CCI RVS Exam Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 701)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

golfnut63 in Apo

56 months ago

Has anyone taken the CCI Vascular registry recently? I am concerned about how much physics is on this exam. I have already passed the ARDMS physics exam but don't want to study all the detailed physics therories again and concentrate on the vascular topics.

Thanks
Warren

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mcassisa in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

56 months ago

just study your gulfcoast vascular regisrty review hardley any physics on the vascular tech exam for cci

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynette in Spokane, Washington

56 months ago

why aren't you taking the ARDMS vascular exam if you passed the SPI exam already? That doesn't make any sense!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Golfnut63 in San Diego, California

56 months ago

Because the prerequesites for CCI were met and not for ARDMS. But I passed the CCI Vascular exam on Monday so it is done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MollyBee in Minneapolis, Minnesota

56 months ago

Golfnut63 in San Diego, California said: Because the prerequesites for CCI were met and not for ARDMS. But I passed the CCI Vascular exam on Monday so it is done.

wtg!
How much did the CCI exam cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

MollyBee in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: wtg!
How much did the CCI exam cost?

It was $200. And to clarify I did not take the SPI, I took the earlier version of Physics test before SPI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

tim in Cleveland, Ohio said: How difficult was the cci vascular exam. Was there a lot of physics.

No, it was not as difficult as I thought and stressed about, I scored a 727 not sure how good that is but I am happy. But I suppose I studied the right topics but you never know with these tests.

I studied from the the Eldelmans Physics book, hus Vascular seminar book, and I took the X-Zone online questions for 5 days.

Next is the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam, I will be using Eldelman's X-Zone questions (15 days) with seminar book and Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book Vol 1. That should be enough resources from what others have written on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tim in Cleveland, Ohio

55 months ago

Golfnut63 in San Diego, California said: No, it was not as difficult as I thought and stressed about, I scored a 727 not sure how good that is but I am happy. But I suppose I studied the right topics but you never know with these tests.

I studied from the the Eldelmans Physics book, hus Vascular seminar book, and I took the X-Zone online questions for 5 days.

Next is the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam, I will be using Eldelman's X-Zone questions (15 days) with seminar book and Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book Vol 1. That should be enough resources from what others have written on here.

I just took the cci science exam and passed with a 711. I only studied the todd review book, that's all you need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine Hotard in Missouri City, Texas

55 months ago

Golfnut63 in San Diego, California said: Because the prerequesites for CCI were met and not for ARDMS. But I passed the CCI Vascular exam on Monday so it is done.

Hi, just searching for CCI registry review stuff and came across this site. Congrats on passing! I will soon be taking the CCI vascular registry and was wondering what material would be helpful so I can pass as well!! Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rosalie D in New York, New York

55 months ago

tim in Cleveland, Ohio said: 839

I just took the cci science exam and passed with a 711. I only studied the todd review book, that's all you need.

Are there alot of images on the RVS exam. I am RCS and want to also take the RVS but haven't done vascular in a while. I just want to be very prepared for the exam.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Golfnut63 in San Diego, California said: No, it was not as difficult as I thought and stressed about, I scored a 727 not sure how good that is but I am happy. But I suppose I studied the right topics but you never know with these tests.

I mostly studied the xzone for the echo registry and it really helped me to pass. Is it also good for the vascular registry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SALMA K in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Rosalie D in New York, New York said: Are there alot of images on the RVS exam. I am RCS and want to also take the RVS but haven't done vascular in a while. I just want to be very prepared for the exam.
thanks

can u email me your phone number please
at salmak_2007@hotmail.com

55 months ago

Not a lot of physics just the basics, when I received the score sheet these are the subjects on the CCI Vascular exam

Anatomy and Physiology
Patient Assessment
Disease States
Evaluation of Blood Flow
Advanced Techniques
Vascular Surgery
Physics and Instrumentation
QA/Quality Control

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicki in Dodge City, Kansas

55 months ago

Thanks, I'm really nervous about the test. Did you pass? Did. You think it was really hard?

55 months ago

No, not as bad as I thought but I studied a lot, the X-Zone questions helped a lot, they are not worded the same but they make you think and ready you for the exam (in my opinion).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scruz109 in Saginaw, Michigan

55 months ago

Hi planning on taking cci science exam sometime this summer, looking for some helpful hints as to what to study. I went to Pegasus lectures for the review course but still a little nervous. Thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee

55 months ago

scruz109 in Saginaw, Michigan said: Hi planning on taking cci science exam sometime this summer, looking for some helpful hints as to what to study. I went to Pegasus lectures for the review course but still a little nervous. Thanks :)

You need to purchase the Wes Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book Volume 1. Everything you need to know is in there. The Ocean Ultrasound cards are helpful and I have my set for sale if anyone is interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

scruz109 in Saginaw, Michigan said: Hi planning on taking cci science exam sometime this summer, looking for some helpful hints as to what to study. I went to Pegasus lectures for the review course but still a little nervous. Thanks :)

Also, if you have not already signed up to take the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam and a specialty exam you might want to look at their new requirements. This Summer CCI will make all new registrants take one test instead of two. This one test will combine the Cardiovascular Science Exam with the Speciality Exam and contain physics. So if you try to take the tests after a certain date this year you will fall under their new category and have to take the new exam that contain everything in one "easy to fail" test! Everyone else has to pass their two separate exams by December 2010 or they will also have to take the new exam....even if they have already passed the Cardiovascular Science Exam previously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sonoma in Memphis, Tennessee

55 months ago

How much are you asking for your flashcards?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AHAY in Las Cruces, New Mexico

55 months ago

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: Also, if you have not already signed up to take the CCI Cardiovascular Science exam and a specialty exam you might want to look at their new requirements. This Summer CCI will make all new registrants take one test instead of two. This one test will combine the Cardiovascular Science Exam with the Speciality Exam and contain physics. So if you try to take the tests after a certain date this year you will fall under their new category and have to take the new exam that contain everything in one "easy to fail" test! Everyone else has to pass their two separate exams by December 2010 or they will also have to take the new exam....even if they have already passed the Cardiovascular Science Exam previously.

I am going to take the CCI vascular (RVS) and echo (RCS) registry exams. I will be exempt from taking the Cardiovascular science exam. I heard the x-zone was good for the RCS, but how about the RVS, would I need to study the vascular x-zone? Or what have you heard is good to study for both? Would I have to study much of the physics since I'm not takine the CV science exam?

55 months ago

AHAY in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: I am going to take the CCI vascular (RVS) and echo (RCS) registry exams. I will be exempt from taking the Cardiovascular science exam. I heard the x-zone was good for the RCS, but how about the RVS, would I need to study the vascular x-zone? Or what have you heard is good to study for both? Would I have to study much of the physics since I'm not takine the CV science exam?

Physics is part of the CCI Vascular and Echo registry exams. There is no physics on the CCI Cardiovascular Science Exam. If you look at the RVS outline provided by CCI you will see what they require for physics.
I hear mixed reviews about X-Zone. I have 6 weeks worth of X-Zone for Vascular Technology but I'm not sure if I am going to use it at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: Physics is part of the CCI Vascular and Echo registry exams. There is no physics on the CCI Cardiovascular Science Exam. If you look at the RVS outline provided by CCI you will see what they require for physics.
I hear mixed reviews about X-Zone. I have 6 weeks worth of X-Zone for Vascular Technology but I'm not sure if I am going to use it at this point.

Well if you have 6 weeks worth , there is nothing to lose i suggest to do it

Exoticheart in La Puente, California

55 months ago

Are you going to see your review book, I would like to purchase it if you still have it .....thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Exoticheart in La Puente, California

55 months ago

CCI Questions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: You need to purchase the Wes Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book Volume 1. Everything you need to know is in there. The Ocean Ultrasound cards are helpful and I have my set for sale if anyone is interested.

I would like to buy the review book if you still have it......thanks

55 months ago

I may sell my copy of the Todd's Review Book but I'm not sure what the price would be. It's an expensive book and a great resource. The shipping weight would also be a pain but using a USPS Priority Mail "flat rate" box should work for that.
I paid $160 plus shipping but would probably sell for $130 shipped in the U.S. if someone pays using paypal personal payment so I don't encounter any paypal fees. My copy has very little writing or highlighting inside.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ahay in Santa Fe, New Mexico

55 months ago

So what study material did you end up using for the CCI vascular registry?

55 months ago

Augh, has anybody had testing nightmares previous to the exam? I think I am study overloaded!!

CCI Questions in Knoxville, Tennessee

55 months ago

I have to take it May 6th so I am right there with you!!

Brandy in Panama City, Florida

54 months ago

i just passed the spi 2 days ago. now just waiting for my confirmation letter to schedule the vascular exam. what study material should i concentrate on?

54 months ago

sry i forgot to mention im taking the ARDMS vascular exam.

54 months ago

Brandy in Panama City, Florida said: i just passed the spi 2 days ago. now just waiting for my confirmation letter to schedule the vascular exam. what study material should i concentrate on?

Are you currently working in Panama City? I go there often and lived in the area for many years. The Davies "Vascular Technology: An Illustrated Review", Davies Scorecards for Vascular, and the ESP Vascular Technology flash cards should do it. The Davies Mock exam in book format or CD-ROM may also be of help to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sonoma in sarasota, Florida

54 months ago

What all are you preparing for it with? Do you feel ready?

sonoma in sarasota, Florida

54 months ago

For sure I did too!

Nicki in Wichita, Kansas

54 months ago

Night before exam. Any last minute words of wisdom?

54 months ago

PRAY!!!

Nicki in Wichita, Kansas

54 months ago

Thanks! I'll let you guys know how I did.

54 months ago

Good luck! Pass it!!!!! I have to take the RVS exam on May 6th. I'm studying at this moment....(Well before I started reading this forum info)

Nicki in Ford, Kansas

54 months ago

I did it guys! I passed! Yay!!!! 791 - passing score needed to be higher than 650.

CCI RVS Candidate in Sevierville, Tennessee

54 months ago

AWESOME!!!! Did it seems as difficult as you thought it would be? How long have you been doing vascular ultrasound?

54 months ago

Nicki in Ford, Kansas said: I did it guys! I passed! Yay!!!! 791 - passing score needed to be higher than 650.

Also......what study/review materials do you think helped you the most when you were preparing?

54 months ago

I passed the CCI Science Exam yesterday with a 809, I was happily surprised. I studied Eldelman's X-Zone questions (15 days) with ESP Cardiovacular Science Seminar workbook and Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book Vol 1.

I now have my CCI Vascular Registry and will sell associated books if anyone is interested. The books above are in perfect condition, no writing inside.

54 months ago

Rosalie D in New York, New York said: Are there alot of images on the RVS exam. I am RCS and want to also take the RVS but haven't done vascular in a while. I just want to be very prepared for the exam.
thanks

Not a lot of images on my test. No videos. Mostly one liner definitions.

54 months ago

Nicki in Dodge City, Kansas said: Not a lot of images on my test. No videos. Mostly one liner definitions.

Do they give you a lot of patient scenarios where you have to figure out a diganosis when given ABI information, pressures, symptoms, etc.? I'm trying to prepare my mind to think and reason for some of these possible scenarios.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Dodge City, Kansas

54 months ago

There was a couple questions on ABI's and segmental pressures. Not as much as I thought there would be. One question on a venogram...not too much on the overall Non-Imaging testing really. One question on TCP02.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Exoticheart in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Congradulations on passing the Science exam.Can you tell me what was the bulk of the exam, the test is so vast in its content it seems. Thank you

54 months ago

sonoma in sarasota, Florida said: What all are you preparing for it with? Do you feel ready?

i have the esp vasc tech book and flash cards. scheduled my vasc test yest for may 12. i hope its not too hard.

Exoticheart in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Congrads on passing, can you tell me what was the bulk of questions regarding cardio a & p on science exam? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

evanjaline in Plainfield, Illinois

54 months ago

i passed my RCS , soooooooooooooo happy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee

54 months ago

I am taking my RVS exam Monday morning. If I do not pass I lose my job. We are ACR accredited and May 10th is our deadline. Two of our techs took their final tests a few days ago and failed. They have been taken off the work schedule. Any lst minute prep advice. This really has me nervous and there is much riding on it. nwfloridaguy@hotmail.com

Sonoma in Bradenton, Florida

54 months ago

Oh my gosh...CONGRATS!!! You've done well. I am so frazzled about the RVS and science exam.

But great job. Please, tell me any/all that you can about how it was for you. Including what was on the exam.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.