Ultrasonographer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1396) - Start a Discussion

Hobo2012 in California

Updated 13 months ago

If a non-CAAHEP accredited school is the only option?? - 23 Replies

I live in San Antonio, Texas. From the info on the CAAHEP site, there IS NO accredited DMS program in my area. Unreal! The closest school that is...

Mylana28

Ardms VT Study Materials

I have Davies latest workbook and flash cards if anyone is interested. Davies Vascular Technology 5th Edition 100.00 ScoreCards 50.00

Volunteer26 in Patchogue, New York

Updated 13 months ago

SUNY downstate medical center for sonography....... - 16 Replies

Is it hard to get into this program? Is there a waiting list?

Melanie in Ottawa, Ontario

Updated 13 months ago

Left Handed Ultrasound Technician Discrimination Comping Out - 8 Replies

Anyone have trouble with jobs or schooling for Ultrasound that forces issues with only using right hand during scanning?

Dorkn in Eugene, Oregon

Updated 14 months ago

ultrasound technician/sonagraphy - 5 Replies

Hello everyone! I am a recent graduate with an Associate's in Human Resources. However, after doing some research, I would like to peruse a career...

Brooke in Mobile, Alabama

Updated 14 months ago

Opinions about IUD and SMAHE online programs - 69 Replies

I am intrested to know more information from current and former students expereinces of these 2 institutions IUD-Institute of Ultrasound...

BNG15 in WINFIELD, Alabama

Updated 14 months ago

How long does it take to finish Ultrasound tech school? How do I get started? - 386 Replies

I have been looking into going to school to be a Ultrasound tech and I was wondering how long does it take from start to finish, and does anyone know...

ChristieNYC in Long beach, New York

Updated 14 months ago

ARDMS RDCS test Adult Echo - 24 Replies

Hello my name is Lowell I passed my RDCS in Adult Echo on June 18th. I studied the CD that comes with the “Feigenbaum’s Echocardiography” textbook to...

joyce credle in columbus, Georgia

Ultrasound Schools

I was a student at the Institute of Medical Ultrasound in 2010. I received my Diploma and had a job before my completion date. I'm understanding...

Borkn in Eugene, Oregon

Temp/Travel pay

I believe a lot of temps aren't expecting the amount of money that they could potentially make. I'd like to post pay for jobs and compare pay. I...

Rita in Etobicoke, Ontario

Updated 14 months ago

Looking to study with someone who is writing spi exam - 1 Reply

If anyone wants to study together and writing their spi soon please let me know

Miss_E_RDMS in Some City, California

Updated 14 months ago

Performing vascular exams with only an RDMS certification? - 6 Replies

Hi! I was curious if any experienced sonographers know where to find the rules to which exams we are allowed to perform with our different...

Bryan Bowling in Glen Rose, Texas

Updated 14 months ago

Mainly a female field? - 33 Replies

I am sure this has been covered before but as I am in the job market (new) my travels have led me to believe the majority of techs are female. I've...

allie in Markham, Ontario

Updated 15 months ago

Thinking about ultrasound tech or sonorgrapher - 27 Replies

I was thinking about going to school for ultrasound tech or sonographer. what is better and pays more? Also if anyone could tell me the kind of...

rita in Scarborough, Ontario

Spi exam

Iam writing my spi exam .. if you can help me with good study guide or practice question and answer. My email is rita.sarwary1@gmail.com

TJ in Bellevue, Washington

Updated 15 months ago

What does the demand for U/S jobs in the Seattle Washington area look like? - 2 Replies

I just got accepted into an ultrasound program and will be starting this fall 2015. I will be studying general/vascular. I am super passionate about...

Teaman in Vienna, Virginia

Updated 15 months ago

Keith Mauney and Associates Institute for Ultrasound - 40 Replies

Has anyone heard or have any knowledge of the Keith Mauney and Associates program? Any info is welcomed. Thanks

ECHO/PHYSICS in Dallas, Georgia

ECHO AND PHYSICS EXAM REVIEW MATERIALS

PUT THE FOLLOWING REVIEW ITEMS ON EBAY AND AMAZON TODAY 1. Echocardio From a Sonographer's Perspective Notebook and Workbook 100.00 2. Ultrasound...

Hobo2012 in California

Updated 15 months ago

Pre-employment drug screening for DMS program - 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I was recently made an offer to attend an accredited DMS program in NJ. I am going for the pre-employment 12 panel urine drug...

Lindsey in San Diego, California

Sonography Schools in San Diego

I would like to be an ultrasound technician but I feel all over the place looking at schools and don't know where to begin... Are there even any...

OliviaJane in East Haven, Connecticut

Ultrasound School in CT? Or should I try another field?

I'm about to graduate high school, and I want to go into sonography. However, the only CAAHEP accredited program I can find is though Yale, which...

Kat in Ridgewood, New York

Updated 15 months ago

Does a Bachelor's Degree make a difference? - 67 Replies

Hi, my name is Jackie, and I'm in need of GREAT help. I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find answers to the questions I have. I hope...

Forkn in Knoxville, Tennessee

Role play

Seeking that as a ultrasound technician

xboxer in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 16 months ago

American Institute College of Health Professions - 49 Replies

Has anyone gone to or heard of this school? I am trying to find information on their program. Thank you!

curly_bluiz in Bradenton, Florida

Updated 16 months ago

New Graduate Salary in Miami, Fl - 63 Replies

Can any recent or new graduate give me an example of a starting salary working in Miami, Fl. Someone from an accredited school please. Any...

Katie in Chico, California

Updated 16 months ago

Don't believe everything you read - 134 Replies

As a graduate from WCUI, who is a successful sonographer, really makes me upset to read comments made by those who say they graduated (laurel) from...

petco sucks in El Cajon, California

Updated 16 months ago

Academy of Ultrasound LLC - 18 Replies

Do not believe anything any representatives of Academy of Ultrasound claim! The school and all representatives are frauds, liars and cheats. They...

Sharie in Rancho Cordova, California

Updated 16 months ago

Technicians versus Sonographers - 259 Replies

Sonographers are those who use sound waves (ultrasound) to produce "quality" images. They rely on continuing education, constant practice, and the...

Forkn in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 16 months ago

Questions regarding internships - 3 Replies

As a current student, I am conducting a short questionnaire for the purpose of researching the feasibility of Bellevue College (BC) offering an...

Scan-I-Can in Conyers, Georgia

Updated 16 months ago

IMU in Atlanta - 13 Replies

Does anyone know anything about this school? IMU in Atlanta.

NewGradSoSad in Anaheim, California

Updated 16 months ago

ultrasound technician - 1 Reply

I'm in dyer need of finding an ultrasound technician to interview for my senior project , even if your new at the career I'd love to ask you...

Rayven in Elk Grove, California

Updated 17 months ago

Ultrasound - 478 Replies

I just finished Ultrasound school in Jan. and I have not been able to find a job in Houston. The feedback I am getting is that I need to have one...

LMS in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

Sonographer schools in San Antonio, TX - 94 Replies

I have checked the CAAHEP web site, but no school in SA is accredited by them. Dose anybody know any thing about the DMS programs in St. Philip's...

Hobo2012 in California

Updated 17 months ago

SERIOUSLY, WHERE IS THE MONEY AT? - 144 Replies

hello, i am interested in knowing any sono techs out there (especially in ny) that are willing to disclose salary information. i have seen other...

Hobo2012 in California

Updated 17 months ago

entry-level career advice - 5 Replies

I graduated from a CAAHEP-accredited diagnostic medical sonography program in 2014. After that, I passed three ARDMS certification exams: obstetrics...

Natalia Galitsky in Houston, Texas

entry-level career advice

I graduated from a CAAHEP-accredited diagnostic medical sonography program in 2014. After that, I passed three ARDMS certification exams: obstetrics...

JohuaRul Stomm in Hrios, Saint Helena

Updated 17 months ago

abdomen ultrasound - 10 Replies

hi Any body who want to sell images books for abdominal ultrasound,right now i am studying Burwin books i borrowed it from some one but that time...

JoeSchmo in San Francisco, California

Updated 17 months ago

Guidance on financial aid? - 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I've been accepted into the Kaiser sonography program in Richmond, CA. I'm excited but know it's impossible if I don't have funding....

JamesJon in Sarasota, Florida

Updated 17 months ago

how good is Keiser University? - 133 Replies

I'm about to enroll in Keiser in Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. I want to become an ultrasound technician and this school is really convenient for me. just...

nkhan in Etobicoke, Ontario

How to learn Canadian protocols for ultrasound.

Hi, I am an experienced Sonographer, I have passed ardms registry exams. Now i am looking for a job but everyone said first learn Canadian protocols...

Aca31 in Lincoln Park, Michigan

Updated 19 months ago

Should I get my B.S. in sonography? - 1 Reply

Hi, I just got accepted into GVSU's DMS General program starting in the fall. I've already completed my pre-reqs for the program (2 years worth),...

Jerr in Saint Catharines, Ontario

Updated 19 months ago

Anyone a Cardiology Technologist in Ontario, Canada? - 68 Replies

Hi, I have been considering a career change and have been researching this program. It is offered at Mohawk College as 2 year program in...

peanut210 in San Antonio, Texas

Ultrasound on a Chip

Did anyone else read that article about how a startup company wants to create ultrasound on a chip?. I read a few articles about how this ultrasound...

Forkn in Sierra Vista, Arizona

Updated 19 months ago

Want to know about the physicality of career as a MDS - 2 Replies

I'm in the recovery process from a recent diagnosis that has limited my energy levels and muscle strength. Sometimes I have 'bad days' and have mild...

Forkn in Sierra Vista, Arizona

Updated 19 months ago

What is it like to be a travel sonographer? - 1 Reply

I'm thinking of applying to travel sonographer jobs (where a staffing agency sends the sonographer to work at a hospital in another city). But I have...

MorganD in Huntington, West Virginia

Updated 20 months ago

Advice on what direction I should go. Thanks!!! - 2 Replies

I graduated in 2006 with a bachelors degree in health education w/o teacher certification. It's a public health degree but can also be utilized to...

rochelle in Bakersfield, California

Updated 20 months ago

Being a Sonography student in CA...(HELP!) - 27 Replies

So I'm currently an ultrasound tech student. I have about 6 months left with the program and I'm interning in a hospital in the meantime. Currently...

maria in Mississauga, Ontario

obs/gyne

my email address intelligentpeople56@gmail.com

obs/gyne

Hi,just wondering if any one interested in discussion for ob/gynae for ardms.contact me via email asap.

obs/gyne

hi, just wondering if any one interested in study partner for ob/gynae for ardms contact me through email asap.

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.