orientation at swift

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

rick in Jacksonville, Florida

64 months ago

can anyone tell me what to expect at orientation for swift i am a recent grad and have been looking for a job for three months and swift is sending me to orientation would like to know what will happen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Four One Five in Sylmar, California

64 months ago

Orientation is 4 days of 6 hour classes at Swift. I was hired by Swift after finishing school in 2004 so this is 2004 information. Tuesday you fill out lots and lots of paperwork, take a drug test, watch a video, and get assigned a Motel room with a roommate. Wednesday and Thursday are classroom as Swift tells you about their Company, Safety Issues, low-level maintainance video, etc. Friday if you passed the drug test, you will take a drive test where it will be decided if you need a trainer. If you are fresh out of school, you will need a trainer. That's basically it, they move you out of the Motel Friday morning and you either go out with a trainer or you go home until they can find you someone to ride with. Just so you know, Swift has a reputation of being the worst place for a professional driver so stay with them for only a year and take that year experience to someone more reputable. Swift is a jump-off point, not a company to stay with unless you like being treated like a number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

scout in Richmond, Virginia

49 months ago

rick in Jacksonville, Florida said: can anyone tell me what to expect at orientation for swift i am a recent grad and have been looking for a job for three months and swift is sending me to orientation would like to know what will happen

i just finished swift orientation today in richmond virginia ...stayed in hotel for three nights ...attended class for 3 days ...watched a bunch of videos ...filled out some paperwork ..and then went to the house to wait on trainer ...should be a couple of days ...good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Tucson, Arizona

49 months ago

I just wasted time with Swift in Phoenix and they wont take anyone with any prior convictions of any kind {ie} misdemeanor or felony. I had A misdemeanor about twelve years ago and they turned me down after I was there for two days.Also expect to fill out all necessary paoer work because they dont fill out anything that they are supposed to. They dont pay you for orientation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

49 months ago

Tim in Tucson, Arizona said: I just wasted time with Swift in Phoenix and they wont take anyone with any prior convictions of any kind {ie} misdemeanor or felony. I had A misdemeanor about twelve years ago and they turned me down after I was there for two days.Also expect to fill out all necessary paoer work because they dont fill out anything that they are supposed to. They dont pay you for orientation.

Try getting your record expunged. U get one chance to expunge your record and they only let u get rid of one case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T-bone in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Four One Five in Sylmar, California said: Orientation is 4 days of 6 hour classes at Swift. I was hired by Swift after finishing school in 2004 so this is 2004 information. Tuesday you fill out lots and lots of paperwork, take a drug test, watch a video, and get assigned a Motel room with a roommate. Wednesday and Thursday are classroom as Swift tells you about their Company, Safety Issues, low-level maintainance video, etc. Friday if you passed the drug test, you will take a drive test where it will be decided if you need a trainer. If you are fresh out of school, you will need a trainer. That's basically it, they move you out of the Motel Friday morning and you either go out with a trainer or you go home until they can find you someone to ride with. Just so you know, Swift has a reputation of being the worst place for a professional driver so stay with them for only a year and take that year experience to someone more reputable. Swift is a jump-off point, not a company to stay with unless you like being treated like a number.

hi im t-bone just wondering how a drugscreen is done @ swift what to expect @ orientation if u can give me some incite i would appreciated. to contact me, u can reply to me my email williamt7@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mcknight729 in Springfield, Illinois

30 months ago

can anyone tell me about swift intermodal dedicated from chicago to St. Louis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

samp in Brooklet, Georgia

28 months ago

do swift do another background check at orientation? They had me to sign disclosure forms for dmv record and background check before coming to orientation...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

samp in Brooklet, Georgia

28 months ago

I was told that all was clear on background check ..yet I had a misdemeanor that I told her about...obviously she didn't find it...it is very old about 12 yr ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ibered38

18 months ago

mic[QUOTE who="T-bone in Bloomsburg, t-b u can give me some incite i would appreciated. to contact me, u can reply to me my email t7@yahoo.comThey watch u pee i would appreciated. to contact me, u can reply to me my email williamt7@yahoo.com

They watch you pee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ibered38

18 months ago

They watch u pee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.