western express lies to other companies about drivers that quit them

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

mtchgra@aol.com

56 months ago

thanks
spartin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

mtchgra@aol.com said: I was driving for them they fired me because it was time for my home time they would not let me go home so i went home anyway i tryed to get in touch with them on the qualcom they would not answer me for two days so my brother called them and the night dispatcher told him that that they are comming to pick up the truckthey gave info to a stranger then they are telling other companies that i abandon there truck they pick up the truck from me in front of my house
they lie lie lie like the dogs they are if any know how to fix this problem besides doing somthing bad to every western truck i see please let me know

You were in the wrong, they were in the right.

They are the boss, not you..you took it upon your self
to go home (with the truck) without their permission..if
you were under a load, then they probably got you for
load abadonment, if not, then it was unaur use of equip,
or unaur out of route...you should have worked that out
without taking steps yourself...

are you enjoying that home time now...

I am sure you will see plenty of it now...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Starlite

55 months ago

That's why I stay away from the large ABC companies...the best jobs are with smaller outfits...owner operators...

I work for one now..and it's night and day different from the larger don't care for you at all companies...
It's nice being able to see your dispatcher on a daily basis and get handed your load personally...instead of sent over qualcom...

Owner operators appreciate you a lot more...
Also get your Twic badge if you can...and work port...

There's a lot of owner operators in that sector who would love to hire you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lil bro in Stephens City, Virginia

55 months ago

Hi Starlite!I'm a driver here in Culpeper,Va.I've been looking for
a job for soon will be 4 months,come the 15th of this month.If you
know of someone that needs a good,and i mean a good driver let them
know about me.My email is fclide@yahoo.com,or five four zero,eight two five,four zero seven nine.I've worked for a few that just weren't worth the salt to go in anybodies bread.I've worked for some that were good,but the people we hauled for wouldn't pay and
they had to go out of business.I've got a good driving record,and
don't mind riding,as long as i get paid for the riding.Thanks,Clide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dacfix in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

mtchgra@aol.com said: I was driving for them they fired me because it was time for my home time they would not let me go home so i went home anyway i tryed to get in touch with them on the qualcom they would not answer me for two days so my brother called them and the night dispatcher told him that that they are comming to pick up the truckthey gave info to a stranger then they are telling other companies that i abandon there truck they pick up the truck from me in front of my house
they lie lie lie like the dogs they are if any know how to fix this problem besides doing somthing bad to every western truck i see please let me know

The problem here is you went home anyway. You should have at least taken the truck back to one of the carrier's terminal and then it would have not been considered abandoment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mackdoggy1 in Charlotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

Wow, I am leaving for orientation with Western Express next week and I have been reading all the forums I can find, the posts are overwhelmingly negative, this is very discouraging. I know just about all big trucking companies basically suck, you are just a number, you are gold, no.1, the best , when you are running hard, but when you need something like to get home for a doctors appt or home time, you are just a lazy, stupid, cry baby pedal masher. My question is--Is Western Express really that bad or are they about par for the course--about the same as other big companies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Calvin in Lawrenceville, Georgia

35 months ago

You probably work for this company and not as a truck driver getting stuck on the road with no family time as promise. You probably are paid a salary so you know what you are getting paid. However for truck drivers driving for this company, this company is the biggest bogus bull crap I have ever had to deal with. I actually parked the truck I drove for them back on their company parking lot where I obtained it and still they are trying to mess me around but unlike the other guy I have their book stating that the place where I left the truck was a safe and secure place to leave the truck and a very good lawyer. so my words to Western Express is see your behinds in COURT!!! And yes sir buddy I am enjoying my time at home!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Crimzon in Phoenix, Arizona

35 months ago

Southern Refrigerated did about the exact same thing to me,

Was my home time, "had been gone for 2 months"

They used "policy" against me. Called me a rogue truck driver, shut off my pay card, left me with no physical cash on me, and 800 dollars on a card I couldn't pull off.

I tried to fight it, called supervisers etc... You know what they took his side, so I drove that truck to their yard gave them the keys and left.

Nobody has a right to screw with another mans money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ujum in San Antonio, Texas

34 months ago

mackdoggy1 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Wow, I am leaving for orientation with Western Express next week and I have been reading all the forums I can find, the posts are overwhelmingly negative, this is very discouraging. I know just about all big trucking companies basically suck, you are just a number, you are gold, no.1, the best , when you are running hard, but when you need something like to get home for a doctors appt or home time, you are just a lazy, stupid, cry baby pedal masher. My question is--Is Western Express really that bad or are they about par for the course--about the same as other big companies?

many people are just lazy and when they get fired they don't mention the real reason as to why they get fired. alot of workers act like if they are on first class of the titanic and want to speak to the mngr when its sinking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Calvin in Norcross, Georgia

34 months ago

No many drivers are not lazy, this company truly just suck. However try it for yourself. The people on here that are complaining has real complaints. I did not get fired I quit because they kept me own the road and then had me sitting with nothing to do. One day I only drove 19 miles after sitting for seven hours. Then they sent me out with and old tag and I had to keep on them for a month just to get a new one. First the sent me to North Carolina and said there was a truck there for me to drive but it was not. Then they want me after staying a week there in a hotel to get on a bus go to Alabama to pick up a truck from a guys home. I refused. So I left then I was called by them and I went back hoping that maybe it was just some mix up. They finally gave me a truck that I had to clean and they said they would pay me for that and never did. I also had to use my drive time to pick up someone and take him to his truck and again they were going to pay me for my drive time and they did not and going out of the way made me late for my pick but do you think they could remember that they sent to get this guy no they actualy were upset for me being late. It took them another two days for me to get a load but I could not go home I had to sit and just wait on a load. Time and money wasted. So I say to anyone it is up to you to work for this tired ass company. I wish you the best and much luck to you.
Cal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

33 months ago

Calvin in Norcross, Georgia said: No many drivers are not lazy, this company truly just suck. However try it for yourself. The people on here that are complaining has real complaints. I did not get fired I quit because they kept me own the road and then had me sitting with nothing to do. One day I only drove 19 miles after sitting for seven hours. Then they sent me out with and old tag and I had to keep on them for a month just to get a new one. First the sent me to North Carolina and said there was a truck there for me to drive but it was not. Then they want me after staying a week there in a hotel to get on a bus go to Alabama to pick up a truck from a guys home. I refused. So I left then I was called by them and I went back hoping that maybe it was just some mix up. They finally gave me a truck that I had to clean and they said they would pay me for that and never did. I also had to use my drive time to pick up someone and take him to his truck and again they were going to pay me for my drive time and they did not and going out of the way made me late for my pick but do you think they could remember that they sent to get this guy no they actualy were upset for me being late. It took them another two days for me to get a load but I could not go home I had to sit and just wait on a load. Time and money wasted. So I say to anyone it is up to you to work for this tired ass company. I wish you the best and much luck to you.
Cal
and I thought Werner was bad,LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

33 months ago

Mr"T" in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I was reading your post and wanted to know what companies are hiring for port jobs? I have my TWIC card. I'm a new driver, not much road time. went to school for my A. let me know please..Thanx for your help.. Mr "T"

I think Crete hires for port jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cal in Duluth, Georgia

32 months ago

WesternKid in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania said: Me and my father both have an still do work for Western. The problem is with the drivers, you are only a truck number unless induviduals establish a connection with your DM..manage your hours with the way our freight moves and know what days to run home time or stay out. I have never had an issue getting paid or making money with this company. The problem is half of the drivers complaining know zip about trucking lol so they think some one should baby them. This is a dog eat dog industry, either learn to eat or get ate. I know my DM personaly we txt constantly, my recruiter like wise and class instructers and the VP an owner of co, I speak with them daily. So its your fault for not working all the sides, I don't kiss no ones behind I even talk crap to the VP lol. Learn the industry then make a statement. Also you are told in orientation about policy and or procedure which you violated both I hope they strip your CDL. Oh and go ahead and go to court cause they will keep you in it till your bank rupt

Glad you feel that way but I got paid because they were in the wrong. I do know my rights and if you can read I turned the truck in to their terminal and they still tried to take my money then ended up paying me so no I want be bankrupt or held up in court i'll just be living my life and being happy and not like you talking on something I know nothing about. But your opinion is just that yours. To each his own I wish you all the best God Bless. :) Smiled all the way to the bank!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

32 months ago

ujum in San Antonio, Texas said: many people are just lazy and when they get fired they don't mention the real reason as to why they get fired. alot of workers act like if they are on first class of the titanic and want to speak to the mngr when its sinking

Oh you think the backbone of companies are the bad guys huh?They don't tell folks the real reason why they got fired huh?or even quit huh?Better think again,the companies,big executives,your bosses ect are the bad ppl not the drivers.Many drivers get fired and or quit every day.Why do u spose that is?Maybe not getting paid,reimbursed,low miles,making drivers sit and sit.So when drivers try and talk to their dispatcher or company,it does'nt do any good.In time it turns into one big flame war.Companies DO NOT WORK WITH DRIVERS,they work against them.So because the driver is defending him or her self,the driver gets fired and you have the gull to say its the workers fault for getting terminated? So in other words kiss their AZZ or suffer the consequenses huh?Some ppl may lie why they got terminated but I think the majority of them are telling the truth.The people with in the companies sitting behind a desk ARE THE REAL LIERS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Donald Osbon in Scottsdale, Arizona

30 months ago

Im also thinking of western express or usa truck i live in phoenix,az and fontana ca is closer then van buren ak,Western states dedicated and usa states 11 western or 48 but all i mostly read is negative stuff about either company,of course ive also had problems with major carriers also Swift/crengland /but i can say that it was mostly my thinking i knew what the heck i was doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donald Osbon in Scottsdale, Arizona

30 months ago

TYhis is not a reply but a Public apology to a company in Glendale AZ. i WAS WRONG ON NUMEROUS ACCOUNTS,I have a tendency to jump to conclusions before getting the facts or in this case anwering my hone,and i aplogys for everything written about your company , another words i caused you alot of headaches and i cannot fix them.
Im truley sorry for what ive caused. Don

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rollinxxcountry in Lubbock, Texas

29 months ago

I worked for Western Express for 6 months. I went home after 1.5 months on the road (time out was not my idea) so I called my DM and worked it out to bring the truck back to the nashville yard with a load and even extended the invitation to not make them buy a bus ticket home. I told them (verbatim) that I wanted to Finish Strong and do it right. I am still to this day appalled by what transpired. They sent someone to pick up the truck,which still had my personal effects inside and then charged me for abandonment after they told me they would have a load for me so that I could return the truck and trailer. No matter how hard I tried to do right by this, they were unwilling to cooperate and treated me like a 5 yr old child by ignoring my calls and taking my things inside that truck.....Is there a way to eradicate this or am I just gonna have to file theft charges on the company? Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tony

23 months ago

srt sucks big green ones mocosso

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tony

23 months ago

I worked for SRT out of Texarkana, there pay sucked all these big company's are running this electronic logging,give you loads you can't possibly run legally and when you are late the dispatcher charges you a 50.00 violation fee they draw them like pistols one especially goes by the name of hunter a real cheese licker if you get my point ha ha.it seems all company's are going to hell in a bucket you piss off one dispatcher they all copp an atitude kinda like mayberry rfd bunch of redneck hillbilly's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

monte112

23 months ago

tell me what are some of the good companies to run for right? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Al in Royersford, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

For your Truck Driver the best thing to do is leave the truck at a state police or a HWY police stations that is a safe place,tell the police about your Co.who you are working for and they are not working with you at all so you can leave the truck there so you will not have the co. put a bad report of truck abadonment on you lic. and if the co. give you a hard time! with anything do not thust them at all bring truck to a HWY police or state police yard a tell your co. where to get there truck at and tell them to kiss your azz!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Forsyth, Missouri

1 month ago

Driver, you screwed that one up! You should have never done that, because these great big crappy companies will screw your DAC report. I am sure that's what they did. The best thing you could have done was to deliver their load, then get routed into a terminal so you could return their truck. Then you could have found a job with a smaller company that knows you by name and not by number. Not all the smaller companies are good. i worked for Super Service 3 times, and never could make a go of it. They run us like renegades in ragged out equipment and didn't pay very well. Then, I worked for US Xpress for 7 1/2 years. I left them because I was missing too many doctor appointments for my blood pressure maintenance and it was taking a toll on my health. Again, big company that didn't care. I now work for Koch. Best move I ever made. They know my name when I walk into the place. Thats what every driver wants.
But, you screwed up with your moves. I dont think you can fix this one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Forsyth, Missouri

1 month ago

too much time has now passed for you to file criminal charges. Yes, you could have filed criminal charges. But, unless you lost $501 or more in personal property, you would only be taking a misdemeanor warrant. You would have better luck in small claims court, but it would have been a tough case for you to prove against corporate lawyers and you could have faced a counterclaim for their costs. It's hard to win in a situation like this.
In the future, if you are getting screwed and you want to quit, take out the majority of your things at home, then asked to be routed to a terminal for maintenance. That's when you hand them the keys and move on. If they still file something negative on your DAC, then challenge it. you DO HAVE A RIGHT to see your DAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Forsyth, Missouri

1 month ago

tony said: I worked for SRT out of Texarkana, there pay sucked all these big company's are running this electronic logging,give you loads you can't possibly run legally and when you are late the dispatcher charges you a 50.00 violation fee they draw them like pistols one especially goes by the name of hunter a real cheese licker if you get my point ha ha.it seems all company's are going to hell in a bucket you piss off one dispatcher they all copp an atitude kinda like mayberry rfd bunch of redneck hillbilly's.

Violation fees are against US Labor laws. File a Labor Department claim on State level and get your money back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.