ARDMS OB/GYN or AB?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ivan01 in Miami, Florida

63 months ago

I was wondering from the people who took both exams, which exam was easier to pass????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

62 months ago

Ivan01 in Miami, Florida said: I was wondering from the people who took both exams, which exam was easier to pass????

The ARDMS website has exam pass rate statistics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Lanes in Beverly Hills, California

59 months ago

HI, Ivan01 in Miami, FL.
I have vast experience in preparing sonographer to take most of the ARDMS Exams(Abdomen,OB-GYN,Physics and Vascular).I've developed an original material that evaluates the student's ultrasound knowledge with accuracy before HE/HER sit to take the ARDMS test, preventing him /her to waste time and money, and get frustrated.
My review course works this way: The material is divided in lectures according to the ARDMS requirement of contnt outline for that specific test. After every few lectures the student must take a mock test, if he score A OR B,means he is ready on those specific subjects.And, so for... The grade of dificulty in every test modality is similar, but will definitly vary according to the students info in that subject.
Unfortunately this material is not available online yet. But if you consider to visit BH, CA,I could evaluate you with a test, and tell which subject (Abdomen/OB-GYN)would be easier for you.
All my material is very comprehensive and digestive for the student.
And the prices are half of the market, with special schedules according to the student convenience.
I think I gave you the idea the easier test for you is the one you are abble to score better. You may go to the ARDMS sample questions (Abdomen and OB-GYN) available online (30 questions for $25,00) and see which subject you score better.
Anyway, Good luck on your test...
My Email is drlanes@ucmec.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Casi in Eden, North Carolina

59 months ago

OB definitely. I took abd last fall and failed by 6 points though I studied very well. Studied for OB and took it last week and past first try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Bloomfield, New Jersey

59 months ago

Ty so much for the info Lys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lys in Albany, New York

59 months ago

Tony in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: Ty so much for the info Lys

Youre welcome. I cant stress those cards enough, for abdomen. I think they are so worth it. I can only hope the ob cards are as great as they are. You know as I sit here,in the AM I would also recommend Exam Preparation for Diagnostic Ultrasound: Abdomen and OB/GYN (Lippincott's Review Series) by Roger C Sanders, Jann Dolk, and Nancy Smith Miner, you can but it on Amazon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rosie in Snohomish, Washington

54 months ago

I will have the OB/GYN test next month. I use the book " Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology" written by Peter W.Callen (5th edition) and quite familiar with the book. Anyone knows it is enough or not?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenifer in Dearborn, Michigan

54 months ago

I'm searching for a program at Michigan. I just got a phone call from Stanford Brown Institution. I read that it is not certified. Because it is not certified will I be waisting my time going there? I need help!!! If I did go there do I take the examinations from ARDMS? What do ARDMS require from a person that has graduated from a program that is not certified? Any advice?

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Jenifer in Dearborn, Michigan said: I'm searching for a program at Michigan. I just got a phone call from Stanford Brown Institution. I read that it is not certified. Because it is not certified will I be waisting my time going there? I need help!!! If I did go there do I take the examinations from ARDMS? What do ARDMS require from a person that has graduated from a program that is not certified? Any advice?

There is a huge forum here on just this issue, called "DO NOT GO TO ULTRASOUND SCHOOL UNACCREDITED BY CAAHEP!!!!" The bottom line is, unless you have a Bachelors degree or are a graduate of a 2 yr allied health program, you will not be able to sit for the ARDMS tests until you have worked for 12 months..and that is nearly impossible.Only go a CAAHEP school! Here's the list.
www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Lanes in Beverly Hills, California

53 months ago

Dear Student
I've taken the OB-GYN exam myself,and I have a lot experience in preparing students like you to pass it.All subjects will be covered proportionally according to the outline content ARDMS webside:as GYN is 50% of yuor test,so you must review through it carefully,everything will be there, in simple and clear format questions (be confident),the examiantion is very fear:anatomy, physio,LAB and pathologies.The other 50% will cover OB.It is an extensive amount of material to cover. But,at this point you must had bult foundation on all these subjects.Remember every test is made by difficult, medium and easy questions. You must answer all the easy and most of the medium questions correct, otherwise you will compromise your score.The difficult questions you will know some others you will guess. The idea is the total score >555. When practicing multiple-choice questions, learn from yuor mistakes, making a list of it and reading very often. My best wishes on your test.Share the results with me through E=MAIL
But if you don't make,don't dispair. I can spoon-feed with a comprehensive material that will give you the base not only to pass the exam but also to practice ultrasound with confidence in the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rosie in Lynnwood, Washington

53 months ago

Dear Dr.Lanes,
Thank you for the information and I will take the test after three weeks. I read “ Ultrasonography in obstetrics and gynecology” written by Peter W. Callen ( the 5th edition) for more than three times and another two review books with multiple-choices. I like Dr. Callen’s book, but it doesn’t cover 50% of GYN. I think it described OB mostly. Do you think it is enough for the test? I respect your opinion and wait your response.

Schmeck in Lansing, Michigan

53 months ago

Rosie in Snohomish, Washington said: I will have the OB/GYN test next month. I use the book " Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology" written by Peter W.Callen (5th edition) and quite familiar with the book. Anyone knows it is enough or not?

Thank you!

It will most likely NOT be enough...

Rosie in Marysville, Washington

53 months ago

Another book" Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology-A practical Approach to Clinincal problems" written by Carol B. Benson.

What is your recommendation? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Rosie in Marysville, Washington

53 months ago

I passed the test of OB/GYN with good score this morning! I agree with Schmeck in Michgan that the book " Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology" written by Peter W. Callen (5th edition) is too big for such kind of test and spent too much time( 4 months). I should use a little of bit of basic books before. It is the lesson.

Would someone please recommend some books for the tests of ultrasound of abdomen and cardiology ?

Greatly appreciate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Schmeck in Lansing, Michigan

52 months ago

Jenifer in Dearborn, Michigan said: I'm searching for a program at Michigan. I just got a phone call from Stanford Brown Institution. I read that it is not certified. Because it is not certified will I be waisting my time going there? I need help!!! If I did go there do I take the examinations from ARDMS? What do ARDMS require from a person that has graduated from a program that is not certified? Any advice?

Look at Jackson Comm College's program... it is awesome and certified..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Danbury, Connecticut

51 months ago

Hi all,

I fail OB/GYN exam. I'm thinking about taking some classes/seminars. There are so many different classes, I have no idea which one is the best. Does anyone know, or could give me a recommemdation? Thanks!

51 months ago

I have never go to any classes here for the tests, just find right text books. I had spent one month read the books for SPI and two months for OB/GYN. I have passed all tests with good scores and now wonder how I take the echocardiology and abdomanal tests since I have no signed clinical verification forms. Who can help me that or any ideas? Thanks!

Katie in Danbury, Connecticut

51 months ago

The person that could sign the CV form is must be certified by ARDMS. By the way, do you have any recommend on the book? I've been seaching to buy text book too. Thanks a lot!

51 months ago

I use "Ultrasonography in ob and gyn" by Peter W Callen (the fifth edition) and another two exam preparation books for practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emmy_my in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

I am going to take AB, and OB/GYN exams. Anyone who has notes would you please email them to me...ym_marianne@yahoo.com Greatly appreciate

Maria in Okemos, Michigan

50 months ago

I'm a registered sonographer in Ob and planning to take Abdomen boards. does anyone knows that I still need a verification form from someone. I am having trouble finding someone sign it, since I do not work at a hospital, so i am not in contact with any registerd sonographer. Please help.
And, anyone who has take Abdomen Boards,please email me what books i should study from and or any advices? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

radhrsr in Irving, Texas

48 months ago

Can u email me at radharsr@yahoo.co.in

thnks

Dominique d in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

How many questions are on the abdomen board exam ? I feel prepared but i dont know if its 120 questions like SPI or more

luvtoscan in Geneva, Illinois

47 months ago

There are 170 questions on the exam.

Grateful in Ormond Beach, Florida

47 months ago

Just passed ABDOMEN. My advice....study pictures!! Use Appleton, Mosby's and/or Davies. FOR PICTURES. Study the rest of the material from these books or anywhere else. Know which lab goes with which...high or low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grateful in Ormond Beach, Florida

47 months ago

Dominique d in Las Vegas, Nevada said: How many questions are on the abdomen board exam ? I feel prepared but i dont know if its 120 questions like SPI or more

170 for Abdomen and Ob too. 3 hrs to take the test

Deen in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

I just took mine and by 10 points failed. It was more scrotom/prostate on the test than i expected. Also pics of vessels and kidneys are major components on the exam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melponthier in Alexandria, Louisiana

44 months ago

I took the SPI and passed it using the P.A.S.S. u/s books from GCUS website. Now I just took the Abdomen part yesterday and failed using the same study guides from this website. I agree that the Abd test has ALOT of u/s pictures that are very grainy and hard to see the anatomy on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bann in New Iberia, Louisiana

44 months ago

Hi I was Wondering about the difference between the certificate and degree, at LSUE its a 2 year program for the certificate, will you be able to get a job with the certificate?

melponthier in Alexandria, Louisiana

44 months ago

bann in New Iberia, Louisiana said: Hi I was Wondering about the difference between the certificate and degree, at LSUE its a 2 year program for the certificate, will you be able to get a job with the certificate?

To my knowledge, there is NO degree you can get in u/s. The school in Eunice is the most training you will ever be able to get as a tech. Most places offer schools that last a few weeks or months. Believe me, when you graduate from the LSUE u/s school you will be more qualified than anyone to get a job. They probably call it a certificate b/c most people who go to the school already have degrees in allied health, such as Radiology. Hopes this helps!

FYI...it is VERY hard to get into this school, but good luck!

bann in New Iberia, Louisiana

44 months ago

thanks melponthier, much appreciated

Mybutterfly147@gmail.com

44 months ago

Need OB/GYN notes or names of books needed to study? Please can someone email me information! God bless! Mybutterfly147@gmail.com

abd testing in Grand Terrace, California

44 months ago

melponthier in Alexandria, Louisiana said: I took the SPI and passed it using the P.A.S.S. u/s books from GCUS website. Now I just took the Abdomen part yesterday and failed using the same study guides from this website. I agree that the Abd test has ALOT of u/s pictures that are very grainy and hard to see the anatomy on.

I also failed the abdominal exam by a few points, Im building up the courage to take it again, where you aware that the outline will change effective September? I wonder if this change will change the test alot?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

melponthier

44 months ago

Its pretty much the same, I think. I studied for 2 mths so I was very upset when I failed. I'm not waiting, there is a 60 day waiting period then I'm taking it again.

Dennis from Brooklyn in brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

HI, I am taking abd again in a few weeks, did anyone take the new exam that is effective Sept? I am assuming that it is pretty much the same but I was curious. I would appreciate any feedback from any one who just took it. Thanks so much.

melponthier in Pineville, Louisiana

44 months ago

Dennis from Brooklyn in brooklyn, New York said: HI, I am taking abd again in a few weeks, did anyone take the new exam that is effective Sept? I am assuming that it is pretty much the same but I was curious. I would appreciate any feedback from any one who just took it. Thanks so much.

I'm hoping it is totally opposite so I can pass it this time! lol If they would get better u/s pictures that are not so up close and grainy it would not be so bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

i though you only had to wait 72 hours and you can re-apply to take the same exam ? ARDMS is getting a lot of new rules, have you looked at their website?

melponthier in Pineville, Louisiana

44 months ago

abd testing in Grand Terrace, California said: i though you only had to wait 72 hours and you can re-apply to take the same exam ? ARDMS is getting a lot of new rules, have you looked at their website?

Yes you have to wait 72 hours to apply, but the new test date has to be 60 days from the date you failed. Look into it, its on the website.

43 months ago

melponthier in Pineville, Louisiana said: Yes you have to wait 72 hours to apply, but the new test date has to be 60 days from the date you failed. Look into it, its on the website.

you're right,...

Jules in Gretna, Louisiana

41 months ago

melponthier in Alexandria, Louisiana said: To my knowledge, there is NO degree you can get in u/s. The school in Eunice is the most training you will ever be able to get as a tech. Most places offer schools that last a few weeks or months. Believe me, when you graduate from the LSUE u/s school you will be more qualified than anyone to get a job. They probably call it a certificate b/c most people who go to the school already have degrees in allied health, such as Radiology. Hopes this helps!

FYI...it is VERY hard to get into this school, but good luck!

Why do you say it is hard to get into this school? I am also looking into this program.

fizzah in Toronto, Ontario

37 months ago

i am going to give ob exam in 2 months,what book and cd recommended?

stacey le in Anaheim, California

37 months ago

Hello all,

Does anyone have some left over days for Ob/Gyn x-zone i can purchase for cheap price. Do X-zone can really help you pass? also, if anyone email me their ob/gyn notes..thank you. my email is ninile29@hotmail.com

Jenny in Jacksonville, Florida

35 months ago

Casi in Eden, North Carolina said: OB definitely. I took abd last fall and failed by 6 points though I studied very well. Studied for OB and took it last week and past first try.

Is there any specific area in OB I should spend most of my time on.
Is there anything you can tell me about your test.
Thank you kindly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kissy in Cebu, Philippines

28 months ago

Hi! i'm planning to take up Abdomen (ardms) next year. is Davies and Lippincott's review series are good review materials combination for Abdomen examination?

Lili in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Up for trade my notes from accredited U/S program. I am looking for copy (or original) of ESP workbooks for ABD, OB/GYN and vascular. Or any of the Davies books or mock exams.
These are word files of all lectures and labs. Each section includes many actual ARDMS questions from students who passed the exam. Very organized.
Included:
Abdomen
Ob
Gyn
Physics
Vascular
Bonus: my notes I took after passing SPI last week with 95% - I was able to remember more than half of questions)
Please contact me at kb323818@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vadim in Surrey, British Columbia

26 months ago

Hello everyone!
I lost key to my CD "Abdomen Q&A Review for the ARDMS Specialty Examination". Does anyone can help me, and provide the lost key?
I have quite a big library of books and CDs in radiology, so if you need something,I can exchange. Even if I haven't some book, I can help to find it.
Thanks in advance.
My email: " chach.v@gmail.com"

Elizabeth in Yuba City, California

20 months ago

Just finished taking ob registry have 2 books on sale at amazon.com
steven m. penny and a self assesment guide.
www.amazon.com/shops/ARZMUBP2B9BY2 to the store page.

Terri M. in Dallas, Texas

19 months ago

Elizabeth in Yuba City, California said: Just finished taking ob registry have 2 books on sale at amazon.com
steven m. penny and a self assesment guide.
www.amazon.com/shops/ARZMUBP2B9BY2 to the store page.

I clicked your link and there are not any items listed for you on Amazon. Do you still have the books.

mmdieppa@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

12 months ago

Terri M. in Dallas, Texas said: I clicked your link and there are not any items listed for you on Amazon. Do you still have the books.

hi I am from Dallas also do you still have the OBYN books and if you dont can you tell me which ones are those please I need to study for my registry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rwilk in Owensboro, Kentucky

11 months ago

Tony in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: Ty so much for the info Lys

What review cards are these ?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.