team trucking companies that will hire someone with a 5 year old felony

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 128)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

double take

64 months ago

does anyone know any companys that will hire teams with one driver having a 5 year old felony and 17 years of driving over the road

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (223) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

wyoung0029 in Versailles, Kentucky

64 months ago

going thru the same thing I got a five year old felony and 16 years experience if you find anyone who will hire you let me know and I'll do the same for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

runabout500 in Monticello, Kentucky

62 months ago

I got a felony for child support in KY I have 23 years driing experence with a perfect driving record looking for a driving job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

recentcdlgraduate in Forrest City, Arkansas

60 months ago

RabyEnterprises said: Double Take.... Give me a call. I might be able to get you on driving one of my trucks. (5 zero 1) - 7 seven 3 - 6 six 8 eight

Sorry it doesn't like letting a phone number in the reply. So I kinda coded it.
Thanks,
Matt Raby

I too am having a hard time finding anyone out there in the trucking industry to give me a break. I was convicted in 2003 for obtaining prescription drugs by fraud x2 and served almost 2 years in Mississippi prison. I have been out since November 2005 and maintained steady employment and am no longer on any type of probation. I never failed any drug test while on probation and I recently graduated from truck Driving school. If society isn't willing to give a rehabilitated felon a chance at a life to suceed and be productive this is a reason why so many people give up and end back up in prison somewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bfry38 in Johnstown, Ohio

60 months ago

recentcdlgraduate in Forrest City, Arkansas said: I too am having a hard time finding anyone out there in the trucking industry to give me a break. I was convicted in 2003 for obtaining prescription drugs by fraud x2 and served almost 2 years in Mississippi prison. I have been out since November 2005 and maintained steady employment and am no longer on any type of probation. I never failed any drug test while on probation and I recently graduated from truck Driving school. If society isn't willing to give a rehabilitated felon a chance at a life to suceed and be productive this is a reason why so many people give up and end back up in prison somewhere.

I completely agree I have worked a ton of different jobs from Corrections, construction, security, personal trainer, drove semi for my friend, etc... My problem is I I'm a grain hauler for my uncle, and no companies want to hire me cause I was grand fathered in, and I drive a 35 foot hopper instead of a 53 footer. So I understand where your coming from. My driving record is clean, and I have never been in trouble for anything. The only reason Im on this site is im looking for jobs for my uncle he has Felonies over drugs, but he is clean now. Good luck with everything man it is hard, I even have some college education and its still hard to get a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jejuan6 in Laurel, Maryland

60 months ago

WE r not alone I was locked for a drug charge as well in 2001.Did my time got out in 2004.Been clean ever since keep a steady for 3 yrs berfore i decide to go trucking school.If i known that it was gonna be this hard to get a job as A truck driver i would had stay @ my other JPB.This is part of life keep tring & we will open that right door.I'm still looking for truckers jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adriane P in Lithonia, Georgia

59 months ago

double take said: does anyone know any companys that will hire teams with one driver having a 5 year old felony and 17 years of driving over the road

Send me your contact info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

roosevelt in Thomson, Georgia said: does anyone know any trucking companies that will hire me with a felony charge? i recently graduated Sandersville Tech and obtained my CDL license. i been working for my step brother when he needs a day or so off but its not enough to take care of my family. its really hard out here

Send me your contact info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

kent Braden in La Vergne, Tennessee said: I have a drug charge that has been on my record for 3 years.Ihave been driving for approximately four years.I was working this passed June with a trucking company and they let me go due to this charge. I was not driving for anyone when this charge was pended on my record.

Send me your contact info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrdismuke in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

I live in Dallas,Tx an i have a felony conviction of damage to property from 07. I have My Class A CDL with all endrs. Anyone no of any companies in Dalls area that will hire me.? I have three yrs of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oldpunko in Sacramento, California

58 months ago

my name is kevin black i am hearing impaired just fresh out of school last year 2009 and only issue is driving record one speeding ticket since 2008 and one minor accident reported but no ticket writin /july2007 I have no other issues dui oor felony none so what soever. so what gives ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stuck...

58 months ago

My fiance is having a hard time finding a truck driving job in Dallas, Tx due to a 5 yr old felonly and a CDL A being for Tx only. Does anyone know of any companies that are hiring local or even Texas Only Drivers w/o hazmat. He is willing to be out doing all of Texas. I just don't get it sometimes...you pay your dues for something and you are still penalized after it's over...how do they expect anyone to try to make a bad situation better?

Thanks to all of you in advance for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

midnightrider in Lima, Ohio

58 months ago

you got that right russia got freedom and com mover over here class action law suit for dac their not above the law79

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stuck...

58 months ago

Yea the government works for those who are NOT from the here...they are quick to sponsor and help other countries and forget about what is going on right here under there very nose.

Thanks for the response!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

you got that right that so they can take their money in the long run or give them are money on a tax break no wonder we dont have any money

Stuck...

58 months ago

lol very true...I just want our piece of happiness...I'm not askin for much... I don't think lol

Jason Schaffner in Oakwood, Ohio

58 months ago

Does anyone know of a trucking company that will hire someone with a 4 1/2 year old felony? I graduated from HR career development truck driver training on 02/12/2010 and received a PTDI certificiate. I started my own landscaping business last year, but the business is not doing to well. I have a class A CDL with a tank endorsement. Any options out there for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

slotsgrl42 in Rockford, Illinois

57 months ago

Ok read all these blogs and i hear the comments on felony charges and companies not wanting to hire you but my ? is what about misdenmenor for retail theft of under 100.00 . my son is wanting to go to truck driving school when he turns 21 but we are afraid this charge may prevent him from getting a job and the school he is going to under the grant thur the state requires him to have 3 letters of intent to hire from companies before he can start the course . Any help or advice will be helpful.

thank You
Laura

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jay Harris, Brownwood Tx

57 months ago

I have been unemployed now for 4 months, simply because of 2 backing accidents and 2 incidents on my DAC, is there any company out there that will look past a number and realize that once in a while a person is going to have a backing accident or 2 and may be hit a curb, because that is all I have done, 1) a backing accident where I backed into another truck and scratched his paint, the ins. company told me it was less than $100 damage, 2) I rolled back into a guys headlight at a truck wash, once again less than $100 dollars damage, 3) while pulling away from a loading dock, my trailer snagged a piece of chrome trim hanging off another trailer next to me, once again less than $100 damage, and finally, during my training period I hit a curb and popped a tire of which I paid for out of my own pocket. Is there anyone out there that will look at these as 2 accidents and 2 incidents like they are, and not 4 major accidents like they are not, I mean I havnt had a regular moving violation in over 14 yrs, you would think that would at least count for something. Anyway, if you have any ideas other than going to DAC-Fix, have already done that, did no good at all, I would appreciate any ideas you could give me, thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cole yeary in Kokomo, Indiana

56 months ago

RabyEnterprises said: Double Take.... Give me a call. I might be able to get you on driving one of my trucks. (5 zero 1) - 7 seven 3 - 6 six 8 eight

Thanks,
Matt Raby

Matt, my name is Cole Yeary I am a felon of less than three years. I got out of prison 12/2009, for battery on two guys who broke into my home. The police could not do any thing about it, so my brother and I went and confronted them and things got out of control and I was sentenced to 8 years do 4 years. I can't find a job and a friend who is a truck driver for 18 years told me to get in a truck. But I can't find anyone who will agree to give me a job upon me obtaining my cdl. I know that your insurance will go up, so I am willing to pay the premium my self. I am willing to do 30 day hauls, but would need to see my parole officer atleast every other month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: I guess that is a decision that a felon has to make, but you can not
blame the trucking industry or anyone else for that matter because
of your past mistakes, and once you cross that line, then it is
unlikely you will be able to redeem yourself..not matter how good
you have been sense, stop thinking the world owes Mr Felon something,
they do not...

it is fairly hard to get a job with just a minor violation
or two on your record, much less being a felon...trucking
compaines are not going to ignor insurance regulations, or
the huge liability for them if they put a felon in a truck...
I know if a truck hit me, and I found out the driver was
a felon that should have been prevented from driving..
whozoom...once I got done suing, I would be set for 2 lifetimes...

I am not trying to be rude, or mean..but the trucking industry
just does not want felons, dui/dwi, messed up MVR's, messed up dac's...

find a new career...trucking is not it...

Its not just the truth, its reality...

what does a felony have to do with how well you can drive a truck. Have a heart man the lord says love and forgive others for there trespasses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Thanks,
Matt Raby

Matt, my name is Cole Yeary I am a felon of less than three years. I got out of prison 12/2009, for battery on two guys who broke into my home. The police could not do any thing about it, so my brother and I went and confronted them and things got out of control and I was sentenced to 8 years do 4 years. I can't find a job and a friend who is a truck driver for 18 years told me to get in a truck. But I can't find anyone who will agree to give me a job upon me obtaining my cdl. I know that your insurance will go up, so I am willing to pay the premium my self. I am willing to do 30 day hauls, but would need to see my parole officer atleast every other month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

dear jhon u have no merit to sue a felon for nothing how do u think u can

olhobbler in Ormond Beach, Florida

56 months ago

I have several old dwi charges and want a job in trucking. I control my drinking better these days, but dont want to spend money on a driving school, if i cant get hired..do my old drinking charges follow me forever?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

omartomasito in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

SIMON YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME TO GET HIRE I DONT HAVE ANY RECORD AND STILL NOT GETTING A JOB DUE TO A LACK OF EXPERIENCE! NOW IMAGINE A SEVERAL DWI IS A GREAT LIABILITY FOR A COMPANY TO HIRE A FORMER FELON THATS MY OPINION

IamIcanIwill in Mcdonough, Georgia

56 months ago

I have a record because my Ex did something and I said I done it. It's a long story but I felt she should get out and take care of our 9 month old and 2 year old. She got out took our savings and left with a truck driver leaving our children in states care. I will not wine and complain about my past, I made the decision to plead guilty not thinking of my family's future so I accept it, but I have started my life over, remarried a wonderful correctional officer, she runs Death Row control room, and have 3 boys now. I do not feel like I should have to pay for that mistake the rest of my life and it should not be used against me as a measure of the man they see me as. All I want is a chance to prove what a hard worker I am and as my dad was, what a valuable truck driver I will make. Until then I keep my head held high and pray for the right opportunity in Gods time. Maybe an owner will come along with a truck I could drive for them, that is how my father started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

roosevelt in Thomson, Georgia said: does anyone know any trucking companies that will hire me with a felony charge? i recently graduated Sandersville Tech and obtained my CDL license. i been working for my step brother when he needs a day or so off but its not enough to take care of my family. its really hard out here

Hey buddy, did you ever find anything, I live in central Georgia and I am looking for a driving job also, Have 3 boys I have to take of. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Adriane P in Lithonia, Georgia said: Send me your contact info.

Jackson Georgia here, do you know of a driving job I can get, have 3 boys that needs dad to support them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

cris, thanks for your consern. i am still trying to get a company to hire me. talked to a school in michigan,they said some discouraging things. all but given up on driving. but keep me tuned in to any trucking companies, who would consider me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

cole yeary in Kokomo, Indiana said: cris, thanks for your consern. i am still trying to get a company to hire me. talked to a school in michigan,they said some discouraging things. all but given up on driving. but keep me tuned in to any trucking companies, who would consider me.

Sorry to hear that, Having a hard time here also. That post from Raby Entp did'nt pan out? Will keep you in mind if I hear anything.

dohag in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

56 months ago

I have some felony and misdemeaner convictions. I also went to a truck driving school, and graduated at the end of 2008. Sence then I've been looking for company driver positions that hire traied but needing expir. It seems like noone wants to hire anyone just starting out. Then when they see the convictions a person has no chance. I really need to find work driving a truck soon. Does anyone out there know where a person can go to get hired and a foot in the door?

56 months ago

IamIcanIwill in Mcdonough, Georgia said: Jackson Georgia here, do you know of a driving job I can get, have 3 boys that needs dad to support them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris

How do we send you our contact info, if it will not allow us to access your e-mail.

tibbar9591 in York, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

it don,t take much to pick a charge, the courts they are about money, they don,t care if you are innocent. you don,t have to commit a crime to be arrested and charge with a crime. they going to belive the police unless you pay for a good lwayer either way you coming out of your pocket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

still looking fof a company who will hire, with a 3 year old felon. need training

56 months ago

still looking for a company who will hire, me with a 3 year old felony.need trainning. will run teams, otr, up to 2 month runs. cole_yeary@yahoo.com or call 7 six 5 eight 6 zero 0 four 2 eight

Larry Simmons in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

My name is larry and i am a student driver with a history of criminal convictions thats looking for an opportunity to get into trucking.My last felony conviction was in april 2000.I really desire another chance at abtaining a productive lifestyle,please contact me if there is an opportunity.

MIKE in Fresno, California

55 months ago

I am going through a rough time i got into truck driving school. but i had a courts martial in the army so my felony is not that bad at all but i do need a truck driving job, and i have a clean dmv print out. i dont care what the pay is as long as it is a decent over the road truck driving company. can any one help a veteran out in getting a decent truck driving job.

crockett in Portsmouth, Ohio

55 months ago

I have a felony from '01 convicted in '02 went to prison for 1 year, i was relaeased in 03 was supposed to server one year parole but was released after 9 months because i had no problems at all. I have always dreamed of being a truck driver and can't get a chance can anyone help me? what do i have to do to prove the man tha i am? its been 7 1/2 years and have not been in trouble since. Can anyone give me a break?

macx in Kissimmee, Florida

53 months ago

Dave in Cincinnati, Ohio said: My name is David Howard. I would like to start a career as a truck driver and would need school/cdl training initially. I have a 5 yr old felony 5 (lowest level) in Ohio for theft by passing bad check (120 dollars). I was put on 5 yrs probation, restitution paid before I even went to court. Was released from probation early as I've had no issues. Any options for me?

try crst trucking(good company), fyi only trucking company that pays
twice a week and its team based fyi they put u through trk driving school and its team based located ceader rapids iowa give them a call.. and maybe tango trucking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

macx in Kissimmee, Florida

53 months ago

MIKE in Fresno, California said: I am going through a rough time i got into truck driving school. but i had a courts martial in the army so my felony is not that bad at all but i do need a truck driving job, and i have a clean dmv print out. i dont care what the pay is as long as it is a decent over the road truck driving company. can any one help a veteran out in getting a decent truck driving job.

Try Crst cedar rapids iowa, they have terminal in fontana

frost12011 in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: I guess that is a decision that a felon has to make, but you can not
blame the trucking industry or anyone else for that matter because
of your past mistakes, and once you cross that line, then it is
unlikely you will be able to redeem yourself..not matter how good
you have been sense, stop thinking the world owes Mr Felon something,
they do not...

it is fairly hard to get a job with just a minor violation
or two on your record, much less being a felon...trucking
compaines are not going to ignor insurance regulations, or
the huge liability for them if they put a felon in a truck...
I know if a truck hit me, and I found out the driver was
a felon that should have been prevented from driving..
whozoom...once I got done suing, I would be set for 2 lifetimes...

I am not trying to be rude, or mean..but the trucking industry
just does not want felons, dui/dwi, messed up MVR's, messed up dac's...

find a new career...trucking is not it...

Its not just the truth, its reality...

yes the world does owe us who have done things in the past, because we have paid that debt in full required by the law. so when a debt is paid should you have to continue to pay for the same thing youved already paid for? this has gone further than it should have and a rally needs to happen because now our rights are being taken away(the pursuit of happiness)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tibbar9591 in Millersburg, Ohio

53 months ago

i think your rite just because a person have a felony, should not be barred from any job, depending on what the felony is. in today,s world you do not have to commit a crime to be charge with a crime, the law don,t give a dam if a person innocent or guilty all they want is money like everyone else and who else they gonna get it from. if a person who want to work should be allow to work, look at the people who wait for a check once a month and who is able to work, this suppose to be america the land of the free i feel the same like food, shelter, and shower should not be denied to no one.

grand40 in San Antonio, Texas

53 months ago

Jay Harris, Brownwood Tx said: I have been unemployed now for 4 months, simply because of 2 backing accidents and 2 incidents on my DAC, is there any company out there that will look past a number and realize that once in a while a person is going to have a backing accident or 2 and may be hit a curb, because that is all I have done, 1) a backing accident where I backed into another truck and scratched his paint, the ins. company told me it was less than $100 damage, 2) I rolled back into a guys headlight at a truck wash, once again less than $100 dollars damage, 3) while pulling away from a loading dock, my trailer snagged a piece of chrome trim hanging off another trailer next to me, once again less than $100 damage, and finally, during my training period I hit a curb and popped a tire of which I paid for out of my own pocket. Is there anyone out there that will look at these as 2 accidents and 2 incidents like they are, and not 4 major accidents like they are not, I mean I havnt had a regular moving violation in over 14 yrs, you would think that would at least count for something. Anyway, if you have any ideas other than going to DAC-Fix, have already done that, did no good at all, I would appreciate any ideas you could give me, thanks.

Hey Jay I just moved to San Antonio. I have never heard of that thing you called Dacfix. What is it and have you found a job yet,I am currently looking for a driving job myself. Get back with me if you can help me and I will do the same.

grand40 in San Antonio, Texas

53 months ago

Hey jay what is this DacFix you speak of? I've never heard of it. I am currently seeking employment in the trucking industry. While I don't have any accidents on my record and I have a clean MVR and a clean background and well over 10yrs.+ of driving experience. I did fail a pre-employment drug screen in oct. of 2007,and the company sent me to the sac program and I completed it and worked for the company 2 and half year after that until I moved to San Antonio in july and I am having trouble finding a job myself. I have heard that this is a nation of second chances, but I guess that doesn't count when it comes to truckdrivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lazrunbike in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

I'm looking for any trucking Company that will hire an ex-offender, I've been out of prison for two 1/2 years, clean driving record, no tickets or fines in 38 years. I graduated from CDL School in 2009, but have no OTR experience. Are there any Trucking Companies that will hire me, and are willing to train me? My last felony conviction is 15 yrs. old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melindamewborn@yahoo.com in Douglasville, Georgia

50 months ago

I have a drug charge from 2001 and i just git my cdl have you found a job. got my cdl oct 8, 2010 want to work

BEN in Arlington, Texas

50 months ago

Is there anyone out there in dallas fortworth area that knows of any local trucking companys that hire felons? I have been out for almost 7yrs.But i have several felonies on my record. I have a clean mvr,and have cleared by homeland secruity as no threat.I have 23yrs.safe driving experience.

83 in Conway, Arkansas

50 months ago

does anyone know of a trucking company that will hire x felon thats been out for about a year trying to go team have two people my record has state jail felony out of teaxs the least you can get the other guys record clean we have drivin trucks for at least 10 years if any one know of any companies let us know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tlynn1116 in Canton, Ohio

50 months ago

frost12011 in Orlando, Florida said: yes the world does owe us who have done things in the past, because we have paid that debt in full required by the law. so when a debt is paid should you have to continue to pay for the same thing youved already paid for? this has gone further than it should have and a rally needs to happen because now our rights are being taken away(the pursuit of happiness)

I think everyone is the ETHICS of the situation. BY law u paid yur debt. Ethically it shows bad judgement. Bad Ethical decisions. That's what hard for a company to over look. Have u ever thought of getting yur own authority? ya know as an owner operator? then u could broker yur own freight and work for yourself..just a thought to herlp yurself and not rely on others...look for state grants and check w yur local small business association for start up costs. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlynn1116 in Canton, Ohio

50 months ago

crockett in Portsmouth, Ohio said: I have a felony from '01 convicted in '02 went to prison for 1 year, i was relaeased in 03 was supposed to server one year parole but was released after 9 months because i had no problems at all. I have always dreamed of being a truck driver and can't get a chance can anyone help me? what do i have to do to prove the man tha i am? its been 7 1/2 years and have not been in trouble since. Can anyone give me a break?

check into yur own own authority...the start up cost and what not...being an owner operator..some companies will allow u to buy the truck from them...if that's not an option then look at financing and state grants for felons.. they have start up programs to help because of yur situtation.... try checking yur local better business bureau and small business assocaiton for help

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.