Anyone a Cardiology Technologist in Ontario, Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ana in Mississauga, Ontario

59 months ago

If you are already a sonographer, you may wish to check Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies in Mississauga

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ania in Toronto in Richmond Hill, Ontario

58 months ago

There is no job,find somthing else!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Concord, Ontario

57 months ago

Hi Bella
What is your decision about Mohawk?
I am 39 yaers old with 2 kids, afraid too -)))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mathias in Bellevue, Washington

56 months ago

Sorry, couldn't change the location. I'm in Toronto/ON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

Ania in Toronto in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: There is no job,find somthing else!!!

Do not work for KMH!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

bella in Saint Catharines, Ontario said: Hi,

I have been considering a career change and have been researching this program. It is offered at Mohawk College as 2 year program in Hamilton.

Do you like your job...pros/cons

I was wondering how difficult is the program? (I have a 9 & 11 year old)-Is the program doable as a 41-year-old...ha! ha!

How is the job market in this field?

What is the going rate per hour?

Thanks so much for any input you have.

Bella, there are no jobs!!!!, and please do not work for KMH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Meredith in Hamilton, Ontario

53 months ago

I just graduated from the program. There ARE jobs, but do NOT do something with Everest. The two-year diploma is the way to go. You CAN get jobs, but you will be casual or part-time for a year or two, and will likely have to work in burlington, mississauga, etc.

I'm going for Diagnostic cardiac sonography afterwards, anyhow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mathias in Toronto, Ontario

53 months ago

Meredith in Hamilton, Ontario said: I just graduated from the program. There ARE jobs, but do NOT do something with Everest. The two-year diploma is the way to go. You CAN get jobs, but you will be casual or part-time for a year or two, and will likely have to work in burlington, mississauga, etc.

Hi Meredith,

My wife has been looking for close to 6 months now with no success. There were a few offers, but you have so many candidates looking today that it's very difficult to get through. She tried everything, calling, visiting in person, email.... she's still looking today... If you have advices or suggestions, I'm open.

Thanks! :)

Mathias

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Brampton, Ontario

49 months ago

Beware... no jobs in the cardio tech field... my wife just found a casual positions for few hours here and there after over a year and a half looking... don't spend the 30K, it's not worth it and don't believe their promises!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

DL in Toronto, Ontario

49 months ago

I have recently graduated from the Cardiology Technologist program in May at Everest college and is one the few fortunate ones to actually have found a fulltime job. I stress FORTUNATE ones!! A few of my classmates did land part time jobs, but the majority of them are still job searching. The school's recommendations are to try searching out of province postings. I did get a few responses from the out of province hospitals. I got retrained through the Ontario's Second Career program so I didn't have to paid for the 23k tuition; feel bad for those who have to borrow to fund the training. Everest is going through a crisis of their own regarding accredations with CSCT, mainly because they have been flooding the market with too many grads.
The bottom line is regardless if you are a cardio or an echo tech, your chances of landing a job is very low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

radtechinmichigan in Grand Rapids, Michigan

49 months ago

how is the ultrasound job out look in Canada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yasmeen in Mississauga, Ontario

47 months ago

lola in Toronto, Ontario said: And please do not work for KMH!!!!

Hi Lola,

Can you please let me know why one should not work at KMH?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robert kiełtya in Gdów, Poland

47 months ago

Hello

We are a Polish recruiting agency cooperating with Europeans work agencies. We are mostly oriented in finding employees to industry and building sectors. we would like to present You a job offer. Now - for our Dutch customer we are looking for qualified medical assistant of heart disease doctor (cardiologist) :

2 job positions for cardiologist assitant
Both must have required medical education
Both must have experience with caring out heart echo (Heart USG film) and reading it - it is the most important requirement
Both must have good knowledge of the anatomy of a human body (in order to read the film)
They would be working under care and guidance of their Dutch collegue - cardiologist
They must speak good and communicative foreign language: English, German, French, Dutch (maybe)

The job if from now for 2 years, full time in a very good hospital close to city of Rotterdam
We will provide them with a house in Rotterdam.
Social and financial conditions are to be agreed (it will be accordingly to skills and years of experiences)

Just let us know if you meet the request and are interested of the job offer - and if
yes, send us your updated CV please.

Best regards

Robert Kieltyka

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dona in Richmond Hill, Ontario

45 months ago

lola in Toronto, Ontario said: Bella, there are no jobs!!!!, and please do not work for KMH

I applied for few places one of them is KMH..why its not good to go for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kpasala in Brampton, Ontario

44 months ago

hi
can you mail me with resume?
kpasala@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ath in Brampton, Ontario

43 months ago

robert kiełtya in Gdów, Poland said: Hello

We are a Polish recruiting agency cooperating with Europeans work agencies. We are mostly oriented in finding employees to industry and building sectors. we would like to present You a job offer. Now - for our Dutch customer we are looking for qualified medical assistant of heart disease doctor (cardiologist) :

Both must have experience with caring out heart echo (Heart USG film) and reading it - it is the most important requirement
Both must have good knowledge of the anatomy of a human body (in order to read the film)
They would be working under care and guidance of their Dutch collegue - cardiologist
They must speak good and communicative foreign language: English, German, French, Dutch (maybe)

The job if from now for 2 years, full time in a very good hospital close to city of Rotterdam
Social and financial conditions are to be agreed (it will be accordingly to skills and years of experiences)

Just let us know if you meet the request and are interested of the job offer - and if

Best regards

Robert Kieltyka

that an interesting offer, a bit unusual.
can you provide a bit more details about duties, salaries and specification of acommodations provided.
I am registared ECg tech, with echo training as well, have medical background.
regards,
A

dibblem in Oakville, Ontario

42 months ago

Meredith in Hamilton, Ontario said: I just graduated from the program. There ARE jobs, but do NOT do something with Everest. The two-year diploma is the way to go. You CAN get jobs, but you will be casual or part-time for a year or two, and will likely have to work in burlington, mississauga, etc.

Hi Meredith,

I was just wondering whether you have entered the Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography field? I have recently been accepted and am wondering what the job market is like.

Thanks

katherine fosque in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

I just graduated as a cardiology technician (ecg,ekg,)technician so hard to find work im getting worried,i am a phlebotomist,and certified cna as well hellllppppppp any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ali in Toronto, Ontario

38 months ago

anybody intereted to persuade their career in cardiac Ultrasound .
There is very good institute
CTHROUGH 786 IMAGING INSTITUTE , Brampton

ARDMS preparatory courses and hands on practical classes

New session start soon..

contact ugotishaq@yahoo.com

Fiza in Mississauga, Ontario

31 months ago

DL in Toronto, Ontario said: I have recently graduated from the Cardiology Technologist program in May at Everest college and is one the few fortunate ones to actually have found a fulltime job. I stress FORTUNATE ones!! A few of my classmates did land part time jobs, but the majority of them are still job searching. The school's recommendations are to try searching out of province postings. I did get a few responses from the out of province hospitals. I got retrained through the Ontario's Second Career program so I didn't have to paid for the 23k tuition; feel bad for those who have to borrow to fund the training. Everest is going through a crisis of their own regarding accredations with CSCT, mainly because they have been flooding the market with too many grads.
The bottom line is regardless if you are a cardio or an echo tech, your chances of landing a job is very low.

Hi, Can you give me some info reagrding cardiology techc program in everest? I will apply as second career in everest and I have already applied in Mohawk College hamilton. what is the difference between these two programs and college? What would U suggest me if i get both offers?

Let me know
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DL in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

Do not go to Everest, they are a bunch of scam artists. To start, Mohawk is cardiovascular tech as compared to cardiology tech. You get proper and qualified teachers there. The school's motivation is to educate the students where everest's is strictly ensure that you paid the tuition on time. In regards to second career, I am not sure if there is any funding left over from to pay for any one of the two schools. Good luck with you venture, I will be moving to Calgary soon to start my job at the soon to open hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Hey, Thanks for providing helpful info. I got good grades in high school with average 95%, and im hoping to get into mohawk. I considered everest only because of second career but i think i will consider mohawk now. How was your experience in everest? How did u find a job? what are you doing right now? How much is ur wage(if possible sharing,its ok if you dont want to share)? I apologies for asking too many question, I'm just excited lol thanks once again

DL in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

I guess my experience at everest was ok because I didn't have to pay for anything and the length of program was nine months which is more suitable for me and in toronto. Job finding is constant web search for posting and apply to everything and hope for the opportunity to be interview. My pay was $17 then $18.50 after six months at a private clinic with no benefit or anything which is why I applied to hospitals out west where their wages start at $26+.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krishna Pasala in Brampton, Ontario

31 months ago

Hi
if you have chance to get Echocardiography in Mohawk just jump in. I can give you full time job once you pass the exam.
krishna

I have been considering a career change and have been researching this program. It is offered at Mohawk College as 2 year program in Hamilton.

I was wondering how difficult is the program? (I have a 9 & 11 year old)-Is the program doable as a 41-year-old...ha! ha!

31 months ago

Hi
Try Mohawk in echocardiography. I can offer full time job.
krishna

Jennine15 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone!

Has anyone graduated from Everest in this field? Does anyone have a job? They want me to come in and sign the papers this week. I am a 44 year old mother of two teens. And certainly do not need any more hardships in my life.....Help!!!!

Jennine

31 months ago

DL in Toronto, Ontario said: I guess my experience at everest was ok because I didn't have to pay for anything and the length of program was nine months which is more suitable for me and in toronto. Job finding is constant web search for posting and apply to everything and hope for the opportunity to be interview. My pay was $17 then $18.50 after six months at a private clinic with no benefit or anything which is why I applied to hospitals out west where their wages start at $26+.

Hey, Thanks again, If i get accepted for second career funding for everest? Would you suggest me to go to everest. OR still to mohawk? Reason is... its 2 years in mohawk and 9 months in everest. I really want to finish asap plus if i dont have to pay. I want your advice in this case.

DL in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

No! Everest used to be a 9month program but now is 15months costing in excess of $35k. With Mohawk you can take advantage of the back door entry to the echo program if you choose to go that route because it is a cardiovascular diploma. With everest, you will have no chance of getting to the echo program unless you have some sort of science degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pcard in London, Ontario

30 months ago

Everest Grads are definitely not top of list for hires. When i hired they went right to the bottom if not the "g" file

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mathias in Brampton, Ontario

30 months ago

My wife went back to school with Everest almost 4 years ago and started the cardiology technologist program. At the time, it was only a 10 months evening program, that cost us over $22K. She got graduated a year later and only found a job over a year and a half after she got graduated. As another user stated, Everest literally flooded the market with new grad's when the market was already saturated. At one point, they actually couldn't provide the actual CSCT certification anymore because of that; CSCT basically said no more certification until the market needs it. Not sure if this is still the case today.

My wife was offered several low-ball far-away part-time positions ($17/hour and less) to finally find a 30-hour position downtown toronto for a private cardiology office (we live in Brampton) about 1 year and a half ago. While I'm glad we're among the lucky ones, I would warn anyone getting in this program today. There are still lots of people looking and very few openings. Also, Everest was overall a negative experience. Poor (customer) service, not really helping finding a job and basically just a money grab. Not sure about Mohawk seems to have a better reputation out there.

I hope this helps...

sasha in Peterborough, Ontario

30 months ago

I went to Everest/CDI for Cardiology Tech program in Toronto and the school sucked but my teacher was great (i was lucky consider having no healthcare backround). I just focused on getting the best education i could and started lookin for my own placement 4 months before graduation since i was told when i graduate i may have to wait for a placement to come up.

I would like to know that all that is expected of us as cardiac techs and the upgrading we must do ................. why do doctors look down on us and pay such cheap wages here in ontario ? Echo tech's make 10+/hr more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Peterborough, Ontario

30 months ago

sasha in Peterborough, Ontario said: I went to Everest/CDI for Cardiology Tech program in Toronto and the school sucked but my teacher was great (i was lucky consider having no healthcare backround). I just focused on getting the best education i could and started lookin for my own placement 4 months before graduation since i was told when i graduate i may have to wait for a placement to come up.

I would like to know that all that is expected of us as cardiac techs and the upgrading we must do ................. why do doctors look down on us and pay such cheap wages here in ontario ? Echo tech's make 10+/hr more

i wonder if anyone knows of Cardiac Techs working in the USA and what they get paid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

as in Kingston, Ontario

30 months ago

is getting in to cardiac echo at mowhawk easy ??

alanna in Hamilton, Ontario

30 months ago

This program at Mohawk accepts students with an average of about 85%. There are 500 applicants, and 50 students are accepted. It is considered highly competitive

Susie in Mississauga, Ontario

30 months ago

Like many others here, I am a mom over 40 with 3 kids - quit my full time job a few years ago to stay home and drive school bus - now that kids are getting older and school bus drivers DON'T receive any extra benefits, I am thinking of looking into a differnet carreer - was thinking of ultrasound tech as I actualy went to a school and was paid to have students preform ultrasound on me when I was preggers with our 3rd child and thought it seemed interesting - BUT I was also thinking of a carreer as a prison guard - my old job used to have me inside the women's jail in Milton once a week preforming a service and that job seemed like something I might be interested in. Suggesstions? I know I keep hearing that the market is flooded, but it seems like I saw alot of younger people last night when I actually had to go for an ultrasound.

jrao in Port Perry, Ontario

30 months ago

I would suggest you don't get into this field, as there is approximately 60 graduates a year, and 75 percent cannot find jobs.

30 months ago

I am wondering if there is any one who passed out frpm Mohawk in Echocardiography available for job. I have one full time job if any one is interested. She need to know driving. Please contact ASP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Yasmeen in Toronto, Ontario

30 months ago

Krishna Pasala in Brampton, Ontario said: I am wondering if there is any one who passed out frpm Mohawk in Echocardiography available for job. I have one full time job if any one is interested. She need to know driving. Please contact ASP

Hi, I am a Mohawk Graduate and a registered cardiac sonographer. I am interested in applying for the position can you give me some details please and the contact information. Thank you.

Monica in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

lola in Toronto, Ontario said: Do not work for KMH!!!

That's right, DO NOT WORK for KMH!!!!!!!!!!!, YOU MUST BE CRAZY TO WORK THERE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mathias in New Hyde Park, New York

29 months ago

Monica in Toronto, Ontario said: That's right, DO NOT WORK for KMH!!!!!!!!!!!, YOU MUST BE CRAZY TO WORK THERE!!!

Can you elaborate?....

Matt [Brampton - ON]

Ashley in Hamilton, Ontario

29 months ago

I'm taking mohawk's Cardiovascular tech course in sept!! Anyone else!?

Fiza in Fenton, Missouri

29 months ago

Ashley in Hamilton, Ontario said: I'm taking mohawk's Cardiovascular tech course in sept!! Anyone else!?

Hi Ashley, I'm going too, :D:D I'm so excited

ashley in Hamilton, Ontario

29 months ago

You're taking it at mohawk college in hamilton, ON? Email me! Ashley.robson@mohawkcollege.ca

K in Woodbridge, Ontario

28 months ago

Mathias in Bellevue, Washington said: My wife was graduated form Everest almost a year ago, got her CSCT certification in past September, and she's is still looking for a job as of today. There is litterally no position open right now in Ontario + the cardio tech jobs are filled by nurses most of the time because the CSCT certf is NOT mandatory to do this job in Ontario.... something that Everest didn't tell us that's for sure.

I'd suggest you do something else.

Its a great course and a great job. I have been in the field myself for 8 yrs. There are no jobs because they pump too many students out of the schools. Nurses do not do what cardiac techs do! Although some clinics will have the PNR's do the work all hospitals have dedicated cardiac tech to do the cardiac tech work.
Find something else the job market suck and when a job becomes open it is filled my someone with experience or else you will get paid really poorly

K in Woodbridge, Ontario

28 months ago

TD in Toronto, Ontario said: Wow, I am so glad I read this site! I have made the decision to start a second career and all of the research I have done was saying how there is tremendous grown in the cardio tech industry... but I guess it is just more propaganda!

Seriously though, does anyone know of any industry that is actually HIRING right now? I am getting extremely frustrated! I am more then willing to go back to school and get the proper training, I just want to know there is going to be work (preferably well paid) once I graduate!

Yes nursing!

sam in Hamilton, Ontario

27 months ago

Any one knows if the CSCT exam result for September 2012 is out or not?

sam in Hamilton, Ontario

27 months ago

Sorry.. I meant April 2012

Ahsan in Woodbridge, Ontario

26 months ago

robert kiełtya in Gdów, Poland said:
Hello
Hi I'm interested in job and I can fulfil all your requirments.you can contact me via email nachmjajan@yahoo.ca
Thanks,

Both must have experience with caring out heart echo (Heart USG film ) and reading it - it is the most important requirement
They must speak good and communicative foreign language: English, German , French , Dutch (maybe)

Best regards

Robert Kieltyka

H

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

recruiter in Hamilton, Ontario

26 months ago

Hi

I have an Exciting opportunity for Cardiology Technologist - Instructor for a private college. Its a great opportunity for somone who who like to move into teaching

Requirements :

1. 2 yrs experience as a Cardiology Technologist or equivalent (teaching experience would be an asset).

2. Registed CSCT or equivalent

3. Excellent Communication Skills

Contact me for furter information.
usha_sha2003@yahoo.com

usha in Hamilton, Ontario

26 months ago

Mathias in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Meredith,

Hi Mathias,

Send in your wife's resume to usha_sha2003@yahoo.com. I have an exciting job opportunity for her.

thanks

usha in Hamilton, Ontario

26 months ago

DL in Toronto, Ontario said: I have recently graduated from the Cardiology Technologist program in May at Everest college and is one the few fortunate ones to actually have found a fulltime job. I stress FORTUNATE ones!! A few of my classmates did land part time jobs, but the majority of them are still job searching. The school's recommendations are to try searching out of province postings. I did get a few responses from the out of province hospitals. I got retrained through the Ontario's Second Career program so I didn't have to paid for the 23k tuition; feel bad for those who have to borrow to fund the training. Everest is going through a crisis of their own regarding accredations with CSCT, mainly because they have been flooding the market with too many grads.

Can you ask your friends who are looking for jobs to get in touch with me at usha_sha2003@yahoo.com

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.