I have 4 moving violations, but none in over a year and a half.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 186 of 186)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

scott in Des Moines, Iowa

50 months ago

james in Gaffney, South Carolina said: I asked this question before(probably in the wrong place-sorry)but I would really like an answer. I have two speeding tickets on my MVR,one in 06 and one in 08, for speeding 10 or less miles over the limit.I am thinking of going to truck driving school and was wondering if this will hurt my chances at employment when I am finished?

yes it could get pre approved before you pay that much money i went to trucking school 6 week course finshed with a 99%grade and cant find a job and i have not had a ticket in 6 years but they want a spotless recored and that takes 7 years try wernner or crst they are easy companys apply b efore you go to school i am talking from exp inless you want to find your self working for a moveing company and that sucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

annaluci in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

If you have tickets on your record, this will very much hurt your employment status. Remember, also, CSA 2010. It might be a good idea for you to get more familiar with the new laws and regulations. You can also email me at urgentlegalhelp@gmail.com

dncholas in Charleston, West Virginia

50 months ago

I don't have any violations except a couple excessive length tickets that nobody cares about but I've had two carriers put bogus stuff on my DAC I have found out later. Be warned if you work for Swift or Super Service they will destroy your DAC if you quit, also told JB Hunt does this as common practice and will do if you change your mind at orientation. Your best bet dealing with multiple violations is just focus on local and/or smaller companies. They don't run DAC or NDR which all major carriers do. When you see and ad saying recent MVR required is the signal for not running DAC or NDR because if they did they wouldn't want a MVR. Smaller companies you will be happier with also. This is what someone above mentioned and I second the thought. Here's the link.. www.fleetdirectory.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mauser in Lebanon, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I need some advice. I had a good dac untel 2 yrs ago any way I have been driving for about 4 yrs I am a safe driver but I have 7 violaions and they start coming off in augist 2 are speeding the others are faling to yelds wich I was more than half way throughthe light. the one ticket I got taking my son to the hospital. any way. I would like to work as an owner operator but a company driver job would be good also are there any companeys out there that would hire me thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dncholas in Montreal, Quebec

50 months ago

[Not in Quebec, I'm in the US (VPN)] @Mauser.. most large or long haul companies will not because they will only allow 3 moving violations in the past 3 years. There may be a company that makes an exception but being over double the limit of most companies it will tough. You might try USA Trucking or Werner maybe. Not good companies but easier to get hired and you will not be happy but if you can get on then just drive safely and after the violations are mostly over 3 years old then apply to a better company. You may be better off trying to get a local driving job. Get a copy of your MVR at the DMV and make sure what shows on that because that's the only thing a local company wants and will request. Good luck to you

egray8 in Taylor, Michigan

46 months ago

I HAVE 5 MOVING VIOLATIONS AND I AM INTERESTED IN OBTAINING MY CDLS....NO LUCK FINDING A SCHOOL TO OBTAIN MY CDLS BECAUSE OF THE VIOLATIONS ANY SUGGESTIONS?

amy stadnik in Cleveland, Ohio

46 months ago

look like everyone is ahving the same problems my bf is having probs finding jobs bc of an accident that happened 6m ago if any one knows a company that will give him a chance bc of his mvr email me at spineyua@gmail.com nobodys perfect your experience and job shouldn't depend on if you have a good driving record then hardly anyone would have a license

nicdeavis in Humble, Texas

45 months ago

I am looking for a website or something to fnd out what is on my MVR or DAC in various states. If anyone can help please let me know

Kevin in Sacramento, California

44 months ago

Hey I like to have a local jobs it would be nice other then OTR jobs here is my ideal situation right now I have now one speeding on my record will come off next year Jan 2011 and one accident already pass 3 years those were Class C at the time and just had Class A since 2009 and refresher course done 2 weeks ago and good news CRST is ready hire me and still waiting for swift trucking I kinda want local jobs. any suggestion oh come on talk to me plse .

tony in Nottingham, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

i had my cdl since 99 ive been doing good til 2007ni started getting speeding tickets so i have 3violations in the past 3yrs n 1 accident which i wasnt ticketed but theres no company that will hire me anyone have any ideals who will?

shadow in Wooster, Ohio

44 months ago

Tony try Salson Logistics they are not the best company but it may get you back in the door. I had a rollover in 07 and a speeding ticket and I've been with them now 4 month's now. Heres my email kistlerbarry3@aol.com

alex in Des Moines, Iowa

44 months ago

scott in Des Moines, Iowa said: yes it could get pre approved before you pay that much money i went to trucking school 6 week course finshed with a 99%grade and cant find a job and i have not had a ticket in 6 years but they want a spotless recored and that takes 7 years try wernner or crst they are easy companys apply b efore you go to school i am talking from exp inless you want to find your self working for a moveing company and that sucks

hay scott I belive we was on the the school together on tha time, here in des moines, I still here any company hire me because Igot 4 ticket las 3 years.

alex in Des Moines, Iowa

44 months ago

my dream is work in truck driver, but I have a problem with 4 moving violation in last 3 year. can any body help me?. I try FFE IN TX. because policy they has in the website is 4 ticket but they denied my application and CR. ENGLEND with 3 ticket salt lake, utah.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hopalong in Fort Worth, Texas

43 months ago

I have 28yrs Exp over the road.My first D.W.I. Was in 1983. My 2nd D.W.I. Was in 2003.And my 3rd was in 07/03/2008.All were in my personal car.Im a proud member of A.A And been sober since 07/03/2008.I Have Hauled every thing at lest once.I have owend 4 Trucks at one time and i also spent a lot of time bing a company driver.My C.D.L Is bing returned to me on 11/05/2010.With All my Indorsments. I would like to go back out there and do it wright thise time.You dont no how good you had it till you loose it. Bing a sober person and a stronger man now. Makes me think that i would have a lot to offer a company. I enjoy life today. And would like return the gift that hase been given to me. Thank you P.S A person can change to the good even if your past is bad. I did. Please respond If you have Truck Driving Ideas.

alex

43 months ago

Hopalong in Fort Worth, Texas said: I have 28yrs Exp over the road.My first D.W.I. Was in 1983. My 2nd D.W.I. Was in 2003.And my 3rd was in 07/03/2008.All were in my personal car.Im a proud member of A.A And been sober since 07/03/2008.I Have Hauled every thing at lest once.I have owend 4 Trucks at one time and i also spent a lot of time bing a company driver.My C.D.L Is bing returned to me on 11/05/2010.With All my Indorsments. I would like to go back out there and do it wright thise time.You dont no how good you had it till you loose it. Bing a sober person and a stronger man now. Makes me think that i would have a lot to offer a company. I enjoy life today. And would like return the gift that hase been given to me. Thank you P.S A person can change to the good even if your past is bad. I did. Please respond If you have Truck Driving Ideas.

congratulation for your CDL. I know how much you can lose, because No body want to hire me. well I have a question for you? I graduated in december 04 2009. no body give a opportunity. because I have 4 moving violation in last 3 years in a normal car. the question is: if I work 3 month driven a truck haul grain they can hire me? please respond

LadyDragon

43 months ago

Hopalong in Fort Worth, Texas said: I have 28yrs Exp over the road.My first D.W.I. Was in 1983. My 2nd D.W.I. Was in 2003.And my 3rd was in 07/03/2008.All were in my personal car.Im a proud member of A.A And been sober since 07/03/2008.I Have Hauled every thing at lest once.I have owend 4 Trucks at one time and i also spent a lot of time bing a company driver.My C.D.L Is bing returned to me on 11/05/2010.With All my Indorsments. I would like to go back out there and do it wright thise time.You dont no how good you had it till you loose it. Bing a sober person and a stronger man now. Makes me think that i would have a lot to offer a company. I enjoy life today. And would like return the gift that hase been given to me. Thank you P.S A person can change to the good even if your past is bad. I did. Please respond If you have Truck Driving Ideas.

Hopalong, good for you that you are sober now. The grim reality is that you have not just 1 dwi...not 2...but 3!!!!!!! Most companies wont hire you with 1...lucky if you can find someone who will. But 3!!!!!?????? I am honestly suprised that you were given your cdl back at all. Never heard of anyone getting a 3rd chance. If I were you, I would try looking elsewhere...not in trucking. save yourself a lot of grief and paperwork.

Ivan in West Covina, California

43 months ago

I have 4 moving violations im looking for work but nobody wants me does anybody know who will hire a driver with a not so perfect record i have pneumatic experince

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skeeterhoss in Charlotte, Vermont

42 months ago

Best bet is to become an Owner-Operator and not deal with the company driver deal, Youll be alot better that way and wouldent have to worry about the company's bs asmuch as you would as a company driver!

skeeterhoss in Charlotte, Vermont

42 months ago

nicdeavis in Humble, Texas said: I am looking for a website or something to fnd out what is on my MVR or DAC in various states. If anyone can help please let me know

www.hireright.com you can get a copy of your full D.A.C report aswell as some of your DMV records and past employment/ any past drug tests results aswell there! Good luck.

Perkins Scam in Charlotte, North Carolina

41 months ago

Perkins Logistics and specialized transportation, Noblesville IN a Debt Bondage Company .l Perkins lease commercial vehicles to C.D. L. drivers and in turn dispatches freight, to the drivers. Then takes deductions from the driver’s settlements which in most cases leave the driver owing the company money each week resulting in the driver having no pay, this goes on and on for months until the drivers quit. They then release the same trucks and it starts all over again.

In addition to what have previously mentioned, They take money out of the drivers maintenance escrow accounts and then will replace the money over and over again. When a driver leaves their employ they are rarely refunded the escrow money (another source of income covered up). Several others are they mark up parts sold to driver for repairs at their maintenance facility and add undisclosed fees to the deductions from the drivers settlements.

They only dispatche freight other carriers would not take and the freight in most cases will cost you more to haul than is paid. They will threaten you with a bad DAC report if you fail to do as you are told. You will be told you were in a hole owing the company money from the previous week and will receive no pay for your work. (The company store scam). You are told you must pay taxes on the money paid the truck even though you were never paid a dime. This also known as Debt bondage, a practice used by many lease scams.

skeeterhoss in Shelburne, Vermont

41 months ago

I have 3 moving violations all in 2009 all non-cdl related (2 5mph or less, 1 10mph over) and the only cdl related where in 2008 I had 1 preventable, In 2007 I had 2 non preventable (no injuries, little damage, my truck needed tow, all non dot reportable).
Hardly any company will look at me and the ones that do look at me arent hiring in my area.
July 2008 was the last time i drove otr I and i would love nothing more but to get back out on the road again!
Ive tried werner, swift, cr england, and western express with no luck. I have about 3 years otr exp with covenant and werner and i also have my endorsements, I have held a cdl (either class a or b) for about 10 years now.
Any suggestions or advise or of any decent companies hiring otr or running 1-35 east in my area that might take a look at me or hire me?

michael in Corona, California

40 months ago

I am looking for a trucking company who sponsors someone with child support,I have been driving for over 20 yrs.This year 2010 I went to the D.M.V to renew my license I passed my C.D.L test.But when it was time to obtain my license the technician's reply was that I had a red flag,and could not obtain it.In 2003,I was driving O.T.R. married to my wife at that time and have two kids,I financially supported my family since we got married and my children were born(my kids are my life),in regards to wife's luxurious life style she decided to file child support against me while I was O.T.R.when I got home she started acting her peculiar,having late night outs,and getting strange phone calls at odd hours of the night.I soon came to find out by her mother and my mother that she was having an affair,we divorced soon after that.In just a few months(3-4months)after we divorced,she married that man,and I stayed single for several years,not trusting women,and being afraid of being hurt.She soon discovered he had been deceiving her,he was legally married to another woman,she divorced him.Since things didn't work out with her marriage,in the past she tried coercing me to get back together with her,I said "NO"because I could never trust her again.Since our divorce I made several attempts during the years,to see my children,during each year,including the holidays,I would take my employment checks and buy Christmas presents and planning to give her money for my children,followed by her "NO SHOWS",after she promised me to meet me at a designated time and place.My children are my responsibility and making sure she has enough financial support is my job.But working at these fly-by-night agencies that pay $8.00 min wage doesn't help.I became homeless in 2005 due to being garnished off of min wage,now I'm having a hard time finding employment(no one wants to hire me,because of being red flagged on my child support).Since this whole losing battle began,I tried to reason with her.

C.J. in Richmond, Virginia

40 months ago

Perkins Logistics & Specialized Transportation Delivering quality, value, and integrity At Perkins, our whole operation is client focused but not driver focused! You will never get paid if you work for these crooks

Gary in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

28 months ago

gwa0@hotmail.com,,,

i have 3 moving violations in 3 years of 15mph. no accidents, no tickets 2011 but i cant seem to nail a job, i have been turned down by warner and prime trucking. i need a trucking job now that hires recent graduates. plz help thanks

Gary in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

28 months ago

Richie in Glen Ridge, New Jersey said: Once you're down to 3 in 3 years, you can apply anywhere. If I come across anything I will let you know. I sending an application out tomorrow. If I get any hits, I will tell you... later

no i have 3 in 3 years an i have been getting turned down by warner an prime

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

27 months ago

Gary in Hoffman Estates, Illinois said: no i have 3 in 3 years an i have been getting turned down by warner an prime

I hate to rain on your parade but you're going to keep on getting turned down.Those violations are too soon to even consider hireing you,mainly for insurance reasons.Then all those violations has to be at least 3 yrs old.Some companies will go as far as 5 yrs old before considering you and you got 3 violations in 3 yrs thats even worse.Since you were driving 15 miles over the posted speed limit,you better find out if those moving violations are reckless charges.Reckless next to abadonment is the 2 worst things to have on your record.

gary in Mundelein, Illinois

25 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: I hate to rain on your parade but you're going to keep on getting turned down.Those violations are too soon to even consider hireing you,mainly for insurance reasons.Then all those violations has to be at least 3 yrs old.Some companies will go as far as 5 yrs old before considering you and you got 3 violations in 3 yrs thats even worse.Since you were driving 15 miles over the posted speed limit,you better find out if those moving violations are reckless charges.Reckless next to abadonment is the 2 worst things to have on your record.

no thier not reckless i still havent got any tickets 2011 or 2012 but im afraid to even try again. prime wants me but they cant cuz of insurance but that was in 2011 im gona go 2morrow to get my mvr and find out whats on there as i just got a ticket removed. hopefully i will have good news.

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

25 months ago

gary in Mundelein, Illinois said: no thier not reckless i still havent got any tickets 2011 or 2012 but im afraid to even try again. prime wants me but they cant cuz of insurance but that was in 2011 im gona go 2morrow to get my mvr and find out whats on there as i just got a ticket removed. hopefully i will have good news.
Sorry it's taken me so long replieing back.So any new updates on the job search?Hope good news.Everybody makes mistakes and deserves a second chance if offenses and tickets are'nt too severe,but unfortunately the trucking indistry does'nt see it that way and even more strict now then ever before.

tidus21221 in Round Lake, Illinois

24 months ago

wauconda,IL 60084. 22yr old 14 yr ride along exp thanks to my grandfather. lol. i messaged here b4 about tickets i have a update if anyone needs a driver and has an extra truck or any one knows where i can go for work i would appreciate it. i have two kids but i dont care if its local or otr i need a career now. i have a class with tanker doubles and tripples.

have the following listed: this is what us xpress sent me as they want me to come back in august because they only take 2 15mph tickets. but i need work now.

7/9/09 Speeding 15mph +
4/4/10 Speeding 15mph +
11/29/10 Suspension
2/18/10 Speeding 15mph +

i had one in 2011 but i just got it removed 2 months ago and i have proof. 4/24/2012 is the date

24 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Sorry it's taken me so long replieing back.So any new updates on the job search?Hope good news.Everybody makes mistakes and deserves a second chance if offenses and tickets are'nt too severe,but unfortunately the trucking indistry does'nt see it that way and even more strict now then ever before.

im under username tidus21221 this is gary let me know what u think. todays date is 4/24/2012

JamesModenJr in Memphis, Tennessee

24 months ago

Does the law still can let older trucks running? unless if they pass DOT req and in good condition? because i was prepare to get a 10 years old truck that sell low price and said it was good running truck for open on my own small trucking business, also i still have a 53 ft dryvan trlr that sitting beside me

gharris in Lithonia, Georgia

23 months ago

shadow in Wooster, Ohio said: Tony try Salson Logistics they are not the best company but it may get you back in the door. I had a rollover in 07 and a speeding ticket and I've been with them now 4 month's now. Heres my email kistlerbarry3@aol.com

Yea Salson is a decent company and they will work with you if you are a professional driver....

james morris in Grand Rapids, Michigan

22 months ago

im 23 and I have one speeding(+5)and one failure to stop in the last 2yrs... Will it be hard for me to find a CDL job.... The speeding ticket was in 2011 and the failure to stop was recent and i start CDL school on Monday

20 months ago

ok so i pulled my mvr record today an i got news the only thing on it is 2 tickets now both in 2010, for 15mph speeding. so i reaplied to western express cus they said as long as i only had 2 i was good, so i will update after i talk to them

Keith in Eclectic, Alabama

11 months ago

i got three speeding ticket 2my personal vehicle. 1 on the truck need to know if anybody know any company that will hire a driver with 3 speeding ticket

lcdreisch@hotmail.com in Bel Air, Maryland

10 months ago

DAVE in Whittier, California said: i have 4 on my DAC 3 of them are a year old and i have been looking for a job since march

In same boat no one will give me a job untill I lose 2 of them they will be off Feb 2014 other 2 by October 2014.I guess just wait it out, I know it is tough I have been out for over 2 years with no paycheck.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.