star transportation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

mike in jacksonville, fl

75 months ago

any one who has ever worked for star transportation out of nashville please give me some feedback on your experience, as I am getting ready to go to drive for them...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

star driver in Nashville, Tennessee

73 months ago

DATE LINE...STAR TRANSPORTATION DECMEMBER 19, 2008… Effective January 1, 2009, Star Transportation will implement a new policy to reduce idle time. All tractors will have a standard of 30% idle time or less. Any idle time over 30% will be charged back to the driver at 3.00 per hour...Bill Harris v.p operations....... What? Is this just a cruel Christmas gag? It can’t be a Christmas bonus that ended years ago when our small dash stick-on calendar was cut out. So my friend that means if you drive 10 hours you now have been awarded 3 hours for heating your truck! Per day you might ask? No that’s 3 hours for the next 2 or 3 days, when you hopefully will get another load on the way for your impressive 1200 mile payday. Fuel at 2.50 a gallon and our trucks using less than a gallon an hour, this seems to be the best money making plot coming out of the “NASHVILLE BRAIN TRUST” in some time. This is the most arrogant RIPOFF I’ve heard in the trucking industry, charging a driver laid over or a driver on his 10 break 3.00 per hour for heat. We all know the parent company of Star is covenant transport “ripping off their employees must be their true covenant” a company with a reputation of a wet turd. It is whispered in warm halls of Nashville the next scheme is renting the driver the steering wheel. Oh yeah I almost forgot: STAR TRANSPORTATION IS NOW HIRING EXPERENCE DRIVERS AND TRAINEES… ask for bill…..p.s. please bring loads of blankets and your own dash calendar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mica_p45 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

73 months ago

I am in driving school now at CDI.I have had a DWI back in '99' they told me that it was no problem and I would have a job by the end of traing.They sent out all the applications we filled out the first day of class.The next day they gave us paperwork saying the carriers had gotten are apps.I started making phone calls and three quarters of the carries didnt have me on file,and some said they wouldnt even hire me because of the DWI.That is not what I was told by the recuiters.I live close to Nashville where Star is located,and was considering going with them or maybe Covenant since they are in Tennessee.Im starting to wonder about all of this crap,the schools,companies,and recuiters.I had a feeling this was all to good to be true,and I should have known.Every person in my class had to come up with co-signers,including me and some guys in their 50's who im sure Qualify for a freaking 6,000 dollar loan.Four people had to leave class because their co-signers were not good enough.That's a new one on me.So if there is anybody out there with some advice or imformation that will help that would be great.Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

As covenant’s good book says “seek and ye shall find”. Google this noble god fearing company, “COVENANT TRANSPORT” and then search variants like “covenant su*ks” or ripoff” etc and you may find postings that should lead to the best answers. From whom you may ask, past and present covenant/Star employees. Before being acquired by covenant transport group a couple of years ago, Star Transportation of Nashville was a great place to work and drive. Now my retort is like the old proverb which says “I would rather my sister work in a wh*re house, than my brother driving for covenant transport group”... Or the short answer HECK NO.
A X- (Long time) STAR TRANSPORTATION DRIVER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

NWEBB47634@GMAIL.COM in Evansville, Indiana

73 months ago

mike in jacksonville, fl said: any one who has ever worked for star transportation out of nashville please give me some feedback on your experience, as I am getting ready to go to drive for them...thanks

IM SORRY GUY BUT U REALLY DONT WANT TO WORK FOR STAR. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN WITH THEM FOR 1 1/2 WKS AND HAS ONLY GOTTEN 1100 MLS. HE HAS BEEN SITTING IN ATLANTA WAITING ON A LOAD FOR 3 DAYS. HE CALLED THIS AM AND TOLD ME THERE WHERE ABOUT 50 STAR TRUCKS WAITING.
ALSO, THEIR TRUCKS ARE NOT 2 YEARS OLD. HE HAS BEEN DRIVING 15 YEARS AND THIS IS THE WORSTE TRUCK HE HAS EVER DRIVEN. NO POWER - HE HAS TO USE EATHER EVERY TIME HE WANTS TO START IT AND EVERYONE PASSES HIM.
THEY ALSO WANT TO CHARGE YOU $3.00 AN HOUR FOR IDLEING EVEN THOUGH IT IS WINTER. PLEASE THINK ABOUT GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU GET STUCK OUT THERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

NWEBB47634@GMAIL.COM in Evansville, Indiana said: IM SORRY GUY BUT U REALLY DONT WANT TO WORK FOR STAR. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN WITH THEM FOR 1 1/2 WKS AND HAS ONLY GOTTEN 1100 MLS. HE HAS BEEN SITTING IN ATLANTA WAITING ON A LOAD FOR 3 DAYS. HE CALLED THIS AM AND TOLD ME THERE WHERE ABOUT 50 STAR TRUCKS WAITING.
ALSO, THEIR TRUCKS ARE NOT 2 YEARS OLD. HE HAS BEEN DRIVING 15 YEARS AND THIS IS THE WORSTE TRUCK HE HAS EVER DRIVEN. NO POWER - HE HAS TO USE EATHER EVERY TIME HE WANTS TO START IT AND EVERYONE PASSES HIM.
THEY ALSO WANT TO CHARGE YOU $3.00 AN HOUR FOR IDLEING EVEN THOUGH IT IS WINTER. PLEASE THINK ABOUT GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU GET STUCK OUT THERE.

In all years with Star my truck was always taken care of by the great Nashville Shop. Star Transportation is getting their marching orders from covenant. Search “covenant transport” and you see the same protest by the Star transportation drivers. Freight is very slow which means a lot of sitting around. So how can anyone stand pay a rip-off fee of 3.00 per hour for heat/ac.
X-Star Driver

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

springtime in Hughes Springs, Texas

73 months ago

RE: STAR TRANSPORTATION/COVENANT...OH MY GOSH...I did not realize the seriousness of the situation you must deal with now. How soon these Trucking companies seem to forget about all the hard work and extra favors you did for them when economic times were good. Why can't they stand by you when time are bad??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

devildogg_ar15 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

73 months ago

NWEBB47634@GMAIL.COM in Evansville, Indiana said: IM SORRY GUY BUT U REALLY DONT WANT TO WORK FOR STAR. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN WITH THEM FOR 1 1/2 WKS AND HAS ONLY GOTTEN 1100 MLS. HE HAS BEEN SITTING IN ATLANTA WAITING ON A LOAD FOR 3 DAYS. HE CALLED THIS AM AND TOLD ME THERE WHERE ABOUT 50 STAR TRUCKS WAITING.

Thanks for the reply,I went and withdrew from from training Monday.I told my instructor what I read about Covenant and Star,and told him about not being accepted by most of the other companies.He said not to listen to everything you here.Which I can understand,but crap a hundred or so comments,horror stories really....I told them I need little more time to find a company besides Covenant,Star and so on.My brother-n-law is also in training at the same school,and has been accepted with Star.He has oreintation March 3.We were planning on team driving,but I'm not willing to be gone 2and half months or whatever it is ,and be treated like sh*t.I showed him all the stuff posted on Ripoff report,but he really doesn't have a choice.He's been laidoff and there's nothing really going on here in Nashville area.Any suggestions on other companies that accept student drivers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

google... "star transportation rip off"... "covenant rip off"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee

71 months ago

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee said: Tell Mr. Lockhart Hi from me, He's the collections lawyer whom called me after I went to CDI. Go to prime inc man. But don't stay there. Don't lease a truck either. Put your two years in. Watch your driving record (no accidents) and get a local job in Nashville. You'll make over 900 a week working five days a week. OTR you'll be making about 350 per week even after training. Covenant is going bankrupt and they're desperate don't go there. I worked there before they started charging for idle time. It's unbelieveably stressful. Heck you might even want to go be a diesel mechanic first Travel centers of America are always hiring. They generally pay over thirty(more than most otr companies)

Only reason I recommend prime is because their tuition is the cheapest..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FallenStar in Nashville in Bradley, Illinois

69 months ago

When Star hired me they said they pay 35 cents a mile…however, when you get your paycheck, they are taxing you on only 20 cents per mile, and putting the other 12 cents to the side and pay you straight on that…OH! You noticed I said 12 cents! Yes, that is correct! When I asked where the other 3 cents went they said “administrative paperwork”…What??? You are actually only making 32 cents a mile, not the 35 as promised by the recruiter. Star constantly recruits…every week at least 4-8 drivers are lined up outside on Monday morning waiting for a truck, and then waiting for a load, and you should see what they look like, lord have mercy, slimy slugs are cleaner. You definitely get what you pay for. At least twice a day you get an email from safety (their “safety” net) telling you to drive safe because another driver has had a accident, and then reminding you, once again, the rules of the road, to run legal, yet dispatch is constantly pushing you to run illegal…they never say it, they just get all angry, mad and constantly yell at you when you tell them you are out of hours, “use them till you lose them”, and all they have are “broker” loads. They don’t care about YOUR driving record, they just want you to get the load there in 3 hours, no matter that it takes 8 to get it there, legally!! They care nothing about safety or integrity, no matter how many emails the lazy guy in safety sends every day with his stupid safety emails…all they are “safety nets” for the company. This company is only good for rogue drivers. If you run 3-4 log books, pop pills, can drive 24 hours straight and piss in a bottle, this job is for you, and I guarantee you will get plenty of miles…but you won’t get home on the weekend as promised on their website, or even during recruiting, and your not going to get 35 cents a mile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

andre in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

star driver in Nashville, Tennessee said: DATE LINE...STAR TRANSPORTATION DECMEMBER 19, 2008… Effective January 1, 2009, Star Transportation will implement a new policy to reduce idle time. All tractors will have a standard of 30% idle time or less. Any idle time over 30% will be charged back to the driver at 3.00 per hour...Bill Harris v.p operations....... What? Is this just a cruel Christmas gag? It can’t be a Christmas bonus that ended years ago when our small dash stick-on calendar was cut out. So my friend that means if you drive 10 hours you now have been awarded 3 hours for heating your truck! Per day you might ask? No that’s 3 hours for the next 2 or 3 days, when you hopefully will get another load on the way for your impressive 1200 mile payday. Fuel at 2.50 a gallon and our trucks using less than a gallon an hour, this seems to be the best money making plot coming out of the “NASHVILLE BRAIN TRUST” in some time. This is the most arrogant RIPOFF I’ve heard in the trucking industry, charging a driver laid over or a driver on his 10 break 3.00 per hour for heat. We all know the parent company of Star is covenant transport “ripping off their employees must be their true covenant” a company with a reputation of a wet turd. It is whispered in warm halls of Nashville the next scheme is renting the driver the steering wheel. Oh yeah I almost forgot: STAR TRANSPORTATION IS NOW HIRING EXPERENCE DRIVERS AND TRAINEES… ask for bill…..p.s. please bring loads of blankets and your own dash calendar.
i can understand the charge if they have tripacs on trucks.do they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

andre in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

mike in jacksonville, fl said: any one who has ever worked for star transportation out of nashville please give me some feedback on your experience, as I am getting ready to go to drive for them...thanks

did you go with star?how is it?do you have tripacs on trucks?is idleing charge true?i was told 35cpm also.let me know something b4 i go their..thanks

allan D in Savannah, Tennessee

68 months ago

I like to here from a driver working there now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

starlite in Jacksonville, Florida

67 months ago

Well so much for me going there...these comments really do have an effect on those who read them...Companies can't get away with treating drivers like crap and continue to expect to recruite top notch people...
Thanks but no thanks...keep posting....

allan D in Savannah, Tennessee

67 months ago

I just worked a week and quit. That company sux. 800 miles plus had to pay 23.00 for idle. see ya dont go to star

andre in Jacksonville, Florida

67 months ago

i figured star would suck!talked to 2 of their drivers 1 said he would trade jobs with me.another driver didn't want to say anything bad but i could tell by the look on his face he wasnt happy.why do some drivers not like to let others know?scared?anyway he said they haven't charged him yet.i said yet..but the hiring lady at my company said a driver from star quit their and was trying to get with us because of charging for idle.anyway drivers dont hop from job to job.a lot of drivers are accepting anykind of pay for a job..they have a lot to choose from..

the turtle in Deland, Florida

67 months ago

mica_p45 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I am in driving school now at CDI.I have had a DWI back in '99' they told me that it was no problem and I would have a job by the end of traing.They sent out all the applications we filled out the first day of class.The next day they gave us paperwork saying the carriers had gotten are apps.I started making phone calls and three quarters of the carries didnt have me on file,and some said they wouldnt even hire me because of the DWI.That is not what I was told by the recuiters.I live close to Nashville where Star is located,and was considering going with them or maybe Covenant since they are in Tennessee.Im starting to wonder about all of this crap,the schools,companies,and recuiters.I had a feeling this was all to good to be true,and I should have known.Every person in my class had to come up with co-signers,including me and some guys in their 50's who im sure Qualify for a freaking 6,000 dollar loan.Four people had to leave class because their co-signers were not good enough.That's a new one on me.So if there is anybody out there with some advice or imformation that will help that would be great.Thanks

lesson #1 companies will dispatch you from your home, not the terminal. work for a company based in iowa or texas, etc. if their pay and benefits are better. a nearby terminal is only good for turning in your truck when you quit and want a short ride home. if star truly charges for idle time they should be shut down and fined by the dept of labor yesterday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andre

67 months ago

mica-p45.star and covenant is same company.and they do charge for idle time over 30or40%.thats not good if they dont have tripacs on their truck you will be over that precentage or youll sleep in the heat/or sleep in the freezing cold.staying below 40% is impossible .with a tripac you can have idle time down to 5%.ive had it down to 1%,with a tripac.more info about star on this website.do your research!!also i went to a trucking school in 2000.in NC.it was @800 alltogether because the state payed for the rest.see if in tn yall have that going on.i went to caldwell community colledge in Hudson,nc.6000$ is way to much again do some research!!also be warned about going to a trucking school and signing contracts.they will give you the worst runs and you will have to stay or leave and be sued for the $6000 you owe them.for putting you in their training.again $6000 way to much!!sTar nogood.sign no contracts...economy tight they are using drivers left and right!Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BoooDawg in Decatur, Alabama

67 months ago

I had a fellow employee that drove for Starr. Get training in another field,cnc machine,mechanics,welding,hvac they pay just the same or better and you will have better quality of life and home time

Rob in Johnson City, Tennessee

67 months ago

any driver that would work at a company that charges you to idle when you are trying to sleep when when its 90 or 20 degrees outside is a fool.no way a company should ever charge you for idle time when you need it to sleep.stay away from companies like that.I bet that they dont do that in the offices.there are alot of fake christians out there and this company got taken over by the biggest fake their is.covenant.............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aj in Savannah, Tennessee

67 months ago

Wow this company sucksssss.

X STAR in Senatobia, Mississippi

66 months ago

devildogg_ar15 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Thanks for the reply,I went and withdrew from from training Monday.I told my instructor what I read about Covenant and Star,and told him about not being accepted by most of the other companies.He said not to listen to everything you here.Which I can understand,but crap a hundred or so comments,horror stories really....I told them I need little more time to find a company besides Covenant,Star and so on.My brother-n-law is also in training at the same school,and has been accepted with Star.He has oreintation March 3.We were planning on team driving,but I'm not willing to be gone 2and half months or whatever it is ,and be treated like sh*t.I showed him all the stuff posted on Ripoff report,but he really doesn't have a choice.He's been laidoff and there's nothing really going on here in Nashville area.Any suggestions on other companies that accept student drivers?

TELL YOUR BROTHER NOT TO RUIN HIS CAREER WITH STAR OR COV. THEY WILL TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK BAD ON YOUR DAC REPORT.

al in Savannah, Tennessee

66 months ago

Just got a look at my dac report today. I quit with 1 weeks notice they still put quit under dispatch. F that company. Go to work for them if you want to get screwed and have to pay money to idle. They do lie at orentation to get your as in the truck. Oh yea if you expect a truck soon as u get done with orentation lol good luck your butt sits for a few days waiting for 1.

Batman in Smithville, Tennessee

66 months ago

CDI driving school in Murfreesboro TN has a really bad reputation including violation of " RICO ". Google, search for cdi and circuit court Rutherford county TN.

63 months ago

the turtle in Deland, Florida said: lesson #1 companies will dispatch you from your home, not the terminal. work for a company based in iowa or texas, etc. if their pay and benefits are better. a nearby terminal is only good for turning in your truck when you quit and want a short ride home. if star truly charges for idle time they should be shut down and fined by the dept of labor yesterday.

The sad part about this charging for idle yall is that if your coasting with your truck is in the neutral position it's idleing. 30% at covenant isn't thirty percent as it is at other companies. My wife and I worked there, we are good christians and believe in doing onto others what we want done unto us so we tried to save them money every chance we got, but thirty percent we couldn't do it as a team. Running well over five thousand a week, there is no way in the world a solo can do it running fifteen hundred a week. We killed ourselves and it was impossible we froze our butt off in North Dokota or Montana. I know the point of a company is to make money and I feel sorry for those guys at the main office in chattanooga because their company is going broke but the truth is they need to downsize their company from seven thousand trucks to about five hundred trucks. They have alot of debt they have to make payments on. Werner and Knight are debt free and they don't have to resort to charging for idle time. They almost killed me with a heart attack that's how much pressure I was under there, but I'll be praying for them anyhow.

63 months ago

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee said: The sad part about this charging for idle yall is that if your coasting with your truck is in the neutral position it's idleing. 30% at covenant isn't thirty percent as it is at other companies. My wife and I worked there, we are good christians and believe in doing onto others what we want done unto us so we tried to save them money every chance we got, but thirty percent we couldn't do it as a team. Running well over five thousand a week, there is no way in the world a solo can do it running fifteen hundred a week. We killed ourselves and it was impossible we froze our butt off in North Dokota or Montana. I know the point of a company is to make money and I feel sorry for those guys at the main office in chattanooga because their company is going broke but the truth is they need to downsize their company from seven thousand trucks to about five hundred trucks. They have alot of debt they have to make payments on. Werner and Knight are debt free and they don't have to resort to charging for idle time. They almost killed me with a heart attack that's how much pressure I was under there, but I'll be praying for them anyhow.

The whole debt comment is what my dad told me. I don't know how to figure a companies debt so it may be wrong. I just want to not mislead anyone.

62 months ago

X STAR in Senatobia, Mississippi said: TELL YOUR BROTHER NOT TO RUIN HIS CAREER WITH STAR OR COV. THEY WILL TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK BAD ON YOUR DAC REPORT.

DAC reports are silly. Bad marks by a company are going to appear because if a driver leaves your company, he is obviously going to another. Hence the problem, you now have a former driver who is competing against you. Every load he carries for another carrier is a load you lost out on. The insentive is to trash you.
Dave Parker covenant CEO is a pretty good guy from what I hear. I feel bad his "christian" oriented company is going through hard times. The concept is a brilliant idea, by christians for christians that's why I went to work there for a period. But thirty percent idle time allotment is insane, A solo would be at about seventy on a good week. Teams about forty. Not all companies calculate idle time identically some allow a few minutes befoe the clock starts, Covenant from what I gathered begins as soon as your truck is in neutral. Even if you're coasting to a stop light. They're being irresponsible and operating under the flag of our Lord and Savior. I don't think they have a choice though since they are a heavy indebted company atleast that's what my dad says. God bless those guys anyways but if I were CEO my main effort would be to get APU's I'm not sure if their heading in that direction yet. But it would be a wise and responsible move.

62 months ago

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee said: DAC reports are silly. Bad marks by a company are going to appear because if a driver leaves your company, he is obviously going to another. Hence the problem, you now have a former driver who is competing against you. Every load he carries for another carrier is a load you lost out on. The insentive is to trash you.
Dave Parker covenant CEO is a pretty good guy from what I hear. I feel bad his "christian" oriented company is going through hard times. The concept is a brilliant idea, by christians for christians that's why I went to work there for a period. But thirty percent idle time allotment is insane, A solo would be at about seventy on a good week. Teams about forty. Not all companies calculate idle time identically some allow a few minutes befoe the clock starts, Covenant from what I gathered begins as soon as your truck is in neutral. Even if you're coasting to a stop light. They're being irresponsible and operating under the flag of our Lord and Savior. I don't think they have a choice though since they are a heavy indebted company atleast that's what my dad says. God bless those guys anyways but if I were CEO my main effort would be to get APU's I'm not sure if their heading in that direction yet. But it would be a wise and responsible move.

I said DAC reports are silly.. But that don't mean they won't keep your family from eating.

dumb in Piedmont, South Carolina

62 months ago

I drive for them now,ergo the dumb,the guy that brought up the stress issue is right,this used to be a great co before covenant took them over,so far to date I have had 2 pay cuts/1.5 cpm/then now 1.cpm lucky though,they cut out 2 holidays,but only for the OTR drivers, whew,oh yes this year also,we went to strictly per Diem,and now after 6 years with them I officially make less per mile than when I started,I have it figured at around 27cpm bring home add that to the 1200 miles I get a week and I can retire in about eleventy seven hundred years ,yes they charge for Idle,It is company policy oh yes I found out last week it is and always has been up to your fleet manager,whoops I don't think that was supposed to get out,not dumb anymore this is my last month with them,I had the flu,was home 9 days,needed 2-3 more days to get over chest infection I developed,wanted to come get my truck on Friday,and bus me from SC to Nashville Monday for another truck,so I went out anyway,got pneumonia and lost another week,worked 4 days in November.oh yea,the week I worked that gave me pneumonia I got a whooping 800 miles I am done,the only thing I can say is I wish I would have left 4 yrs ago,BEWARE...if you go there let me know how it works out...PS there is nothing here on this site about star trans that I have read that is a lie...

Billie Bracken in Fort Smith, Arkansas

62 months ago

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee said: DAC reports are silly. Bad marks by a company are going to appear because if a driver leaves your company, he is obviously going to another. Hence the problem, you now have a former driver who is competing against you. Every load he carries for another carrier is a load you lost out on. The insentive is to trash you.

J.B.Hunt is just as bad, i iwent to work for them,as a Lease purchase and they oney run just to pay for there truck and insurance,they want you run on your money,everyone know it take about $150.to get buy on,everything is so high

Billie Bracken in Fort Smith, Arkansas

62 months ago

Have anyone try to buy a truck J.B.Hunt As a L.P. and what you fine out about them,am i the only driver has had a hard time with them.i tell you one that happy to me there,i pick up a load in ill. when a guy hit my truck,they said that i had to put up $1500. to make sure that it would not come back on J.B. Hunt

geargammer in Oneida, Tennessee

61 months ago

A. Friend in Dickson, Tennessee said: I said DAC reports are silly.. But that don't mean they won't keep your family from eating.

yes that true RONNIE HOLLND that old bast_ard. Ifell out of a star truck in knox and broke mytsil bone in 2 places,and they wanten me to drive the truck all the way to nashville when i couldnt even set down, and then they put on my dac as no show even when i went to nashville, they are one of the sorryiest co. you could thin about driving for. nothing but lies and they try to ruen your carrier if you quit so alli have to say to them and RANDDY HOLLAND is to suck my fat d_ick. (STAR) you are the sorriest co.That some one could ever think about driving for.

honker1010@yahoo.com in Danville, Indiana

61 months ago

I went to Sage Truck School at Ivy-Tech in Muncie, IN. I asked Work-One for $ for schooling. I told that I had to finish the schooling and get a job or I would b liable for the $ they provided. I had half of the $. I asked the school for help. They 1st of all asked me if I could get a loan. (I could have-told them NO!) A company took a loan out. I would have to pay back after graduation. Which, I didn't understand at the time. So, I have all the $ and no $ of mine in it. I graduated,started working out of Missoula, Montana. 4 months b 4 I got any home time to Indiana.
This industry is full of liers, and companies will mull over the driver b 4 anyone else. A driver is the piece of meat in the sandwitch. I have only been driving since Nov. 2007 and have had three different jobs.

mica_p45 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I am in driving school now at CDI.I have had a DWI back in '99' they told me that it was no problem and I would have a job by the end of traing.They sent out all the applications we filled out the first day of class.The next day they gave us paperwork saying the carriers had gotten are apps.I started making phone calls and three quarters of the carries didnt have me on file,and some said they wouldnt even hire me because of the DWI.That is not what I was told by the recuiters.I live close to Nashville where Star is located,and was considering going with them or maybe Covenant since they are in Tennessee.Im starting to wonder about all of this crap,the schools,companies,and recuiters.I had a feeling this was all to good to be true,and I should have known.Every person in my class had to come up with co-signers,including me and some guys in their 50's who im sure Qualify for a freaking 6,000 dollar loan.Four people had to leave class because their co-signers were not good enough.That's a new one on me.So if there is anybody out there with some advice or imformation that will help that would be great.Thanks

night owl in Manchester, Tennessee

50 months ago

I worked for Star for 10 yrs..Have not received a raise in 3 yrs.They will charge
you for over idle...I left Ma.on a Saturday.Chest started to hurt.I told Dispatch
first thing that he needs to get me to the house and doctor in Nashville.They ran me to
NC and SC to Atlanta to Cleveland ,Tn.Supposed to pu there and take to Nasville
and then go home.All this after I told them I was sick.Just ignored me.Well I blacked
out and ran off road into some small trees.Did not get hurt..Ambulance took me to hospitol
in Athens Tn.Found out I had a collapsed lung and my body was not getting rid of carbon
monxide quick enogh..Stayed on a ventilater for 12 days.When I got out and went to talk to
Safety,they told me it was preventable...I should have known these things were wrong with me and stopped.Doc said if I would have stayed in that truck one more day I would have
been dead...I have had an excelent safety recordup till then..Never even asked how I was doing.....Well I will find another job making more money...Thats bad when you work for
Star for 10 yrs and get busted back to 30 cpm.If you work for Star,you will regret it.
You are nothing to them.................

Dazzmann in Dahlonega, Georgia

46 months ago

Night Owl In Manchester Tn.

Hello fellow trucker I read about your treatment from Star/Covenant
I feel you should get documentation from the doctor you had seen
when you had a collapsed lung. Get a written statement and also
the names of the dispatchers who mistreated you.
I feel you may have a good case to sue this Company.
Hope your well brother trucker.

Dazzmann

whoogieeman in Anderson, South Carolina

46 months ago

springtime in Hughes Springs, Texas said: RE: STAR TRANSPORTATION/COVENANT...OH MY GOSH...I did not realize the seriousness of the situation you must deal with now. How soon these Trucking companies seem to forget about all the hard work and extra favors you did for them when economic times were good. Why can't they stand by you when time are bad??

they where my best friends for 8 yrs, then when I was home for dr treatment for diabetes and injuries from working for them, a they had to let me go because I would not drive while on dr orders to not drive...they are the best money making company on the road...they make money on their trucks, their customer, and off the drivers back that have carried that crappy company so far....was a great company till the great covenant ( driver are disposable) transport took them over, I knew they where in trouble when all there management and safety executives started jumping ship.....
that was the fastest down hill run I have ever seen...if I was homeless, I would not drive for them again, I would drive for JB hunt for free , before I drove for them again.....they should put the word SUCKER on the drivers door of every truck they have on the road...

trash4can in Homosassa, Florida

38 months ago

Iworked for star for 9 plus years, ask mr brower, the president of the comapany about money and the perdiem and the 3 cents. Used a a metaphor to ask about the planners because they suck. Was fired the next day was told i had a negative attitude. Brower should get another face life the first one did not work. If any of you drivers who work for star start questioning where your 3 cents is used for the IRS believes its a scam, just to increase the bottom line and fill brower and parkers pockets.

Clay in Denver, Colorado

29 months ago

trash4can in Homosassa, Florida said: Iworked for star for 9 plus years, ask mr brower, the president of the comapany about money and the perdiem and the 3 cents. Used a a metaphor to ask about the planners because they suck. Was fired the next day was told i had a negative attitude. Brower should get another face life the first one did not work. If any of you drivers who work for star start questioning where your 3 cents is used for the IRS believes its a scam, just to increase the bottom line and fill brower and parkers pockets.

The problem with tucking companies goes deeper than just complaining about them. The trucking companies are accessing the tools they need to get rich by counting on the injustice of the American system. Nothing is happening to the trucking companies because the lawyers and judges don't give a rip! There's no money for them in helping out what they call a "dumb and lazy" truck driver. I've been lied to and ripped off by so many trucking companies in the past thirteen years of driving. And it's getting worse. I work for a company now that takes money our of our paychecks for filling paperwork out wrongly, up to a hundred dollars. I wonder if they do the same thing to the secretary for typo errors. What I'd really like to know is if the bank takes money out of the owner's checking account when he fills out a deposit slip wrongly. What we are seeing, my friends, is the greed of power, money, and also a jockeying of position for more money and power. This will not stop. It can only stop through legislation. When the drivers stand up and say "No More!" And it has to stop somewhere. My question to dispatch and office workers is, what are going to do when they start turning the heat off in the office for extended time periods so's they can save money and get that big 10,000 square foot mansion in the Carribbean?These big companies callude together and make back door agreements,(which by the way is illegal in a free economy).

Clay in Denver, Colorado

29 months ago

trash4can in Homosassa, Florida said: Iworked for star for 9 plus years, ask mr brower, the president of the comapany about money and the perdiem and the 3 cents. Used a a metaphor to ask about the planners because they suck. Was fired the next day was told i had a negative attitude. Brower should get another face life the first one did not work. If any of you drivers who work for star start questioning where your 3 cents is used for the IRS believes its a scam, just to increase the bottom line and fill brower and parkers pockets.

The problem with tucking companies goes deeper than just complaining about them. The trucking companies are accessing the tools they need to get rich by counting on the injustice of the American system. Nothing is happening to the trucking companies because the lawyers and judges don't give a rip! There's no money for them in helping out what they call a "dumb and lazy" truck driver. I've been lied to and ripped off by so many trucking companies in the past thirteen years of driving. And it's getting worse. I work for a company now that takes money our of our paychecks for filling paperwork out wrongly, up to a hundred dollars. I wonder if they do the same thing to the secretary for typo errors. What I'd really like to know is if the bank takes money out of the owner's checking account when he fills out a deposit slip wrongly. What we are seeing, my friends, is the greed of power, money, and also a jockeying of position for more money and power. This will not stop. It can only stop through legislation. When the drivers stand up and say "No More!" And it has to stop somewhere. My question to dispatch and office workers is, what are you
going to do when they start turning the heat off in the office for extended time periods so's they can save money and get that big 10,000 square foot mansion in the Carribbean?These big companies callude together and make back door agreements,(which by the way is illegal in a free economy)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.