Opinions about IAMP in New York?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 504)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

red27 in New York, New York

68 months ago

I have been waiting 4 months for a site. I am currently trying to find one by myself with no luck. The school is a sham

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amber81 in Jckson Heights, New York

68 months ago

red27 in New York, New York said: I have been waiting 4 months for a site. I am currently trying to find one by myself with no luck. The school is a sham

I agree , I feel like starting a class action law suit if I can't find a job. These people have to pay for stealing my money using false promises and the time that I wasted let alone all the stress that came along with it...
Feel so angry
PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE.
THEY ARE ALL BUNCH OF LIARS THAT ARE AFTER YOUR MONEY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nickjr in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

Hey,I am thinking about to go Iamp ,Delray beach,FL.How good is this school?Please share your ideas..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynfash in Boca Raton, Florida

68 months ago

i dont know i just sign up for the delray campus and so far the website is so cheap for the online classes the school is so tiny im transfering to nova after this semester only in school cause i just moved here and didnt want to pay my loans

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jredding in New York, New York

68 months ago

amber81 in Jckson Heights, New York said: I agree , I feel like starting a class action law suit if I can't find a job. These people have to pay for stealing my money using false promises and the time that I wasted let alone all the stress that came along with it...
Feel so angry
PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE.
THEY ARE ALL BUNCH OF LIARS THAT ARE AFTER YOUR MONEY

I too am still looking for a job, Please contact me at jredding28@gmail.com, I would like to talk talk to you further about this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

acntech2009 in Briarcliff Manor, New York

68 months ago

I am completely surprised by this... I attend IAMP in Westchester and am finding no problem with my experience there... will be starting my internship soon and there is no shortage of places to go. Perhaps it is different when you're in Manhattan. There are many students in my side of the program who arranged their own internships and that is a completely acceptable practice. Perhaps the solution would be for you to start calling around yourself to look for openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

red27 in New York, New York

68 months ago

acntech2009 in Briarcliff Manor, New York said: I am completely surprised by this... I attend IAMP in Westchester and am finding no problem with my experience there... will be starting my internship soon and there is no shortage of places to go. Perhaps it is different when you're in Manhattan. There are many students in my side of the program who arranged their own internships and that is a completely acceptable practice. Perhaps the solution would be for you to start calling around yourself to look for openings.

We too were told they had a placement site for everyone. THe reality only became apparent after we had finished the theoretical portion of the course. Many of us are calling around for placements. THe only ones on clinicals 2 months after theory ended were the ones who had found their own placements

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T in Valley Stream, New York

68 months ago

Wow im suprised by what im reading here. i attend IAMP on LI and will start my internship in may and already have my site. my teacher is wonderful, the staff is great, we have a lot of machines and the classrooms are huge! im having a great experience there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

italianmami1202 in Yonkers, New York

68 months ago

T in Valley Stream, New York said: Wow im suprised by what im reading here. i attend IAMP on LI and will start my internship in may and already have my site. my teacher is wonderful, the staff is great, we have a lot of machines and the classrooms are huge! im having a great experience there.

I agree with T in Valley Stream and acntech 2009. I have had a great experience at iamp. The instructors and staff have been nothing but accomadating to the students. There are always students that will find something to complain about but at Westchester I found everyone to be very helpful and try to work out any compliant that anyone may have. Yes there are some people that you can never satisfy but they all try to keep everyone on the right track. They have tutoring available and extra scan time on the weekends. I found that very helpful! I begin my clinical in the spring and aleady have a site. Some students may have arranged for their own sites if they work at a hospital but if not a site is given to us. I am very excited an a little scared to start my rotation. Did you know that you can take the SPI exam this spring. All you need is to have a C or better in physics to sit, you don't even need a BA. you can be half way there before you graduate! I plan to sit - wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluetopaz in La Puente, California

68 months ago

Hey anybody could gave info about Sanford Brown Institute New York.
Planing to take ultrasound classes there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Catrina in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Looking for a Good school to attend, spoken to a rep at Stanford-Brown...Everet...IAMP...any suggestions? I would like to go back to school vs. going back to corporate america

john D in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SIGN UP FOR TO THIS SCHOOL, AT ALL!!!! WHOEVER IS WRITING THE GOOD POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS SCHOOL IS THE STAFF THEMSELFS. I AM OUT OF 30 GRAND WITH INTEREST. STILL WAITING FOR A SITE SINCE NOVEMBER 1ST 08. LISTEN TO ME VERY VERY CAREFULLY, ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE THINKING OF SIGNING UP. THEY WILL PROMISE YOU THE WORLD BEFORE YOU SIGN UP.. ONCE THEY GOT YOU THATS ITS. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER SCHOOLS OUT THERE THAT WILL DO THE JOB 100 TIMES BETTER THEN THEM. PLEASE IF YOU WORK HARD FOR YOUR MONEY AND WANT A HAPPY AND A STRESSLESS LIFE THEN DO NOT SIGN UP. YOU WILL LOOSE 10YRS OF YOUR LIFE GOING THROUGH THE HEADACHES..STRESS...TEARS. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. WILL NOT PLACE YOU FOR ATLEAST 3-5 MONTHS. I KNOW SOMEONE IS WAITING FOR THEIR 2ND ROTATION SINCE JUNE OF 08...GO FIGURE. TAKE IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO.. REGARDING MY POST.. BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS IF YOU WONT LISTEN AND READ THIS POST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Modesto, California

68 months ago

yes..it is the new physics for ardms(sonography principals & instruments) takes effect 4/6/09..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TANYA in Elmhurst, New York

68 months ago

italianmami1202 in Yonkers, New York said: I agree with T in Valley Stream and acntech 2009. I have had a great experience at iamp. The instructors and staff have been nothing but accomadating to the students. There are always students that will find something to complain about but at Westchester I found everyone to be very helpful and try to work out any compliant that anyone may have. Yes there are some people that you can never satisfy but they all try to keep everyone on the right track. They have tutoring available and extra scan time on the weekends. I found that very helpful! I begin my clinical in the spring and aleady have a site. Some students may have arranged for their own sites if they work at a hospital but if not a site is given to us. I am very excited an a little scared to start my rotation. Did you know that you can take the SPI exam this spring. All you need is to have a C or better in physics to sit, you don't even need a BA. you can be half way there before you graduate! I plan to sit - wish me luck!

HI I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT EXAM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CAUSE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED TO HAVE A BA. TO BECOME REGISTERED.

ano in New York, New York

68 months ago

TANYA in Elmhurst, New York said: HI I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT EXAM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CAUSE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED TO HAVE A BA. TO BECOME REGISTERED.

Anyone can take the new exam if they passes the physics part of the course with a grade C or above. The speciality exams can only be taken immediately if you attend an accredited course or have a BA

68 months ago

Jon D I am not a teacher or staff @ IAMP. I am sorry if you had a bad experence there, but I didn't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anoymus in Hempstead, New York

68 months ago

bluetopaz in La Puente, California said: Hey anybody could gave info about Sanford Brown Institute New York.
Planing to take ultrasound classes there.

Don't sign up for Sanford Brown. I went there for the Medical Assistant program ONLY because they told me I needed to take that course in order to have enough credits for the DMU program. This is NOT true... They are money hungry and just wanted my money so they lied to me.... There is a HUGE language barrier at Sanford Brown on LI and from what I know Manhattan as well. I talked to many of the DMU students there to find out how they liked the program. They said they couldn't understand their teacher, and because the instrutors were Dr's and not registered techs, they can't scan well, therefor the students do not learn the proper way to scan.

I am a student at the IAMP campus on LI. I love the school, the place is huge and we have many machines in the lab. We are the first graduating class and we are the only class with 20 students in progress. I'm sure Manhattan and Queens is very different. What people have to understand about sites is that there are other schools in New York who have been around a lot longer than IAMP. Many many sites stay loyal to the affiliation that they have with those schools. I feel that if you have a problem finding sites due to the amount of students in your school, do some research, take it upon yourself to network and make phone calls. I have my site already and I go on rotation in May. Good luck with everything Queens and NYC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

[Some of us did make phone calls etc. There are just too many students being churned out of IAMP and SB in the city. You are lucky you are the first class on LI. How many day/night classes are there? I bet soon LI will have the same problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

italianmami1202 in Yonkers, New York

68 months ago

john d - sorry you are having a bad experience. I also am not a teacher or staff member of iamp. you should talk to some of the students from the Westchester campus if you don't believe me. I have had no problems there. I finished my classes today and was given my clinical and will start the beginning of March. I also registered for the pilot physics registry exam yesterday. I can understand your frustration but you should not trash what you don't know. Why don't you sign up for the exam too, it can't hurt you. Turn a negative into a positive!
Tanya, I hope that ano answered your question. Go to the ARDMS.org website and you will see. Registration started on the 9th and the exams will start on April 6th.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ambrr81 in East Elmhurst, New York

68 months ago

italianmami1202 in Yonkers, New York said: john d - sorry you are having a bad experience. I also am not a teacher or staff member of iamp. you should talk to some of the students from the Westchester campus if you don't believe me. I have had no problems there. I finished my classes today and was given my clinical and will start the beginning of March. I also registered for the pilot physics registry exam yesterday. I can understand your frustration but you should not trash what you don't know. Why don't you sign up for the exam too, it can't hurt you. Turn a negative into a positive!
Tanya, I hope that ano answered your question. Go to the ARDMS.org website and you will see. Registration started on the 9th and the exams will start on April 6th.
Good luck

Signing up for the physics exam can't hurt you but failing it DEFINITELY CAN. IT STAYS ON YOUR RECORD PERMANENTLY. So,if you decide to take it you'd better be damn sure you can pass it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ambe.r81 in East Elmhurst, New York

68 months ago

john D in Brooklyn, New York said: DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SIGN UP FOR TO THIS SCHOOL, AT ALL!!!! WHOEVER IS WRITING THE GOOD POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS SCHOOL IS THE STAFF THEMSELFS. I AM OUT OF 30 GRAND WITH INTEREST. STILL WAITING FOR A SITE SINCE NOVEMBER 1ST 08. LISTEN TO ME VERY VERY CAREFULLY, ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE THINKING OF SIGNING UP. THEY WILL PROMISE YOU THE WORLD BEFORE YOU SIGN UP.. ONCE THEY GOT YOU THATS ITS. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER SCHOOLS OUT THERE THAT WILL DO THE JOB 100 TIMES BETTER THEN THEM. PLEASE IF YOU WORK HARD FOR YOUR MONEY AND WANT A HAPPY AND A STRESSLESS LIFE THEN DO NOT SIGN UP. YOU WILL LOOSE 10YRS OF YOUR LIFE GOING THROUGH THE HEADACHES..STRESS...TEARS. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. WILL NOT PLACE YOU FOR ATLEAST 3-5 MONTHS. I KNOW SOMEONE IS WAITING FOR THEIR 2ND ROTATION SINCE JUNE OF 08...GO FIGURE. TAKE IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO.. REGARDING MY POST.. BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS IF YOU WONT LISTEN AND READ THIS POST.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!
The whole thing is a scam covered up as buisness and selling itself as a school, Too bad I was too gullible or desperate to get involved with into this. I still can't beleive I was just tricked like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York

68 months ago

TANYA in Elmhurst, New York said: HI I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT EXAM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CAUSE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED TO HAVE A BA. TO BECOME REGISTERED.

Not necesseraly. You don't need BA for SPI

68 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: [Some of us did make phone calls etc. There are just too many students being churned out of IAMP and SB in the city. You are lucky you are the first class on LI. How many day/night classes are there? I bet soon LI will have the same problem

Right. I live in the city and I already picture myself working as a cashier at Home depot or doing some other crap job like that tying to pay back my loan. The field is overcrowded, THERE ARE NO JOBS.

68 months ago

Anoymus in Hempstead, New York said: Don't sign up for Sanford Brown. I went there for the Medical Assistant program ONLY because they told me I needed to take that course in order to have enough credits for the DMU program. This is NOT true... They are money hungry and just wanted my money so they lied to me.... There is a HUGE language barrier at Sanford Brown on LI and from what I know Manhattan as well. I talked to many of the DMU students there to find out how they liked the program. They said they couldn't understand their teacher, and because the instrutors were Dr's and not registered techs, they can't scan well, therefor the students do not learn the proper way to scan.

I am a student at the IAMP campus on LI. I love the school, the place is huge and we have many machines in the lab. We are the first graduating class and we are the only class with 20 students in progress. I'm sure Manhattan and Queens is very different. What people have to understand about sites is that there are other schools in New York who have been around a lot longer than IAMP. Many many sites stay loyal to the affiliation that they have with those schools. I feel that if you have a problem finding sites due to the amount of students in your school, do some research, take it upon yourself to network and make phone calls. I have my site already and I go on rotation in May. Good luck with everything Queens and NYC

Thanx. I really need some luck to be able to make it in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

jredding in New York, New York said: I too am still looking for a job, Please contact me at jredding28@gmail.com, I would like to talk talk to you further about this

Sorry, can't do it right now, will contact you later

Ravinder in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

Is There anyone giving SPI exam ? I want to know what material will be best for its prep?

68 months ago

Ravinder in Toronto, Ontario said: Is There anyone giving SPI exam ? I want to know what material will be best for its prep?

Since the exam is new there is no prep. matereial available yet. That's why I want to wait about 6 months until it gets more organized and somebody comes up with something that I can use as a reference.I really dont want to fail it by taking a chance after they totally changed the test and I dont wanna be be that first monkey to be shot into space. If I take that test I must be 100% sure I can pass it, otherwise its a waste of time.

68 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Since the exam is new there is no prep. matereial available yet. That's why I want to wait about 6 months until it gets more organized and somebody comes up with something that I can use as a reference.I really dont want to fail it by taking a chance after they totally changed the test and I dont wanna be be that first monkey to be shot into space. If I take that test I must be 100% sure I can pass it, otherwise its a waste of time.

All the test prep courses know the new syllabus. They have already altered their textbooks. If someone needs to take the test early I would suggest taking a Pegasus or ESP review course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I am taking the SPI exam in august, and yes they do have info about the test that you can review, and eledman is having an SPI review in july in NJ, i attend IAMP on LI and there having a review class for the exam also.

Amber81, why did you have such a tough time at IAMP?

67 months ago

T in Valley Stream, New York said: I am taking the SPI exam in august, and yes they do have info about the test that you can review, and eledman is having an SPI review in july in NJ, i attend IAMP on LI and there having a review class for the exam also.

Amber81, why did you have such a tough time at IAMP?

Well... May be because I really tried hard and had hopes. Nobody told me that I have to have connections even to get internship, let alone getting a job. I never imagined it to be such a tough field. There are maybe 5 job openings in the whole greater New York area and hundreds of sonographers trying to make it...I should blame myself for not doing enough research but we always want to beleive what we want, so when I heard how they described everything like new possibilities and new opportunities...JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE even, I kind of went soft and signed up high on all those endorphines imagining my life change...
You know what I mean, right?..
And then next thing I know I'm in a classroom with people sucking their thumb, rolling a joint during a break, the campus director acting like a complete a-hole, and one of my teachers can't speak english at all...
Would you like it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Did you go to the NYC campus?

I have just started my internship and all I do is typing reports. I do not spend any time scanning- not even in the same room as the machine, if I wanted to be a secretary I would not have spent $25k . What a scam

67 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: Did you go to the NYC campus?

I have just started my internship and all I do is typing reports. I do not spend any time scanning- not even in the same room as the machine, if I wanted to be a secretary I would not have spent $25k . What a scam

THATS HORIBLE WHICH HOSPITAL AND WHICH CAMPUS?

67 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Not necesseraly. You don't need BA for SPI

ARE YOU IN QUEENS LOCATION IN LARISA'S CLASS?

67 months ago

QUEENS CAMPUS IS SHOTING DOWN. I WONDER WHAT KIND OF HELP IN JOB PLACEMT THEY CAN OFFER AND HOW ABOUT WHEN THEY TELL YOU YOU CAN COME AND USE THE LAB AS MUCH AS YOU WANT EVEN AFTER YOU FINISH SCHOOL
WHAT A LIE!

Jms0483 in Staten Island, New York

67 months ago

I am actually considering applying to this school (NYC-IAMP) although I haven't received any information on their programs and it has been 2 weeks. I am shocked to hear such negative comments although I haven't heard any comments about this school before so its good to hear some feed back. Any suggestions where to go?~ This is somewhat of a career change for me, so I am not 100% sure what I want to do, but I def. do not want to waste my money nor my time!

hayla

67 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Well... May be because I really tried hard and had hopes. Nobody told me that I have to have connections even to get internship, let alone getting a job. I never imagined it to be such a tough field. There are maybe 5 job openings in the whole greater New York area and hundreds of sonographers trying to make it...I should blame myself for not doing enough research but we always want to beleive what we want, so when I heard how they described everything like new possibilities and new opportunities...JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE even, I kind of went soft and signed up high on all those endorphines imagining my life change...
You know what I mean, right?..
And then next thing I know I'm in a classroom with people sucking their thumb, rolling a joint during a break, the campus director acting like a complete a-hole, and one of my teachers can't speak english at all...
Would you like it?

Loooooool Hi amber!! We know each other quite well. I definitely agree with her. It is a truly humbling experience to realize you signed off 25000 and turn around to see a grown women sucking her thumb in the classroom. This is the very result of these non accredited schools taking ANYONE whos loan gets approved. There is no controversy on the reputation of these schools when past educational history, professionalism, etc isnt a criteria for enrollment. The only criteria is $$$. Again, I repeat no controversy on the quality of these schools when anyone with a GED (if that) can enroll.

67 months ago

Jms0483 in Staten Island, New York said: I am actually considering applying to this school (NYC-IAMP) although I haven't received any information on their programs and it has been 2 weeks. I am shocked to hear such negative comments although I haven't heard any comments about this school before so its good to hear some feed back. Any suggestions where to go?~ This is somewhat of a career change for me, so I am not 100% sure what I want to do, but I def. do not want to waste my money nor my time!

Honestly the market is saturated at the moment. You may be better trying a different field

67 months ago

Jms0483 in Staten Island, New York said: I am actually considering applying to this school (NYC-IAMP) although I haven't received any information on their programs and it has been 2 weeks. I am shocked to hear such negative comments although I haven't heard any comments about this school before so its good to hear some feed back. Any suggestions where to go?~ This is somewhat of a career change for me, so I am not 100% sure what I want to do, but I def. do not want to waste my money nor my time!

Say hello to Mr. Estes, the campus director over there, he is a rare type of that pathetic worthless loser who is ready to use any opportunity to make your life hard to compensate for his own miserable existence.
But that's only part of the problem. THAT SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. Come talk to the students, see for yourself. Don't pay these scam artists a dime before you are absolutely sure it's worth it. To me it doesn't. Wish I could go back in time...

hayla

67 months ago

TANYA in Elmhurst, New York said: QUEENS CAMPUS IS SHOTING DOWN. I WONDER WHAT KIND OF HELP IN JOB PLACEMT THEY CAN OFFER AND HOW ABOUT WHEN THEY TELL YOU YOU CAN COME AND USE THE LAB AS MUCH AS YOU WANT EVEN AFTER YOU FINISH SCHOOL
WHAT A LIE!

Hi Tanya! I am wondering how you know this info? If it has in fact shut down that just proved our point about this school. Please respond.

67 months ago

Well I attend the LI IAMP and like ive said, Ive had no problems what-so-ever!

Good Luck!

67 months ago

T in Valley Stream, New York said: Well I attend the LI IAMP and like ive said, Ive had no problems what-so-ever!

Good Luck!

Is LI a new location? When I applied I either skipped that one or they opened it recently. What I heard today was a little disturbing and I don't know if it's just a rumor or there's something seriuos behind it: I'm talking about Queens campus being shut down.
What are the reasons?
How can it affect the school as a whole?
I know TANYA mentioned it before but today I was bombarded with the news and seeing all those people who're in charge of Queens location coming to our campus left me wondering...: what really is going on?
Maybe nothing?
I started a new topic about this, if anyone has any information, please share, I'm not the only one who's interested.
If something happens to the school it's gonna affect everyone...

67 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Is LI a new location? When I applied I either skipped that one or they opened it recently. What I heard today was a little disturbing and I don't know if it's just a rumor or there's something seriuos behind it: I'm talking about Queens campus being shut down.
What are the reasons?
How can it affect the school as a whole?
I know TANYA mentioned it before but today I was bombarded with the news and seeing all those people who're in charge of Queens location coming to our campus left me wondering...: what really is going on?
Maybe nothing?
I started a new topic about this, if anyone has any information, please share, I'm not the only one who's interested.
If something happens to the school it's gonna affect everyone...

Once they opened the Manhattan campus people stopped going to the Queens campus. It is not convenient for people who live in Manhattan and New Jersey (even Brooklanites). Hopefully the placements will come with them. The Queens location was first and has some great placements that the Manhattan campus cannot use. If they shut down they you may be in a better situation for placement.

67 months ago

T in Valley Stream, New York said: Well I attend the LI IAMP and like ive said, Ive had no problems what-so-ever!

Good Luck!

I don't know why I'm doing this to you... I don't wanna ruin your high since you sound so optimistic about this school. BUT:
-IAMP in its rating and reputation is catching up with Sanford Brown really fast: (S.B used to have the worst reviews and had a bad reputation overall whether that negative feedback was coming from the students or professionals already working in the field);
Now many hospitals REFUSE to work with IAMP or sometimes even BLACKLIST this school. WHY? It makes me almost cry when i hear that Coney Island Hospital blacklisted us. I'm a good student by the way, and my experience there was not completely negative: I had wonderful teachers and instructors too(with just a few exceptions). It's just something doesn't feel right, and that's what I'm worried about.
But no matter what,
good kuck to you too T!

hayla

67 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: Once they opened the Manhattan campus people stopped going to the Queens campus. It is not convenient for people who live in Manhattan and New Jersey (even Brooklanites). Hopefully the placements will come with them. The Queens location was first and has some great placements that the Manhattan campus cannot use. If they shut down they you may be in a better situation for placement.

Amber and I are worried that this might indicate a possible threat to successful completion of the program in the NYC campus, as it seems suspicious that a campus can just "shut down." I mean the imformation is not clear cut available, which is the reason for our even having to question the forum.

hayla

67 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: I don't know why I'm doing this to you... I don't wanna ruin your high since you sound so optimistic about this school. BUT:
-IAMP in its rating and reputation is catching up with Sanford Brown really fast: (S.B used to have the worst reviews and had a bad reputation overall whether that negative feedback was coming from the students or professionals already working in the field);
Now many hospitals REFUSE to work with IAMP or sometimes even BLACKLIST this school. WHY? It makes me almost cry when i hear that Coney Island Hospital blacklisted us. I'm a good student by the way, and my experience there was not completely negative: I had wonderful teachers and instructors too(with just a few exceptions). It's just something doesn't feel right, and that's what I'm worried about.
But no matter what,
good kuck to you too T!

T in valley stream:
These posts arent meant to neccessarily make you feel defensive or insult the school, but logically speaking do you believe this school that accepts anyone with a GED can compete with a CAAHEP accredited school that accepts students with a strict list of prerequisites and years of college experience? There is a reason that the CAAHEP students have the advantage of taking ARDMS immediately upon completion of the program. I mean think about this logically rather then responding quickly... again no offense intended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

ano in New York, New York said: Once they opened the Manhattan campus people stopped going to the Queens campus. It is not convenient for people who live in Manhattan and New Jersey (even Brooklanites). Hopefully the placements will come with them. The Queens location was first and has some great placements that the Manhattan campus cannot use. If they shut down they you may be in a better situation for placement.

Hi, ano!
If what you said is true then it's great news and I'm really happy because we have such a problem with internship placement that it's just driving me insane. Apparently, people have to wait 3-6 sometimes 9 months for a site. If Manhattan campus becomes the primary location and more internship sites become available to its students then I have nothing to worry about. Thanx for the info!
But still, why they keep it all secret, why on their website Queens location is still offered as a functional school location? Why wouldn't they come clean and explain? I've been hearing these rumors since January. It just spreads the paranoia and gossiping which is not a good thing.
By the way, how come you know all this? LOL

lilo in Astoria, New York

67 months ago

IAMP is such a waste of time, money and energy. I was so stupid to believe that they all give a crap. I thought this was gonna be a great school because of the application "they needed"- I wasted my time filling out cause I thought they wanted INTELLIGENT STUDENTS. Apparantly NOT! They just take anybody. BIGBEAR, THUMBSUCKERS and immature people. I feel embarrassed every time people ask me which school I went to for ULTRASOUND. It's sickening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

People who claims that this is a good school, please tell me you graduated and is actually successful. Otherwise, I don't want to hear it.

I want to hear that you got a job right then and there from attending IAMP and I also want to hear that during your internship, they actually let you scan on your own!

67 months ago

lilo in Astoria, New York said: People who claims that this is a good school, please tell me you graduated and is actually successful. Otherwise, I don't want to hear it.

I want to hear that you got a job right then and there from attending IAMP and I also want to hear that during your internship, they actually let you scan on your own!

Nice to hear from you Lilo!
I want a god internship site too. It means everything to me. Theory is nothing according to what I've been told but clinical experience is "it" in terms of actually learning something. I don't wanna stand aside and type reports all day. That's not what I paid for. I'm gonna DO SOMETHING...LOL

67 months ago

amber81 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Nice to hear from you Lilo!
I want a god internship site too. It means everything to me. Theory is nothing according to what I've been told but clinical experience is "it" in terms of actually learning something. I don't wanna stand aside and type reports all day. That's not what I paid for. I'm gonna DO SOMETHING...LOL

lol my dear, I tell you now.. If they don't let me scan, I'm gonna have such a fit! It's bad enough that lab professors in our school is such IDIOTS! Especially the one that can't speak english and does not know which VESSEL goes towards the heart.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.