getting ready to take ARDMS adult echo exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

K Ward in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has a recent copy of ESP adult echo workbook and/or the set of dvd echo loops by David B Adams....I am not able to attend the course out of state, but would really like to use these to prepare for my exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

K Ward in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

K Ward in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I was wondering if anyone has a recent copy of ESP adult echo workbook and/or the set of dvd echo loops by David B Adams....I am not able to attend the course out of state, but would really like to use these to prepare for my exam

I am interested in purchasing them.

Mandy in Hanover Park, Illinois

39 months ago

I have the ESP adult echo dvd loops if you would like to buy them from me. Not sure if your still in need of this....just let me know:)

cjaydb in Honolulu, Hawaii

34 months ago

Hi Mandy! Hope you're still around these forums.. I'm taking my RDCS soon and would love to get that echo loop dvd off you. Please email me cjdb45@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Angie in Saint Louis, Missouri

24 months ago

Mandy in Hanover Park, Illinois said: I have the ESP adult echo dvd loops if you would like to buy them from me. Not sure if your still in need of this....just let me know:)

Hi Mandy. I was wondering if you ever got the echo loop DVDs and if so, would you be willing to sell them. I'm taking my boards soon and would like to find a set as well.
Thnx much!

JON2 in Pacifica, California

17 months ago

I HAVE STUDY MATERIALS FOR SALE:

ESP ADULT ECHO SEMINAR REVIEW BOOK THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET WHEN YOU ATTEND THE SEMINAR, TOGETHER WITH ESP ADULT ECHO 2 DVD LOOP AND ESP FLASH CARD.
ECHO 500 FLASH CARD TERRY REYNOLD.

EMAIL ME AT JONCEL635@YAHOO.COM IF INTERESTED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tonijz00 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Instead of starting a new thread, i figured i'd post it here:
What is an ARDMS Registry Exam? Why is it important? I understand that without it I have about a 97% chance of NOT getting a job {a better chance at hitting the power ball} so why is schooling and graduating with a degree not enough to say that you know what you are doing?

Is there a price to take the test? If I fail the registry exam, how often can I retake it? {do I have to wait a period of time before retaking it}

If I pass the registry do I ever have to retake the exam in the future to keep my registry up-to-date or is that not valid for this type of field?
What types of questions are on the test? I was told the test is 3 hours long…??o_O
Someone says the test is just basic English and Math but someone else says it’s a mixture of Physics and basic Medical Terminologies}? I went on the ARDMS.ORG website to get an idea of what it is but in order to see a sample test I’d have to pay $25.

I just want an idea of what I should prepare for here.
Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Oakland, California

17 months ago

Tonijz00 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Instead of starting a new thread, i figured i'd post it here:
What is an ARDMS Registry Exam? Why is it important? I understand that without it I have about a 97% chance of NOT getting a job {a better chance at hitting the power ball} so why is schooling and graduating with a degree not enough to say that you know what you are doing?

Is there a price to take the test? If I fail the registry exam, how often can I retake it? {do I have to wait a period of time before retaking it}

If I pass the registry do I ever have to retake the exam in the future to keep my registry up-to-date or is that not valid for this type of field?
What types of questions are on the test? I was told the test is 3 hours long…??o_O
Someone says the test is just basic English and Math but someone else says it’s a mixture of Physics and basic Medical Terminologies}? I went on the ARDMS.ORG website to get an idea of what it is but in order to see a sample test I’d have to pay $25.

I just want an idea of what I should prepare for here.
Thanks so much!

Registry is important. It is a national (possibly international)standard that shows you know what you are doing. On top of that, for the government to reimburst payments and insurance issues, most labs aim to be Accredited by ICAEL and part of getting ICAEL is having registered technologists.

The price to take the physics test is $200, each specialty test, $250.

As for retaking, I am not sure as I passed my adult, peds and vascular 1st time.

The outline for the test is on their website and to keep registry up to date, you take CMEs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tonijz00 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Roger in Oakland, California said: Registry is important. It is a national (possibly international)standard that shows you know what you are doing. On top of that, for the government to reimburst payments and insurance issues, most labs aim to be Accredited by ICAEL and part of getting ICAEL is having registered technologists.

The price to take the physics test is $200, each specialty test, $250.

As for retaking, I am not sure as I passed my adult, peds and vascular 1st time.

The outline for the test is on their website and to keep registry up to date, you take CMEs.

Thank you, that was helpful.
Btw, what is CME?

I haven't begun school yet and i am sure i'll learn all of this along the way. I just want an ideal of what all i'd be going through to prepare myself and when i read alot of peoples comments they use acronyms like every beginner is suppose to really know what it means.

Thanx again.

Roger in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

Tonijz00 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Thank you, that was helpful.
Btw, what is CME?

I haven't begun school yet and i am sure i'll learn all of this along the way. I just want an ideal of what all i'd be going through to prepare myself and when i read alot of peoples comments they use acronyms like every beginner is suppose to really know what it means.

Thanx again.

In order to keep your credential after achieving it, you have to keep up with "Continuing Medical Education". YOu need to have 30 cme's every Triennial or 3yrs. Everyone gets most of their CME's either online or going to a course. Getting a registry done is 15 cmes.

Patti in Roseville, California

13 months ago

Mandy in Hanover Park, Illinois said: I have the ESP adult echo dvd loops if you would like to buy them from me. Not sure if your still in need of this....just let me know:)

Do you by chance have the echo work book? I am in need of it really bad. I will pay for shipping and the book.

Aga in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain the 2D Practice Exam videos, to which the questions are in the ESP Adult Echo by David Adams?

Thanks!

Orly in Miami, Florida

1 month ago

Hello everyone. Looking to sell some book/materials. If intereested email me @orlyj22@yahoo.com
-Gulfcoast Ultrasound ULTRA P.A.S.S. Audio CD Disc 1&2 Version 1.0 $30 (both)
-Textbook of Diagnostic Ultrasonography Vol. 1&2 5th Edition Hagen-Ansert $70 (both)
-National Certification Examination Review Spiral Workbook - Abdomen 3rd Edition (used w/ notes but good in condition) $25
-Davies Q&A Review for ARDMS Ultrasound Physics Review CD Version 2.0 $20
-Davies Q&A Review for ARDMS Ultrasound Abdomen Review CD Version 3.0 $20
-ESP Abdominal Ultrasonography Spiral Workbook Copyright 1999 (older version but same content some notes/highlights but in good condition) $40
-Gulfcoast Registry Review Flashcards Abdomen and Physics Revised 1995 (used but in good condition) $25 (both)
-Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation 4th Edition Hedrick Hykes Starchman (excellent condition) $40
-Foundations of Physics 1st edition Tom Hsu $20
-Abdominal/OBGYN Ultrasound Review Quiz Book 1st Edition (some writing but in good condition) $15
-Ultrasound Physics Review Quiz Book 1st Edition (very little writing, very good condition) $15
-Gulfcoast Ultrasound Abdominal Ultrasound Protocol Manual w/ DVD Video $20

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.