ACCIDENTS ON??? DOESNT MAKE SINCE TO ME OTHER THEN A SETUP!

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Also I'm assuming you work for the company as dispatcher or management.
Werner wouldn't be a bad company if 1 there pay was competitive with current market. 26cents a mile to drive regional? Like I might as well come home and find a job. Second if your going to put drivers on those family Dollar Dollar General accounts, TRAIN THEM FOR THE ACCOUNTS!!! THEY TRAIN YOU ALMOST 3MONTHS FOR OVER THE ROAD BUT 2-3 DAYS FOR ACCOUNTS THAT MOST THERE DRIVERS GET ACCIDENTS ON??? DOESNT MAKE SINCE TO ME OTHER THEN A SETUP!

You're assuming wrong,im a company driver and have been since 2002.Werner was my first company of 3 yrs.I do know Werner is the lowest paid starter company there is and has one of the highest turnover rates in the industry.Werner is a great place to get the exp but that is it,then its time to move on.They do train for weeks so no reason for preventables,accounts or not.It's all the same far as driving,backing shifting turning.You have to really be on your toes.I do know with those accounts backing is a lot harder.One of those accounts you deliver and unload your freight to the stores,think its the DG acoount maybe both.But i'll defend you on this one,anyone whos going to take those accounts should go with a trainer who does only those accounts,not OTR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: I say that only because I've driven for them for a year! Was regional for 6 months accident free then when asked to help on the dollar general family dollar account. I began to get into accidents. A lot of drivers I personally talk to that are on these accounts say the SME thing. That Werner knows exactly that these are the accounts that truckers have accidents on. So of they didn't know, why offer it to me after 6months. There a ton of drivers wishing they can leave but can't because there DAC is screwed. But for me I rather let the job go do something else for a few years then get back into it with another company

Like every other company,Werner would not delibratly put drivers on certain accounts just so the driver fails.Remember they have insurance,the more accidents the higher the insurance not to mention their safety rating.Werner doesn't know who can and cannot do certain jobs.All drivers have to do is tell their dispatcher they want off the accounts and they'll take you off.Don't get me wrong Werner sucks and I would never go back there but I know the industry and how companies work towards drivers.

17 months ago

OK I assume wrong then. But that's what I'm saying granted yes its me getting into the accident which I feel one was questionable because it was during a snow storm but give me or give the drivers enough training especially on those accounts and accidents or incidents will be at minimum. I had to learn the hard way within one year so if this helps anyone great. I am still considered an employee with company but I took a leave of absence. I recently called placement to see if they had at least a dedicated account where I can get home on the weekends and again they told all we have is family dollar or dollar general for you. And why would I go back to that lol.

17 months ago

ILOVETRUCKING in Chicago, Illinois said: A) I HAD TWO INCIDENTS IN A MONTH PERIOD WITH J.B. HUNT

1) ONE WAS THAT I WENT TO THE WRONG ENTRANCE AT THE CUSTOMER I GOT OUT ASK IF THEY COULD OPEN THE GATE THEY SAID NO IT WAS TOO NARROW BECAUSE IT WAS THE EMPLOYEES (CAR) ENTRANCE SO I TRY MY BEST TO BACK AND BEHIND ME THERE WAS TWO STACK OF BLOCKS 2 1/2 TO 3 FT TALL IN THE MIDDLE JUST TO DIVIDE THE ENTRANCE AND EXIT I KNOCK THEM DOWN WITH THE CORNER OF MY DOT BUMPER THE EEMPLOYEES GOT IT OUT OF MY WAY WITH A FORK LIFT I WAS BLAME FOR BEING A PREVENTABLE.

2))THE 2ND***--> I WAS IN A ONE LANE STREET TRAFFIC BUT IT TURN IN TO TWO ME AND A OTHER TRUCK BUMP MIRRORS I WAS ON THE LEFT SIDE CLOSE TO THE OPPOSITE LANE THE OTHER TRUCK WAS ON THE INCORRECT LANE ACCORDING TO J.B. THEY SAID I COULD OF BLOCK THE OTHER LANE BECAUSE IS NATURALLY ONE LANE NOTHING HAPPEND TO THE PLAIN MIRRORS AS YOU COULD ADJUST THEM JUST THE PLASTIC BEHIND IT HAD A LITTLE CRACK.

3) NOW THEY SAID WE NEEDED TO PART WAYS I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO (IN HIS WORDS) TOO MANY INCIDENTS I APPLIED BACK TO MY FIRST AND LAST JOB WERNER ENTERPRISES THEY SAID I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO LANE CHANGE WHICH I ASSUME THEY MEANT THE 2ND INCIDENT THEY SAID I NEEDED TO FIX THAT OR WAIT 3 YEARS TO REAPPLY.

4) IS MY CAREER OVER ? WHAT CAN I DO I'LL PAY ANYTHING REASONABLE (WHO CAN HIRE ME?)

your done for at least 3 years and while your waiting clean up your hire right which was dac.

17 months ago

ILOVETRUCKING in Chicago, Illinois said: A) I HAD TWO INCIDENTS IN A MONTH PERIOD WITH J.B. HUNT

1) ONE WAS THAT I WENT TO THE WRONG ENTRANCE AT THE CUSTOMER I GOT OUT ASK IF THEY COULD OPEN THE GATE THEY SAID NO IT WAS TOO NARROW BECAUSE IT WAS THE EMPLOYEES (CAR) ENTRANCE SO I TRY MY BEST TO BACK AND BEHIND ME THERE WAS TWO STACK OF BLOCKS 2 1/2 TO 3 FT TALL IN THE MIDDLE JUST TO DIVIDE THE ENTRANCE AND EXIT I KNOCK THEM DOWN WITH THE CORNER OF MY DOT BUMPER THE EEMPLOYEES GOT IT OUT OF MY WAY WITH A FORK LIFT I WAS BLAME FOR BEING A PREVENTABLE.

2))THE 2ND***--> I WAS IN A ONE LANE STREET TRAFFIC BUT IT TURN IN TO TWO ME AND A OTHER TRUCK BUMP MIRRORS I WAS ON THE LEFT SIDE CLOSE TO THE OPPOSITE LANE THE OTHER TRUCK WAS ON THE INCORRECT LANE ACCORDING TO J.B. THEY SAID I COULD OF BLOCK THE OTHER LANE BECAUSE IS NATURALLY ONE LANE NOTHING HAPPEND TO THE PLAIN MIRRORS AS YOU COULD ADJUST THEM JUST THE PLASTIC BEHIND IT HAD A LITTLE CRACK.

3) NOW THEY SAID WE NEEDED TO PART WAYS I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO (IN HIS WORDS) TOO MANY INCIDENTS I APPLIED BACK TO MY FIRST AND LAST JOB WERNER ENTERPRISES THEY SAID I GOT TERMINATED DUE TO LANE CHANGE WHICH I ASSUME THEY MEANT THE 2ND INCIDENT THEY SAID I NEEDED TO FIX THAT OR WAIT 3 YEARS TO REAPPLY.

4) IS MY CAREER OVER ? WHAT CAN I DO I'LL PAY ANYTHING REASONABLE (WHO CAN HIRE ME?)

clean up your hire right which was dac while you wait the next 3 years before you can work again.

17 months ago

do you really think they set you up to fail, not likely, firstly if you do not know where your tractor and trailer are each and every time you turn, go back or forward THEN YOU DO NT BELONG DRIVING A TRUCK.. IF THAT SOUNDS A BIT ROUGH WELL BROTHER YOU HAVE ALOT OF RESPONSIBILITY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Like every other company,Werner would not delibratly put drivers on certain accounts just so the driver fails.Remember they have insurance,the more accidents the higher the insurance not to mention their safety rating.Werner doesn't know who can and cannot do certain jobs.All drivers have to do is tell their dispatcher they want off the accounts and they'll take you off.Don't get me wrong Werner sucks and I would never go back there but I know the industry and how companies work towards drivers.

FOR A DRIVER THAT JUST WENT THROUGH THE BS WITH THEM THAT IS NOT THE CASE. THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO BE ON THE ACCOUNT AT
EAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOU COME OFF IT! SO MUCH CAN HAPPEN WITHIN THAT TO WEEKS ITS CRAZY. AGAIN IM NOT SAYING THERE THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY THAT YOU CAN NEVER GO TO. BUT CERTAIN THINGS PLAYS APART IN WHY ALOT OF THESE ACCIDENT ARE HAPPENING. I CAN GIVE AN EXAMPLE I CAME UP TO A FAMILY DOLLAR STORE IT WAS SO TIGHT THAT IT WAS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR A TRUCK TO GET INTO. YOU LITERALLY SEEN TRUCK PARTS ON THE GROUND FRO PREVIOUS TRUCKERS ATTEMPTING TO GET TO THE STORE DOOR. I SAID TO MYSELF I AM NOT GOING TO GET MYSELF IN A ACCIDENT OVER THIS STORE. SO I QUALLCOMMED THAT THE WOULD HAVE TO BRING SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENCE TO GET THE TRUCK IN. THE DISPATCH ER CALLED ME TELLONG ME I HAD TO DOETC. I HAD TO ARGUE WITH HER FOR A HOUR STRAIGHT. SO THE FINALLY SWITCH LOADS WITH ME. THE GUY THEY SENT TORE HIS BUMBER OFF. SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Like every other company,Werner would not delibratly put drivers on certain accounts just so the driver fails.Remember they have insurance,the more accidents the higher the insurance not to mention their safety rating.Werner doesn't know who can and cannot do certain jobs.All drivers have to do is tell their dispatcher they want off the accounts and they'll take you off.Don't get me wrong Werner sucks and I would never go back there but I know the industry and how companies work towards drivers.

You did the right thing by refusing to back into a place you knew you couldn't do it.Better safe then sorry.I had to do that a coiple times with another company.Only they didn't send a driver,I took load to their warehouse.Which I should have done in the first place.Backing was still tight and very little room in the lot a few cars had to move but it was more doable.If you get in a situation like you had,first see if any cars are in your way and ask them to move.Ive done that quite a few times thruout my career.Werner can't help if drivers have accidents on certain accounts,those are their customers and they pay Werner to deliver their freight.Werner is a starter company and 90%of the drivers are newbies.Every company has dedicated customers that drivers absolutely hate to go to but they do because its all part of their job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

LOOK ALL TRUCKERS HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKE AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, BUT IF YOU KNOW WHEN YOU PULL INTO A PLACE THAT IT IS TIGHT, YOU GET OUT, THINK IT THROUGH AND SET YOURSELF UP TO GET IT DONE, LOOK NO DRIVER IS PERFECT BUT I GET IT DONE BECASUE IT IS THE JOB I/ YOU DO, YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE THERE TO GET THE LOAD BACKED TO THE DOCK OR DOOR. GO TO LOADMATCH.COM AND LOOK FOR OTHER TRUCKING COMPANIES THERE PULLING DIFFERENT TYPES OF FREIGHT. I WAS JUST AT A PLACE YESTERDAY THAT WAS EXTREMELY TIGHT BUT I MADE IT WORK BECASUE YOU HAVE TO.. GOOD LUCK

17 months ago

james donovan in United states said: do you really think they set you up to fail, not likely, firstly if you do not know where your tractor and trailer are each and every time you turn, go back or forward THEN YOU DO NT BELONG DRIVING A TRUCK.. IF THAT SOUNDS A BIT ROUGH WELL BROTHER YOU HAVE ALOT OF RESPONSIBILITY!!!!

Call it what you will!!!because im wrong but this has been going on even before I started trucking. Smh. I had driver flat out tell me that they were trained for otr for 3 months but came on the Dollar general or Family Dollar account with 1 or 2 days of training on it. Like are u serious??? And as far as insurance goes, that can be smooth over so it doesn't look bad so they can keep u locked but there insurance won't get hit. Like I said I had 3 minor accidents no citations yet I'm still employed. I had 2 non proven tables. Still employed

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Call it what you will!!!because im wrong but this has been going on even before I started trucking. Smh. I had driver flat out tell me that they were trained for otr for 3 months but came on the Dollar general or Family Dollar account with 1 or 2 days of training on it. Like are u serious??? And as far as insurance goes, that can be smooth over so it doesn't look bad so they can keep u locked but there insurance won't get hit. Like I said I had 3 minor accidents no citations yet I'm still employed. I had 2 non proven tables. Still employed

I'm making the choice of leaving the company. I will come back to it in a few years. Before my class A is up. I may even buy my own truck

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: You did the right thing by refusing to back into a place you knew you couldn't do it.Better safe then sorry.I had to do that a coiple times with another company.Only they didn't send a driver,I took load to their warehouse.Which I should have done in the first place.Backing was still tight and very little room in the lot a few cars had to move but it was more doable.If you get in a situation like you had,first see if any cars are in your way and ask them to move.Ive done that quite a few times thruout my career.Werner can't help if drivers have accidents on certain accounts,those are their customers and they pay Werner to deliver their freight.Werner is a starter company and 90%of the drivers are newbies.Every company has dedicated customers that drivers absolutely hate to go to but they do because its all part of their job.

Now that I can understand.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Call it what you will!!!because im wrong but this has been going on even before I started trucking. Smh. I had driver flat out tell me that they were trained for otr for 3 months but came on the Dollar general or Family Dollar account with 1 or 2 days of training on it. Like are u serious??? And as far as insurance goes, that can be smooth over so it doesn't look bad so they can keep u locked but there insurance won't get hit. Like I said I had 3 minor accidents no citations yet I'm still employed. I had 2 non proven tables. Still employed

Does'nt matter if you haven't had any citations,thats nothing to brag about especially with your short time driving trk.In the trucking biz there is no such thing as minor accidents.Werner takes every preventable as serious and it goes on your record.One more preventable safety may call you in and fire you.You wanna brag will I can too,1 preventable during my entire carreer no citations,try and top that,lol.

17 months ago

we all have had issues but that is why I do not work for those companies, like many drivers like myself I was self taught after I got out of school in 92. I was told there is my truck, loaded ready to roll, paperwork is on the seat. did that for 2 years and did great but I had help from drivers that actually back then cared unlike what I see much of these days, but a bad economy brings out the worst instead of the best, maybe not with all drivers but many or a great deal, also keep your CSA good that is what will put you out of work faster than hire right which was dac. keep your log right and pass level one inspections. good luck

17 months ago

james donovan in United states said: we all have had issues but that is why I do not work for those companies, like many drivers like myself I was self taught after I got out of school in 92. I was told there is my truck, loaded ready to roll, paperwork is on the seat. did that for 2 years and did great but I had help from drivers that actually back then cared unlike what I see much of these days, but a bad economy brings out the worst instead of the best, maybe not with all drivers but many or a great deal, also keep your CSA good that is what will put you out of work faster than hire right which was dac. keep your log right and pass level one inspections. good luck

Sound like my boyfriend,he was also self taught.He started driving for his dad and his road test consisted of here's the keys,lol.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: I'm making the choice of leaving the company. I will come back to it in a few years. Before my class A is up. I may even buy my own truck

You better learn how to drive first before even thinking about buying a trk.If you decide you wanna be a company driver again,you'll have to take a refreshers course.Why do you wanna stop driving for a few yrs?Did truck driving get the best of you?You do need thick skin and you need to quit coming up with excuses for those 3 preventables.The point is its your fault and except responsibility.

17 months ago

lol yeah, trucking school is about rules, some driving and a great pre-trip with some backing skills. You get your experience when your out there doing the job. I'm a local / regional driver now, but I have put in my time and I am a good driver but your skills behind the wheel each and everyday are tested to the core just short of choking the crap out of someone. lol

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: OK I assume wrong then. But that's what I'm saying granted yes its me getting into the accident which I feel one was questionable because it was during a snow storm but give me or give the drivers enough training especially on those accounts and accidents or incidents will be at minimum. I had to learn the hard way within one year so if this helps anyone great. I am still considered an employee with company but I took a leave of absence. I recently called placement to see if they had at least a dedicated account where I can get home on the weekends and again they told all we have is family dollar or dollar general for you. And why would I go back to that lol.[/QUOTIf trk driving was easy then everyone would be doing it.It's very challenging at times.You think you had it rough,my very first load was CANADA and I never was trained.Heck I couldn't even read a map and that QUALCOMM,I wanted to toss out the window.My next load going back to the states was Medley,Florida which is the Miami area,then Los Angelous then Philly then Chicago and by that time I was more then ready for hometime.I'll never forget the nitemare I had and wasn't trained for any of those cities and didn't have a clue about Canada.But thanks to all the many drivers that helped me I did it.

17 months ago

james donovan in United states said: lol yeah, trucking school is about rules, some driving and a great pre-trip with some backing skills. You get your experience when your out there doing the job. I'm a local / regional driver now, but I have put in my time and I am a good driver but your skills behind the wheel each and everyday are tested to the core just short of choking the crap out of someone. lol

All school does is teach you just enough to get your CDL and for a ridiculous price.The real training is with the so called trainer.But what I witness is the blind leading the blind.No wonder newbies have such a tough time on their own.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: You better learn how to drive first before even thinking about buying a trk.If you decide you wanna be a company driver again,you'll have to take a refreshers course.Why do you wanna stop driving for a few yrs?Did truck driving get the best of you?You do need thick skin and you need to quit coming up with excuses for those 3 preventables.The point is its your fault and except responsibility.

I've been excepted what is my responsibility Mr holier then thou. I will not work for $400 a week when I can make that at home elsewhere

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Does'nt matter if you haven't had any citations,thats nothing to brag about especially with your short time driving trk.In the trucking biz there is no such thing as minor accidents.Werner takes every preventable as serious and it goes on your record.One more preventable safety may call you in and fire you.You wanna brag will I can too,1 preventable during my entire carreer no citations,try and top that,lol.

And who's braging ??? I'm stating facts your being ignorant

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: You better learn how to drive first before even thinking about buying a trk.If you decide you wanna be a company driver again,you'll have to take a refreshers course.Why do you wanna stop driving for a few yrs?Did truck driving get the best of you?You do need thick skin and you need to quit coming up with excuses for those 3 preventables.The point is its your fault and except responsibility.

And it seems your very interested in my accidents.... Like I said I'm not going to drive OTR or regional for that low of pay. My family can't
Live off that. Also if uour so into competition, work on the family dolla,r dollar general account for a year and get back to me with your comments.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: And it seems your very interested in my accidents.... Like I said I'm not going to drive OTR or regional for that low of pay. My family can't
Live off that. Also if uour so into competition, work on the family dolla,r dollar general account for a year and get back to me with your comments.

I could care less about you're accidents.But when you come on a public forum for the world to read,you make it everybodys business.Was'nt you aware of truckers pay when you was going to school to get your CDL?I hate to rain on your parade but the pay will not get any better in this industry.Thats one of a million reasons why the high turnover rate.I have been in this industry for over a decade so I know how it and companies work and so does many other members here.If you don't like the advice and opinions given then don't post anything.I think what job would suit you is a burger flipper or Walmart,deffinately not driving trk.Its only for thick skin ppl.Also im not ignorant,sounded like u was braging.You're the ignorant one, blaming Werner for your accidents.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: I could care less about you're accidents.But when you come on a public forum for the world to read,you make it everybodys business.Was'nt you aware of truckers pay when you was going to school to get your CDL?I hate to rain on your parade but the pay will not get any better in this industry.Thats one of a million reasons why the high turnover rate.I have been in this industry for over a decade so I know how it and companies
work and so does many other members here.If you don't like the advice and opinions given then don't post anything.I think what job would suit
you is a burger flipper or Walmart,deffinately not
driving trk.Its only for thick skin ppl.Also im not ignorant,sounded like u was braging.You'remv the ignorant one, blaming Werner for your 9accidents.

If you would have read the entire thread you would have read speak about the fact that it is me that gets in to accidents due hpwever the fact that i wasnt trained well for the accounts plays apart.it took these accidents for me to say im not driving o. These accounts. Nor will i drive for that low of pay. As for a burger flipper ha! They propably make more. Also i have a bachelors. Sir i can find something else. This was a goal to start my own trucking company but for $400 a week lol i wouldnt see.that for.years. and you mustve been with werner to long buddy cuz these days people are making triple that after 6mos of experience.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: I could care less about you're accidents.But when you come on a public forum for the world to read,you make it everybodys business.Was'nt you aware of truckers pay when you was going to school to get your CDL?I hate to rain on your parade but the pay will not get any better in this industry.Thats one of a million reasons why the high turnover rate.I have been in this industry for over a decade so I know how it and companies work and so does many other members here.If you don't like the advice and opinions given then don't post anything.I think what job would suit you is a burger flipper or Walmart,deffinately not driving trk.Its only for thick skin ppl.Also im not ignorant,sounded like u was braging.You're the ignorant one, blaming Werner for your accidents.

Also its backwards I can make $850 a week on the Dollar General Family Dollar account (I'm assuming you knew that) but you make $400-$500 if drive over the road or regional??? You spend just as much time on that road away from your family etc. So why is the pay so low? So yea of course Im going to leave. As for thick skin your skin must be leather to drive and get paid so low if thats your pay after a decade! Hell I know driver s that are doing dedicated accounts getting 1200 a wk just to drop and hook.

17 months ago

Again a lot of people gave me good advice and I'm grateful for it! Im only speaking to the to one individual (partricajsn) you have a lot of information to give as a driver. But I guess because you be been with Werner so long!!!! I guess you forgot when you were a newbie!!!

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: If you would have read the entire thread you would have read speak about the fact that it is me that gets in to accidents due hpwever the fact that i wasnt trained well for the accounts plays apart.it took these accidents for me to say im not driving o. These accounts. Nor will i drive for that low of pay. As for a burger flipper ha! They propably make more. Also i have a bachelors. Sir i can find something else. This was a goal to start my own trucking company but for $400 a week lol i wouldnt see.that for.years. and you mustve been with werner to long buddy cuz these days people are making triple that after 6mos of experience.

Before I comment on your post I am not a sir im a miss,get it straight.I did read the entire thread,if you read all my posts you would see that.If you have a bachelors why did u choose trk driving and a bachelors in what?Tell me where after 6 months ppl are making triple of $400.00.You are considered a newby for 1 full yr which means newby pay.I can make more as a local driver but OTR not a chance.Too much of the hurry up and wait game.If you wanna try your luck hauling for these oil companies in Texas or ND then yes you'll make excellent money.Tanker is another option.But general freight,forget it,there's no money.

17 months ago

I'm sorry mam!! I'll give you the companies name! Point transportation, central transport, hogan transportation, transport america. Its not being in a rush its gettimg paid for the work you put in. I know companies make sacrifices but we as drivers make sacrifices as well! We should be paid reasonably for what we do.

17 months ago

If Werner could even come close $700 it would be worth me coming back because I'm new. But to b out 3 weeks get paid $400 a week naw. And see you are local so you reap the benefits of being home even if your pay not what it should

17 months ago

And I have a bachelors in Business Adminstration. They goal was to learn the driving side make enough money to buy a truck and continue on. I wrote out a business plan and all. Like I said that is still my goal I need to make more then $400 to do it!. I can get a day cab for about 10k and I have a friend that is a diesel mechanic. I figure if I pull between 20-30k I can start the company.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: I'm sorry mam!! I'll give you the companies name! Point transportation, central transport, hogan transportation, transport america. Its not being in a rush its gettimg paid for the work you put in. I know companies make sacrifices but we as drivers make sacrifices as well! We should be paid reasonably for what we do.

LOL,you better start doing your homework,none of those companies even remotely comes close to $1200.00 a week..I do agree with you though,we should get paid more.Like I said trk driving is the lowest paid carreer there is and when you think about it,it doesn't even pay minamum wage.We don't get paid overtime.As long as the law isn't on our side and as long as newbies swarm around companies like flies on sh-t paper carriers will always pay as low as possible.Companies lie or stretch the truth on their websites,billboards,craigs list and ads in the paper to get ppl to apply.I don't believe anything I read and anything recruiters say.I use my judgement.Just because I have been driving for yrs,I do not forget the newbies.I was once there and I do defend new drivers.But I don't defend newbies that think they know more then the drivers that were once in their shoes.lot of newbies these days seem to know more then long term drivers do and its like why you even going thru training.I know many of my replies to you came off as a bit too strong but that's how I am,I don't sugar coat anything and neither does the industry as you have found that out.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Also its backwards I can make $850 a week on the Dollar General Family Dollar account (I'm assuming you knew that) but you make $400-$500 if drive over the road or regional??? You spend just as much time on that road away from your family etc. So why is the pay so low? So yea of course Im going to leave. As for thick skin your skin must be leather to drive and get paid so low if thats your pay after a decade! Hell I know driver s that are doing dedicated accounts getting 1200 a wk just to drop and hook.

I know Werner is a low paying company but thought it was odd they would pay 400.00 and no I did not know that because u kept repeating yourself with $400.00 a week.Thats not bad for that account so why didn't you stick it out?So what if you had 3 preventables,as long as Werner hasn't said anything you should have stayed with it to get the exp.Backing comes with exp.When I first started I couldn't back to save my life.It all comes with exp and practice.If you decide you wanna come back,you;re not going to find that perfect company,not even close.Granter Werner is a bottom of the barrel company and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.But in order to succeed in this industry you have to pay your dues,we all have.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: I know Werner is a low paying company but thought it was odd they would pay 400.00 and no I did not know that because u kept repeating yourself with $400.00 a week.Thats not bad for that account so why didn't you stick it out?So what if you had 3 preventables,as long as Werner hasn't said anything you should have stayed with it to get the exp.Backing comes with exp.When I first started I couldn't back to save my life.It all comes with exp and practice.If you decide you wanna come back,you;re not going to find that perfect company,not even close.Granter Werner is a bottom of the barrel company and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.But in order to succeed in this industry you have to pay your dues,we all have.

That's not bad of pay???? Are you serious? Know one comes in to truck ing to make that type of pay. And there are companies that pay well the ones I mentioned aren't companies I talk to over the phone, I have friends that where able to get away from Werner with one or two accidents and now work for these companies. They feel bad because they know I'm stuck if I go back. Smh like I said I'll be on leave of absence until they have a account that's either going to pay me more or get me home weekly. If that's not going to happen I'll move on no problem.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: Also its backwards I can make $850 a week on the Dollar General Family Dollar account (I'm assuming you knew that) but you make $400-$500 if drive over the road or regional??? You spend just as much time on that road away from your family etc. So why is the pay so low? So yea of course Im going to leave. As for thick skin your skin must be leather to drive and get paid so low if thats your pay after a decade! Hell I know driver s that are doing dedicated accounts getting 1200 a wk just to drop and hook.

When I was with Werner I was OTR the first yr wasn't bad because my main concern was getting the exp.But the longer I was there the worse my checks were.Many checks were lower then what trainees got paid.Werner asked me quite a few times if I wanted to do the DG account but I declined.So I wasn't aware how much that pays.OTR drivers no matter who you drive for,you wont make a decent living.You never know what your checks will be.But with a dedicated account and all drop and hook,you could very well make some good money.So then why don't you try that?I did the OTR thing,solo for 9 yrs and came off the road to care for my mother because she got very ill.But consider the low pay,I won't go back.Also the economy has a lot to do with the low pay as well as thousands of strict laws the industry has.When I first started driving,companies didn't have the strict policies they do now which is the reason for the low pay and it also is because Werner is a mega carrier,the more drivers there are the less the pay and miles there are for OTR drivers.It also depends on what you haul.General freight,it all pays the same.But something like heavy haul tanker I heard pays real good.

17 months ago

4seasons in Buffalo, New York said: That's not bad of pay???? Are you serious? Know one comes in to truck ing to make that type of pay. And there are companies that pay well the ones I mentioned aren't companies I talk to over the phone, I have friends that where able to get away from Werner with one or two accidents and now work for these companies. They feel bad because they know I'm stuck if I go back. Smh like I said I'll be on leave of absence until they have a account that's either going to pay me more or get me home weekly. If that's not going to happen I'll move on no problem.

Are we on the same page?Im talking about the $850.00 a week for the DG account.The $400.00 a week,yes that's a very low check.Don't know how anyone can live on the road and pay their bills with that.Id rather pick up cans for a living and told my dispatcher that quite a few times.She got tired of me complaining and told me to quit if im not happy and I did just that.You'll be on LOA for along time waiting for Werner to find the right account for you.You live in the Northeast which is where a lot of Werners freight is.No reason why they can't find you a regional or dedicated to get u home every week,but the question is will they,probably not.

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: When I was with Werner I was OTR the first yr wasn't bad because my main concern was getting the exp.But the longer I was there the worse my checks were.Many checks were lower then what trainees got paid.Werner asked me quite a few times if I wanted to do the DG account but I declined.So I wasn't aware how much that pays.OTR drivers no matter who you drive for,you wont make a decent living.You never know what your checks will be.But with a dedicated account and all drop and hook,you could very well make some good money.So then why don't you try that?I did the OTR thing,solo for 9 yrs and came off the road to care for my mother because she got very
ill.But consider the low pay,I won't go back.Also the economy has a lot to do with the low pay as well as thousands of strict laws the industry has.When I first started driving,companies didn't have the strict policies they do now which is the reason for the low pay and it also is because Werner is a mega carrier,theYre drivers there are the less the pay and miles there are for OTR drivers.It also depends on what you haul.General freight,it all pays the same.But something like heavy haul tanker I heard pays real good.

You made a smart choice to decline DG. As for me if I wouldve Stayed otr or regional I wouldn't be on this post speaking on my accidents. Right now I can't make any moves driving wise unless its with werner

17 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Are we on the same page?Im talking about the $850.00 a week for the DG account.The $400.00 a week,yes that's a very low check.Don't know how anyone can live on the road and pay their bills with that.Id rather pick up cans for a living and told my dispatcher that quite a few times.She got tired of me complaining and told me to quit if im not happy and I did just that.You'll be on LOA for along time waiting for Werner to find the right account for you.You live in the Northeast which is where a lot of Werners freight is.No reason why they can't find you a regional or dedicated to get u home every week,but the question is will they,probably not.

Now that understand. As for DG account I'll be a fool to go back to an account I had 3 accidents on. I've already been that fool 3 times because of the pay. I know that DG and FD accounts should not be on my list of choices.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.