knight Transportation pay problems, trashing DAC, wrongful discharges,breakdown etc

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 91)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

darryl.norris@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

62 months ago

dianah657@yahoo.com in Mobile, Alabama said: hey c.battershell@comcast.net yea i worked for knight also, they put me in truck before getting drug test back. and well i did not pass now they have sunk my boat with dac also, will get on board with lawsuit,they should have never put me in trk. but they think they own everything and everyone. coure i will never drive again. but what the hell

i use to work for knight i had a girl in the trk in atl. on lay over she stole fuel cardabd got dr.idthe next morning i drop and hook came back to charlotte drop trl and went home for week end. i notice i card was missing monday morning the girl was fueling trks in atl that w-end knight put on my dac unauthorized Use of Company Funds. No one will hire me now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

josh10jet in Northridge, California

61 months ago

dianah657@yahoo.com in Mobile, Alabama said: hey c.battershell@comcast.net yea i worked for knight also, they put me in truck before getting drug test back. and well i did not pass now they have sunk my boat with dac also, will get on board with lawsuit,they should have never put me in trk. but they think they own everything and everyone. coure i will never drive again. but what the hell

You should not be allowed to drive tractor trailer if you can't pass a drug test you could kill someone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ladydragon9669

56 months ago

meant to edit this, I was asked to do the san francisco load with the promise that I was preassigned a load to get me home the next morning. Did not recieve any news of the preassigned after delivering to C&H. and of course, like most of the trucking companies out there, once its friday at 5pm, the driver doesnt exist anymore, and finding someone in the office after that time is like a blind man searching for a black cat in a dark room that isnt there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

POPMARTIAN

56 months ago

KNIGHT IS NOT FOR LONG HAUL DRIVERS!
The Home Town National Carrier will run you crazy with those 200-300 mile run which means you get 2000 miles for 6-8 loads....per week.
talk about sitting! 2 hours to get loaded 4 hours to drive to next stop 2 hours to unload then wait 2 hours for next load info. You have to drive 50 t0 75 miles to the next customer and start it all over. I have never worked so many hours up to 18 hours(falsified my log to show I only worked 14).

I gave them my 2 week notice and this is how they handled it.

They send me out on one long trip 1200 miles and did not get home for over 3 weeks (promised 2 weeks out 2 days off ). Pay Rate(.31 cpm X 1800 DIVIDED BY 60) is $10 bucks an hour. When I asked to go home he said sorry we don't have any freight go down south. But that was a lie, I talked to many drivers and although freight was slow there was always a load to Atlanta and or Memphis. They found a load from GA to LA then pre-planned a load on me to TX while I waiting for my load, I called them to tell them i was not available to handle the TX run, but the OP Manager would not take no for an answer an promised me a load home from Houston, Yea Right! But after having been out 24 days when I got to Gulf port I rechecked my hours and called dispatch and told them I couldn't run to houston, after I dropped in LA I called Phoenix and Gulf port terminal for an hour and got no answer from either, at that point I pulled the plug, drove my rig to Gulf port and emptied out the truck, After I got home they ripped me for not taking the planned load (which I agreed to under pressure)but had issues (HOS). I regretted having accepted the job from Knight.

NO LOAD/COMPANY IS WORTH LOSING YOUR CDL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fired in Yucaipa, California

54 months ago

Haveing this Lady in the position that she is in without any training was a big mistake. Any time that she can not do something as easy as pushing a few keys on a keyboard to find some paper work or has to pick up a phone, she puts it back on the Driver. When the driver sends the info again and again it seems that she can still not find paper work,and it's the Driver that ends up paying the price for her incompetence.This has been a problem from the first day that she got into this position.
Maybe she is the one that should be Fired.She is the one that can't do her job and not the Driver's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Coeburn, Virginia

53 months ago

bernardarafat@gmail.com in North Hollywood, California said: I was falseley accused of stealing $40,000 in fuel would like to seek legal remdeies?

Listen here it is your fault that the card was stolen if you had not picked up the lot lizard then this would not have happened LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

harleyis46 in middle point, Ohio

53 months ago

josh10jet in Northridge, California said: You should not be allowed to drive tractor trailer if you can't pass a drug test you could kill someone

well they should have not put you in a truck till after your test came back but you had to know that you couldnot pass the test anyway so its your own fault you can drive anymore

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

TruckerDelight in Charlotte, North Carolina

52 months ago

Well i just got hired on by knight and all i hear is good things about the company and on here its negative things but to be honest most of those things are you guys fault. Picking up a lot lizard= not smart and 1200 miles in over 3 weeks i hope u were broke down or something because thats rediculous, i can drive 1200 miles in 2 days easy. Never drive a truck over the road without any money or cash in your pocket period. Thats life, you gotta prepare yourself for the worse and count on the company to bail you out all the time. Its there truck but you are the driver and if you want to make money you gotta prepare yourself for the worst and stay a day ahead at all times because things happen and stop spending money on truck stop and lot lizards and you will make money. .31cents per mile is damn good to start at a company and all i hear excuses. I just left a company that was paying us 10 cents per mile and i still was making money because i know how to spend my money and prepare. But damn im glad im out of that rat hole lol...im free lol. I hope it works out for everyone and me, god bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

50 months ago

TruckerDelight in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Well i just got hired on by knight and all i hear is good things about the company and on here its negative things but to be honest most of those things are you guys fault. Picking up a lot lizard= not smart and 1200 miles in over 3 weeks i hope u were broke down or something because thats rediculous, i can drive 1200 miles in 2 days easy. Never drive a truck over the road without any money or cash in your pocket period. Thats life, you gotta prepare yourself for the worse and count on the company to bail you out all the time. Its there truck but you are the driver and if you want to make money you gotta prepare yourself for the worst and stay a day ahead at all times because things happen and stop spending money on truck stop and lot lizards and you will make money. .31cents per mile is damn good to start at a company and all i hear excuses. I just left a company that was paying us 10 cents per mile and i still was making money because i know how to spend my money and prepare. But damn im glad im out of that rat hole lol...im free lol. I hope it works out for everyone and me, god bless.

You are free until your first minor incident, then your
out! I got fired for bending a lic plate on a car. I got
fired for bending a bumper on my trailer...this is what
I have been reading lately...is the trucking industry
gotten this tight over the last few years?

one little fault and your gone...

you call that freedom?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

50 months ago

DAC is nothing more then a play toy for the trucking
industry...they can say whatever the hell they want
on your dac...trucking compaines subscribe (pay) for
this service, so they can say just about anything..
its up to you (the driver) to prove otherwise...

Personally, I think dac should be done away with..but
then again, whats the point, the company that sent
over bad info to dac will just send the same bad
info the new company that you want to go with...and
guess who they will believe?

Dac is only good if you have honest compaines
reporting too them, but a company can say
just about whatever they want...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

unemployed911 in Anaheim, California

46 months ago

I was hired by Knight also back in Aug. 2009, had incident and was not my fault, another driver pulled into parking lot as I was pulling out, could not see him pulling in. I was already into my wide left turn, and the SOB pulled so close to me on the right side, my right rear trailer clipped his tractor. Stupid Ass, and I was let go. Another thing, it's amazing how they can have trucking dispatchers tell you, how, when, where, to do ur job, then tell you how to drive and operate your truck, and they DO NOT HOLD A CDL, OR HAVE NEVER BEEN BEHIND THE WHEEL. Maybe they need to get out and see and experience the elements of trucking. You have a load, they pay a lumper 300.00 to unload your truck, ok thats fine, but if you get a ASHLEY Furniture, they don't pay you any lumper fees, because you have to unload it yourself. THAT SUCKS, you may get an extra $10.00 to unload that whole trailer. Yes they mucked up my DAC report also. So with this, I'm screwed. Hows this, whenever Knight gets new Tractors in, they have the APU's removed from the tractors. Guess they don't the drivers to be comfortable in the bad weather elements,so you can freeze your balls off in the winter or cook in the desert heat. So why do they take comfort away from drivers?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I am available to drive your rig, (legally), I live in Southern California, experienced in 10 speed, or super 10, Volvo, Kenworth, Petes, Dry van, but will learn Refer if you will show me the ropes. I am DRUG free, and plan on staying that way. I am 54 yrs of age, and have lots of common sense, I am worth talking to. email Pete92808@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

darryl.norris@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i use to work for knight i had a girl in the trk in atl. on lay over she stole fuel cardabd got dr.idthe next morning i drop and hook came back to charlotte drop trl and went home for week end. i notice i card was missing monday morning the girl was fueling trks in atl that w-end knight put on my dac unauthorized Use of Company Funds. No one will hire me now.

Hope that piece of ass was worth it, LOT LIZARDS are usually infected, AIDS is a lifetime Death Sentence, or STD'S you take home to your wife, girlfriend, then how do you explain that to your loved one? Keep the LIZARDS out of the trucks.

IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOUR 5 MINUTES OF A GOODTIME, COST YOU YOUR JOB, U ASKED FOR IT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

46 months ago

Steve said: I worked for Knight in 2004. I left due to being forced to take a load to LA. I was told I could beat hurricane Katrina I said i dont think so, i took truck to terminal and left it.
Six yrs later after applying for jobs, I was turned down had no accidents or tickets, was told it was due to information on my DAC,
so I requested my DAC finding out that terminal manager put derrogatory info on my DAC.
I contacted Knight and all I got was the run around,he put i violated company policy, no show, unauthorized use of company funds,and personal contact requested. Now I cannot get another trucking job until this is wiped away which is a total of 10 yrs.
I told them If they do not remove it I will get an attorney and fight it, they told me go ahead we will tie it up in court for yrs. costing me money. I cannot believe they can do practice like this I will never refer anyone to Knight, they are a lousy company.

I tried three different times to drive for Knight. If you're working from the Phoenix terminal, and live in the Southwest you might find them to be a decent company. However, my first full year with them I grossed a whopping $17,000, and was gone all the time. I worked from the Gulfport, MS terminal, and it was a nightmare. They deserve to face criminal charges for the way they run that place. And they will lie like the devil himself on your DAC. They're also the only trucking company I've ever heard of that charges for drivers for orientation. Everyone else PAYS drivers for orientation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

46 months ago

TruckerDelight in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Well i just got hired on by knight and all i hear is good things about the company and on here its negative things but to be honest most of those things are you guys fault. Picking up a lot lizard= not smart and 1200 miles in over 3 weeks i hope u were broke down or something because thats rediculous, i can drive 1200 miles in 2 days easy. Never drive a truck over the road without any money or cash in your pocket period. Thats life, you gotta prepare yourself for the worse and count on the company to bail you out all the time. Its there truck but you are the driver and if you want to make money you gotta prepare yourself for the worst and stay a day ahead at all times because things happen and stop spending money on truck stop and lot lizards and you will make money. .31cents per mile is damn good to start at a company and all i hear excuses. I just left a company that was paying us 10 cents per mile and i still was making money because i know how to spend my money and prepare. But damn im glad im out of that rat hole lol...im free lol. I hope it works out for everyone and me, god bless.

Hope you're doing well with KT in Charlotte. But I challenge you to stay a day ahead with a company that perpetually sends you the dispatch that's already behind schedule in a 62 mph truck. And good luck getting anyone of those chuckleheads in dispatch or load planning to comprehend HOS regulations. My last month with Knight they kept me out for three weeks and I earned a total of $211. I've worked for a REAL trucking company also. Was preplanned 90% of the time, was always brought home exactly when scheduled, drove during the day, slept at night, and could live like a human. I averaged $1200 per week. I have documentation to prove it all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

berniemack in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

Thanks my experince with Bhandal Bros. was terrible I was not paid for my last 2 weeks of employment then terminated and falsely acussed of stealing $40,000 in fule,currently sueing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

berniemack in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

Thanks thats good to hear, I haven't been able to get hired since being terminated an falsely accused of stealing $40,000 in fuel.Will follow info on that web site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JBooser in Waldorf, Maryland

45 months ago

All of you sound like me. Does anybody regret you ever got your CDL and experimented truck driving and wish you never did it? I think about it all the time. I used to work for Delta when I went to school to get my CDL (1st mistake). I remember 4 or 5 different occurances I wanted to drop out of the course, but I was hard-headed enough to stick it out (2nd mistake). And then the 3rd and biggest mistake of my life was the day I quit to try out this lousy, low-life profession called truck driving. If I would've never quit I'd still have a job. How do I know this? Because in March I saw one of the guys I used to work with and they're all still there. Right now I'd be making as much with them as I was truck driving. I'd be making close to $15/hr and getting home everyday.

To me, truck driving is screwed up. I believe the reason why the industry is in so much pressure is because of the schools and the companies. The schools don't tell nobody what truck driving is really about. Over +90% of the people going to school to get their CDL don't know what they're really getting themselves into. They just see the potential money earnings and their eyes light up like lightbulbs and they don't look at the whole picture. 2nd is the companies lie and treat their drivers like crap. No wonder why the industry has an average turnover rate of 130%. What really upsets me is when I see younger people that are 21-25 years old getting into this. Unlike drivers from the 70's, 80's and early 90's, there's so much more available today to making good money and they don't require college. I know somebody who's training to be an electrician and he makes about $50,000 as a journeyman/apprentice. When he's done with school it'll go up to about $60-65,000 and gets home everyday and gets paid for everything he does and overtime. Does truck driving do that-NOPE! Truck driving is the lowest paying trade compared to anything else when you consider the amount of hours you put in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fran in Berkeley, Illinois

45 months ago

You call that making money, .31 per mile 600 miles= 186.00 a day for 12 hours work. Thats not making money. If I work 12 hours a day local I make $348 a day and I go home at between 4 and 6 oclock every night weekends off. WHEN In THE HELL ARE YOU OVER THE ROAD GUYS GONNA WAKE UP AND GET A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT. I also get insurance paid for my family and a pension paid. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO HAVE A LIFE, LET ME KNOW!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Johnboy, De Kalb, IL

45 months ago

Fran in Berkeley, Illinois said: You call that making money, .31 per mile 600 miles= 186.00 a day for 12 hours work. Thats not making money. If I work 12 hours a day local I make $348 a day and I go home at between 4 and 6 oclock every night weekends off. WHEN In THE HELL ARE YOU OVER THE ROAD GUYS GONNA WAKE UP AND GET A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT. I also get insurance paid for my family and a pension paid. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO HAVE A LIFE, LET ME KNOW!!!

So what you're saying is that we OTR guys need to get together, unionize and fight the "man"... that sounds great, and in theory would make things a heck of a lot better when it comes to wages and benefits... but the fight just to get the drivers in a company to organize is uphill and difficult at best. First, companies expect this kind of "trouble" and have the number of several union busting organizations at their disposal that excel at intimidation and pretty much straight out misleading the workers. The other thing that shoots this idea down is the fact that the government has some really menial fines for those companies that fire workers who want to organize and they are more than willing to pay out just to make a point. Yeah, card check legislation sounded great, but the bill is already in revision and most of those great protections that were added to it more than likely won't survive the senator's/representative's pens. The best course of action would probably be for the unions already in place (and as a union member, you probably already know that only about 9% of working class americans are unionized at present time.. my fiance WAS in a union in a nursing home that was recently broken.. don't need to even tell you how they did that, promises made and such and they took it hook line and sinker) is for those unions to hold on tooth and nail and maybe THEY need to start canvassing and getting their message out to the non-union drivers like they USED TO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KnightDriver in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

The Guy who said he makes 348 a day is a damn lier. Thats 83000 a year, there's no local job paying that. cut it out with the bull.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Berkeley, California

44 months ago

KnightDriver in Charlotte, North Carolina said: The Guy who said he makes 348 a day is a damn lier. Thats 83000 a year, there's no local job paying that. cut it out with the bull.
I don't know about him, but my local job pays 70k-80k a year it just depends on how much I want to work on a given day. Here is a break down for you. I make 24.50 a hour at 8 hour that is 196 a day. We work 4 10 hour shifts, plus it's time and a half after 8 so you add another 73.75 per day now your at 269.75 per day. Now if you work the 5th day of the week it's time and a half and that's 367.50 a day. Now for the 4 days it's 1079 + the 5th day at 367.50 comes out to 1446.50 per week. Working 50 weeks a year brings your base salary to 72325. Then there many days where you might work 12-14 hours, anything over 12 becomes double time and this is how my local job pays 70-80k a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

madwilliam in De Kalb, Illinois

44 months ago

Yeah, it's true that there are decent paying local jobs.. I was running intermodal containers NON UNION and made 60,000 a year hourly pay till I got laid off, and I know others in non-union and union jobs running local who do even better than that.. KnightDriver from Charlotte, It all depends on LOCATION. Chicago area jobs are higher paying.. but the cost of living is much higher than where you are. Same with L.A. However, when you're laid off, and you need to work, you take what you can get.. and I currently run for Knight. Could've done a whole lot worse. And yes, the pay isn't the greatest.. you can believe I will shag outta here as soon as I can land something better.. but my kids are fed, and between my wife and I we can make ends meet. Just thankful I found something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Berry in Lockhart, Texas

44 months ago

Steve said: I worked for Knight in 2004. I left due to being forced to take a load to LA. I was told I could beat hurricane Katrina I said i dont think so, i took truck to terminal and left it.
Six yrs later after applying for jobs, I was turned down had no accidents or tickets, was told it was due to information on my DAC,
so I requested my DAC finding out that terminal manager put derrogatory info on my DAC.
I contacted Knight and all I got was the run around,he put i violated company policy, no show, unauthorized use of company funds,and personal contact requested. Now I cannot get another trucking job until this is wiped away which is a total of 10 yrs.
I told them If they do not remove it I will get an attorney and fight it, they told me go ahead we will tie it up in court for yrs. costing me money. I cannot believe they can do practice like this I will never refer anyone to Knight, they are a lousy company.

Yeah, all trucking companies are like this. I don't understand how an industry can survive treating their workforce this badly. It is an industry wide thing, not just one company. Think of the money the trucking companies spend hiring new drivers and then firing drivers who make mistakes, instead of calling in the drivers and correcting the mistakes. This is why the turnover rate is so high in the trucking industry. I am a former driver who made a company policy mistake which could have been handled by a one week suspension without pay or a second go round of orientation. Instead, they fired me and put it on my DAC and I cannot get hired by any other company now. I am a good driver in all respects, but made a company policy mistake and it's all over. Well, okay, if that's how they want to run their screwed up industry, then go ahead. I'm driving buses now and it sure is more regular with real people in the business and less stress than working for lousy trucking companies. So, to hell with the trucking industry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

The guy you wish you were in Vero Beach, Florida

44 months ago

harleyis46 in middle point, Ohio said: well they should have not put you in a truck till after your test came back but you had to know that you couldnot pass the test anyway so its your own fault you can drive anymore

Every drug has its own time limit from the last time you used it. You never know how soon you can be clean. But like myself I stop smoking pot the second I started the class and its been years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justice46732@yahoo.com in Franklin Park, Illinois

42 months ago

Paystubs to prove it im union 29.00 per hour thats 43.50 per hour overtime after 40 hours do the math

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jeremiah in Ontario, California

42 months ago

what truck do you have.(i like this company).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeremiah in Ontario, California

42 months ago

i like this company so what trucks do you guys have...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

It's a Teamster Union company, That's the prvailing wage in the Chicago area. any teamster company pays like this. The whole country needs to go union, But they won't the drivers in this country have no balls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

It's a Teamster Union company, That's the prvailing wage in the Chicago area. any teamster company pays like this. The whole country needs to go union, But they won't the drivers in this country have no balls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

madwilliam in dekalb, il

42 months ago

too funny.. you're getting "no balls" and "gotcha by the balls" confused.. oh well. most of us would love the pay, benies and protection a union affords it's members. but try saying that word around a knight (or any other "big" companies yard) and find yourself escorted out and blacklisted from the industry. no job, no wages.. no wages, no food or new shoes for the wife and babies back home. can we who live check to check afford a legal battle and trying to find a new line of work in the current recession/depression? it answers itself. no unity in our field because they have us divided.. and the ones that aren't divided, the 15% or so that are unionized or higher paid owner ops (and the o/o's are facing their own challenges keeping their heads above water) are arrogant to all the rest on a regular basis. where are the teamsters of old, picketting the non-union outfits, sending organizers to spread their message?

42 months ago

I'm not saying no one has any balls. I ment most have no balls. Where are the teamsters of old? The teamsters are the members, you can all become members throught unity, everyone on the same page, pulling in the same direction. Knight has no say so in the matter! it's up to the employees if they want to be union. Its against the law to for a company to stop that. OK, so now what you all decide to go union and your company threatens they are going to go out of business. They all said that, is a bunch of crap, and if they did go out of business so what, the big union companies will be there to take the work, and guess what? where will you be getting your next job with an inncrease in pay. Thats how it works, but for it to work that way, you need everybody to unite.

madwilliam in dekalb, il in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

42 months ago

you're absolutely right... on most of it. The quality of drivers is a major problem when it comes to pushing the unity issue as the educational requirements in the trade are minimal or really non-existent. To put it simply, dey don no dey're bein' bamboozled.. even when it's right under THEIR NOSE. The trucking companies make money hand over fist and have no intention whatsoever in sharing that with their drivers, let alone even accurately making their true earnings public. It is NOT against the law for a company to fight unionization, but the methods it uses are quite often.. but it's a long and tedious path for most, and most can't wait the months and sometimes YEARS waiting for a judge to reinstate (or just award back pay) to fired workers who attempted to unionize and were fired for a myriad of reasons, not all related to their organizing activities.. but that's the real reason. Harder still is finding an attorney who will even take this kind of case, even the ones who specialize in this area. Then you have the organizations that companies like Wallyworld employ to "edumacate" the working masses that unions are evil and will destroy the "special relationship" that they have between the workers and management.. like the Burke Group, and many like them. Professionals at intimidation and deception. ANY company has a say in their business matters.. it's how they handle it that potentially demonizes them. On the subject of increases of pay... Knight is a performance for pay company. Making deliveries on time, increasing fuel mileage by not idling or winding the engine up to the point of blowing it, those are things that most companies want to see. And those achievements are met by higher pay.. what is it now, 500 miles or over pays .37 CPM at this point topped out? And you have to be with the company for years before that happens? Unity.. not likely unless the Teamsters make themselves visable, put their collective feet down and show they are still viable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jeepfish39@yahoo.com in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

i worked for knight i had no proumbes with themmy driver manger dennis is oneof the best i ever had i just wish the y would pay 40 per mile across the board this pay i dont like at all the more u run the less u get payed i just dont get it.wish it would be different just wish i could stay i just need to get out of the tk

jeepfish39@yahoo.com in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

i worked for knight i had no proumbes with themmy driver manger dennis is oneof the best i ever had i just wish the y would pay 40 per mile across the board this pay i dont like at all the more u run the less u get payed i just dont get it.wish it would be different just wish i could stay i just need to get out of the tk

JsrSgtSwift in Napa, California

41 months ago

HEY, HEY, HEY (said like Fat Albert & The Green Hornet): CHECK THIS OUT; BHANDAL BROTHERS TRUCKING Just Killed 2 More People (the 2 for 1 special; and we know LEO likes to give out THOSE ILLEGAL DISPATCHES while the blood is dripping from his and Manny Bhandal's hands, 1 UP FOR THE RAPING-THIEVES?). Big MONTERREY HERALD ARTICLE: "WOMAN, BOY DIE IN CRASH" 11-6-10 @ 0144 am PDT www.montereyherald.com/ci_[YOU MUST ENTER HERE (remove brackets, no spaces) ONE SIX FIVE FOUR ONE FIVE ZERO FIVE]?source=most_viewed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

userace2498 in Rome, Georgia

41 months ago

I had a problem with one of the drivers he is a rel smart a** drives bad and will give you his name

bill in Rienzi, Mississippi

41 months ago

POPMARTIAN said: KNIGHT IS NOT FOR LONG HAUL DRIVERS!
The Home Town National Carrier will run you crazy with those 200-300 mile run which means you get 2000 miles for 6-8 loads....per week.
talk about sitting! 2 hours to get loaded 4 hours to drive to next stop 2 hours to unload then wait 2 hours for next load info. You have to drive 50 t0 75 miles to the next customer and start it all over. I have never worked so many hours up to 18 hours(falsified my log to show I only worked 14).

They send me out on one long trip 1200 miles and did not get home for over 3 weeks (promised 2 weeks out 2 days off ). Pay Rate(.31 cpm X 1800 DIVIDED BY 60) is $10 bucks an hour. When I asked to go home he said sorry we don't have any freight go down south. But that was a lie, I talked to many drivers and although freight was slow there was always a load to Atlanta and or Memphis. They found a load from GA to LA then pre-planned a load on me to TX while I waiting for my load, I called them to tell them i was not available to handle the TX run, but the OP Manager would not take no for an answer an promised me a load home from Houston, Yea Right! But after having been out 24 days when I got to Gulf port I rechecked my hours and called dispatch and told them I couldn't run to houston, after I dropped in LA I called Phoenix and Gulf port terminal for an hour and got no answer from either, at that point I pulled the plug, drove my rig to Gulf port and emptied out the truck, After I got home they ripped me for not taking the planned load (which I agreed to under pressure)but had issues (HOS). I regretted having accepted the job from Knight.

how can u falsify electronic long i dont think that is possible every body over there is on electric logs

bill in Rienzi, Mississippi

41 months ago

POPMARTIAN said: KNIGHT IS NOT FOR LONG HAUL DRIVERS!

how can you falsify logs when all Knight trucks have eletronic log.

mackdoggy1 in Charlotte, North Carolina

40 months ago

Bob in Coeburn, Virginia said: Listen here it is your fault that the card was stolen if you had not picked up the lot lizard then this would not have happened LOL

WHAT!!?? you got ripped off by a lot lizard? I would have never guessed it! Don't forget to stop by the health dept,next time try hand loads.

slingblade in fresno, California

40 months ago

JsrSgtSwift in Napa, California said: HEY, HEY, HEY (said like Fat Albert & The Green Hornet): CHECK THIS OUT; BHANDAL BROTHERS TRUCKING Just Killed 2 More People (the 2 for 1 special; and we know LEO likes to give out THOSE ILLEGAL DISPATCHES while the blood is dripping from his and Manny Bhandal's hands, 1 UP FOR THE RAPING-THIEVES?). Big MONTERREY HERALD ARTICLE: "WOMAN, BOY DIE IN CRASH" 11-6-10 @ 0144 am PDT www.montereyherald.com/ci_ [YOU MUST ENTER HERE (remove brackets, no spaces) ONE SIX FIVE FOUR ONE FIVE ZERO FIVE]?source=most_viewed

These fools dumped me for no reason, the cowards will not call or respond when request the reason...was said to be quality driver then boom...think I may have some good doo doo on em now, I see I am not alone!

slingblade in fresno, California

40 months ago

JsrSgtSwift in Napa, California said: HEY, HEY, HEY (said like Fat Albert & The Green Hornet): CHECK THIS OUT; BHANDAL BROTHERS TRUCKING Just Killed 2 More People (the 2 for 1 special; and we know LEO likes to give out THOSE ILLEGAL DISPATCHES while the blood is dripping from his and Manny Bhandal's hands, 1 UP FOR THE RAPING-THIEVES?). Big MONTERREY HERALD ARTICLE: "WOMAN, BOY DIE IN CRASH" 11-6-10 @ 0144 am PDT www.montereyherald.com/ci_ [YOU MUST ENTER HERE (remove brackets, no spaces) ONE SIX FIVE FOUR ONE FIVE ZERO FIVE]?source=most_viewed

Whats the latest...I am guessing I am their latest victim, not sure! They do not let me know where I stand??? Doesn't look good though, someone falsely reported me as "terminated" on my DAK....think its them, thats okay though...Hope I am wrong .....but do have some dirt of my own to sweep into the room! Hope to hear a response ...best of luck!

Oly4 in Elk Grove, California

38 months ago

The guy you wish you were in Vero Beach, Florida said: Every drug has its own time limit from the last time you used it. You never know how soon you can be clean. But like myself I stop smoking pot the second I started the class and its been years.

What about priscrption meds like vicodin. What if the dr. script you vicodin prior to you becomming a driver? does knight do Hair folicul tests? This could stop you cold proir to getting into a truck.

john garfield in Ontario, California

36 months ago

darryl.norris@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i use to work for knight i had a girl in the trk in atl. on lay over she stole fuel cardabd got dr.idthe next morning i drop and hook came back to charlotte drop trl and went home for week end. i notice i card was missing monday morning the girl was fueling trks in atl that w-end knight put on my dac unauthorized Use of Company Funds. No one will hire me now.
Girl in the truck, went home for weekend to the little lady?. Theres no reward for being stupid.

busyboy in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

thats all yall guys do is bict about the f up you did and blame it on the company.....wow...why would you cheat on mama if she trust you to get out here and do ya job. Now look at you.(i aint never) I work for kt and I make good money and be hm for the weekend. 1th. Stop hanging around them ppl who always talk bad all the time 2th run ur truck like a business not a job (company or not) 3th find god and let him slap you with some holyness ...(gone)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

samspyder in West Jordan, Utah

29 months ago

berniemack in Los Angeles, California said: Thanks my experince with Bhandal Bros. was terrible I was not paid for my last 2 weeks of employment then terminated and falsely acussed of stealing $40,000 in fule,currently sueing.

at least they cant accuse you of knowing how to spell.

Dry Van in Hilliard, Ohio

28 months ago

darryl.norris@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: ...i had a girl... [that] stole [my] fuel card...i notice card was missing monday morning [and] the girl was fueling trks in atl that w-end knight put on my dac unauthorized Use of Company Funds. No one will hire me now.

Did you report card stolen AS SOON AS YOU NOTICED IT WAS GONE?? To the company?? To card provider??

Did you call the police and report theft immediately?? Complete with follow up calls to prosecutors office?? Did you push for prosecution??

If you DID NOT do ALL those things listed above then you are going to have a difficult time disputing any of the claims the company makes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dry Van in Hilliard, Ohio

28 months ago

I am not trying to be a D!@K here; I am hoping others learn from your misfortune.

When a company issues a driver a Comdata card, or any other, they do so with the belief that you will protect it responsibly and with due diligence. If you did not protect it from theft, if you did not keep control of it, if you did not ensure it was shut off when missing, then you did not behave responsibly.

When I am on the road, both as a solo or team, I keep my wallet in my possession one hundred percent of the time; even while sleeping. My wallet is my lifeline. If my wallet and its contents come up missing I cannot do anything. I cannot drive, I cannot even eat. Not having my license card and my current physical card in my immediate possession prohibits me from legally operating the truck.

Continued... If it is winter time and I am in the North I will have no place warm to sleep. For example, no fuel card = no fuel = no engine running = no heat = frozen driver. Also, no wallet = no money = hotel = frozen driver. In addition, no wallet = no money = no food = starving driver.

So after being frozen and starved to death I will also be unemployable.

Unless the girl put a gun to your head and took card, then I'm sorry, you failed to meet the minimum standard of control.

I agree, it is a $#!TTY deal.. but it is yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

slingblade in Fresno, California

28 months ago

SOUNDS TO ME THAT THIS "GIRL" WAS JUUUUUSSSST A BIT SMARTER THAN THE DRIVER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chop in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

He's not telling the.truth how she got his.driver code and miles off his dash another lying trk driver

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.