Advice on preparing for the CCI Cardiovascular Science Exam ??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

mcassisa in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

54 months ago

Just study the "Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book 1 and you will pass with flying colors!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCIQuestions in Sevierville, Tennessee

54 months ago

Thanks! I have been studying the Todd's book but there is so much in there!!!

I purchased the ESP seminar workbook and have been going through the ESP X-Zone questions and answers as well.

This will be my first time taking the CCI exam so I am just trying to get some kind of idea about how to prepare and figure out what I might encounter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meajor in Fairhaven, Massachusetts

53 months ago

I too will be taking the cardiovascular science portion of the cci exam. I have been using CArdiovascular Principles A regisrty exam prep guide by Terry Reynolds... ESP echo flashcards..... and more recently i got the CV pdf format download from oceans ultrasound... They seem very helpful so far. i'm just afraid i dont know enough of the in-depth things regarding each of the specific sections on the test outline. i take my test in one week and im freekeing out.... any feedback from previous test takers on the oceans ultrasound flashcards/pdf? or any info on what the majority of the ?s on the test are on??? any help would be wonderful i dont have time or extra $ for Wes Todd's book right now =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee

53 months ago

I would not study the ESP echo flashcards for the Cardiovascualr Science exam. There might be some basic info from those on the test but what you see in the Ocean Ultrasound cards is closer to what you will need to know. The Wes Todd's book volume one is really the best resource for the Cardiovascular Science exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

echo1986@aol.com in Groton, Massachusetts

53 months ago

meajor in Fairhaven, Massachusetts said: I too will be taking the cardiovascular science portion of the cci exam. I have been using CArdiovascular Principles A regisrty exam prep guide by Terry Reynolds... ESP echo flashcards..... and more recently i got the CV pdf format download from oceans ultrasound... They seem very helpful so far. i'm just afraid i dont know enough of the in-depth things regarding each of the specific sections on the test outline. i take my test in one week and im freekeing out.... any feedback from previous test takers on the oceans ultrasound flashcards/pdf? or any info on what the majority of the ?s on the test are on??? any help would be wonderful i dont have time or extra $ for Wes Todd's book right now =(

is there any physics on the CCI science exam? How about the Echo?
Was it as bad as you thought? I am taking the CCI Echo 5/1 and the
CCI Science on 5/19. help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee

53 months ago

echo1986@aol.com in Groton, Massachusetts said: is there any physics on the CCI science exam? How about the Echo?

There is no physics on the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam. There is a section of physics on the Echo and Vascular specialty exams.
You can find the necessary info. dealing with physics on the outlines provided by CCI for the specialty exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

meajor in New Bedford, Massachusetts

53 months ago

echo1986@aol.com in Groton, Massachusetts said: is there any physics on the CCI science exam? How about the Echo?

i just passed the CV science exam 1st time.... woohooo.. it was very challenging...i scored a 673... needed a 650 to pass...i studied from terry reynolds review book... ocean ultrasound cv downloadable pdf... and just went through the outline and looked everything up online that i didnt know and studied that... in patient care i got 76% general a&p 50% quality assurance/quality control 90% cardiovascular A&P 75% general concepts 50%... hop that helps... let me know if u need any more infor... good luck =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara421 in Easton, Maryland

53 months ago

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: There is no physics on the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam. There is a section of physics on the Echo and Vascular specialty exams.
You can find the necessary info. dealing with physics on the outlines provided by CCI for the specialty exams.

The book you need to prepare for the CCI Science exam is "Wes Todd" book, Volume one. Yes there is lots of info in that very big book. Just find the section for CCI Cardiovascular Science exam, and study that area. The book costs around $160.00 but is well worth it.
Alot of the other books, cards, review books you will need for the Echo part of CCI. There is not any physics on the exam.

Good luck.

denise

53 months ago

Thanks for the advice and congrats on passing the CCI exam.

echo1986@aol.com in Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Are there any echo video's on the CCI Echo exam or just multiple choice?

harris in Stone Mountain, Georgia

52 months ago

I passed my CCI science first go around. I studied West Todd CD, does anyone have any sugguestions so that I can do the same for the Echo portion.

denise

52 months ago

I haven't taken any CCI exams yet but I have been studying the Terry Reynolds review book and also David Adams review from a
review course from a couple years ago. I have the gulfcoast flashcards and they are helpful. Congrats on passing the CCI
Science exam.

fvarga in Metuchen, New Jersey

49 months ago

Please advise if anyone has taken the new version of CCI and the best tools (books,cd, etc) for preparing for the exam.

SALMA K in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

I have the Wess Todd's CD for basic science exam for CCI, and the book also,if anybody interested..The book is pretty big has 728 pages.
salmak_2007@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bdzeclipse in Lawrenceville, Georgia

40 months ago

I've studied the oceans review for cci. I have the 2011 cci test prep 2nd Edition and printable cci test prep. Im almost done with it. Let me know if I can help anyone in anway. Email me at bdzeclipse@yahoo.com

quin_melissa in Snellville, Georgia

38 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: I have the Wess Todd's CD for basic science exam for CCI, and the book also,if anybody interested..The book is pretty big has 728 pages.
salmak_2007@hotmail.com

hey can i cd and for how much. quin_melissa@yahoo.com. thanks

quin_melissa in Snellville, Georgia

38 months ago

harris in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I passed my CCI science first go around. I studied West Todd CD, does anyone have any sugguestions so that I can do the same for the Echo portion.

Hey can I make a copy of your cd. I am in Snellville and taking my exam soon. Thanks quin_melissa@yahoo.com
My friend just passed the echo portion. I am taking RVS

nanusa in Bayonne, New Jersey

36 months ago

bdzeclipse in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I've studied the oceans review for cci. I have the 2011 cci test prep 2nd Edition and printable cci test prep. Im almost done with it. Let me know if I can help anyone in anway. Email me at bdzeclipse@yahoo.com

hey, i'm trying to start studying 4 cci echo exam and don't kno where to start lol if u have any info that would be helpful that would be great :) my email is nanusa47@yahoo.com

nanusa in Bayonne, New Jersey

36 months ago

bdzeclipse in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I've studied the oceans review for cci. I have the 2011 cci test prep 2nd Edition and printable cci test prep. Im almost done with it. Let me know if I can help anyone in anway. Email me at bdzeclipse@yahoo.com

hey, i'm trying to start studying 4 cci echo exam and don't kno where to start lol if u have any info that would be helpful that would be great :) my email is nanusa47@yahoo.com

jk in Tuxedo Park, New York

29 months ago

Is the Todds book usefule for RCS CCI It looks like invasive

CCIQuestions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: Thanks! I have been studying the Todd's book but there is so much in there!!!

I purchased the ESP seminar workbook and have been going through the ESP X-Zone questions and answers as well.

This will be my first time taking the CCI exam so I am just trying to get some kind of idea about how to prepare and figure out what I might encounter.

Claudia Brownlee in Westwood, New Jersey

29 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: I have the Wess Todd's CD for basic science exam for CCI, and the book also,if anybody interested..The book is pretty big has 728 pages.
salmak_2007@hotmail.com

I am interested in purchasing the bookfrom you please forward the info if you still have it. Thanks so much

salmak in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Claudia Brownlee in Westwood, New Jersey said: I am interested in purchasing the bookfrom you please forward the info if you still have it. Thanks so much

Can you email me for information?

About to be jobless without registry in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

meajor in New Bedford, Massachusetts said: i just passed the CV science exam 1st time.... woohooo.. it was very challenging...i scored a 673... needed a 650 to pass...i studied from terry reynolds review book... ocean ultrasound cv downloadable pdf... and just went through the outline and looked everything up online that i didnt know and studied that... in patient care i got 76% general a&p 50% quality assurance/quality control 90% cardiovascular A&P 75% general concepts 50%... hop that helps... let me know if u need any more infor... good luck =)

Can you email me the ocean ultrasound? Trentler07@yahoo.com
Was that the one part cci test? How in depth is the physics?
Ay other tips

Arti in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

27 months ago

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: I would not study the ESP echo flashcards for the Cardiovascualr Science exam. There might be some basic info from those on the test but what you see in the Ocean Ultrasound cards is closer to what you will need to know. The Wes Todd's book volume one is really the best resource for the Cardiovascular Science exam.

Do u want to sell your book?

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee

27 months ago

I sold my book quite some time ago after passing the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCI Prep in Norcross, Georgia

27 months ago

Hello all! Does anyone have The Wes Todd's book vol one for sale? Im about to take my CCI in a month or so and doesn't know what to study. My email cnham07@yahoo.com thanks!!

tk in Tuxedo Park, New York

27 months ago

what kind of information do I need to know about PET scans and other modalities? I have a lot of review materials but can't find anthing.

Eman456 in Saint Albans, New York

20 months ago

mcassisa in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Just study the "Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book 1 and you will pass with flying colors!!

r u sure? b/c ive been studying the todds CV review book 1.its alot of info thAts not even in the test outline. also its a lot of grammatical errors

20 months ago

meajor in New Bedford, Massachusetts said: i just passed the CV science exam 1st time.... woohooo.. it was very challenging...i scored a 673... needed a 650 to pass...i studied from terry reynolds review book... ocean ultrasound cv downloadable pdf... and just went through the outline and looked everything up online that i didnt know and studied that... in patient care i got 76% general a&p 50% quality assurance/quality control 90% cardiovascular A&P 75% general concepts 50%... hop that helps... let me know if u need any more infor... good luck =)

what to focus on?

20 months ago

what do i focus on?

20 months ago

tk in Tuxedo Park, New York said: what kind of information do I need to know about PET scans and other modalities? I have a lot of review materials but can't find anthing.

yea can u tell me what i need to know about pet scans

Anjelllo in Suffern, New York

17 months ago

mcassisa in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Just study the "Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book 1 and you will pass with flying colors!!

Hello, im looking for the todds book online and one version is "basic" and its like $60 and another is like $450. Do you think the basic would suffice?

Roger in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

Wes Todd's book is really a great resouce for anything cardiovascular..

Basic is the vol 1 probably, while the 450 is the whole set. I have the whole set as I was in school for Echo, but cross trained in vascular and pediatric. I am currently being trained in cath lab and eventually want to enter an ep program... so I will say that the whole set is worth it from that aspect.

ecoradin@gmail.com in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

salmak_2007@hotmail.com

Yea!! I am interested. how much? thjanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.