IMU in Atlanta

Comments (11)

ultra in Middle, Tennessee

86 months ago

Does anyone know anything about this school? IMU in Atlanta.

ultrasounds in atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Yes I am currently a student at IMU and very proud of my decision. We started scanning on day one. They also have several clinical sites in the area so you don't have to wait on a site. They also offer online class for the distant students. You can check out the web site www.imultrasound.com. I think you will be pleased.

jordan in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

ultrasounds in atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Yes I am currently a student at IMU and very proud of my decision. We started scanning on day one. They also have several clinical sites in the area so you don't have to wait on a site. They also offer online class for the distant students. You can check out the web site www.imultrasound.com . I think you will be pleased.

I have applied to IMU after ruling out both SB, and IAMP following speaking to past and present students. I have my BS, however, I was laid off as a pharma sales rep. I did have a chance to speak to people in hospital imaging departments which has helped me decide. From what I have gathered, IMU is a well respected program in Atlanta that also offers the option for online training. They are not recieved their CAAHEP accreditation, however, this will have no affect on my eleigibility to sit for my registry exam. I was able to confirm this.

I was interested in Grady because they are cheaper, however, they select only a limited number of students.

Can you tell me how to best prepare as I will start in Jan 09?

ultrasounds in atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

jordan in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have applied to IMU after ruling out both SB, and IAMP following speaking to past and present students. I have my BS, however, I was laid off as a pharma sales rep. I did have a chance to speak to people in hospital imaging departments which has helped me decide. From what I have gathered, IMU is a well respected program in Atlanta that also offers the option for online training. They are not recieved their CAAHEP accreditation, however, this will have no affect on my eleigibility to sit for my registry exam. I was able to confirm this.

I was interested in Grady because they are cheaper, however, they select only a limited number of students.

Can you tell me how to best prepare as I will start in Jan 09?

Hello Jordan
Did you take a look at the web site. You can get all of the information from there along with contact information. www.imultrasound.com. You can contact them if you would like to do a tour of the school

Lil33 in Silver Spring, Maryland

71 months ago

ultrasounds in atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello Jordan
Did you take a look at the web site. You can get all of the information from there along with contact information. www.imultrasound.com . You can contact them if you would like to do a tour of the school

Can you tell me about the program there?

ultrasounds in atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

The classes are offered online as well as on site. Yes I am a student and love it. It is a 18 month diploma program. Give them a call they can give you all the information that you are looking for.

jcr22 in Snellville, Georgia

71 months ago

Do you know the success rate of your students passing the registry exams? Do you know how they are doing in in findings jobs? How are your students doing in findings clinical rotations? How soon do your students begin to perform "hands-on" ultrasound.

Thanks

liz727 in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

Does anyone know where in the accredidation process IMU is. I have heard they will be having a site inspection this fall as a part of that process. What is thr significance of such?

Billy85 in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

I am looking at career change and am considering IMU based on a the endorsement of a neighbor who had her job prior to his graduation.

Anyone else know anything about the school?

Ultrasound tech in Alpharetta, Georgia

25 months ago

This school sucks! I went there, basically taught myself, and it's still not accredited! Don't even get me started on clinical sites and job placement!!! Most schools only accept 9 students, but they are willing to over load the classes to make/save money!

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

25 months ago

joyce credle in columbus, Georgia said: I also attended IMU and I didnt see that at all. You have to go out and find the jobs, I don't see where its the schools responsibility to find your job its yours. The nine students is a good thing. The school is too small to have more than that. I think you are just a unhappy person, that really should spend more time looking for a job. With what you just said why would any one want to hire anyone from that IMU. THANKS ALOT

Oh please, get a grip. Go out and find the jobs? There are no jobs.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.