trucking companies that will hire with a 1 year prior DUI

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

kid in New Port Richey, Florida

41 months ago

I am an OTR driver with 10 years experience. Does anybody know what reefer companies hire me with a 1 year prior DUI. Any and all info would be great.Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (142) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Tim O'Neal in Siloam Springs, Arkansas

38 months ago

recruiter in Bemidji, Minnesota said: It's not up to the company to decide if they will hire you. The draw back is the insurance company and what their rules dictate. If you're a doctor, attorney, politician, state, federal or local employee you wouldn't have to worry about losing a job for driving while intoxicated offense. The only one is that of the truck driver who has to pay the ultimate price for this offense. Even in your own personal vehicle you will lose that CDL for one year. When have you ever heard of the above mentioned professional losing his license to practice for driving while intoxicated....never. The truck driver that is laid over and walks to the local establishment for one to many drinks and then goes back to his truck and sleeps it off in the bunk can be charged with DUI/DWI for just being in the truck. The truck driver will lose his CDL for one year and then wait four more years for a company to hire him/her, ware as the above mentioned professionals go on living a normal life. It sucks to be a truck driver who is always under the microscope on the road, at the scales or the good old DOT roadside stop and harass checks. Have you ever heard of the above mentioned professionals being stopped (without) probable cause and have their vehicles gone through and then issued an out of service order for a tail light, worn tires, headlight out and then issued a citation for $400.00. Unheard of. So my advise, if you want a job where you can show up intoxicated and vote on national security issues become a politician. If you want a respectable job where people appreciate their goods being shipped and received on time by some hard working person then by all means stay with trucking. I wish you all the luck...be safe and keep on trucking.

I am new to trucking. I had two preventables with trailer damage only, and I got canned by my company. Any advice about getting back behind the wheel? If so, please e-mail oneal.timothy@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Saint Paul, Minnesota

27 months ago

All you need to do is to apply for jobs with companies who state openly that they will hire with a prior DUI after a specified period of time. The company I recruit for has a 2 year limit on them, that is your DUI must be a minimum of 2 years old before our underwriters will accept you on our insurance.
With us, if your DUI is at least 2 years old, and IS YOUR FIRST and if you have no other MAJOR tickets in the last 3 years, I normally have no problems getting a driver signed on. Each company has its' own policies, like anything else in life, if you want it bad enough to try, you will find it :>) Best of luck to you in your employment search! I just wanted to assure you that that you should not give up all hope!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

pete 379 in Wheaton, Illinois

27 months ago

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: All you need to do is to apply for jobs with companies who state openly that they will hire with a prior DUI after a specified period of time. The company I recruit for has a 2 year limit on them, that is your DUI must be a minimum of 2 years old before our underwriters will accept you on our insurance.
With us, if your DUI is at least 2 years old, and IS YOUR FIRST and if you have no other MAJOR tickets in the last 3 years, I normally have no problems getting a driver signed on. Each company has its' own policies, like anything else in life, if you want it bad enough to try, you will find it :>) Best of luck to you in your employment search! I just wanted to assure you that that you should not give up all hope!

dos ur inshurance company go by arrest date or date of convition?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: All you need to do is to apply for jobs with companies who state openly that they will hire with a prior DUI after a specified period of time. The company I recruit for has a 2 year limit on them, that is your DUI must be a minimum of 2 years old before our underwriters will accept you on our insurance.

dos ur inshurance company go by arrest date or date of convition?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

does the inshurance go by date of convition or the arrest date i faight it for a year got it june 2010. convication date is april 2011?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

well thanks sorry i reposted so meny times got a little click happy and the comp froze got two speeders on the MVR along with the disqulification speeders are 08 and 10 i think im just guna sit on the side lines for a wile and just wait it out all tickets and dui i have where in my personal car but that dont really matter from what ive read but thanks for replying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack Of All in Columbus, Ohio

27 months ago

recruiter in Bemidji, Minnesota said: It's not up to the company to decide if they will hire you. The draw back is the insurance company and what their rules dictate. If you're a doctor, attorney, politician, state, federal or local employee you wouldn't have to worry about losing a job for driving while intoxicated offense. The only one is that of the truck driver who has to pay the ultimate price for this offense. Even in your own personal vehicle you will lose that CDL for one year. When have you ever heard of the above mentioned professional losing his license to practice for driving while intoxicated....never...

Well everything sounded good until he started talking about doctors, lawyers, politicians, and law enforcement. Complete BS what was said. Every profession has rules and regulations and people DO loose their license in all of those. I have worked in Law Enforcement and in the Medical Field, and now am in Trucking, and I can assure you, THEY HAVE RULES TOO! You don't hear about it, because the media does not focus on it. Search for yourself, you'll find a ton!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jerome.harper98@yahoo.com in Columbus, Ohio

27 months ago

pete 379 in Wheaton, Illinois said: dos ur inshurance company go by arrest date or date of convition?

Hello Pete still looking for a great company to work for do you Know of any one looking for a great driver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jdogg in Jackson, Mississippi

27 months ago

What company do you recruit for ? If you dont want to put it on here email me. My DUI is 3 yrs old, I have 6yrs exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jdogg in Jackson, Mississippi

27 months ago

What company do you recruit for ? If you dont want to put it on here email me. My DUI is 3 yrs old, I have 6yrs exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

time4achange in Hazel Green, Wisconsin

27 months ago

Please send your e mail address and I'll get back to you, recruitthebestdrivers@hotmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amado

23 months ago

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: All you need to do is to apply for jobs with companies who state openly that they will hire with a prior DUI after a specified period of time. The company I recruit for has a 2 year limit on them, that is your DUI must be a minimum of 2 years old before our underwriters will accept you on our insurance .
Hello for what company do you recruit for Iam intrested. you can send me the info to my email mendeza1228@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amado in Owatonna, Minnesota

23 months ago

Does anybody know anything about recruitthebestdrivers in saint paul mn that can share information thanks!

Randy r in Madisonville, Kentucky

22 months ago

who will hire me with 1 dui. 20 years of notickets and 20 years of otr trucking no other tickets, no accidents.HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Randy r in Madisonville, Kentucky

22 months ago

help

randy r in Owensboro, Kentucky

22 months ago

Does anyone know know what the name of the trucking co.,that said they would hire me with one dui and 20 years of otr exp.?

randy r in Owensboro, Kentucky

22 months ago

Does anyone know know what the name of the trucking co.,that said they would hire me with one dui and 20 years of otr exp.?

mrtnbailey3@gmail.com in Lakewood, New Jersey

22 months ago

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: All you need to do is to apply for jobs with companies who state openly that they will hire with a prior DUI after a specified period of time. The company I recruit for has a 2 year limit on them, that is your DUI must be a minimum of 2 years old before our underwriters will accept you on our insurance .

I do not even Have a DUI.A company has redflag me, Stating I failed the drug/alcohol test. I never refuse a test,I never taking s test, I ask to take a test.I hired DAC/Fix.Still whiting.Please if you can email me at mrtnbailey3@gmail.com,The company you work for, I will very gratful,Anybody else.Who can help me,fiendly legaly

Rodney in Fort Smith, Arkansas

21 months ago

Guys, most companies will not hire you until 3 to 5 years after your conviction. If you were fired without a conviction I hope you attended a SAP(Substance Abuse Professional) program. The SAP information should have been provided to you when you were terminated so you could obtain treatment.

If you failed a drug test you should have had a conversation with a MRO(Medical Review Officer). The best option will be to start over with a training program if you have a drug/alcohol failure in your history and completed the required waiting period for the company. Why? Most companies want to see recent driving experience within the last two years.

Rodney

TJDaniel in Albany, Georgia

20 months ago

What is the name of the company you recruit for
TJDaniel Albany,Ga. tjdaniel57@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AL in Roseville, Michigan

18 months ago

People, use Spell Check. Really? Some of these statements I'm reading make no since what so ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

TJDaniel in Albany, Georgia

18 months ago

Let me know of a company that will hire after one year old dui.
Mine is 2 years old and i cant get a job nowhere driving no
pLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.
tjdaniel57@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Afoxworth in Marion, South Carolina

18 months ago

please let me know if you find one. arthurdfoxworth@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gsrda9 in Union, New Jersey

17 months ago

Looking for an Otr job what company will hire me with a DUI that's 4 years old need help ! Please email me with company names wiredimports@gmail.com

bjt in Kokomo, Indiana

17 months ago

TJDaniel in Albany, Georgia said: What is the name of the company you recruit for
TJDaniel Albany,Ga. tjdaniel57@yahoo.com

you can let me know what company also for a 2 year dui ,email me please brnbrn76@aol.com

oscar379 in Liberal, Kansas

15 months ago

I got a d.u.i on aug/29/09 and cant find work driving worked for a company and was let go and i was driving for them and now need work i cant do otr cuz im a single father and warehouse jobs and things like that wont look at me i can do a day or two out but i cant be gone for weeks at a time if any body has any ideas please help ive drove for 16 years

Steelhauler in Murrysville, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

I'd like to talk to you about driving. I have a DUI that happened February,2011. Conviction was March,2011. I live in Pennsylvania but can relocate. Hope to hear back from you and thanks for the post.

RecruitTheBestDrivers in Iowa City, Iowa

15 months ago

I'd be happy to discuss your situation with you, please e mail me @ recruitthebestdrivers@hotmail.com and I will send you my contact information. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Jack Of All in Columbus, Ohio said: No company is allowed to hire you with a DUI that is not greater than atleast 3 years, but most will not take you unless it is atleast 5-10. Your best bet is to lease a truck and trailer and contract yourself out for hire until that incident is a little further in your past. Or you could always switch careers. Unfortunately, there are very few companies these days that will hire someone with a record like yours. It is unfortunate to hear about your DUI conviction and I wish the best in your job search.

Do you need good credit to lease equipment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Jack Of All in Columbus, Ohio said: No company is allowed to hire you with a DUI that is not greater than atleast 3 years, but most will not take you unless it is atleast 5-10. Your best bet is to lease a truck and trailer and contract yourself out for hire until that incident is a little further in your past. Or you could always switch careers. Unfortunately, there are very few companies these days that will hire someone with a record like yours. It is unfortunate to hear about your DUI conviction and I wish the best in your job search.

No company is allowed to hire someone with a dui that is not 3yrs. or more old? Is that a DOT Regulation or insurance company that made that rule?

Newbie in Star Lake, New York

15 months ago

Trying to find a company that will hire my dui is 2 and 1/2 years old and I just recently graduated cdl school in ny any ideas ?

Larry in Ephrata, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Jack Of All in Columbus, Ohio said: Well everything sounded good until he started talking about doctors, lawyers, politicians, and law enforcement . Complete BS what was said. Every profession has rules and regulations and people DO loose their license in all of those. I have worked in Law Enforcement and in the Medical Field, and now am in Trucking, and I can assure you, THEY HAVE RULES TOO! You don't hear about it, because the media does not focus on it. Search for yourself, you'll find a ton!

I certainly don't agree with that statement. There was a judge out in Yakima,Wa who presides over DUI cases that was arrested for DUI in 2011 and he is still on the bench but don't let a truck driver do it though in his/her personal vehicle because that would have an extreme effect on there safety when they were to get back behind the wheel of their semi 24 hours later. If alcohol is SO TERRIBLE, why don't they totally ban it. OH, that's right...........MONEY. If we allow society to indulge in alcohol, there is a great possibility that they may drive and we could produce millions of dollars in DUI fines and costs. Even if a few lives are lost due to alcohol, it is better to have the possibility of generating millions of dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Ephrata, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Steelhauler in Murrysville, Pennsylvania said: Do you need good credit to lease equipment?

Yes, sometimes the credit criteria for leasing can be more stringent than purchasing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie in Saranac Lake, New York

14 months ago

mrtnbailey3@gmail.com in Lakewood, New Jersey said: I do not even Have a DUI.A company has redflag me, Stating I failed the drug/alcohol test. I never refuse a test,I never taking s test, I ask to take a test.I hired DAC/Fix.Still whiting.Please if you can email me at mrtnbailey3@gmail.com,The company you work for, I will very gratful,Anybody else.Who can help me,fiendly legaly

Please let me know how to contact you if u still hire people with 2 year old dui

Newbie in Saranac Lake, New York

14 months ago

What companies do you recruit for and how do I contact you I am interested my dui is 2 and a half years old I just recently graduated from cdl school and I am having a hard time trying I find a job driving

needajobbad

13 months ago

What company do you recuit for?

J. Thompson in Lake Ozark, Missouri

11 months ago

DWI in Missouri driving POV. CDL Disqualification until July 2014.
Eight years over the road doubles, dry vans, refrigerated. Is it worth retesting? Please advise of company or companies which would be able to hire

The Reverend in Columbia, Maryland

10 months ago

I'm going to be getting my CDL in Nov. Of this year (2013) and have a prior Reckless Driving conviction from this past march stemming from a traffic stop in Virginia. I was going 81 in a 60 at 3 am; only car on the road in Greene Co. On US 29. I was surprised b/c in MD and other states that would simply be chalked up to a speeding ticket and 2 points. I had an opportunity to appear and plead guilty with an explanation that would help my changes of getting the charge reduced to an infraction. (It is a class 1 misdemeanor in VA, up there with the ranks of Marijuana possession/Dist., assault, etc.) I was coming back from Miami.

I didn't fight it back then b/c i didn't think it was going to be worth anything. 3 months later I find myself unemployed and decide to get career training as a truck driver. Got my MD state learners permit last week and then began combing this forum and other forums only to find that my reckless driving conviction may prevent me from reaping the benefits of this training and make finding job placement after I obtain my CDL a difficult feat. Does anybody have any advice for getting hired with a reckless?

I'd prefer all you immature trolling flaming types who ain't got nothing constructive to say or any real advice to offer; save your insults and trash talk for the next bloke. I'm too grown for childish shenanigans

James in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

I have a DUI that's 3 yrs old after my year suspension 3 months later I got a tucking job doing what I love to do paying $18 hr it's been over a year with this company no violations I guess I'm considered to be one of the lucky ones I have 13 yrs exp I would like to get with a major company but it seems like I committed murder or something it seems like three years since my DUI conviction would be good enough also I've been driving 1 1/2 of the 3 yrs would help I guess so guess not for those who are without a job keep trying I will

kirk 71

6 months ago

Hi I'm looking for an trucking job can run otr can do three weeks in an roll home time is not an big deal I live by myself and I injoy living by myself I have been trucking for two years but theirs one problem january 1,2011 I got an D.U.I and have been out of the truck since would like to find an company that would gave me an break ,If I was Blessed with an company that would Bless me with an trucking job would be the best driver they can ask for how would I do that ? We'll I would Obey company's rule to the T and all Dot Laws' .If there's anyone out there that knows where I can find an trucking job that would take me with an three year old D.U.I would be greatful and Blessed .

Kathy Jo in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

6 months ago

I do admissions for a trucking school in KY. What is the name of your company and do you take student drivers? If so, do you take them from KY. I also get students with prior experience that are just returning for a refresher. Does your company offer pre-hires based on the information submitted on the application?

6 months ago

Gsrda9 in Union, New Jersey said: Looking for an Otr job what company will hire me with a DUI that's 4 years old need help ! Please email me with company names wiredimports@gmail.com

USXpress will hire after 3 years.

6 months ago

James in Los Angeles, California said: I have a DUI that's 3 yrs old after my year suspension 3 months later I got a tucking job doing what I love to do paying $18 hr it's been over a year with this company no violations I guess I'm considered to be one of the lucky ones I have 13 yrs exp I would like to get with a major company but it seems like I committed murder or something it seems like three years since my DUI conviction would be good enough also I've been driving 1 1/2 of the 3 yrs would help I guess so guess not for those who are without a job keep trying I will

USXpress will take a DUI after 3 years.

Jim in Greensburg, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

Larry in Ephrata, Pennsylvania said: I certainly don't agree with that statement. There was a judge out in Yakima,Wa who presides over DUI cases that was arrested for DUI in 2011 and he is still on the bench but don't let a truck driver do it though in his/her personal vehicle because that would have an extreme effect on there safety when they were to get back behind the wheel of their semi 24 hours later. If alcohol is SO TERRIBLE, why don't they totally ban it. OH, that's right...........MONEY. If we allow society to indulge in alcohol, there is a great possibility that they may drive and we could produce millions of dollars in DUI fines and costs. Even if a few lives are lost due to alcohol, it is better to have the possibility of generating millions of dollars.

Dumbest statement on this page! Let's ban something that millions of people use responsibly because some of us weren't responsible enough not to drive our personal vehicles when drunk even though we knew it would effect our careers! Let's have the government be responsible for all of everyones decisions because we weren't responsible enough for ourselves. Get over yourself and assume responsibility. You, as I did, messed up. Not the government because they haven't banned alcohol completely! Guess they should take away our first and second ammendment rights too while they're at it? Since people hurt others feelings with freedom of speech and when a person pulls a trigger someone might get bloody. "Alcohol" isn't the problem it is driving after drinking. Dust off you vag and accept the punishment for YOUR crime and stop worrying so much about everyone else. Your profession has strict consequences for DUI and yes the punishment is different for other career choices, but then you already knew that before you chose to drive after drinking. If you didn't, that's your fault too! I don't mean to single you out completely. My statements are for everyone complaining over the CHOICE THEY MADE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meltoninterest@hotmail.com in Houston, Texas

6 months ago

i have a dui 2.5 years old. only one. official record shows no alcohol or drugs, but high bloold pressure meds. under fl law i was still impaired. did not have to report in person while on probation due to no drugs or alcohol in system. i lost 40 pounds and am no longer on high pressure meds. never a wreck in my life. can i get a cdl (texas will pay for it) and find a job? willing to start off low level, anywhere texas. thanks,

DarleneAngel in Washington, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

My son just graduated with his cdl class a. He has a clean mvr but misd. dui on his background that is over 2 years old. Can u help? ohmydarlene@yahoo.com

claneky in Louisville, Kentucky

6 months ago

I have a prior DUI, early mid 2012, in my personal vehicle, a possession of marijuana charge(less than 1gram, dismissed due to taking classes). Are there any companies that will hire even at a LOW rate of pay? Those are only 2 offenses on my record.

allen perry in Gaffney, South Carolina

6 months ago

Tim O'Neal in Siloam Springs, Arkansas said: I am new to trucking. I had two preventables with trailer damage only, and I got canned by my company. Any advice about getting back behind the wheel? If so, please e-mail oneal.timothy@yahoo.com

What company do you recruit for I am looking to get my cdl's

chantelle in Russellville, Alabama

6 months ago

I was in the process of going to school when a DUI popped up that I thought was dismissed. I paid my fine and left court that day with nothing every coming up in background checks and even got my CDL permit that morning at the DMV and they ran an NCIC. Anyway the DUI will be 2 years old in April and I have no other offenses on my record. Not even a speeding ticket. Looking for a job, any job to get and use my CDL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.